New Creation Detox and Treatment Center in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Call (877) 368-7195 to Contact New Creation Detox and Treatment Center

9491 Pittsburgh Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730

New Creation Detox and Treatment Center Philosophy

Holding CARF and JCAHO accreditations, New Creation Recovery in Southern California introduces a calm and welcoming setting for female clients suffering from addiction and mental health issues to take their next step for a healthier and sober life. We work hard, using our extensive backgrounds in the field of addiction treatment for women, to help each of our clients and their families improve their lives. Our team is manned with highly skilled physicians, nurses, psychiatrists, nutritionists, and therapists to ensure your experience spent with us is effective and safe.

During treatment at New Creation, you will be able to work with our fully integrated clinical team to design a treatment plan just for you. We can help you detox safely and comfortable, enter residential treatment, manage your recovery after successfully completing treatment, and so much more.

In addition, New Creation offers intensive outpatient care for clients who’ve finished the full residential treatment. Sober living facilities are also available, encouraging clients to continue applying the lessons learned in intensive treatment to rebuild their strength and stay on the lifelong path to recovery.

New Creation is a bastion of hope, a place that is safe, secure and discrete allowing women to heal from pain and trauma and become free from the awful chains of addiction and/or alcoholism.

• Individualized Women’s Treatment
    New Creation provides clients with personalized quality care in a safe, nurturing environment designed exclusively for women. Residents are offered gender-specific services in a private setting for maximum comfort and security. We offer an exclusive dual diagnosis two-pronged approach for women who have a substance abuse addiction coupled with an emotional issue.

• Yoga and Fitness
    When you are first getting past your addiction, your body is struggling both inside and out. Addiction will take a toll on your body, whether you like it, or meant to, or not. Your body needs to try and recover while still ridding itself of the leftover toxins from your addiction, which is no easy task. Yoga gives your body the ability to continue to heal and recover while building up strength and endurance, which your body may sorely be lacking.

Homelike Environment

• We offer a peaceful and serene setting away from the hustle and bustle of the city so that our clients can enjoy natural beauty while receiving treatment.

Yoga and Fitness

• Yoga can be a very powerful healing tool when it comes to overcoming and recovering from an addiction. It provides you with spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental benefits.

Detox Safely and Comfortably

• Our years of experience with sub-acute drug addiction detoxification have provided us with extensive knowledge and experience of the many possible side effects that occur during this process.

Glenn Swanson, MBA, CDAC-II

Founder and CEO

Glenn’s personal journey includes a long hard-fought battle with addiction that cost him his job, his home, and his family. With no place left to go, he landed on the doorstep of a long-term treatment program that saved his life. Almost immediately, doors began to open giving Glenn an opportunity to help fellow addicts. His dedication to helping other people reclaim their lives is driven by a strong connection with God and his belief that no person or situation is hopeless. Glenn believes in the power of God’s Love and has worked as a channel to provide safe and effective treatment, since 1994, for addicts and alcoholics who want to stop the cycle of self-destruction – he and his staff love the clients until they can love themselves. His education in Alcohol and Drug Counseling, his theological studies and his Master’s degree in Business Administration compliment his experience, strength and hope as he continues to follow God’s divine plan.

Susan Jackson, MFT

Clinical Director

Susan Jackson has worked in the field of addiction for 25 years. She received her Bachelors of Science in Behavioral Science and her Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy at the University of La Verne. She began her career working for the City of Chino as a gang interventionist and domestic violence counselor. While at Chino, she began working with substance abusing adolescents and their families. This experience, working with the addictive family system, led to her working at San Antonio Community Hospital on the Chemical Dependency Unit as the family counsel. Susan worked 8 years on the Chemical Dependency unit for Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center and was promoted to Program Manager for the children and adolescent mental health and chemical dependency program for the last 5 years, a total of 13 years at Loma Linda. Recently Susan joined His House and New Creation as the Clinical Director. Working with the addicted family system is her passion. She is the proud mother of five wonderful children and five amazing grandchildren.

