New Hope Manor in Barryville, NY

35 Hillside Road
Barryville NY 12719

New Hope Manor Philosophy

New Hope Manor is committed to offering high quality, research-based substance abuse treatment services that are sensitive to the individual needs of each woman. We respect the dignity and uniqueness of every woman who seeks our help, and strive to enhance the personal growth and development of those we serve. We offer a program designed to promote greater self-awareness, self-respect, and self-worth, as well as the ability to care for oneself and to enter into positive relationships with others.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

G.E.D. Classes

Business Courses

Mother's Issues Group

ABOUT NEW HOPE MANOR IN BARRYVILLE, NY

New Hope Manor, located in Barryville, N.Y., offers residential treatment to women 13 years of age and older who are struggling with substance abuse. The facility accepts any woman in need of services, including pregnant women and mothers of young children who would like to have their children stay at the facility with them. The organization also runs a second facility in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. that offers reintegration services for women.

The facility’s treatment program uses cognitive, motivational, research based treatment methods. To be admitted, clients should call the facility directly. The admissions process includes a phone screening, psychosocial evaluation, and medical evaluation. All of New Hope Manor’s programs are variable length stay, and treatment at the Barryville residence focuses on stabilization and rehabilitation. Clients with mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms are also able to receive treatment.

Throughout treatment, clients receive individual, group, and family therapy, medical case management, vocational counseling, spiritual development, and when necessary, assistance applying for public assistance and help obtaining legal representation. New Hope Manor provides unique services to pregnant women and mothers including pre and post-natal care, childbirth classes, pediatric care, mothers groups, and childcare services including developmental assessments.

There is currently no information provided by New Hope Manor regarding its treatment staff. However, two loved ones of clients polled by Rehabs.com gave the facility three and four-stars out of five when asked if facility staff is experienced and well trained.

There is currently limited information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings. However, photos on the New Hope Manor website show dorm-like shared bedrooms, a dining hall, in-ground pool, a daycare center, and a children’s playground. Hygiene products are provided by the facility.

At the time of this writing there has been one alum polled by Rehabs.com. The reviewer gave New Hope Manor good reviews in every category. The anonymous client gave the facility five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness, four stars for accommodations and amenities, and five stars for meals and nutrition. She strongly agreed that there are many counseling options to choose from. She felt that strengths of the facility were the counselors and the faith programming, and said she felt that the facility could improve upon the training of the nurses on staff. She also added, “This place really helped saved my life...I would recommend this program for young women when there in their early stages of addiction/alcoholism.”

At the time of this writing there have been two friend or family members of clients polled by Rehabs.com. Both reviewers rated New Hope Manor highly and said they would recommend it to others. The anonymous loved ones gave the facility five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness, five stars for accommodations and amenities, and four and five stars for meals and nutrition. One reviewer agreed that there are many counseling options to choose from and that facility staff are experienced and well-trained. Both reviewers agreed that the facility is adequately equipped and staffed to treat co-occurring mental health problems.

When asked about strengths of the facility, the loved ones said they felt the facility was well-managed, had good family programming, and expressed care for clients. When asked about weaknesses of New Hope Manor, one reviewer said “not enough trained staff” and the other said “weaker counselor staff.” One loved one described the facility as “a long term complete care facility that gives those seeking treatment an opportunity to find their inner strength to resist the pull of addiction as well as a plan for employment and educational opportunities.”

At the time of this writing, there was one former staff member, J.S., who was polled by Rehabs.com. This reviewer gave the facility excellent marks across several different metrics and said she would recommend the facility to a friend or loved one considering rehab. This employee was a staff member of the medical team.

On a scale of one to five stars, J.S. gave the facility five out of five stars when asked if leadership of the facility is willing to put clients' interests first. She gave a five-star rating when asked to rate the experience and treatment credentials of the management team. She also gave a five-star rating when asked if facility leadership is able to inspire loyalty and a sense of community among patients.

