New Hope Manor

35 Hillside Road, Barryville, New York, 12719

4.2

About New Hope Manor

New Hope Manor is committed to offering high quality, research-based substance abuse treatment services that are sensitive to the individual needs of each woman. We respect the dignity and uniqueness of every woman who seeks our help, and strive to enhance the personal growth and development of those we serve. We offer a program designed to promote greater self-awareness, self-respect, and self-worth, as well as the ability to care for oneself and to enter into positive relationships with others.

Individual Therapy

This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Parenting Classes
  • Monther-Infant Bonding Group
  • Pre-natal and Post-natal Care

4.2/5
    4.2/5
    4.6/5
    3.8/5

• MM
    I was there in 1995 at the age of 30+. New Hope Manor literally helped in saving my life. The Sisters were caring & didn't have a problem addressing us when we were wrong. My counselor put her all into her job. The Sisters dedicated their lives to help those who had fallen. Long live New Hope Manor. Kudoes to New Hope
  • kk
    The facility could use some serious upgrades from the facility amenities to the staffing. The food at the location is not very nutritious and the way that the kitchen staff talks to the girls is rather demining, the staff talks very negatively of the women and tend to make sure that the clients know they are beneath the workers. While the treatment is sometimes effective I think it is lacking. There is too much self-reflection (quiet time) for the women, in the real world there is not that much quiet time or self-reflection time, I think there need to be more activities that prepare them for when they leave the facility to try and prepare them even better.
  • Ev
    New Hope Manor is a VERY VERY LONG TERM REHAB. The program is set up around their approval of completing the 12 steps of N/A to move on to the 'next phase of their program', an unmanagability as a parent, if applicable, and any other essay of their choosing to be written and then approved at THEIR time and convenience. When I was there there were girls that had been there for four years, UP TO SIX YEARS b4 graduating the program. You are assigned a counselor that decides if your work of the steps, etc is satisfactory. I was confused but eager to start my recovery and I immediately did the work only to see it sit in the counselor's mail basket for a month and then one day it wasnt there, and it was returned unsatisfactory the very next day. I have worked the 12 step program with two separate sponsors and I have the OFFICIAL N/A Step working guide, and I was told by my sponsor of 13 years clean time that my First Step with the patterns of my addictive behavior and my understanding of my unmanagibility and my surrender was the most sincere she had ever read. I believe that counselor didn't even read my First Step. I had to wait an additional two weeks to speak to my couselor. This is a PROLONGED program with minimal individual time with your counselor, yet it is only your counselor that determines if you can move on in the program.
  • Denise
    New Hope Manor saved my life. Very intense therapy & long-term is what I & most addicts need to truly change their unhealthy views towards themselves & life overall. Staff were caring & professional. They I owe my life to the program.
  • IP
    I called as a mother concerned. The young lady was extremely rude. First she told my daughter wasn\'t there. Then she asked me I was told she could not deny or confirm if she was there so I knew she was there. I said I wanted to send a Christmas present to my daughter she said I suggest you send it somewhere else. I was also going to donate things. She talked to me like I was dirt. There are ways of saying things and ways of not to say things. What a disgrace.
  • Loisann
    This program saved my life when they were in garrisonville, i think, ny. Never touched a drug after I left. They saved my life hope they can do the same for you.
  • Christina
    Great program; great counselors, a lot of faith and programs. They teach how to live a sober life. Weaknesses possibly nurse level. This place really helped saved my life. It was a sacrifice I had to make in order to stay sober. God definitely had brought me here. I would recommend this program for young women when there in their early stages of addiction/alcoholism. I believe they will have a better chance.
  • dawonda
    When I was in treatment 16 years ago it was the best decision I have ever made. New Hope Manor changed my whole life. They treated me with respect. They treated me as if I mattered. I came to them angry, hurt, lost, bitter and pregnant... Words cannot say enough. I love this program.
  • Jane
    During my employment at this facility, I was treated with kindness and respect. I was encouraged to support the clients and get to know them. i also had a good rapport with staff! I feel this is a fine facility!
    careful organization on a daily basis, encouraged family participation, caring attitude but firm rules but not enough trained staff. a long term complete care facility that gives those seeking treatment an opportunity to find their inner strength to resist the pull of addiction as well as a plan for employment and educational opportunities
    caring well managed and organized, weaker counselor staff. provides a long term solution complete with hard work as well as discipline to re motivate those with issues