ABOUT HER HOUSE WOMEN'S ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER

Her House Women’s Treatment Center, formerly known as New Creations and headquartered in Ranch Cucamonga, Calif., offers a range of substance abuse services for women. In addition to on-site detoxification, the center provides residential treatment, outpatient treatment, programs for individuals with co-occurring disorders or chronic pain, and a faith-based recovery track. An affiliated rehab for men is located nearby, called His House.

According to the center’s website, the detoxification process at Her House utilizes medication to alleviate withdrawal symptoms, and clients engage in education workshops and counseling. Once stabilized, clients work with staff to create a personalized treatment plan. The duration of treatment varies, but the traditional residential program lasts four weeks.

Residential treatment at Her House consists of four phases and blends 12-step practices, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), associative awareness therapy (AAT), and other experiential therapies. In Her House’s intensive outpatient program (IOP), there are daily, three-hour sessions, which are educational and in a group format. Additional services at the facility include specialized dual diagnosis treatment, an evening family program, and continuing aftercare to ensure sobriety beyond treatment.

The facility states on its website that it is open to all faiths, but one of its specialty programs is a Christian Track, which combines 12-step philosophies with on-site pastoral care, bible study, and regular church attendance.

The center offers a 1:3 staff-to-client ratio. Staff include drug and alcohol counselors, case managers, social workers, a psychiatrist, and pastors.

According to the center’s website, residents live in one of four facilities, all of which are homelike and located in suburban neighborhoods. There are 104 beds available. Bedrooms are shared (though private rooms are available) and clients have access to fitness activities. For an additional fee physical trainers, massage therapists, acupuncture treatment, psychiatrists, physicians, and therapists are available.

The nearly two dozen alumni who were surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided mixed reviews. A rating of 4.26 out of five stars was awarded for treatment effectiveness by 19 reviewers. One alum, Darla, gave her overall experience a four-star rating, but added: “Not really designed for individual, mostly group at facility as a whole. More one on one time would have helped.”

Other alumni noted inconsistencies between the facility’s marketing materials and its actual offerings. One former client wrote to Rehabs.com that the pool and gym that were advertised did not exist, but ultimately rated their experience with five stars, saying: “Took great care of me and they really care.”

J.G. also noted a discrepancy between what she was promised and what was actually available. She wrote: “This facility was chosen for me specifically because their web page and the person at the call center talked about their pain management program and the massage therapists and physical therapists I'd have access to. This was completely false and when I arrived and started asking about that program the staff seemed truly shocked that I had been told that.”

More favorable reviews came from T.B. and Penny, who highly recommended the facility. Penny, for example, commented: “The staff and clients made me feel right at home. The program is very informative. The education I received about my disease was very good.”

The three loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing also provided mixed reviews. A loved one had a positive opinion of the rehab, especially regarding the aftercare provisions. “It helps people reajust ones they are done with treatment,” they said, adding: “Continues involvement is the key to success.”

Yet Lisa, a parent of a client, gave her experience the lowest possible score and referenced billing issues, rude staff, and lack of adequate treatment. She wrote: “The 3 weeks my daughter was there with her own meds she saw a therapist once and went to the psychiatrist once who actually called to tell me to get her out of there ASAP. One time did they ever even leave the facility and it was to Walmart. They could not even go on walks.” The facility responded on Rehabs.com, noting that the stated issues were uncharacteristic of the staff and facility.

Another family member, Amy, wrote of her daughter's treatment: “Her treatment was not individualized. Her trauma and codependency issues were not addressed properly.”

The price for 90 days of treatment at New Creation starts at $32,500. One month costs $14,500. To help cover costs, the center offers financial assistance and accepts insurance.

Published on November 2017

My daughter was saved through this treatment center. Sober living after treatment seemed a little vague for someone in need of this service. This was my primary concern when looking for help for her.

"There was a lot of favoritism at the center. Starting with the director, and through the administration and staff. This is peoples lives, you should remember that. Also just because a hire up thinks or feels a certain way about a client , does not make it so!!! I have never been so mistreated in any treatment I had or have been in. Yes I am clean today but went back into treatment and dealt with issues( some coming from your treatment center)."

