Our Master's Camp in Pikeville, TN

(5 of 5)
277 Boys Camp Rd.
Pikeville TN 37367

Our Master's Camp Philosophy

We place Christ at the helm of everything we do as an organization. From showing program participants extraordinary compassion to carefully preparing delicious meals, God is in all of our motivations. Our parent organization also provides help for those struggling with homelessness as well as hunger in a continuing effort to meet hurting people at their deepest need. Another factor that sets us apart from any other recovery facilities is our cost. Sponsorship cost is reduced greatly by our parent organization which pays over half of the cost for each and every program participant, reducing your expense to just $4,900 for 90 days of in-house care.

• Christian Community
    Our Master’s Camp maintains strong relationships with local churches and Christian support groups in order to develop a faith-oriented community and encourage clients to foster these bonds as well. Clients are invited to attend church services and participate in local Christian support groups regularly.

• Scenic Surroundings
    At Our Master’s Camp, clients are invited to take advantage of exquisite surroundings and picturesque scenery in a serene, secluded environment designed for optimal wellness. Located in the rolling hillsides of Tennessee, clients enjoy fresh country air and vibrant wildlife in a rejuvenating natural setting.

Community Involvement

The Role of Christ at Our Center

Recovery People Can Afford

Kevin Shelton

Our Master's Camp Director

Brother Kevin Shelton became a Marine & served our country until 1997. He married in 2002. In 2004 he was saved when God showed that he, his wife and kids were lost, and that he was not being the husband and father that he needed to be. Not long after this God called Kevin to preach in 2005. Kevin took every opportunity to share God’s promises. He preached at Whitfield County YDC, nursing homes, restaurants, churches, homeless shelters, and also had a radio ministry from 2005-2008. He taught teenage Sunday school classes and worked with youth during this time also.
Kevin volunteered with Providence Ministries preaching and visiting with the men in the Christian drug and alcohol recovery ministry Of Providence Ministries in Dalton Georgia. He and his wife were hired full-time as house parents in the Providence Ministries Rocky Face Boys Home. Kevin was also pastor of Macedonia Baptist Church. Kevin now serves as director of Our Masters Camp, an intensive Christian recovery center operated by Providence Ministries. Kevin loves helping others and spending one-on-one time with the O.M.C. clients. Kevin’s note is: “love others as Christ loves you.”

Ben Parrish

Our Master’s Camp Administrator

Growing up in Knoxville, TN, Ben went to the University of Tennessee. After ten years in active addiction and multiple recovery programs, Ben attended Our Master’s Camp. His stay at Our Master’s Camp was the catalyst for his finding freedom from addiction through Jesus Christ. Having multiple years of sobriety, Ben is passionate about using his personal recovery experience to help the men at Our Master’s Camp. Ben plays a role in admissions, leading classes and groups, and twelve step work. He has been employed with Providence Ministries for two years. He is currently obtaining his addictions counseling license. In all things, Ben operates with the understanding “so if the Son sets you free you will be free indeed”. John 8:36.

ABOUT OUR MASTER’S CAMP

Located on 100 acres of land in the Tennessee foothills, Our Master’s Camp is a Christian nonprofit residential rehab center in Pikeville, Tenn., about 45 minutes north of Chattanooga. It provides Christ-centered substance abuse treatment for men. While core treatment is biblically based, the program also integrates addiction counseling and relapse prevention. Detox services are not available on-site.

According to its website, Our Master’s Camp takes both a clinical and spiritual approach to recovery, with a strong focus on addressing trauma and self-defeating behaviors. The program includes individual counseling, peer support groups, relapse prevention, trauma recovery exercises, and 12-step work. The average treatment length is 90 days, after which clients have the choice to enroll in a Dalton-based sober living program.

A typical day at “camp” begins with showers and room cleaning, followed by a full breakfast. After breakfast, men participate in sermons, Bible study, group therapy, healing-related exercises, substance abuse workbook exercises, counselor-led discussions, and the viewing of inspirational videos. In the afternoons, most clients participate in work therapy activities such as gardening, apple picking and cleaning. Work therapy serves two purposes – men learn valuable skills and become productive members of society. The work also helps keep the rehab running smoothly.

After work, men enjoy free time until dinner and then participate in guest lectures and sermons. Weekends are laid back, and include time off on Saturdays and church on Sundays.

The treatment team includes a certified addiction counselor and a certified clinical supervisor. Many of the staff members are in recovery themselves.

According to the facility's website, clients live in clean, simple bedrooms which they share with a roommate.

Our Master's camp received glowing reviews from the seven alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing. In his written review, Daniel exclaimed: "Our Master's Camp saved my life." Another reviewer, J.O., commented: "After trying several times to quit on my own I finally tried something different. OMC was where God placed me to help me recover from alcohol addiction."

