NorthPoint Recovery in Boise, ID

10787 W. Ustick Rd
Boise ID 83713

NorthPoint Recovery Philosophy

We are proud to be accredited by The Joint Commission and are a 12-step based program.

Northpoint Recovery is dedicated to providing a safe, therapeutic environment where those struggling with addiction can build a foundation for their recovery and gain a clear vision of hope. We live by the following values: commitment to excellence, doing good for others, engaging in innovative empirical based treatment, and showing respect to all.

• Outpatient
    Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.

DUI Assessments

2:1 Staff to Client Ratio

LGBTQ Specialized Programs

We respect and honor all individuals reaching for recovery.

Erica Lopez

LCSW, LCPC/ Clinical Director

Erica is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She graduated from Boise State University’s Advanced Standing Social Work Program in May of 2013. Erica’s professional background has been in substance abuse, crisis intervention, family therapy, trauma therapy, vulnerable population advocacy, and working within the LGBT community. She finds passion in getting to the underlying cause of ongoing struggles for clients. Erica consistently works towards encouraging and motivating clients to seek ongoing change in life to better their circumstance. Erica continues to contribute to, and advocate for, the addict and alcoholic recovery community. She finds that working in this field is not only rewarding but life changing, as well. Erica is excited to continue to grow professionally within NorthPoint Recovery.

Nycole Thomas

BSN, RN/ Director of Nursing

Nycole is a registered nurse with a passion for providing unbiased quality care to underserved populations within the community. She brings care and compassion from her experience as a hospice case manager, as well as knowledge and experience in substance abuse from her time working in a unique detention setting. She is ACLS certified in emergency care in order to provide a medically safe detox. Nycole enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary team based setting, and is passionate about providing a safe environment for clients to begin their new life. Nycole earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Boise State University and is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.

ABOUT NORTHPOINT RECOVERY

Set in a simple but modern roadside facility in Boise, Idaho’s Treasure Valley, NorthPoint Recovery provides residential drug and alcohol addiction treatment for adult men and women. The typical length of stay is 28 days, and clients with co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders are also treated. Medically monitored detox services are available on-site.

Each client receives a comprehensive assessment upon intake, which includes a complete physical conducted by the facility’s nursing staff, according to the center’s website.

Treatment at NorthPoint utilizes evidence-based practices including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), along with addiction education, 12-step meetings, and group, individual, and family counseling. Experiential activities are also offered and include yoga, aerobics exercises, and personal training. The facility also offers hikes as a means of exercise, and therapy groups focusing on process, education, and art.

According to the facility’s website, NorthPoint is LGBT-friendly and prides itself on being a safe, sensitive, and comfortable environment for individuals who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender.

The facility’s website notes Northpoint’s treatment team includes a medical director and a 24-hour nursing staff trained in addiction counseling, along with a licensed practical counselor, a licensed social worker, a certified alcohol and drug counselor, and a number of psych techs. The facility boasts a 2:1 staff-to-client ration.

The 22-bed facility is made of clinical-looking interior spaces, along with simple shared bedrooms, a gym, laundry room, and small cafeteria (which provides professionally catered meals). There is a well-landscaped outdoor area with a garden and seating. Cell phones and other electronics are not permitted during treatment.

15 alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date gave NorthPoint nearly all positive reviews. Of them, 13 gave the facility a positive recommendation, while one was mixed and another negative. Alumni on average rated the facility highly in every category, with the highest ratings in treatment effectiveness, professional counseling, and cleanliness.

In comments, alumni suggested the food could be improved and accommodations more spacious, but overall alumni felt that the staff were caring and educated, treatment structured yet varied, and the facility clean. Alum S.H. wrote: "Yoga, gym, art, and outdoor experiences were greatly appreciated."

Four loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date also gave NorthPoint generally positive reviews, rating the facility highly in counseling options, family participation, and cleanliness. All of the respondents noted that the staff showed genuine care and concern for clients. One anonymous loved one wrote: “Showing respect to their clients, innovative treatments and giving hope were strengths of the facility."

