Mount Regis Center in Salem, VA

125 Knotbreak Rd
Salem VA 24153

Mount Regis Center Philosophy

Mount Regis Center – a 27-bed, fully accredited and licensed drug and alcohol treatment center located in historic Salem, Virginia – offers a structured inpatient recovery plan tailored to each individual client. Mount Regis’ team of caring and dedicated providers knows that recovery is both an individual and community undertaking. Many of the staff members at Mount Regis have at one time battled addiction themselves, and can easily empathize with clients who have chosen to travel the bumpy road to recovery. At Mount Regis, clients will discover a calming and inviting environment in which to realize their potential, and move towards a fulfilling life free from drugs and alcohol.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Low Ropes Therapy

Acudetox

Equine Therapy

Curt Lane

Chief Executive Officer

Curt Lane has been with Mount Regis Center for more than seven years and was recently promoted to Chief Executive Officer, where he is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining the vision of the organization. Mr. Lane oversees business and clinical services, admissions, business office, finance, business development, customer service and human resources functions of the facility. He seeks business opportunities and strategic alliances with other organizations, plans, develops and establishes policies and objectives of the facility in accordance with corporate objectives, and directs and coordinates programs to provide funding for new or continuing operations in order to maximize return on investment and to increase productivity. Mr. Lane graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from Bluefield State College in 1988 and a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from Radford University in 1996.

Jenna Ratcliff

Admissions and Business Office Director

Jenna Ratcliff has been serving as the admissions and business office director of Mount Regis Center since December 2011, where she is responsible for ensuring compliance with all admissions and billing/collection policies and procedures, managing all aspects of accounts receivable, preparing month-end reports, managing the intake process, helpline calls and referral management. Ms. Ratcliff graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from Old Dominion University in 2008.

ABOUT MOUNT REGIS CENTER IN SALEM, VA

Mount Regis Center, located in Salem. Va., offers residential, outpatient, and detoxification treatment to men and women struggling with addiction. The facility is located about 20 miles from historic Roanoke, and is able to accommodate clients who have a dual diagnosis.

To be admitted, clients may contact the admissions office by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to schedule a clinical assessment. The maximum length of stay at Mount Regis Center is six weeks. Most clients who are in need of detoxification begin with three to seven days of detox and then proceed to inpatient or outpatient treatment for continued recovery. The partial hospitalization program at Mount Regis Center offers ten hours of treatment per day, and the intensive outpatient program offers three hours of treatment per day.

The facility’s treatment program follows the 12-Step method. Throughout treatment, clients receive individual and group therapy, addiction education, 12-step programming, and family therapy. A typical day at Mount Regis Center begins with breakfast and nursing services, followed by a group session beginning at 9 AM. Group sessions occur throughout the day with breaks for lunch and dinner, and clients attend community 12-step meetings every day. Group exercise classes occur three times per week, and clients meet one-on-one with their counselor at least once per week. Free time is available in the evening and on weekends, and clients participate in a group outing every Sunday afternoon.

Aftercare is available for all clients who successfully complete the program. Alumni are eligible to receive counseling and group therapy free of charge for three months after finishing treatment.

The treatment team at Mount Regis Center includes a medical director, physician assistants, a psychiatrist and clinical psychologist, certified substance abuse counselors, licensed professional counselors, family therapists, registered nurses, recreational therapists and spiritual support and guidance counselors.

Mount Regis Center offers 25 beds for male and female adults in a restored historic Virginia estate. The spacious facility is equipped with an outdoor fire pit and fitness room. Clients at Mount Regis Center are not allowed the use of cell phones or other electronic devices while in treatment at the facility.

At the time of this writing there have been nine alumni polled by Rehabs.com. The alumni gave Mount Regis Center excellent reviews, and eight of the reviewers said they would recommend Mount Regis Center to a friend or family member seeking treatment. Eight alumni gave the facility positive ratings for cleanliness, and eight reviewers said they believed treatment was worth the cost or affordable. Eight of the nine alumni gave the facility good ratings when asked to rate staff support.

When asked about strengths of the facility, the reviewers mentioned that group sizes are small, nursing staff is available 24/7, and staff are friendly and helpful. One reviewer lauded the staff and "wonderful" food. “I would happily recommend this facility as they helped on my journey to sobriety immeasurably," another alum wrote in a glowing review.

The six friends and family members polled by Rehabs.com at time of writing gave generally positive reviews regarding Mount Regis Center. When asked about strengths of the facility, loved ones commented that admissions was easy and counseling was good. One alum wrote: “My time at Mt. Regis was incredibly helpful...Overall, I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.”

A common criticism of the facility was its expensive cost and problems regarding insurance. While complaints seemed to be directed moreso at the insurance policies rather than the facility, alumni who experienced problems with the cost noted the facility did not offer much financial support regardless.

The one staff member polled by Rehabs.com to date gave a generally positive review of the facility. The anonymous employee gave the facility four out of five stars for affordability and exercise options. The staffer praised the staff's level of training and experience, and added, “I know that the programs here worked by the success stories we had.” However, the staffer did express a desire for great security at Mount Regis.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its costs. However, Mount Regis Center accepts insurance including Aetna, Beacon Health Options, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, HealthSmart, United Healthcare, and UMPC**. The facility does not accept Medicaid or Medicare.

Published on December 2017

Great place if you are there for the right reasons I am still clean today and wouldn't be without mrc it starts with you though you have to be ready the only problem i had when I was ready to leave it took 4 hours to discharge they need to work on that.

Currently understaffed! 25-27 beds? No..Over 30. Takes 2 days for staff to act upon doctors requests, no response to three emails to three individuals (two days ago), no weekend receptionist ...Loved one there for six days has yet to have one on one with counselor!!?? They are exceptional at instilling, however, "you" are an adult?!