The six former clients who evaluated treatment effectiveness all gave the facility five out of five stars, praising the program's faith-based approach and its kind, compassionate staff. "The steps to recovery are here; the Holy Spirit is here; a new life can absolutely be found here for anyone who is willing to go find it," wrote Aaron in a representative review.

Our Master's Camp received a perfect average rating of five out of five stars based on six Google reviews. [1] Five reviewers were alumni, and all praised the program for saving their lives, including Patrick, who wrote in a representative review: "The best decision I ever made was going to this camp" adding, "I learned so much about God, recovery, and myself the staff are wonderful, and the classes and speakers are great."

Brenda, the sole loved one surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing didn't go into much detail in her survey, but did indicate that the pricing was fair.

On Google, Brian gave Our Master's Camp five out of five stars and credited the facility with saving his son’s life. "This is An Awesome Place To Get Sober. My son has been to many Rehabs in two different states including Texas and Utah. We were not successful with getting my son sober so we decided that we needed a program with a Christian Center for Rehabilitation.... If you are looking to God for help to give up an addiction, contact Out Master Camp. Our Masters Camp saved my sons life!"

The fee for 90 days of treatment is $4,900. Insurance is not accepted.

[1] https://goo.gl/zhzbRB

Published on November 2017

Price was relatively fair.

This was my first treatment, so I can't speak to how Our Master's Camp compares to other facilities. However, I honestly cannot imagine anywhere else having such an overwhelming spirit of love, guidance, and authenticity for the price they're asking. I can hardly imagine anywhere being as genuine as OMC at all, really. There is a healthy balance of discipline and structure with understanding and patience. The staff has forever earned my utmost respect and gratitude because of the change this program made in my life. The staff is understanding, gentle but steadfast, knowledgeable, experienced, and genuinely caring...The dorm leaders, counselors, cooks, and speakers all offer much, in different, but harmonious, ways. The steps to recovery are here; the Holy Spirit is here; a new life can absolutely be found here for anyone who is willing to go find it. If you are struggling with a life broken by addiction, like I was, please believe me when I say-you can get help here! These men will help you if you want it! I cannot imagine going anywhere else for something so vitally important. Thank you Our Master's Camp- I am forever indebted to you for letting God work through you in my life.

OMC was a vital part of my recovery... It was where God got into my life in a big way and totally changed me from the inside out. Great atmosphere, great church family, AWESOME preaching and AWESOME lessons. Counselors were top notch, too. If you are ready to be done with whatever habitual sin is holding you back from being all God intended you to be, then this place is for you. I've recommended it to people I know from my home town.

Our Masters Camp saved my life. I did not know there was another way to live until I walked through the doors here. I fought doing 90 days but realized after that it was the best decision I have ever made. I received the guidance, direction, structure and spiritual connection I needed to begin my walk of recovery. Cutting straight to the core issue, they address the spiritual sickness that holds us from true freedom in Christ. At almost 2 years clean, I thank God for bringing me here.

After trying several times to quit on my own I finally tried something different. OMC was where God placed me to help me recover from alcohol addiction. I suggest this for anyone struggling with an addiction.

OMC (Our Masters Camp) is part of my " Forever Family." I attended OMC in the summer of 2014. I walked in a broken, worn down, self centered man of the world who relied on drugs and alcohol to take away my pain. Three days later I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. And things have not been the same. I recently accepted my One Year Sober medallion from Celebrate Recovery. Walking through the doors at OMC is the biggest hurdle you will face. Just getting there is the hard part. Once you are there, and if you really want to start healing, God will take your broken pieces and start to assemble you back together the way he created you. Remember I walked in a broken, worn down ,self centered man of the world who relied on drugs and alcohol to take away my pain. I left a grateful believer of Jesus who has been delivered from alcohol and drug dependency. I love my entire OMC family. The ones that were there with me, the ones that were there before me, and the ones that will be there after me.

I attended OMC in 2013 for alcohol and substance abuse. Probably 3 of the most influential months of my life. Not only did I work on overcoming my addiction while there, I got to spend 90 days learning the love of jesus. How grace truly works and how to live a a normal life again. My life was self-centered and all I thought of was my next drink. After my 90 days of relearning how to live a Godly life I now know how to live for others and myself and appreciate life again. The staff was great. Loving and compassionate but, firm and consistent as well. I'll always thank God for the staff and all who played a part in loving me back to the person I've become.

Beautiful place with caring people.

JourneyPure Bowling Green
  • Specialized dual diagnosis care and treatment
  • Home-away-from-home atmosphere
  • Focus on spiritual healing and faith-based practices
Mt Sinai Wellness Center