New Season San Antonio Treatment Center in San Antonio, TX

3701 West Commerce Street
San Antonio TX 78207

New Season San Antonio Treatment Center Philosophy

ABOUT COLONIAL MANAGEMENT GROUP — SAN ANTONIO TREATMENT CENTER

New Season is operated by the Colonial Management Group (CMG), which oversees more than 60 outpatient substance abuse facilities through the United States. The facility in San Antonio, Texas, is one of the 301 (69.8 percent) of Texas treatment centers that provide outpatient-based services for adult men and women dealing with opioid addiction.

Treatment at New Season begins with a medical evaluation assessed by the medical director. The comprehensive program focuses on medical, psychological, and social needs. Clients will have a primary counselor who oversees their individualized treatment plan.

Individuals going through withdrawal will be medically supervised. New Season provides medication-assisted treatment in the form of methadone, buprenorphine or Suboxone, which is offered by about 23 percent of Texas treatment facilities to address withdrawal symptoms and cravings.

Clients at the San Antonio facility will participate in individual, family, and group counseling. Staff members at the facility also provide referrals as needed.

New Season’s website states that each center is staffed by a program director, nursing team, medical doctor, treatment service coordinator (TSC), counseling staff, and pharmacist.

Two alumni of the San Antonio facility surveyed by Rehabs.com to date offered opposing reviews of the center. One alum, Patrick, wrote that the facility was “tough” and that the groups offered by the facility were effective. “Our disease never stops,” he wrote. “And neither can I.”

The other anonymous alum polled by Rehabs.com wrote that the food was good and gave five out of five stars for the center’s affordability and cleanliness. However, the alum did not recommend treatment at the facility and commented that staff “treated us like we were stupid.” The alum gave one out of five stars for the center’s treatment for co-occurring disorders and and holistic offerings.

On Google, the San Antonio facility earned an average rating of 3.7 out of five stars based on 22 reviews. Several reviewers praised staff members though others noted long wait times. “I have been treated with complete respect,” wrote Amy in a representative review. “If a person wants to get clean and recover from opiate addiction, this is where they need to start.” [1]

The sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave New Seasons a mostly positive review, awarding the facility four and five stars for its family participation, exercise and leisure activities, and cleanliness. However, the anonymous individual gave the center a low two out of five stars for its treatment effectiveness and noted that there wasn’t enough staff. They indicated that they would recommend treatment at New Seasons.

The sole employee surveyed by Rehabs.com to date gave New Seasons high marks across 15 evaluated metrics. The anonymous individual gave five-star ratings for seven out of 15 metrics, including the center’s family participation opportunities, cleanliness, and staff’s experience and training. The reviewer also gave four out of five stars for the center’s counseling options, visitor’s policy, and exercise and leisure activities, though they noticed that the center lacked holistic programming.

On Glassdoor, the San Antonio location has one five-star rating, one three-star rating, and one one-star rating. Reviewers gave mixed feedback on upper management with one reviewer calling management “ineffective” and another referring to management as “great.” [2]

New Seasons accepts cash pay, some insurance plans, and debit and credit cards.

[1]GoogleReviews
[2]https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Colonial-Management-Group-San-Antonio-Reviews-EIIE785523.0,25IL.26,37IM757.htm?filter.defaultEmploymentStatuses=false&filter.defaultLocation=false&filter.employmentStatus=REGULAR&filter.employmentStatus=PARTTIME

Published on January 2018

The food. Everything else. While I was there I was a minor at the time but they treated us like we were stupid. We only went outside if the staff felt like taking us out.

ALWAYS ON TOP NOT ENOUGH STAFF GREAT HELPS EVERYONE AND VERY CARING

Excellent staff lacked the holistic component I am an interpreter so was able to be an outside/inside the group observer. I thought the programs were excellent as long as the person was interested in helping themselves.

Patrick

This facility is tough. And that's what I needed. For me my overall experience there was a 5. The peer review group, group counseling, one-on-ones, thinking errors class. The workbooks I got to bring back with me help me so much. I look back at what I wrote then, to what I write now. What a major difference. I am better than the old me. And I will always remember what my counselor told me " you won't do it, if you don't touch it". She also is addicted to alcohol. Our disease never stops. And neither can I.