Meals could have been better. Cook did an amazing job with what she was given. The program was solid, and I am grateful for the staff and how dedicated they are to everybody's recoveries and programs.

The housing was perfect for someone dealing with an addiction. Food was the best and the cook was even better as a person! Staff was fabulous and I couldn’t have made it this far in my life without all of them.

I have been sober for almost 3 1/2 years

Thank you for your help in saving my life! It wasn't easy all the time but it was worth it!

Amazing life saving program, truly the work of God thank you his house/new creation for helping me become a new creation and helping me embrace recovery with open arms, heart and soul !! I can't put it in words how much everyone I met here touched my life in a special unique way thank God and thank you Glenn and family for creating such an amazing place.

My Mom was a patient at the facility. She hated it at first and tried to weasel her way out. Once she started to heal, miracles happened. I had the privilege to go to family group therapy and our relationship was very rocky at first, but through the use of their family therapy night, our relationship healed and has never been better. This facility not only saved my Mom's life, and numerous others, but they welcomed me and I always felt like part of the family. They even coined me out on our last session. THANK YOU!!!!

I went to new creations shortly after my inquiry on 5/22/14 and I've been sober since 5/28/14. That facility saved my life and gave me my life back!! Tell the staff thank you for all that they did for me!!

I am doing great! New Creations was the best treatment center I could have gone to. All of the counselors were amazing! Thank you!!

New Creations saved my life. I arrived spiritually broken and emotionally destroyed on the verge of losing everything. The structured program, knowledgeable and empathic staff gave me hope that I could change my life if I willing to put in the work. I took their suggestions and as a result have been clean/sober for 14 months. My stay involved classes such as life skills, relaspe prevention, mindfulness, art therapy, anger management, yoga and physical activities. I met with a personal therapist privately twice weekly, attended 12 step meetings at least 5 times weekly as well as outings to the store to purchase personal items. We,as residents, were together most of the day and we formed bonds and trusting relationships. At times staff seemed unorganized due to lack of communication when getting all the residents together for an activity and was frustrating at times. The staff proved to be educated,kind and empathic. My counselor was available to me when she was in house and gave me the time I needed. I was able to set personal goals, given resident goals and assignments to help me progress in my recovery and spiritual growth. Yes .... there are rules, chores and expections but all they all serviced a purpose. New Creations gave me hope, insight and a strong foundation for recovery so that I could change and live clean/sober and happy today.

My daughter died less than 2 years after attending their 90 day program. She had issues with codependency and I thought she was attending an all women's program from detox to sober living thru IOP. I lived 8 hours away and was told she had to be picked up immediately. Her treatment was not individualized. Her trauma and codependency issues were not addressed properly.

if i had relapsed of course but i continue to do what they instilled and suggested for one day at a time

Today marks the 1 year of being Sober I believe if it were not for new Creation and the caring love and support they gave me on my 90 days there I believe I would not of made it at my darkest times they lifted me, I truly believe that the work they did with me was amazing the best part was learning the basic text and the big book of AA I had one staff member walk us through every ounce of her being and the creative art therapy was so awesome I never thought I was creative until this staff told me to be positive and let your soul take effect and your love for being on this journey my hat is off to you I love you

Before seeking treatment at New Creation, I was filled with fear, anxiety, depression, chronic health problems, and an indescribable feeling of despair and desperation. I was agoraphobic, and I knew that the world just didn't want me to be a part of it. Many times I thought that I had hit my rock bottom, and then I'd dig deeper. The guilt, shame, and isolation was just as crippling as my addiction. When I entered treatment, I decided I'd give myself a chance to live. Somewhere in my black, diseased heart, a little bit of hope gave me just enough motivation to try. I did all that was suggested of me by my amazing councilors and my graciously insightful therapist. I started to gain more hope with each day, one day at a time. Spirituality and a calling to do what is right for my recovery (honesty, open mindedness, and willingness) became my way on the long path to sobriety. I worked hard with my sponsor, I immersed myself in the 12 steps, and I began seeking God as I understood him. Today, I am a little over 6 months clean and sober, and I can say with all of the honesty and conviction that I have, that I have never felt so free in my life. I am just simply happy. I have joy, gratitude, and an overwhelming pull to help others who are where I was 6 months ago. I was given an incredible opportunity to change my life, and with the help of a loving, encouraging staff, I have. I am now currently enrolled in a drug and alcohol certification program through New Creation so I can pursue a career in the field of helping others like me. I am forever grateful for the new life I have. I am excited for the future, for once in my life, and I realize a life in recovery is a good life.