Two staff members polled by Rehabs.com to date all gave NorthPoint perfect ratings in every category. Both repeated notes that accommodations were small but also praised the facility's staff and effective treatment. Staff member A.M. wrote: "Clean, safe and effective."

According to NorthPoint Recovery’s website, most major insurance plans are accepted.

Published on December 2017

NorthPoint saved my life. Best recovery center , hands down. The facility is ver clean and the food is great - catered three times a day. The staff is amazing and they truly care about each soul in treatment. I recommend NPR to everyone. It gave my family the peace of mind they needed while I was in treatment.

Coming to grips with your own short comings is the most diffdifficult thing I've ever faced. Totally worth it though.

this was the hardest 28 days of my life but it was worth it. the staff is amazing

Really nice treatment facility with great staff leaving with all the tools needed

Was an amazing place to go!! Excellent knowledgeable staff and great atmosphere!! I highly recommend this place!!!!

Going to NorthPoint was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Every staff member was understanding, compassionate, caring and supportive. They treated each of us with respect and dignity. Treatment helped me to understand my addiction and how to love myself again. I left NorthPoint with a new view on life and skills to help me be successful. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to learn and grown. NorthPoint truly changed my life forever.

The counselors and staff at Northpoint genuinely care about you and your mental health and recovery. The facility itself is small and the food wasn’t my favorite, but those weren’t the reasons I went there. It was really helpful to me to have access to a psychiatrist and medication management during my time there. There’s a lot of group therapy versus one-on-one counseling, but I felt it was effective. Northpoint had a far greater effect on my mental health and my life than any other help I’ve sought.

The counseling staff and nurses were very competent and helpful. The therapy groups provided me with a bunch of tools and coping mechanisms that I can use in my recovery. Highly recommended.

Everyone here is Including staff and peers are very nice. The rooms are comfortable. I recommend bringing a personal item such as a favorite pillow and blanket to personalize your bed. Family photos as well. Ann extra jacket is recommended as the nights get chilling. I had a great experience!

Educated staff and friendly community thanks for the stay.

Northpoint Recovery gave me the structure that was needed to aid in my recovery. The patient to staff ratio was great, as there was always someone to tata to if needed. It was a close family that I acquired there and will take what I learned into the world

Going to NorthPoint was the best decision I ever made. I felt safe and heard. I was treated with much respect. The staff was beyond incredible

Gave me the tools that are so important for my recovery

This place saved my life. The staff were great with personal experience. I wish I was told how small the hospital is, but other than that it was great.

This program has really helped get me back on track

Nice facility with great counselors and staff.

Staff is well versed and truly care about clientele. Treatment protocol is updated and effective. They handled all insurance pre-authorizations. They worked with my schedule so I could continue running my business and complete treatment. My individual counselor is amazing and has been instrumental in my recovery.

My sister knew I was headed to real trouble and when I was recovering in the hospital she found Northpoint. Northpoint picked me up at the hospital and that's when the great treatment began. I received individual counseling, great inter-active group education, and the support of peers who were going through the same process. After your 28 days in the hospital setting, they offer multiple levels to continue your recovery with continued education, individual counseling, and peer support. I would highly recommend Northpoint to anyone who has become overwhelmed with alcohol addiction.

Awesome

Recommend to anyone struggling with addiction. Great staff and program and gave me the tools and knowledge to change my life.

ya they help me when my insurance didnt cover or fell off

I was so scared when I first got to Northpoint but that changed real fast. They were so welcoming and I felt at home. I'm so grateful that I came here.

I can honestly say that this place saver my life! The staff is amazing and the food is unreal, if you need treatment this is the place to go!

Amazing place, tons of support in the program and outside.

Northpoint was everything that I needed from a facility. The staff was more than supportive and I couldn't have asked for a better program. No one and nowhere else understood my situation better than the people I met through Northpoint.

