Northbound Treatment Services in Newport Beach, CA

Call (866) 311-0003 to Contact Northbound Treatment Services

3822 Campus Drive
Newport Beach CA 92660

Northbound Treatment Services Philosophy

The main mission at Northbound Treatment Services is to help each and every client lay a solid foundation for long-term recovery. The residential rehab focuses on bringing meaning, purpose and respect to the life of newly sober individuals by utilizing a variety of biological, social, spiritual and psychological interventions. Located in sunny Orange County, Northbound offers clients a safe and serene setting — as well as an outstanding staff-to-client ratio — to guide them to the path of lifelong sobriety.

• Outpatient
    Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.

Unmatched Client to Staff Ratio

Full Continuum of Care

Assisting Our Clients in Successfully Celebrating One Year of Continuous Sobriety

Michael Neatherton

President; CEO

Mike Neatherton is an industry leader with a career spanning more than 30 years. When Mike joined Northbound he immediately began to transform the corporate culture by building on the transformational leadership principles of transparency, authenticity, and collaboration. Mike believes that successful leadership requires not only vision, but the ability to gain the agreement and commitment of all of the other people in the organization. As President and CEO of Northbound, Mike’s passion for treatment is founded upon the belief that all individuals can recover. Mike maintains a solid 12-Step program as the foundation for treatment at Northbound, informing all aspects of treatment, and serving as the core philosophy for the organization. Mike embraces the challenge of providing superior treatment services to the entire family system impacted by drug addiction, alcoholism, and mental illness. He cites his strong spiritual values and the ability to find balance in his personal life as the keys to his professional success. Prior to Northbound, Mike served in various executive positions at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage California, where he worked for more than 20 years. Mike holds a bachelor’s degree from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, and a master’s degree from Indiana State University in Terra Haute, Indiana. He is a member of both the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American College of Addiction Treatment Administrators. Mike and his wife, Maria, have 3 daughters, and they reside in Newport Beach, California.

Paul Alexander

Executive Vice President; COO

Paul Alexander has been a crucial leader in the development of Northbound, helping to bring to the forefront the center’s strengths. Paul relies on his experience in the leadership of many treatment facilities over the years, especially implementing and running numerous education-based treatment programs. He served as the co-creator and program director of the first treatment program coupling higher education and treatment. With this experience, Paul designed the Sober Academy College Program at Northbound, now the Northbound Academy, which is widely considered the best program of its kind. Paul cites the consistency and spiritual values of Northbound as its strengths, and he sees his contribution as rearticulating these fundamentals. Paul received his Certified Addiction Treatment Specialist training at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, California, and was awarded Outstanding Alumni Service Award in 2002. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology, Law and Society, summa cum laude, from the School of Social Ecology at University of California, Irvine. While at UCI, Paul co-authored an honors research thesis: An Evaluation of Addiction Treatment Coupled with Higher Education, which he presented at the 2004 University of California Research Symposium. Paul recently received his Juris Doctorate degree at Loyola Law School of Los Angeles.

ABOUT NORTHBOUND TREATMENT SERVICES

Northbound Treatment Services operates three drug and alcohol addiction treatment facilities in Orange County, Calif., one in Newport Beach and two in Costa Mesa. Northbound's facilities offer a full continuum of care, including residential and outpatient treatment as well as medically managed detox for individuals with opioid dependence.

Medical detox, which is offered at 15 percent of residential treatment facilities in California and 15.8 percent in outpatient facilities, takes place at Northbound's oneEIGHTY facility, a dedicated unit that offers psychiatric and psychological support daily. Northbound also operates rehabs in Seattle, Wash., and St. Louis, Mo.

Treatment is centered around individual therapy and case management, psychiatric evaluations and check-ins, and a therapy model that gives clients more freedom as they progress through the program. Following detox, clients can continue to residential treatment which is offered in separate men’s and women’s facilities, or in a dedicated Christian home.

