Mountain Peak Recovery in Spanish Fork, UT

14048 S Hwy 89
Spanish Fork UT 84660

Mountain Peak Recovery Philosophy

It is the mission of Mountain Peak Recovery to provide the very best therapeutic environment that will enable individuals and families affected by substance use, and disorders to achieve learning that is conducive to lifelong recovery. It is further our mission to bring light to darkness of all kinds, which occurs in the lives of the people we serve. We believe that mistakes are opportunities to learn and grow.

We desire to help everyone we come in contact with, learn from the mistakes in their lives, and put that learning toward lasting change and constant improvement leading to lives of joy, fulfillment and purposeful meaning.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Animal Therapy

Personalized Meals to Dietary/Nutrition Preferences

Holistic Offerings (Yoga, Meditation, etc)

Davee Chandler

LCSW/ Clinical Director

Davee is the Clinical Director at Mountain Peak Recovery. Davee received his Master’s of Social Work degree from the University of Utah and his Bachelor’s of Social Work degree at Brigham Young University. He has nearly 30 years of experience in working with individuals suffering from substance use disorders and is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). He was a founding-member of Bikers Against Child Abuse and spent many years actively engaged in their cause. Despite a persistent lack of physical conditioning, he is a supporter and member of the Board for Addict to Athlete a community support group for those affected by addiction. He is married to an amazing woman and is blessed with 5 children and 8 grandchildren. He is an avid outdoor photographer and loves to create photographic images that bring the beauty of the outside world inside.

Blu Robinson

SUDC, CMHC/ Program Director

Blu is the Program Director at Mountain Peak Recovery. As our Program Director he teaches, counsels and instructs clients and their families on the pathway to healing. Blu earned his degree as both a Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CMHC) and a Substance Use Disorder Counselor (SUDC). He specialized in addiction treatment and is passionate about helping others. Blu has over 18 years’ experience in the field of counseling and recovery working with adults as they turn the mess of addiction into the message if recovery. He and his wife are also the founders of Addict II Athlete a free community support group helping those affected by addiction. Blu possesses the ability to inspire people to reach great heights of performance and success in leadership and life. With passion, purpose, listening and meaning he helps others erase addiction and replace the void left behind. He believes the human spirit is much stronger than we think. He is a devoted father of 4 children and loves nothing more than spending time with his family.

ABOUT MOUNTAIN PEAK RECOVERY

Tucked deep in the Wasatch Mountains about 80 miles from Salt Lake City, Mountain Peak Recovery operates a residential facility in Spanish Fork, Utah and an outpatient center in Provo. Detox, day treatment, continuing care, and sober living are provided in addition to residential and intensive outpatient (IOP) services.

Admission includes a comprehensive medical assessment conducted either online or via phone, and those who are accepted remain in treatment for at least 90 days. Once admitted, clients participate in both group and individual therapy. Treatment modalities utilized include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and the 12 Steps. Medication management and treatment for mood disorders, peer support services, trauma, and other dual diagnosis services are also available.

Outpatient programming can be accessed as step-down aftercare treatment. IOP runs Monday through Thursday, from six to nine p.m. and includes similar activities and therapies as the residential program on top of alumni support. Clients may stay in sober living during many stages of treatment.

Mountain Peak Recovery employs a program and clinical director as well as a case manager and an on-site chef. Three reviewers polled by Rehabs.com to date all rated staff's level of experience and training a perfect five stars.

According to photos published on Mountain Peak Recovery's website, residents stay in a cozy and upscale, ranch-like home that features a 2,000 square foot stone patio, a 12-foot-tall rock fire pit, and vast outdoor space. Smoking is allowed on-site and visitors may stop by on Sundays. Meals consist of mostly American-style cuisine, and cooking staff can accommodate most diets.

To date, three alumni polled by Rehabs.com all gave Mountain Peak Recovery positive reviews, with one rating it a perfect five stars in all metrics measured. All three cited competent staff and individualized treatment as strengths of the program. Alum Mark wrote: "Great facility, outstanding staff and support, individually tailored treatment--simply the best!"

On Google to date, seven reviewers rated the facility an average 3.9 out of five stars, with two rating it one star and five rating it five stars.[1] One alum cited poor communications with staff as a problem, but other reviewers felt the program featured a strong, spiritual program and insightful staff. Alum Andrew wrote: "The competent staff at Mountain Peak uses a unique method of getting to the root of the problem. Identifying my core issues and learning how to process trauma from my distant past has changed how I view myself."

To date, two staff members polled by Rehabs.com to date rated Mountain Peak Recovery a perfect five stars in nearly all categories, including counseling options, family participation, and affordability. However, 12-step and faith-based treatment received just three out of five stars from each staffer.

Both staff members noted that the individualized care was excellent. Employee Sean added: "The environment is spectacular. It is nestled about 8 miles up Spanish Fork canyon, and you couldn't experience a more beautiful, serene place."

Mountain Peak Recovery accepts most major insurance providers including Humana, Aetna, and Cigna.