Northpoint was fantastic! I owe my sobriety to Northpoint. It was the jump start that I needed to get my rexovert on track. The staff is caring, the food is fantastic and you really get a lot out if it, if you put in effort as well. They will give you the tools, you have to use them!

My new life couresty of Northpoint. I am forever in debt!

The staff was stellar at NPR. I received excellent care at this facility during my treatment for alcohol addiction and would recommend to friends/family alike. I miss the friends I made while I was there and that tells me that I felt at home and welcomed while I was there. Highly recommended safe place to detox/recover from addiction!

This place helped me get my life back! Very educational and mindful! I miss the place already the staff is very friendly and helpful I’m pleased with the treatment I received and grateful I had the opportunity to get the top of the line treatment that I did(: it’s truly amazing how great this place is!

North Point is a genuine and effective program for staying sober. The process is arduous, initially, but once you acclimate it is very rewarding and liberating. I recommend it for anyone who would honestly like to recover from addiction.

North point has been an amazing experience for me. The staff of great and the environment is top notch. They give you tools to help with your recovery and they defiantly changed my life for the better. Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a treatment center.

By far the best and most genuine rehab facility I’ve ever been to. Amazing staff that is highly skilled and truly genuine. I can’t thank them enough, truly genuine people who understand and help you hand in hand as you go thru the program. Thank You Northpoint.

supportive and educated counslours and staff including nurses. safe environment. I enjoyed getting out to go to the gym and yoga and other activities like bowling parks and art museums. great place to detox and get the your corner stone of recovery

If you need treatment, you need to go to Northpoint. The staff is so welcoming, understanding, and caring. The relationships you form with peers gives you a wonderful sense of community. Every activity - from group learning to yoga - all help you walk the path towards recovery. Going there was the best decision I ever made.

If you are scared to pursue treatment, just please call northpoint and ask any questions you have. The staff here is the best in the world, you will not find more dedicated treatment professionals to help you in your journey

Amazing facility. The Education was my favorite part of the program. There is so much to learn about this disease and the staff was more than prepared to educate us along with the necessary coping skills. Nurses were so kind and considerate

They helped me a ton. I would absolutely recommend treatment here to anyone suffering from addiction!

Don’t forget we all have to start somewhere. If your looking to make a positive change. This was a excellent choice for me. Great staff. The education I received was amazing. And I’m now living a better life everyday.

Initially, I was extremely anxious and scared to go to a rehab facility but Northpoint Recovery was the most unreal experience and I don’t regret going at all. The care I received saved my life. The food was amazing and I came out weighing 20lbs more. The schedule is very structured and consistent, I really liked that I was never just sitting around bored, you are constantly busy and my favorite part was being able to workout and do yoga along with treatment. I would highly recommend Northpoint to anyone that is considering treatment. I can honestly say I would not be here if it wasn’t for them and their amazing staff and program!

The treatment at NorthPoint saved my life! The staff are amazing and truly care about everyone. I can�t thank NorthPoint enough. I love how we do yoga and go to the gym. The outings and mindfulness activities were wonderful. Sometimes there is a lack of organization on the staffs part about schedules and what is going on which was frustrating sometimes as a patient.

Northpoint Recovery saved my life. The counselors, techs, and nurses are all very kind and supportive. They make sure you recover in a safe, fun, and controlled environment. You will also find that all of the other patients are supportive and kind as well. Being with other people and going through a similar situation definitely helps. The one thing that I also loved is that you will leave the facility for some exciting activities, along with meetings, and the gym. Overall I wouldn't have chose another facility. I'm very grateful to Northpoint. Thank you!

Staff was wonderful and caring!!

The staff was super helpful and deligent. Both the nurses and techs were on point. The catered meals were great, and I met some great people.

If you are stuck in addiction North Point will help you navigate the road back to health and recovery. I owe my sanity and life to North Point.

Great staff, great facility, saved my life.

Northpoint rocks. By far the best treatment center I have ever been to. The staff is amazing and they are extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to make a change in their lives:)

Amazing experience!!