Programs use evidence-based modalities including eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), the 12 Steps, and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). Residential treatment also has a focus on physical exercise and assists clients their educational and employment goals.

According to a 2017 SAMHSA study, 46.2 percent of treatment facilities in California offer employment counseling or training for clients. Outpatient options include a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (IOP).

The organization’s staff includes three MDs, numerous master’s-level therapists, case managers, certified addiction counselors, and a pastoral counselor. To date, the four individuals polled on the matter by Rehabs.com appreciated the staff's aptitude.

Staff Experience and Training: 4/5

Northbound's facilities are among the 13.9 percent of treatment facilities in California to be certified by the Joint Commission.

Though Northbound's website does not provide any information on the facilities' accommodations and amenities, individuals surveyed by Rehabs.com offered mostly positive feedback on all related categories, including meals and nutrition, cleanliness of facilities, and exercise and leisure options.

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 4.5/5
Exercise & Leisure Activities: 3.5/5

The 25 alumni reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, were overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers repeatedly praised the organization’s staff, its treatment programs, and the level of comfort they found at the facility. “Staff members are all great people and genuinely care,” alum Nick wrote in a representative review.

Though nearly all feedback was positive, one reviewer criticized the facility's IOP while another criticized the group therapy. Additionally, two alumni that reviewed specific metrics of treatment rated holistic offerings only two out of five stars.

Reviews on secondary review sites were also highly positive. On Google, Northbound's Newport Beach facility received an average 4.5 out of five-star rating based on 15 reviews.[1] On Northbound's official Facebook page, which staff can manage, the organization received an average rating of 4.6 stars based on 56 reviews.[2]

Eight loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, gave mostly positive feedback. Reviewers repeatedly praised the center’s family involvement: “Our family communication was excellent. We received weekly phone calls from his case manager,” K.S.M.M.S. wrote in a representative review. Others held in high regard the quality of treatment. The limited negative feedback tended to focus on a lack of holistic offerings and recreational opportunities.

Of the three staff reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, two were very positive and one negative. The positive reviewers stressed how supportive the center is: “I can honestly say the work environment is as supportive and considerat as the treatment services they offer,” wrote M.J.C., who is also an alum of the program, in a representative review.

In contrast, staff member S.M. praised her coworkers but criticized the center’s upper management for not being “supportive to their team.” “Did not instill safety or appreciate the team members,” S.M. added.

According to the organization's website, Northbound accepts most health insurance plans. The four individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date moderately appreciated the facility's cost.

Affordability: 3.5/5

According to the Los Angeles Times, in April of 2018, Costa Mesa council rejected an appeal by Northbound Treatment Services for permits to operate two sober living homes in the community. The permits were rejected due to the proposed location and increasing influx of sober living homes in the community.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/Northboundtreatmentservices/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on December 2018

Loi H

My Grandson came to Northbound from another facility. There really are no adequate words to express my overwhelming GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION for Northbound and their AWESOME staff and program. He had lost his way, was addicted and feeling hopeless. At Northbound, he was welcomed with the facilities, staff, expertise, groups, support, and direction he needed as well as the caring, love and concern that he desperately needed to get well. He will tell you Northbound saved his life. He recently expressed to me that he truly has never been as content and happy as he is now! He is surrounded by continual support even after completing the program. And most importantly, he now has the tools, support and confidence necessary to navigate the ups and downs of life. When I see my Grandson now I see a very happy, motivated young man, excited about his future and opportunities he never had thought possible before. My prayer would be anyone suffering from the debilitating disease of addition could have the blessed opportunity to be immersed in this program. Truly, if you have a family member with this disease you will find immediate guidance and relief for yourself and your loved one the minute you call. Our family is eternally indebted to the beautiful souls at Northbound.