When asked about the strengths of New Hope Manor, J.S. wrote “Excellent administration and excellent standard of care.” She also added additional commentary, saying, “During my employment at this facility, I was treated with kindness and respect. I was encouraged to support the clients and get to know them.”

The New Hope Manor website states that housing at the facility is paid for through Temporary Assistance, Social Security Income, Social Security Disability, or a sliding scale payment plan. Clients without health insurance must apply for Medicaid before entering the facility to ensure their medical expenses will be covered. Clients are encouraged to contact the facility directly for additional information regarding financing.

Published on October 2017

I worked as a CASAC. The treatment there has changed drastically.

The facility could use some serious upgrades from the facility amenities to the staffing. The food at the location is not very nutritious and the way that the kitchen staff talks to the girls is rather demining, the staff talks very negatively of the women and tend to make sure that the clients know they are beneath the workers. While the treatment is sometimes effective I think it is lacking. There is too much self-reflection (quiet time) for the women, in the real world there is not that much quiet time or self-reflection time, I think there need to be more activities that prepare them for when they leave the facility to try and prepare them even better.

New Hope Manor is a VERY VERY LONG TERM REHAB. The program is set up around their approval of completing the 12 steps of N/A to move on to the 'next phase of their program', an unmanagability as a parent, if applicable, and any other essay of their choosing to be written and then approved at THEIR time and convenience. When I was there there were girls that had been there for four years, UP TO SIX YEARS b4 graduating the program. You are assigned a counselor that decides if your work of the steps, etc is satisfactory. I was confused but eager to start my recovery and I immediately did the work only to see it sit in the counselor's mail basket for a month and then one day it wasnt there, and it was returned unsatisfactory the very next day. I have worked the 12 step program with two separate sponsors and I have the OFFICIAL N/A Step working guide, and I was told by my sponsor of 13 years clean time that my First Step with the patterns of my addictive behavior and my understanding of my unmanagibility and my surrender was the most sincere she had ever read. I believe that counselor didn't even read my First Step. I had to wait an additional two weeks to speak to my couselor. This is a PROLONGED program with minimal individual time with your counselor, yet it is only your counselor that determines if you can move on in the program.

New Hope Manor saved my life. Very intense therapy & long-term is what I & most addicts need to truly change their unhealthy views towards themselves & life overall. Staff were caring & professional. They I owe my life to the program.

I called as a mother concerned. The young lady was extremely rude. First she told my daughter wasn't there. Then she asked me I was told she could not deny or confirm if she was there so I knew she was there. I said I wanted to send a Christmas present to my daughter she said I suggest you send it somewhere else. I was also going to donate things. She talked to me like I was dirt. There are ways of saying things and ways of not to say things. What a disgrace.

This program saved my life when they were in garrisonville, i think, ny. Never touched a drug after I left. They saved my life hope they can do the same for you.

Great program; great counselors, a lot of faith and programs. They teach how to live a sober life. Weaknesses possibly nurse level. This place really helped saved my life. It was a sacrifice I had to make in order to stay sober. God definitely had brought me here. I would recommend this program for young women when there in their early stages of addiction/alcoholism. I believe they will have a better chance.

When I was in treatment 16 years ago it was the best decision I have ever made. New Hope Manor changed my whole life. They treated me with respect. They treated me as if I mattered. I came to them angry, hurt, lost, bitter and pregnant... Words cannot say enough. I love this program.

careful organization on a daily basis, encouraged family participation, caring attitude but firm rules but not enough trained staff. a long term complete care facility that gives those seeking treatment an opportunity to find their inner strength to resist the pull of addiction as well as a plan for employment and educational opportunities

During my employment at this facility, I was treated with kindness and respect. I was encouraged to support the clients and get to know them. i also had a good rapport with staff! I feel this is a fine facility!

caring well managed and organized, weaker counselor staff. provides a long term solution complete with hard work as well as discipline to re motivate those with issues