Northpoint was a great experience for me, all the staff was very kind and caring during my stay. The days are very structured and full of fun activities. I would recommend to anyone looking for treatment to look into northpoint.

Love this Wonder Place ! Taught me so many coping skills for my anxiety and addiction. I would and Do Highly Recomend this Facility for anyone struggling with addiction. The Staff are Awesome! Age does not matter, I'm almost 61....We were all treated with Respect and Compassion! Thank you NPR FAMILY, Always in My Heart!

Northpoint Recovery changed my life. I’m so happy I made the decision to go to Northpoint. I struggled with alcoholism for 14 years and tried stopping on my own. It never worked. I am now 50 days sober and have a program in place that is working. I have not had the desire to drink but know what to do if and when it comes. The staff is unbelievable of how much they care. It’s not just a job to them, they know lives are at stake. They leave the facility daily and it doesn’t feel like you stuck in an institution. I felt comfortable day 1. And with professionals who were addicts them self they have tons of life experiences that helped me. I would recommend Northpoint for anyone that has addiction issues as it has changed my life.

Great Staff, program, and rehab!

There was not many good decisions made by me in the first 12 days of 2017. (Or the 26 previous years) but walking through the doors of Northpoint was the first move in the right direction. I did not want to drink or use anymore and I could not stop. The staff at Northpoint understood and helped guide me into a place I could have only dreamed of. The nurses listened, gave wonderful words of wisdom and advise. The counsolers seem like they have walked in my shoes because they understood my every word and feeling. They have activities that helped make me feel human again. Every staff member there truly cares for Every person there. Northpoint helped me get my life back! One day at a time!

Caring staff and quality treatment. Counselors and nursing staff are compassionate and knowledgeable about the disease of addiction. I highly recommend this facility.

North point is the best in best recovery centers I would highly recommend it to anybody who would need help 10-10

If you’re serious about your recovery I strongly suggest

N.P.R. gave me all the support and tools I needed to manage my addiction. The staff is very supportive and truly care about patients. All are treated with respect and understanding. I made life long friends that are just like me.

Great experience, caring staff. Really taught me in depth about my disease and the recovery process. Thank you NPR!

I went to Northpoint recovery in June of 2017. Before attending, I was in and out of the rooms, and just couldn't stay clean. I got kicked out of my previous treatemnt center for relapsing multiple times and it got to the point that I was out of options. Going to Northpoint was the best decision I ever made. The staff was amazing. They truly care about their patients, always willing to help, and when I completed my stay they kept in contact with me. I now have 10 months, and in 2 months I will have a year clean for my very first time in one year. I am recomending this place to anyone who is in need. They were also very thorough in informing and teaching us about addiciton, along with giving us tools and assignments to that allowed us to reflect on our addiction, and gave us tools to help us stay sober.

Highly Recommend this Encouraging, Life changing rehab Facility, hard to call it that because it's like we're all family👍The staff is Awesome!!! At 60 years old They have taught me a New way of Living! I learned so many ways to live a sober Life, I am so grateful for Northpoint Recovery, and all the Guidance. Truly my Greatest choice in Life! Thank you all NPR!

Northpoint legitately saved my life. When I showed up I wasn't fully convinced I was ready to do this. Northpoint staff truly care about their patients and strive to get them help. Everyone I met there made me feel like I was finally in a supportive loving family and I'm forever grateful I got help.

Amazing place with great staff

NPR saved my life. NPR staff and family are amazing! I highly recommend them.

Love working here. I truly feel valued and cared about as part of a team and a family.

NPR family saved my life, and gave me so many tools to use in my recovery outside of the facility. I got to know myself all over again. Every single staff member cares about you there, one day I will give back to places like these. They save lives! Best in the West in my opinion!

Northpoint is the best rehab facility there is I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for help.

Great experience, amazing support, loving staff. Would defiantly recommend. Very structured in a good way. Great environment and vibe.