Very disappointed when visiting my loved one in this facility. They do NOT get what is promised on their multiple websites (under different names). The house is in a low income residential area miles from the beach. No effort in developing health or wellness lifestyle, smoking and vaping is not controlled, and "therapy" actually consists of AA meetings in the community with no affiliation. You can get that for free at home. My loved one really wants help and this company does not provide it . He is feeling even more lost now.

Hayley

Northbound saved my life. I was addicted to drugs for over 16 years. I was transferred to Northbound from Menninger and that's when my journey really began. I was picked up from the airport by David Gates who has stood by my education and sobriety for the past 17 months. While at Northbound I got my CADAC and learned the coping skills that have made my sobriety successful. If your looking to change your life this place is the best of the best from the accommodations to the groups to the outings and staff. I am forever grateful to have been connected to such an amazing place. You walk into Campus and can feel the love. #Northboundforlife

Haley

Northbound saved my life. I was addicted to drugs for 16 years. When I was ready to change they helped teach me the coping skills I needed to remain sober. The staff at Northbound goes above and beyond anything I could have imagined. They are an amazing company and I’m blessed to have had them support me and teach me how to love myself and remain sober. ❤️❤️❤️Northbound ❤️❤️❤️

Jordan. J.

I attended Northbound Treatment Center about 5 years ago. I defiantly had a hard time with being committed to the program and staying clean and sober. I came and went out of NB care a few times. NB let me come back and was there to help and support me to get me back on track. I always felt supported and cared for by the treatment staff, counselor's, nurses, management, and even corporate. I defiantly felt the love when I would decide to come back and I never felt judged. Also their legal department was amazing helping me with my open cases. When I finally left their program I had no open cases and I was 3 months shy of a year sober. Once I left NB I moved into a sober living they recommended and continued with IOP ( intensive outpatient program) I countinued to see my counselor who was a huge part in my recovery. She always was there and always willing to listen and give helpful advice to get me back on track. I love what Northbound has done for me. I am now 4 years sober and I finished beauty school. I have my cosmetology licenses I work full time. I'm also back in collage to get a 4 year degree. 5 years ago I was hopeless and going nowhere fast. Now my life is going in an amazing direction. I wouldn't have the life I have today without the help of everyone at Northbound Treatment Center. Thank You.

AL

I had spent little less than a year at Northbound Treatment Services, it was an amazing exsperience. The staff is amazing, the program itself is GREAT, with Incredible insight and knowledge on addiction. I am forever greatful for this place and the staff they genuinely care. I highly recommend Northbound Treatment services!

Nick

Staff members are all great people and genuinely care. You can tell they take pride in making a difference in people\'s life

Tony

I was hopeless and defeated and had no idea how I was going to become sober. Northbound was my first (and last!) treatment center. Before entering, I called and talked to a woman who made me feel comfortable and answered any questions that I had about the place. She made me feel very safe and assured about what I was getting into. Upon arrival, I arrived at a very awesome detox. It felt homely and even had a chef who made our meals for us. After 4 days I entered treatment for 90 days. We had groups and therapy and case management meetings all week. Each of these groups was run by a professional who could guide the group into discussing topics such as cross-addiction and other important issues we face in sobriety. I could not stress enough how GREAT Northbound is. They were very aware of my needs and every staff member from the drivers to the therapists to the case managers made me feel comfortable and at home. If you are looking for a treatment center that will work to help you overcome your addiction to the best of your abilities, this is it! I was able to take up boxing while I was in treatment! You could also go to the gym and participate in activities such as paintballing, movie outings, surfing, and tons of others! Did I mention this place is right by the beach? After 90 days of inpatient, I did 9 months of outpatient. (less and less groups as I got more time sober). The last 3 months I was pretty much on my own besides a case manager meeting and help when I needed it. I know I probably sound like I am a sales person trying to sell this place, but really I just hope someone reads this and can receive the care that I did. I am truly thankful for Northbound.

