Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers - Youngstown

2151 Rush Boulevard, Youngstown, Ohio, 44507

3.3

About Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers - Youngstown

Addiction is a chronic disease, not a lack of self-control. If you are abusing alcohol or other drugs, Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic's personalized treatment plans can help. Our highly trained experts will give you the tools you need to reclaim your health - and rediscover a life worth living.

Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Intensive Outpatient (IOP)

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Relapse Prevention
  • Gender-Specific Groups
  • Early Recovery Skills

3.3/5
    3.3/5
    3.1/5
    3.4/5

• Lh
    Most of the staff is amazing but nurses are HORRIBLE. The doctor is never around. Barely any one on one at all. Just meeting after meeting after meeting. That’s ignorant. They will cater to special diets so that’s good. You have to take your own tide pods to do any laundry and you have to buy phone cards to talk on a pay phone! What the heck are people paying for then? They charge a lot and you still have to pay for everything. They made my husband go off his meds that have been working and didn’t give him any meds at all! That’s extremely dangerous and the opposite of help. Don’t recommend this place if you are poor or need medication.
  • FU
    Because they don’t believe in long term use of Suboxone/Subutex I wasn’t allowed to see a counselor who I had been seeing for years at another facility! Been clean for years and just wanted to be able to see the counselor who had been with me from the beginning at another facility but Neil Kennedy didn’t care! The intake process I was treated like I was wrong for taking the meds I do! If this place really cared about addicts staying clean and being in recovery they would of let me see my counselor and not judged me! So if they’re willing to judge someone over something so small I can only imagine how they judge others. This place sounds like if they can’t make the most money from you as a patient then they don’t want you.
  • JK
    What a joke this place is. Basically telling my husband to leave me and his son. didn't even get to the core of his addiction. what kinda councling tells u to leave the love and support of your family! you cant beat addiction alone. why is there support groups for NA if u are just gonna tell them to do it on their own anyways. dont make sense to me. i would never recomend this place to anyone.
  • T K
    Sure, thanks for your extremely poor counseling to an addict to think about himself first, which he has always done and hasn't done much of anything for his family for years but cause grief and pain even though they have stuck by him. All you did was add to the emotional and terrible pain he has caused them. You really failed this time. Thanks for the grief and now probably family breakup. There are two side to every story but chose just to listen to just the addicts side. I will NEVER recommend your facility and counseling to anyone. F- fail If you consider this abusive or a fraudulent comment or review then you are also a fraud.
  • Tim
    Neil Kennedy is a great place if you WANT Rehab. I now work in the industry a year later and use alot of what was learned there Thanks to the staff. May I reccomend The California Palms If You find Neil Kennedy Is Full/ Same Principals, just extra luxury.
  • T
    Mediocre services all around
  • Papa
    God saved me by coming here was well worth the effort they expected of me thanks to the staff I\'ve got some what of my life back after 40th years of drinking and partying I thank them and my God as I understand him
    Great support system. Wonderful experience from beginning to end
    Knowledge of the treatment needed. Too many people and not enough one on one time for each individuals needs. My son was there for about one year, and it helped quit a bit. I feel though that he may have needed to want to be there for the program to help instaed of being forced.
    good counseling service location, facility itself, too much emphasis on relapse this facility tries to treat too many clients at once.
    counselors were a strength. location was an issue for me. the counselors are good and knowledgable
  • Loraine
    The counseling could've been better. My counselor was mean and kicked me out. She told me that there was no help for me
    Staff are well involved and schooled. The people attending the place must be willing to except the change, so I feel they need to inform the, better of this. I was a visitor of a patient and had an easy going experience to visit.
    Compassion which was a strength but crowded. Clean, close to home area
    It helps those with addictions. It has helped numerous people with addiction problems
    Location was a strength but theft of personal items was not.
  • kjl
    The staff is constantly at each others throats. There was no 1 on 1 counseling. There were bedbugs. Just another rehab mill. Very bad experience.
  • George
    This treatment center should be a 5 star across the board. Never have I had better counseling and treatment. This group of counselors and staff know how to make us Recovering addicts and Alcoholics confront your addiction head on and start living in a good orderly direction. Neil Kennedy saved my life and gave me hope when I felt hopeless.
  • Src
    The women\'s counselor is very rude, lazy, and unhelpful. Most of the time she won\'t help you with anything and will actually tell you to ask another staff member instead of trying to be helpful.It\'s hard to recover without a good counselor that you can relate to.the facility itself is filthy.they had bed bugs and the bedrooms are disgusting.there\'s no type of exercise or relaxation.It\'s just group after group in uncomfortable chairs.Most of the groups are unorganized with nothing to be gained from being there.
    Unorganized and your belongings will come up missing.
  • Tammy
    Great food!! No exercise program,not enough one on one counseling. Small facility,holds 16 people 8 woman and 8 men. Some of the nursing staff is rude. Detox is not long enough.
  • Brenda
    Good recovery program, knowledgeable in the 12 step program. On site nurses available. Unlike it used to be, the food is not readily available as it used to be, so nutritionally it's not up to par. My experience from 17 years ago is definitely not as agreeable friendly as my niece and others experience in the past 10 years.
  • YL
    Strenghts: Groups encouraging advice good food great staff aa meetings. lack of communication with counselors dealing with outside treatment options. With my group experience i learned so much about myself and my addiction. It was tough to get through mentally but i must say that youngstown saved my life. I will always be forever so greatful to the staff there who helped me and taught me how to live clean and sober. I have 14 months clean today. Thank you for rehab. I could never have done this alone.
  • M.D.
    Alot of classes and meeting were nice. Not enough spiritual or other things to do no ecercise equipment or arts and crafts. When your not in a class or meeting your bored.
  • anonymous
    Need more government funded rehabilitation.
  • SR
    I was only able to stay for 3 days, just longer enough to detox and I relapsed within 6 mos. They did set me up with aftercare and AA meetings. I got sober on my own 3 yrs later and have almost 10 yrs of sobeirty
  • Joshua
    Just worked the program with my sponsor once I left.