The techs were awesome, the nurses were very friendly and the counselors are impeccable.The amenities were better than expected. I was given the tools to learn how to live a sober life and am enjoying the benefits.

Great recovery facility!!

Northpoint is amazing! The staff and peers want you to succeed. I promise.

Northpoint was a great experience. Would highly recommend to anyone who is serious about recovery.

NorthPoint Recovery saved my life. This Facility is like none I've ever seen before. The nursing staff, techs, and counselors were amazing. I felt like my voice was heard and they really listened to all my concerns. I have just received my 18 month coin and I couldn't have gotten to were I am today without the help and guidance of North point. Thank you! I am forever grateful for everything.

It was a great place recommend it to others. It changed my life

Great recovery center. They go through all the steps to help achieve sobriety

Great program. Highly recommended!

Great staff and great aftercare. Made me actually want to do this for myself.

Northpoint recovery not only helped me get my life back on track but gave me the tools and resources to carry throughout my life in fight my disease. I am grateful for this opportunity!

NPR saved my life. NPR staff and family are amazing! I highly recommend them.

NorthPoint saved my life.

NPR truly changed my life. Every memeber of staff there genuinely care about you and your life. I learned so much there about addiction, and my mental illnesses. Best rehab ever!!

Caring, all-around excellent staff. They gave me all the tools I need to stay sober.

Thank you North Point Recovery Center for giving me a jump start on my recovery you guys gave me new tools for my journeyman tool box that I have I want expecially thank my two counselors what a amazing counselor was he was able to help me dump some stuff that I carried around for many years like since I was 8 years old he was awesome man and my counselor he's another awesome man I love that man he did baby steps with me so I could understand what I needed to do with my assignments he was great all the counselors are great but those to stand out to me the most I love those place I love the facility clean awesome I'm overwhelmed with all the joy that you guys are putting him to my life I can do this I can do this I believe in God so show me God thank you again

This rehab has been so helpful in getting me back on my feet. The staff is so caring and genuinely looks out for the patients. They teach you so much about the science of addiction and how you can recover from it. Their out patient program at Ashwood is also very extensive and in depth. You get to do yoga and go to the gym at in patient and they feed you great food. I would highly recommend this place.

The staff was very caring and invested in my recovery. The facility was very clean. They were very helpful as far as financing went.

Best thing I could have done for myself.

Northpoint was great. Food was especially good. Resources for recovery were made readily available. Staff was polite and relatable.

I really enjoyed northpooint

Staff professional & friendly, anyone needing addiction treatment this is the place for Boise

Going to Northpoint was the best decision I ever made. The staff is amazing!!

NorthPoint Recovery should win an award for best rehab center on Earth. The staff are incredible and genuinly care about their patients every day. They share their own stories of recovery and inspire us all to want what they have; sobriety. The days are perfectly structured with "classes" on our diseases, "processing" things we're battling, exercise, yoga, tai chi, 3 square meals cooked to perfection and amenities that are appropriate to our recovery. Their program is mindblowingly awesome and really works! I've seen many of my peers "graduate" from this facility and they can honestly say they are still sober. We owe our lives to this place.

This place is wonderful..... great staff..... great food....good sober activities.....I would recommend this place to any suffering addict.....they care for everyone like they are family.....

It was definitely a better experiance

I love being a staff member in this amazing rehab.

Life changing experience. The staff was awesome and the counselors were very professional and empathetic. A majority of the staff are in recovery so they know exactly what patients are experiencing.

Big thank you from myself and my family to Northpoint Recovery for giving me toils to stay sober. The staff was amazing and the facility was clran. Thank you!!

Northpoint Recovery changed my life, and made it possible for me to return to school and manage my life again. Amazing staff, and great education.

I am very grateful to the staff and the support they gave me on my road to recovery.

It was the best experience for recovery. They helped me find my happiness and truest self.

Overall experience was great except for where my room was located because I was right across from the nurse's station where everyone likes to talk really loud. The phone was also located there and the TV was mounted to the adjoining wall.