Amy

Northbound is one of the many treatment centers Monarch Place Recovery works with. As a sober living owner it is hard to find a solid treatment center that can address all the needs of each client that passes through to prepare them for the next phase of treatment. If I need to refer a client out for inpatient or IOP Northbound is one of my top picks! The staff is always exceptional to work with and always on top of any issues. Northbound is amazing!

J.M.

Northbound’s clinical team goes above and beyond to help every addict and their family.

Theo

Northbound offered a very comfortable and compassionate environment for me to start my recovery journey. Special thank you to the... staff! The IOP Program offered a positive way to continue learning and growing, about myself and others.

Vincent L.

No other treatment center has worked for me besides Northbound. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable...Trauma Program that is only offered at Northbound has been key to my recovery and overcoming the core beliefs that I have within myself, giving me a new lease on life.

KS

Northbound Treatment Services is an excellent, life-changing and life-saving program. Having experienced Northbound firsthand, I can honestly state that their facilities are well-maintained, safe and comfortable. Their staff is compassionate, caring, and dedicated to their clients. And the curriculum provides a great balance between 12-step recovery, life skills, and spiritual / religious support if desired. You simply won\'t find a better treatment facility in Southern California.

Catie B.

If you knew me 4 years ago, you would\'ve never thought I would stay sober, let alone create a beautiful life for myself . I came into NTS absolutely destroyed and full of fear . The staff here , drivers , house techs , case managers , therapists .. all the way up to the corporate office are absolutely incredible . After achieving 2 years of sobriety , I relapsed and Northbound welcomed me back with open arms . They showed me that I was worth fighting for , that I deserved to live . This program saved my life and it continues to save many others . I am coming up on 2 years of sobriety once again and I wouldn\'t be the woman I am today if it werent for northbound . I highly recommend this place to anyone seeking help. I am living proof that miracles do happen.

Ben

Northbound saved my life. I owe a great debt to this facility. WIthout the help of my treatment team,.... I probably wouldn\'t have made it as far as I have come. They have guided me in the right direction and laid out a well structured path of sobriety.

NJ

Northbound has such a unique and caring stance on people who suffer from addiction. One one there most amazing staff members...was outstanding. Her attention to detail in keeping the families informed while also doing what\'s best for the client is remarkable. If you or anyone you know suffered from this terrible affliction I would highly recommend going to Northbound!

Justin

When I stepped onto the plane leaving Texas (the only home that I\'ve ever known), headed for an inpatient treatment program in California, I thought my life was over. I was broken in every sense of the word. Spiritually, emotionally, mentally. Looking back, I can now see that stepping on that plane and walking into Northbound\'s doors was the beginning of a long, hard, transformative road towards getting my life back. I was on the show Intervention, and my interventionist....hand-picked Northbound for me. I now understand why. During my 7-month stay, I received a level of care unlike anything I had experienced before. My case manager went above and beyond to see that I was comfortable and guided me through the recovery process slowly and patiently. My therapist was always available for me to work through some underlying issues that I had never been able to properly and healthily deal with. Northbound provided me the safety, structure, education and accountability that was necessary to provoke meaningful change in my life. They helped me tackle my issues from EVERY angle. This program saved my life, no doubt about it. The staff cares, the program works, and the facilities are exceptional. I would absolutely recommend their program to anyone suffering from addiction or addiction-related issues.

JC

You have no idea how much you’ve changed our lives in two months . We came to you a complete and utter mess. Both of us. My son, because he couldn’t figure out why he keep using drugs and couldn’t stop . And me, because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t help him. Over the course of this 2 months , you’ve empowered me to make the decisions I knew in my gut were right for my son, even when others didn’t agree or understand. You encouraged me when I felt like things were never going to get better and made me feel like I might actually be able to pull off being my sons mom. The family program made me laugh / cry — hard — with tears streaming down my face and my side hurting. Good laughter — the kind you need when you’re struggling to get through addiction of your child every day . And every chance you got, you looked me or spoke and told me that you thought I was doing a good job. I am so grateful for you all. But all of this is nothing compared to what you’ve done for my son. You have taken a boy, uncomfortable and pained by his own demons , and taught him to respect that body, to pay attention to it, to give it what it needs, to speak up for it and to live in it. I’m amazed by his progress — I honestly didn’t believe it was possible. But you did. You see his heart and he knows it. When he said me last night that the links program and the staff helped save his life. My heart was full of gratitude . I always knew this program was amazing but know I truly have had my own experience . Thank you for all you do . you are all amazing.