Hi Ranay! That is so awesome that you got enrolled in our counselor certification college program! You are an amazing miracle! Looking forward to seeing more of you. Don't hesitate to let us know if we can ever help in any way with your recovery. God bless you.

Took great care of me and they really care.

Hi Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please let us know if we can be of any help in your recovery!

New Creation is definitely doing things right. At times I feel they allowed things that should've been deligated more properly and safer, like allowing women to live in sober living when they were'nt ready, just to open bed space in the residential program. Weaknesses were proper step down of levels of care ie residential to sober living. Some of the women were allowed to step down before they were really ready. Strengths included the women's program, 12 step, aftercare with sober living and overall support.

Hi TSB, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please let us know if we can be of any help in your recovery!

New Creation saved my life! The staff is fabulous and knowledgeable. I felt very cared for, safe and loved. Treatment focused on 12 step recovery with stability and structure provided within the homes. The home was beautiful, clean and comfortable! I am so appreciative of my experience with New Creation and would recommend to any woman seeking treatment for drugs/alcohol addiction. I will absolutely be returning to visit!

Hi Angel, Yay! Awesome! So happy to hear from you and glad that your recovery journey is going so well. Please be sure to stay connected through our Alumni program!

Meals and location was beautiful but treatment for depression was basically nonexistent, staff talked down and belittled clients. What they advertised, promised, told family about facility were lies

Hi Mari, I wanted to thank you directly for your feedback. We work hard to create a safe environment for all our clients during this critical time in their recovery. We aren’t always perfect, but we certainly always like to put our client’s safety and recovery first in all matters. Some situations are difficult to address, as you can imagine. I wish you a solid and lifelong recovery. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in your recovery journey.

I will be forever grateful for New Creations and the staff. Amazing things happened here with me and I thank the staff and counselors for their loving support.

Hi Annie, We’re so happy to hear from you! Please let us know if we can ever be of any help in your recovery journey!!!

This program is great. There is a great sense of nurture at New Creation. Everybody is held to treating eachother with respect and dignity. The counselors really challenge you to step out of your comfort zone. They also try to help you get back on your feet. I found myself getting cabin fever because it gets boring sometimes and you can't go anywhere.

Hi Nicole, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We really appreciate your insight so we can always be improving. Wishing you lifelong recovery!

It is a free service that people can take advange when dealing with substance abuse and it helps people reajust ones they are done with treatment. It can be more organized and have more counseling. It is always important to fallow up ones the person has finish treatment. Continues involvement is the key to success

The staff and treatment was outstanding. If I had to say room for improvement would be no comfortable furniture in the house, no place to relax that wasn't a hard surface. Also I felt there was a lot of down time used for hanging out. However, I was able to focus on myself and work my program, had quite time with God

Hi BS, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please let us know if we can be of any help in your recovery!

I completed 45 days at New Creation and have been back home for about 3 weeks now... All I can say is this was by far the most I have ever taken away from any treatment program ( I've been to 2 others). The staff are some of the best people I have surrounded myself with and learned from. If the team at New Creation reads this I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart and I am very thankful for your patience with me. I love all of you and miss you very much!

Hi TC, Yay! Awesome! So happy to hear from you and glad that your recovery journey is going so well. Please be sure to stay connected through our Alumni program!