I thought that the program was very beneficial to my husband and our relationship.

My 28 days at Northpoint were life changing. I learned a lot about myself and my chemical dependency, the counselors, techs, nurses, and doctors are extremely helpful. The food was amazing, and the schedule was packed with structure and relevant material. Yoga and the gym also made a huge impact on me that I’m able to carry with me even after discharge. This was my second time in treatment and because of Northpoint, it will likely be my last.

Amazing facility and the admissions team are the best around

The staff really make you feel like you're a person and not just some one who is going to cycle out. The techs, nurses, and clinical team are amazing

Great facility !!!

second rehab I've been too and by far the best amazing staff and counselors and super great food thanks North Point for giving me tools to make a lasting difference in my life.

Best treatment center ever!

the best place to go for new beginnings.

I highly recommend this rehabilitation center for anyone with the desire to recover. Great staff, nurses, and counselors!

Staff and counselors were fantastic an so was the food.

Best program I have ever attended

I participated in a diferant facility prior to this one and there is no comparison this one is amazing good staf great programing and i now have 2yr 2mo sober after leaveing here.

My son came out of the 28 days, a changed man. He has a lot of work left to do, but he has hope and that is something he hasn't had for years!

We were given a daily routine that included fitness, yoga, addiction recovery classes and other interactive education materials. Having this balanced routine and time away from temptation was extremely helpful. I particularly enjoyed the yoga!

The staff's caring and commitment made all the difference. I felt the program was in depth and touch on all aspects of addiction.

So much education and detail. The counselors really want to help you make a change in your life and will guide you through all the changes

The staff was very knowledgeable and kind. I always felt comfortable speaking with counselors, nurses and staff.

They helped me save my life ....

I had a great experience at NPR! The staff went above and beyond to help out patients. They were very passionate about recovery. The facility was very nice, and kept very clean.

Tremendous, experienced staff who serve with passion

Attentive and knowledgeable and attentive staff. Vital emphasis on mindfulness and spirituality.

Excellent! The truly care about each patient.

Northpoint taught me the tools I needed to be successful in my long term sobriety. The staff was compassionate and educated on the disease. The structure of treatment was firm and well planned on a daily basis, they kept me busy and motivated throughout my inpatient stay with them.

The patient to staff ratio is amazing, the amount of compassion is unparralled and the expertise is mind blowing

Amazing. The group was so tight. Staff blew my mind.

Amazing. Northpoint literally saved my life. I could never thank the staff enough.

NorthPoint is amazing. Best staff, great treatment and good people.

NorthPoint has some of the best treatment around. If you read their reviews - you'll see what I mean. Their services are straight-forward and effective. I would recommend them to anyone struggling with addiction.

Northpoint has a few great counselors with amazing personalities, that have been through addiction and uderstand the recovery process and how to properly prepare people for the difficult experience of learning how to live a sober life. This place is horrible for a holistic approach. Detoxing here is miserable, they leave you alone in a room for 3 days without being able to even call any family or friends. After the 3rd day of pretty much isolation, they expect you to be "peppy" and "back to normal". There is alot of drama, trashtalk and childish behavior that is feuled by staff itself. When i was discharged ,after an accusation that i was never given the opportunity to address, staff and counselors made me leave the facility without even allowing me to make a phone call to my mother to ask for a ride.

I can say that this institution helped me to overcome my addiction for years have passed after that and now I think of it without problems like my wife and my children live a life without problems. Something that should narrow is the need to learn when to place a person in such an environment, this is because everyone can not be favorable, this depends on each person.

Know how to treat addiction. Some didn't seem to care about us as people. It was a nice place and I learned a lot. Wish there was more transition help back into normal daily life

Showing respect to their clients, innovative treatments and giving hope were strengths of the facility. Distance you have to travel to reach facility was a weakness. They care about each individual and sees to their needs, treatments. Also their exercise program is excellent.

i think they need more people so they can get things done .