New Life Treatment Center in Woodstock, MN

130 Dakota St S
Woodstock MN 56186

New Life Treatment Center Philosophy

At New Life Treatment Center we strive to provide the highest quality of treatment available to clients suffering from chemical dependency. We offer two distinct, yet overlapping programs. Clients are able to choose the program they want and are not pressured one way or the other.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Family Therapy

Individual Sessions

Relaxation

ABOUT NEW LIFE TREATMENT CENTER

Located in rural Woodstock in southwestern Minnesota, New Life Treatment Center offers gender-specific residential care, outpatient programs, as well as aftercare services for adults struggling with chemical dependency. Specialized programming is also available for DUI offenders and clients seeking treatment for meth addiction, compulsive gambling, and co-occurring disorders. The facility also offers a Christian-based program track, and detoxification services are available on-site.

New Life’s treatment model is tailored to meet each client’s needs, though residents typically stay for 30 to 45 days in the residential program. New Life’s program, described by the organization as “gentle” and “nurturing,” includes individual counseling at least twice a week, group and family therapy, and educational lectures and films.

Family participation is advised during treatment to help clients address familial concerns and educate loved ones on the process of recovery Family visitation is allowed each week, but visitors must be at least 12 years of age. Residents are allowed phone calls after five days of enrollment.

Programming is based on the 12-Step model of recovery, which is incorporated in nearly 48% of U.S. treatment facilities. The facility offers a secular version of 12-Step, as well as a Christianity-based version of 12-Step. Clients may choose the track best suited to their needs and preferences.

Clients that complete a primary treatment programs have the option of joining the aftercare program. This gives them access to counseling and group-based services to support their sober living transition. However, aftercare services are provided for an additional fee. In some cases, clients may choose to utilize the facility's eight-week outpatient program as an aftercare service.

The staff is comprised of professional counselors. New Life also employs an on-site chaplain as well as trained 12-step coordinators.

The center’s gender-specific facilities are modestly decorated and homelike. Photos revealed a reading room, a gymnasium with a basketball court, and a recreation room complete with exercise equipment, billiards, and lounge chairs.

As many as four clients share sleeping quarters, and there is a total of 21 beds, placing the facility in a group with 34% of other U.S. facilities based on its size. To date, the five individuals polled by Rehabs.com on the matter felt the facilities were well-maintained.

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 4.2/5

The four alumni that left feedback to date gave highly positive reports with Rehabs.com. Three shared five out of five star ratings for treatment effectiveness, while two awarded five-star ratings for the staff's level of experience and training and its visitor policies. "I loved it at new life treatment center,” one alum wrote. “They gave me back my life.” Lynn added: "This was a life changing facility. Very God centered."

On Google, New Life Treatment Center earned an average rating of 4.8 out of five stars from six reviews.[1] All but one of the reviews were five out of five stars. All of the reviewers indicated that they liked treatment and found it effective. Alumni cited the “amazing” staff, the coping skills they were taught, and its religious focus as strengths of the facility.

WHAT FAMILY & FRIENDS SAY

Feedback provided by the pair of loved ones about New Life Treatment Center was more mixed. Loved ones did not agree on the strengths and weaknesses of the facility. For instance, for holistic offerings, the ratings ranged from one out of five stars to five stars.

Offering five-star ratings for the facility's discharge planning and family participation, a loved one wrote: “Develop a sense of faith in a higher power to overcome fear and addiction.” The other survey respondent, however, felt that the program was too short and that there was a lack of supervision. “Too short of program for heroin addiction...No halfway house planned,” they wrote.

New Life Treatment accepts self-pay, which is supplemented by donations to reduce prices and private insurance plans. The facility is also one of 286 facilities in Minnesota that accept public insurance plans. However, the facility does not accept Medicare.

Published on July 2018

I was impressed the first time I attended inpatient treatment. There was a counselor that really had a good bullshit detector and helped me get honest. The second time I came thru detox first and could hear the staff talking inside the nurses station and the night shift staff sat in the nurses station complaining about other nurses. I liked the food ok. The counselors don't get along and it makes it hard for us that are inoatients. I learned that I could get away with stuff if I went around the other staff. I noticed the techs seemed rushed and stressed. The first time I was at not was on 16. It was great! The staff got along and we had plenty if staff to keep an eye on us. The second time I went they we're short staffed and an old lady was a techbin the evening s and was dkways playing on her phone. We took turns covering for each other so we could have sex out the side door by the kitchen. No cameras their so we easily got away with it.

Way to Christian based. New staff ever week or understaffed. Staff have relationships with clients on outside. Overall I worked on myself independent of these issues. I liked the food and the facility though. Quiet rural atmosphere.

I love the staff at New Life. Overall, it has helped us a lot and I feel hopeful for the future now.

I loved my stay at the treatment center it was one of the best experiences ever. My Counselor was the best ever and I will be forever grateful to her and all the other counselors and staff that had a part in my recovery. I also met some forever friends. I learned a lot about myself. The facility was comfortable and clean. Very peaceful.

Use proven AA 12 step program Develop a sense of faith in a higher power to overcome fear and addiction

A pretty good treatment overall.

Thoughtful. However, waiting for beds to open up was a downfall. I loved it at new life treatment center. They gave me back my life. I'm still clean.

I don't feel that they provided the services that they claimed they did. Not enough supervision. Staff not trained properly...Too short of program for heroin addiction...No halfway house planned.

This was a life changing facility. Very god centered.