This facility was chosen for me specifically because their web page and the person at the call center talked about their pain management program and the massage therapists and physical therapists I'd have access to. This was completely false and when I arrived and started asking about that program the staff seemed truly shocked that I had been told that. In chatting with the other clients I found that many others were promised things that don't exist or didn't happen as well (such as being able to keep your phone, having a gym on site, it not beingfaith based, etc). So just a word of warning that they will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you in the door and when you bring those things up to the director and high ranking staff they get VERY defensive and upset to the point that I got in trouble for mentioning it at all. That said, I did get and stay clean. Was it worth the huge bill? Probably not, I think I could've had the same experience for free with my insurance or cheaper. But I didhave 9 months of sobriety after I left there and learned skills I still use today in my second extended period of sobriety (currently almost 14 months). I don't see anything untrue in any of these other reviews (both positive and negative ones). Any program will have benefits and bad stuff, that's just life. I wouldn't pay cash to go here again and we did have some billing issues with this company but if your insurance covers it it's as good as any other place. Also though realize that once you're there they'll do whatever they can to keep you there for as long as they're getting paid.

Hi JG, Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We are so glad we could be of service and are continually striving to improve all aspects of our client’s treatment experience. Please be sure to get plugged in to our Alumni program and stay connected! All the best in your recovery.

New Creation is a wonderful, down to earth program. Sometimes I think they would be more effective if they had less clients because of the generally small size of the program. The counselors and staff were very encouraging and awesome. I felt like because all of the staff was in recovery made a huge difference. It was more like a family than staff telling you what to do. There was a few instances where they kicked people out of treatment for bad reasons, like fraternizing with the male program. I think they could have made a better decision than kicking them out knowing they were from out of state. This wasnt safe for them.

Hi Whitney, I wanted to thank you directly for your feedback. We work hard to create a safe environment for all our clients during this critical time in their recovery. We aren’t always perfect, but we certainly always like to put our client’s safety and recovery first in all matters. Some situations are difficult to address, as you can imagine. I wish you a solid and lifelong recovery. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in your recovery journey.

Hi Darla, Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We are so glad we could be of service and are continually striving to improve all aspects of our client’s treatment experience. Please be sure to get plugged in to our Alumni program and stay connected! All the best in your recovery.

Strengths: 1.) The staff is amazing. They treat everyone the same. 2.) The program is up to date and not geared toward one certain substance. 3.) The facility goes above and beyond to help out people with the disease of alcoholism or addiction. Weaknesses: 1.) The location of the IOP housing for women is not near a bus line however I think this is being addressed. I felt very welcomed the moment I arrived at this facility. The staff and clients made me feel right at home. The program is very informative. The education I received about my disease was very good. I truly feel that every staff member wants to be there. Its more to them besides a paycheck. They all seem like they really are there to help. All the rules are followed by every staff member there and that's consistent and appreciated. This is truly a great facility. I am blessed to have gotten the chance to do treatment here and appreciate this place so much.

Hi Penny, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Yes, we have addressed the bus issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon. Until then, we have allocated additional transportation from the facility to necessary places. I am so happy to hear that you got a great entry to recovery. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in your recovery journey.

The staff was very caring and seemed to always try to go the extra mile to help clients. I think there was just a lack of staff and lack of communication and often times things were poorly planned/executed and staff didn't seem to know what corporate or other shifts were/had done.

Hi LC, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please let us know if we can be of any help in your recovery!

This facility and owners are ... only after your money... I was there for 3 weeks and saw the doctor once, I didn't even see the doctor when I first checked into the program. ... The so-called counselors do not have proper training other than be ex addicts themselves. Some had only been sober for 6 months! The facilities are not up to date. You only leave the house to go to meetings and maybe Walmart once. You do not get one on one time to rehabilitate. You're always with a group of people and they make you talk personal information and things even if you are to uncomfortable to do so. I needed urgent medical care and there was NO doctor or nurse on site or around to take care of me. I was in a State and city where I knew no one. They expected me to ask a stranger to borrow there phone. I was left at the hospital for over 24 hours by myself with no way back until they had some free time to come get me. Do not send your daughters or any woman to this rehab. It is not safe.... All they care about is getting your money and trying to make you and your family believe you are not ready to return home and try to get you to stay longer at the rehab so they can make more money off you. I can go on and on about how horrible this place is. I just want to warn people and their families that this is NOT the place to send your loved ones to get rehabilitated or get sober.