MJC

Northbound Treatment Services was my \"one and done\". A little over three years ago I entered through the doors of a facility that ultimately helped save (and then restart) my life. The dedicated staff worked over seven months to ensure I had a strong hold on sobriety before I entered into the real world. To this day, I am close with al of my clinical staff and we still keep in close contact. Whilst there, I enrolled in two classes at Saddleback college which helped motivate me post-treatment to finish and graduate with my degree. Now as an employee at NTS, I can honestly say the work environment is as supportive and considerat as the treatment services they offer. If you or a loved one is considering treatment, I highly recommend Northbound.

BR

It felt nice checking into a program where the staff not only wants to see you do well, but are actually willing to do whatever it takes with you to get you to that point. Northbound gave me all of the tools to face reality again without having to use drugs and alcohol as a crutch. They helped me build the foundation to a healthy and thriving life!

Marcus

Northbound was my last chance I believe I believe i would have had to get sober. My life was spinning out of control due to a crippling heroin addiction and depression. When I got here there didn\'t seem to be anything anyone could do to help me but NTS proved otherwise. I was gifted with a very qualified and caring team of clinical and support staff who saved my life. I would like to give special thanks to the staff for their complete support and dedication to helping me turn my life around. I have achieved over two years of sobriety as a direct result of NTS and what they showed me during my stay there. I owe Northbound a lot and hope that anyone who reads this in search of help finds it.

Ian

Northbound is a wonderful program. Working with them and watching the northbound clients grow into new sober young men and women has become an absolute joy in my life. Northbound puts their clients need above all else and truly goes the extra mile when it comes to making sure the clients are prepared for what comes next.

I was a client in 2012 at northbound treatment services . The experience I had helped me build a foundation and taught me the tools I needed to live life as a sober woman. I have been sober over four years now, I started and am now completing my bachelors degree, and I have since returned to northbound as a staff member . This place is the real deal. . I wouldn\'t be where I am today without Northbound!

MM

Both me and my brother went through this treatment center and both of us have multiple years of sobierty and we are both in our early 20\'s. Best Treatment center in Orange County.

Travis

Patient Care Knowledge of Addiction/Alcoholism Structure. IOP is not facilitated properly. If you are looking for long term treatment, then Northbound would be an ideal option. Their goal is to help each client celebrate a year of continuous sobriety.

JB

The faith based program was the key for me. Their groups could be better It was good the pastor and director and case managers were very well trained and deeply care forn their clients.

SM

Strengths: Marketing, The clinical staff (excluding leaders) cared about the clients. Not supportive to their team. Did not instill safety or appreciate the team members.

Michael

Staff qualified. However, lacking of recreation and holistic health alternatives People at Northbound are solid. Too much AA and not enough alternative health and recreation opportunities.

Nice grounds, good neighborhood. My son attended and was happy with his experience.

Ksmms

Our son was treated at Northbound with great success. He had a dual diagnosis, entering NTS from psychiatric treatment. Our family communication was excellent. We received weekly phone calls from his case manager. We attended the four day family involvement program which was a life changer for us. Our son received continuous therapy with a highly qualified therapist. A psychiatrist is available to help assist with medication regulation. We received incredible support from their insurance department who fought so hard to get our son\'s insurance to pay for some of the treatment. I can say unqualified that Northbound is a solid addiction rehabilitation organization. (There is a negative review on this site that doesn\'t represent anything we experienced as a family.) BTW, we are not in any way affiliated, sponsored, or employed by Northbound. We are a typical family that experienced harrowing addiction by our son.