[1] https://goo.gl/qDhuoi

Published on January 2018

Mountain Peak Recovery is not your typical textbook treatment center. The staff has gone above and beyond to help make sure I had the tools, resources and understanding of my addiction so that I could become and agent in recovery instead of a helpless addict. I gained a family and solid support system that has remained a big part if my life even after graduation. I owe MPR my life.

The most helpful thing for me was that the staff there truly cared about me and every one of their clients. They're not in it for the money, they really care. Overall the staff is the best thing about the facility. Also their location is amazing. They're located up in the mountains without distractions of the urban jungle. The location is very therapeutic in itself.

First class location, food, and staff. Can't say enough about this place. The staff is definitely the greatest strength of the facility, followed by its remote location.

I actually had 2 family members receive treatment at Mountain Peak. Mountain Peak literally saved my family. I have nothing but positive things to say about the entire program, facility, staff and feel like they are all a part of my family including the clients I grew to know at that time. I LOVE Mountain Peak Recovery and am so grateful to have them a part of my family's life. They will ALWAYS be a part of our lives and would highly recommend and encourage anyone who is struggling with addiction to go to this amazing treatment facility. I would even help direct them there! Love this program!I cannot think of any weaknesses. The program is strong. The facility is beautuful . The scenery is breathtaking. The staff are skilled in their areas and very attentive. The outcome is more than I imagined it could be.

Two of my family members went to treatment at Mountain Peak Recovery and it was the best thing that ever happened. In reality it was our entire family that healed from this experience. MPR opened up the way for us to be a family. I am so grateful and blessed to have MPR in our lives. From the beautiful location to the entire staff, I cant express in words what an awesome experience this was for us. They are our family now too. A part of our lives forever. The most awesome people to work with. I know I can call them at any time I feel I need some support as the wife and mother of not one but two alumni. I recommend Mountain Peak Recovery to anyone searching for help to break the chains of addiction. Not only for the addict but to heal their entire family!

The worst therapist I have ever seen. He constantly says to clients it is a privilege to know him he doesn’t schedule appointments and wants u to come talk to him. I never felt comfortable talking to him and had the worst experience of recovery after having been to other rehabs. At all costs do not attend this rehab there are better facilities in Utah. Being trapped in the mountains with a narcissistic Mormon therapist is not something I recommend for anyone wanting to recover

I needed a place where I could recover and heal from my addictions with a very individualized treatment plan. My needs and concerns were somewhat challenging at times and the staff at MPR always addressed them with a compassionate and caring attitude. The therapists went above and beyond to help me heal and prepare me for my life in recovery. I loved the intimate home like setting, the food was top notch, and the mountains are MAJESTIC! The support I continue to receive even after completing the program is amazing and has touched my heart. I have a new family for LIFE, and a new LIFE for my family. The entire Mountain Peak crew have redefined Residential Treatment and my experience there was BARNONE! #isurvivedthemountainpeak!!!!

I tried to get people to respond to help me. No responses. Classy. I basically begged for help and no one seemed to want to return my calls or messages. Thanks guys. I really needed help but now know that addicts to athletes and this place ate only in it for the money and publicity.

I went through this rehab and I must say it was a very spiritual and special experience. Between the staff and tools and therapy offered by this place it is a 5-star recommendation most definitely. They help you work on your core issues to address and process them so you may be able to move past all the issues that people's addiction stem from. You find your true identity as long as your willing to put forth the effort to change your life. In Between Mountain Peak Recovery and my effort put forth I have been able to go from being in prison about half my life to having college in my future and set goals that will make me extremely successful in life. Thank You.

I am a graduate of Mountain Peak Recovery inpatient treatment. Let me first say this. Words always fall short when describing anything that impacts a life like my experience at MPR has mine. I have spent decades in and out of jails, prisons and rehabs. I have seen many things in my life but never have I experienced something quite like this. Most rehabs I have been a part of focus on the "syptoms" of addiction. The competent staff at Mountain Peak uses a unique method of getting to the root of the problem. Identifying my core issues and learning how to process trauma from my distant past has changed how I view myself. I have learned that I am worth all the good and love this world has to offer. These are the things that I "think" about MPR but there is something else that I "believe". Any time there is something that brings light to places in the heart that have dwelt in darkness there resides a special spirit. From the moment I walked in the door there at the ranch I was accutely aware of the spirit that dwells there. Every single client that comes in testifies of the same experience. Mountain Peak Recovery is a place of healing.

strength:Personalized attention. Client needs are evaluated and treatment, assignments, etc are targeted to their individualized needs. Focus on what client is doing right, and on building those things, more than on what they are doing wrong. Weakness:none

strength:Clinical Team, Location, Variety of Modalities, Nutrition, Fitness, Spiritually-driven, Medical Team, Peer Mentors, Comfort, Cleanliness weakness:None that I can find I have worked here for 3 weeks and have been extremely impressed with this company. I have worked in the treatment world for the last 10 years. Mountain Peak is full of people who genuinely care about the client's best interest. The environment is spectacular. It is nestled about 8 miles up Spanish Fork canyon, and you couldn't experience a more beautiful, serene place. The clinical team is incredible. They cover a wide range of modalities to cater to each individual needs. I would recommend Mountain Peak Recovery residential, IOP, and sober living to anyone who is looking for exceptional treatment and the best clinical team in Utah.