New Hope Manor in Barryville, NY

35 Hillside Road
Barryville NY 12719

New Hope Manor Philosophy

New Hope Manor is committed to offering high quality, research-based substance abuse treatment services that are sensitive to the individual needs of each woman. We respect the dignity and uniqueness of every woman who seeks our help, and strive to enhance the personal growth and development of those we serve. We offer a program designed to promote greater self-awareness, self-respect, and self-worth, as well as the ability to care for oneself and to enter into positive relationships with others.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

Parenting Classes

Monther-Infant Bonding Group

Pre-natal and Post-natal Care

ABOUT NEW HOPE MANOR

New Hope Manor, located in Barryville, N.Y., offers residential treatment to females 13 years of age and older who are struggling with substance abuse. The facility accepts any woman in need of services, including pregnant women and mothers of young children. The facility is one of only 18 facilities in the state that offers residential beds for clients' children. The organization also runs a second facility in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. that offers reintegration services for women.

The facility’s residential treatment program uses cognitive, motivational, research-based treatment methods. To be admitted, clients should call the facility directly. The admissions process includes a phone screening, psychosocial evaluation, and medical evaluation.

All of New Hope Manor’s programs are variable in their length of stay, and treatment at the Barryville residence focuses on stabilization and rehabilitation. Clients with mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms may receive treatment. New Hope Manor is among the 25.4 percent of facilities in New York that offer non-hospital, residential treatment.

Throughout treatment, clients receive individual, group, and family therapy, medical case management, vocational counseling, spiritual development counseling, and when necessary, assistance applying for public assistance and obtaining legal representation. Clients are also immersed into the 12-step model of recovery.

New Hope Manor also provides specialized services to pregnant women and mothers, including pre- and post-natal care, childbirth classes, pediatric care, mother support groups, and a range of childcare services, including developmental assessments and pediatric care. New Hope Manor is one of 44 facilities in the state to offer childcare for client's children.

There is currently no information provided by New Hope Manor regarding its treatment staff. However, to date, the two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com on the matter rated the staff's level of experience and training with three and four out of five stars.

The facility is located in rural setting overlooking the Delaware River. According to New Hope's website the facility includes dorm-like, shared bedrooms, a dining hall, tennis court, in-ground pool, a daycare center, a medical suite, and a children’s playground. Hygiene products are provided by the facility. New Hope can accommodate up to 53 women and 12 children at any one time.

At the time of this writing, the seven alumni polled by Rehabs.com offered mostly positive reviews. C.G. gave the facility five stars for counseling options, as well as four stars for the amount of holistic offering and family participation. “This place really helped saved my life...I would recommend this program for young women when there in their early stages of addiction/alcoholism.” Other alumni echoed this review, praising the facility's staff and the effectiveness of programming.

On Google, eight reviewers gave an average rating of 3.9 out of five stars. In one of the negative reviews, E.E. claimed that the facility did not live up to what was publicly promised. However, two five-star reviewers felt the the facility saved their lives.[1]

At the time of this writing, there has been three friend or family members of clients polled by Rehabs.com. Both reviewers rated New Hope Manor highly and said they would be highly likely (five stars) to recommend the facility to others. They also gave four or five-star ratings for the amount of family participation and its ability to treat co-occurring disorders.

One loved one described the facility as “a long term complete care facility that gives those seeking treatment an opportunity to find their inner strength to resist the pull of addiction as well as a plan for employment and educational opportunities.” However, one loved one was critical of the attitude of a front desk staff member.

At the time of this writing, there has been one former staff member polled by Rehabs.com. J.S. gave the facility five out of five stars when asked if leadership of the facility was willing to put clients' interests first and for the experience and credentials of the management team. She also gave a five-star rating for the facility's leadership and their ability to inspire loyalty and a sense of community among patients. “Excellent administration and excellent standard of care,” J.S. wrote.

The New Hope Manor website states that housing at the facility is paid for through temporary assistance, social security Income, social security disability, or a sliding scale payment plan. Clients without health insurance must apply for Medicaid before entering the facility to ensure their medical expenses will be covered. Clients are encouraged to contact the facility directly for additional information regarding financing.

Published on February 2019

The facility could use some serious upgrades from the facility amenities to the staffing. The food at the location is not very nutritious and the way that the kitchen staff talks to the girls is rather demining, the staff talks very negatively of the women and tend to make sure that the clients know they are beneath the workers. While the treatment is sometimes effective I think it is lacking. There is too much self-reflection (quiet time) for the women, in the real world there is not that much quiet time or self-reflection time, I think there need to be more activities that prepare them for when they leave the facility to try and prepare them even better.

New Hope Manor is a VERY VERY LONG TERM REHAB. The program is set up around their approval of completing the 12 steps of N/A to move on to the 'next phase of their program', an unmanagability as a parent, if applicable, and any other essay of their choosing to be written and then approved at THEIR time and convenience. When I was there there were girls that had been there for four years, UP TO SIX YEARS b4 graduating the program. You are assigned a counselor that decides if your work of the steps, etc is satisfactory. I was confused but eager to start my recovery and I immediately did the work only to see it sit in the counselor's mail basket for a month and then one day it wasnt there, and it was returned unsatisfactory the very next day. I have worked the 12 step program with two separate sponsors and I have the OFFICIAL N/A Step working guide, and I was told by my sponsor of 13 years clean time that my First Step with the patterns of my addictive behavior and my understanding of my unmanagibility and my surrender was the most sincere she had ever read. I believe that counselor didn't even read my First Step. I had to wait an additional two weeks to speak to my couselor. This is a PROLONGED program with minimal individual time with your counselor, yet it is only your counselor that determines if you can move on in the program.

New Hope Manor saved my life. Very intense therapy & long-term is what I & most addicts need to truly change their unhealthy views towards themselves & life overall. Staff were caring & professional. They I owe my life to the program.

I called as a mother concerned. The young lady was extremely rude. First she told my daughter wasn't there. Then she asked me I was told she could not deny or confirm if she was there so I knew she was there. I said I wanted to send a Christmas present to my daughter she said I suggest you send it somewhere else. I was also going to donate things. She talked to me like I was dirt. There are ways of saying things and ways of not to say things. What a disgrace.

This program saved my life when they were in garrisonville, i think, ny. Never touched a drug after I left. They saved my life hope they can do the same for you.

Great program; great counselors, a lot of faith and programs. They teach how to live a sober life. Weaknesses possibly nurse level. This place really helped saved my life. It was a sacrifice I had to make in order to stay sober. God definitely had brought me here. I would recommend this program for young women when there in their early stages of addiction/alcoholism. I believe they will have a better chance.

When I was in treatment 16 years ago it was the best decision I have ever made. New Hope Manor changed my whole life. They treated me with respect. They treated me as if I mattered. I came to them angry, hurt, lost, bitter and pregnant... Words cannot say enough. I love this program.

careful organization on a daily basis, encouraged family participation, caring attitude but firm rules but not enough trained staff. a long term complete care facility that gives those seeking treatment an opportunity to find their inner strength to resist the pull of addiction as well as a plan for employment and educational opportunities

During my employment at this facility, I was treated with kindness and respect. I was encouraged to support the clients and get to know them. i also had a good rapport with staff! I feel this is a fine facility!

caring well managed and organized, weaker counselor staff. provides a long term solution complete with hard work as well as discipline to re motivate those with issues