G in the OC

If you have a loved one you wish to place for treatment run as fast as possible from this place. They will hold your child without communication for 30 days, and then restrict communication severely. During this period of enforced family separation the inmate is indoctrinated at a time he or she is most vulnerable. Repeated calls and attempts at contact are blocked by Northbound staff. ... The purpose of Northbound is to create a dependency on Northbound to replace the substance dependency. Inmates are incessantly drilled that they are powerless to help themselves. Family is endlessly told they are powerless to help their loved one. They have no program for family involvement. Their so-called family program requires taking off a week from work, and you spend most of your time listening to Northbound staff tell you how powerless you are. There are no family meetings, no visitation programs, no encounter sessions…nothing that integrates the family into the process. When my child finally got out of Northbound it was like a release from prison.

Mike

I came to Northbound from another 30 day treatment center. I intended to join their Academy Program, now entitled the College Program, get a reintroduction into school, maybe a few life skills, and then go on my way. What I got was so much more. The time I spent at Northbound was the most informative time in my early sobriety. I had a dedicated clinical team that led me back to my true self. I rediscovered my self worth and value through engaging activities, the Academy Program, knowledgeable and caring staff, and a solid grounding in a 12 step program. Prior to treatment, drugs and alcohol weren't my problem. They were my solution to the real problem, me. Northbound gave me the tools to address the real problem and I can honestly say that today I am a happy and healthy person. I have graduated college, continue to work a strong program of recovery (with over 2 years of sobriety), have regained the love and trust of my family, and lead a truly fulfilling life. Northbound was the stepping stone I needed to regain control of my life.

MR

Great Place to get sober

AD

My experience with Northbound was life changing. I had the opportunity to learn how to have fun sober with other people my age. I spent over a year in their program. I learned so much about myself through the groups they offered. They even tailored my program to fit my needs. They accepted my insurance, but again, my life is not defined by a number. Aside from the money, which is also hard to talk about when it comes to treatment, the program is worth every penny. They have qualified psychologists, therapist, doctors and a very caring staff. I have multiple years of sobriety now, and I would recommend anyone to their program.

Mr. C

I came to Northbound with a long history of failed attempts at different treatment centers. Some of the places that I went were highly recommended by therapists and other professionals that I had been in contact with. However, I could not seem to STAY sober. I got to Northbound with very little hope or expectations for a different result. For someone that has been through numerous facilities and failed, I was prepared to fail again. Northbound did not let me fail. The process and environment that they use to facilitate treatment was so different than what I had experienced before. Treatment, to me, was something that happened in a hospital setting for 90 days. You would then be shot out into the world with very little ability to cope with real life. Northbound\'s philosophy of allowing the client to experience life, on life\'s terms, and then return to a supportive environment was something I had never experienced. I was allowed to take part in the amazing recovery scene that is Newport Beach while also being provided the accountability of a structured treatment setting. It was everything that I hoped getting sober could be. Today, I am still a part of the local recovery scene and have over 2 years sober. Without Northbound this would have never been possible. I cannot articulate the amount of gratitude and love I have for this program and [staff]. They saved my life and helped me start over.