Dear B Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have taken the time to review the issues you mentioned with our clinical and administrative teams. We want to assure you that we will continue to strive for excellence in all areas of care, as we pride ourselves on providing a quality recovery atmosphere. Upon further review, I was able to find where you were in need of urgent medical care. One of our staff members transported you directly to the hospital and made sure that you were properly transferred over to their care. This is a standard of medical practice, to transfer supervision of a patient from one provider to another. Once they completed their care, they contacted us and they transferred you back in to our care and you were brought back to our facility. It appears that the hospital was not very timely in communicating a proper transition. As a result you experienced a delay. I certainly apologize for that hospital’s behavior. I realize this was very frustrating, however that is unfortunately how it works. With regards to the credentials of our staff, I want to assure you that each and every member is licensed by the State of California. Additionally, all those who are in recovery have a minimum of 2 years clean and sober. We have held that standard for the past 21 years of being in business. You mentioned that you were unable to go outside the facility often. Our number one focus is to ensure safety of our clients. Therefore we have always maintained a strict schedule based around a therapeutic day. Other matters such as shopping, recreational, exercise, etc is done under the supervision of staff outside of that therapeutic day. I apologize that you feel you were unable to leave at certain times throughout your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure your safety as well as the safety of the entire community. I want to assure you that I will continue to follow up and closely monitor improvements amongst our clinical team. If you wish to discuss the matter further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

My daughter has been in a few places now and I've never in my 4 years of doing this with her have seen such [bad] people in my life. I would honestly compare it to a cult as did many other parents I reached out to. The 3 weeks my daughter was there with her own meds she saw a therapist once and went to the psychiatrist once who actually called to tell me to get her out of there ASAP. ... One time did they ever even leave the facility and it was to Walmart. They could not even go on walks. No recreation or exercise at all either, they would only occasionally would leave the facility for an outside meeting but that was it. ... They gave her nothing back... I wouldn't send my daughter to Cali again bc of this experience. ... The staff was rude, they never even did an intake for the first 3 weeks. I don't believe her therapist had any qualifications ... I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. There was no gym or any other amenities they claimed and they show a beautiful house on the website but she was in a filth pit. It's pathetic and they only want your money.... I also am involved in numerous groups trying to help people with addiction and mental disorders

Dear Lisa Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m deeply sorry to hear that your daughter had such a poor experience. This is highly uncharacteristic of our staff and facilities, as we pride ourselves on our commitment to the recovery of each individual for the past 21 years. I have taken the time to review the issues you mentioned with our clinical and administrative teams. We want to assure you that we will continue to strive for excellence in all areas of care. 1. All of our therapists and clinicians are licensed by the State of California 2. We have a local gym that we are contracted with where all of the women are encouraged to go, during specified times during the therapeutic day 3. All clients are closely monitored 24 hours a day. Their safety is our #1 concern. Therefore we do not allow our clients to freely roam or take walks at any given time. Ample recreation time is permitted around the therapeutic day. We understand that addiction is difficult, especially for the family. As you mentioned, working with this issue for the past 4 years can certainly take a toll on someone. I am sure that we can both agree that we had hoped that this time a difference would have been made in your daughter’s life. I will continue to follow up and closely monitor improvements amongst our clinical team. If you wish to discuss the matter further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

I loved my stay at new creation. I found it to be a loving safe and nurturing environment.the staff was amazing each one unique and caring. It was obvious they were passionate about what they were doing and there focus and care for me was life changing!! The program taught me so much and prepared me to step out into my recovery with confidence!! Thanks so much I will forever be grateful to new creations!!

Hi Amy, We’re so happy to hear from you! Please let us know if we can ever be of any help in your recovery journey!!!

Covenant Hills Treatment Center
  • Both Christian and Traditional 12 Step options
  • Separate campuses for men and women
  • Great Family Program