Beware of this place! My loved one was kicked out & parent not notified for 2 hours later. The young girl walked on a highway & waited 4 hours for parent to drive there! They did not notify the parent until 2 hours after daughter kicked out. They would not allow the daughter to stay on the property because they didnt want the other patients to know she was kicked out! Anything could have happened to the young girl. She had no phone & no money! Absolutely unacceptable!

The entire, incredible staff at Mt. Regis are exceptional...My life was saved and peace and serenity are a way of life for me now...I found my way spiritually and emotionally with a clarity that I never thought I would ever know. The best place to feel safe and in harmony with my Higher Power...I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place...God BLESS you all at Mt. Regis!!!

I successfully completed the 28 day program. Never gone to rehab, I didn't know what to expect. Full day helpful sessions, good food, personal counselors, caring medical staff, and weekend activities helped me focus on the present instead of missing home. But here again, I WANTED help...I was never ORDERED to attend. If you are on the fence about treatment, THIS FACILITY IS THE ONE to enter.

Amazing care...I walked in scared to death only to find how nice and welcoming everyone was! I was only there for detox but the care was exceptional and around the clock. Recommend this to anyone and everyone. Strict but only to a certain extent..mainly to prevent any infiltration of substances possibly brought in by patients. Most of the employees were addicts at one time and gave honest advice based on experience! I wish I could have afforded to stay for the whole 28 days but just the 5 days of detox I was there gave me an understanding of how important it is to get help if you need it. Would like to thank each and everyone there that I had an encounter with for being a smiling face and uplifting me to better myself. Great food, smoking if needed, and top of the line care! I felt as if I was a guest in there home. The groups and reading material can guide anyone that really wants to get clean and stay clean gives you a sense of hope and how to analyze certain situations and disorders and how to manage them. A++ . Stay clean and get the help you need at mount Regis recovery and health!

This place is so wonderful. My husband was there 4 yrs ago and unfortunately now my daughter is there. This is the place to go for "help"! They have food available 24/7. They allow patients to call home 4 days a week. They have the nicest staff. I could go on & on about how great this place is! They do activities w/the patients & take them to a gym. They go off campus to meetings. Again, i highly recommend Mount Regis. You won't be disappointed in their facilty or services. The only thing that i would change is to have their family visitation on the weekend b/c most people work during the week but its a small sacrifice to make to know my loved one is getting the helo they so deperately need.

Meals were great, Staff was wonderful. I only attended IOP and it was not as beneficial to me as AA meetings were. I went in one day and my insurance would not allow me to stay, I came back the next day and they allowed me to stay for 24 hours. The staff was very nice, the food was wonderful, the facilities were for the most part nice, I think for an overall experience it is a great place to start this journey.

Easy to be accepted as a patient. False advertising, unable to care for person with medical problems such as type 1 diabetes. Admission was coordinated by hospital, we were told they could care for person with type 1 diabetes, which they could not, sent daughter to ER 3 times eventually admitted to ICU with DKA , then they would not have ake her back stating she was " too sick " to be there

good family involvement, needs to improve exercise program

Friendliness and helpfulness, food choices and caffeine policy were no not the best. I would happily recommend this facility as they helped on my journey to sobriety immeasurably.

Location and staff was good but security can be improved. I know that the programs here worked by the success stories we had

I had a friend of 25 years attend this facility. He truly did not want to change when he went and he was kicked out of the program for breaking their rules. Now he is serving a 10 year prison sentence for drug related charges. Lesson to be learned: Play by the rules, change your own life. It is in a good location for people in need. However, it is too expensive.

We hate to hear that someone ended up in prison, but ultimately people must endure the consequences of their actions. Mount Regis Center is a small, very personal clinic where incidents such as the one described are carefully considered on a case-by-case basis, and administrative discharge only comes after all efforts to prevent it are exhausted. If an individual is unwilling to put his or her best interest and the best interest of the other patients as a top priority, we must take appropriate action to protect the environment of care and each person’s opportunity learn as much as possible during their stay. This commitment to the health and safety of our patients results in a program which provides tremendous value to those we serve. We are proud of the fact that the quality of Mount Regis Center is equal to that of programs which are significantly more expensive.

Mount Regis was there to help me through my addiction to alcohol. I needed a place to get over my addiction and start over. I learned that alcohol wasn't my friend it was my enemy. The counselors were very nice and seemed to understand what i was going through. They had a good, solid 12 step program. However, there was not enough interaction with family and there was not family counseling offered, that my daughter and I could have benefited from.

Realize it was a long time ago. They treated me with courtesy and respect. Did alot of testing. Took me to Doc. Had very good counseling sessions.

At first there was improvement but then my spouse relapsed due to an inability to deal with work related stress. I think he needed longer term treatment, but the insurance refused to pay for him to stay any longer. And he got to where he did not want to continue to see the out patient counselor, and quit going to AA meetings. At the time it seemed like a really good facility. It has been many years so I am not sure how it is now.

Recommend this place for loved ones.

The person entering treatment must want to get better; if not, the facility cannot do it for them. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Great staff. my after care consisted of weekly meetings, for an indefinite period of time

The facility has an entirely new staff since I attended, but the overall experience seems to be the same as with those I have spoken to. External meetings every day, small group (census max of 25), nurses on staff 24/7.

I received exactly what I needed to remain sober,and was introduced to a 12 step program. Its not a Spa, its a recovery house and a damn good one. All its employ are in recovery and really understand what an addict is going through.

It was close by and seemed to fit what I needed.

My time at Mt. Regis was incredibly helpful. Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as helpful for many people who went there. I believe this is because many of the clients who were there when I was were required to come because of legal consequences or occupational consequences. Overall, I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. Families were invited to attend at least one visit with me and my counselor.