Scott M

We looked at a lot of treatment facilities before deciding on Northbound. We were concerned about choosing the wrong facility that would end up having a negative effect on our child and waste a lot of time and money. In short, here\'s a few of the reasons that impacted our decision to go with NTS: a) Great reputation. We kept hearing really good things about their staff and program b) Faith based options. We liked that this was an option for the clients that wanted to integrate their faith into the treatment. It should be noted that this is an option and they absolutely do NOT cram this down anyone\'s throat. c) Caring staff. I can not even begin to adequately express how cared for our child has been and how cared for we have felt as parents. There are some beautiful people working here. ... that have gone above and beyond the call of duty. They are genuine, caring, beautiful people that have exhibited amazing compassion and fortitude in our situation. d) Drug treatment but also life issues. Their counseling beyond just getting people off addiction is fantastic. They are focused on everything from past trauma to codependent relationships to self-esteem issues and much more. They work hard to help their clients make life changes that go way beyond just addiction. The tools they teach will help out in all areas of life. e) Program length. They don\'t encourage a \"quick fix\" and how the average client stays on and graduates to higher levels. They have everything from inpatient to outpatient to working with soberliving houses and much more. The clients can keep progressing from doing treatment and then integrating school and/or jobs as they progress in their treatment. It\'s not just a quick one-size-fits-all quickie treatment and then the clients are cut loose. f) Facilities & program. The homes where the clients live are super clean, modern and in great neighborhoods. The group sessions are in a discreet business park and they keep everyone pretty busy. They even integrate exercise and lots of organized recreational activities as well. g) Insurance. These guys are really great at working with your insurance company. If you\'re reading this then you\'re most likely intensely searching for an answer and I can only imagine the hurt, fear and heartbreak you\'ve gone through. If nothing else I would strongly suggest giving ... NTS a call and talking over all your concerns. I know you\'ll be glad you did. .. It\'s worth a phone call for sure.

Elizabeth K

The director of the program .. Well because of him .. Our son is alive ... he has gone above & beyond the call of duty to save our son's life ... My word I don't know what I would have done with out his help ... we have complete confidence in the program ... I thank The Lord everyday for Northbound .. they are obviously dedicated to helping addicts on the path to recovery... We're looking forward to our first family session in February ... I truly believe in my heart & soul that if I hadn't called Northbound .. Our son would be dead .. Instead he's alive in treatment & our son is also being treated for his mental health problems as well ... He's on antidepressants .. Meets with a psychiatrist once or more a week .. As well as meeting with his new primary counselor ... We truly believe that our son staying @ North Bound a year is what's best .. We are fortunate that we found northbound before planning a funeral instead planning a trip to Southern California to admit our son in North Bound ...

Tim

Northbound saved my life. After twenty-five years of doing drugs, they gave me the opportunity to start a new life. They provided a positive place to stay and grow.

Josh C

Extremely supportive environment and excellent atmosphere. Most clients return to work at this facility because of the transformation they experience here. You set your goals and accomplish them while Northbound staff stand by your side and help you develop for life after your stay.

MG

I spent 3 months in the inpatient program followed by 3 months of their intensive outpatient program. Rehab is not meant to be a vacation but the Northbound staff is very accommodating. Much like other treatment programs, they only give you as much freedom as you can handle. Naturally, I fought the process while I was a client, but I am grateful for the boundaries they drew for me before I was able to act rationally outside of my addiction. I only rated meals & nutrition as four stars because Northbound lets you shop for your own groceries and prepare your own meals. It may seem like a simple freedom to those who have not struggled with addiction, but after being utterly consumed by alcohol for nearly ten years I did not know how to foster physical health. Northbound helps you integrate back into life as your sober-self. They also offer programs to help you finish your education, or even just to help you set some realistic life goals for yourself. When it comes time to leave Northbound they make every effort to help you set up a support system. To this day, nearly two years later, Northbound still plays a large part in my sobriety; I am an active participant in their group of alumni. When looking for a treatment center for you or a loved one, remember that no matter where you go it will be difficult. Living sober is a huge adjustment, and initially quite a shock. I can truly say that without the genuine encounters I had with staff, and the relationships that I developed with fellow clients, I would not be where I am today. Today, I am content. Most of the time I am grateful for the struggles I\'ve had... I had no idea who I was before I got sober and now I couldn\'t be more pleased with the work-in-progress that I am. I am rambling, but I just love this place and am SO grateful to them for helping me get where I am today.