Our Place Recovery in Pompano Beach, FL

(4 of 5)
2301 W. Sample Rd
Pompano Beach FL 33073

Our Place Recovery Philosophy

Our Place Recovery approaches substance abuse as a treatable problem, offering a structured route to recovery that begins with instilling hope. The wellness-based program includes meditation and stress management along with 12-step meetings, individual and group therapy and an emphasis on clean living through detoxifying gym workouts and yoga classes.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Family Therapy

Life Skills Education

Yoga Therapy

Kevin King, BS Education

Executive Director

Kevin is originally from Philadelphia, PA and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in secondary education from Temple University, graduating magna cum laude. Kevin was a history teacher and basketball coach in the Philadelphia area for many years. For the last 10 years, he has become a leader in the chemical dependency arena and has extensive experience working with many of the finest treatment centers in South Florida. Kevin’s energy is never ending as he spends quality time with clients and travels back and forth to Northeast corridor to maintain support for Community Outreach Programs fighting addiction. In his spare time, Kevin invests his own time and resources helping coordinate live music events in conjunction with a number of addiction recovery non-profits. Perhaps his most endearing quality is the passion and empathy he displays for those afflicted by the ravages of addiction.

Taryn Scala, MS, LMHC

Clinical Director

Taryn earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Florida Atlantic University with a major in Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She then went on to earn a Master of Science degree in Mental Health Counseling from Nova Southeastern University. Taryn has nearly 10 years of solid addiction recovery counseling to her credit working with some of the largest treatments centers in South Florida. Her areas of specialty includes dealing with some of the most intricate cases involving client relapse with complicated extenuating factors. Taryn has a unique style which borrows from traditional therapies such as cognitive behavioral, solution focused and person centered. She is thoroughly grounded in the Minnesota Model which emphasizes the twelve step approach. Taryn propels clients towards discovering their own personal assets which allow them to navigate through life’s transitions and difficulties.

ABOUT OUR PLACE RECOVERY IN POMPANO BEACH, FL

Our Place Recovery, located in Pompano Beach, Fla., offers residential and outpatient treatment to individuals struggling with substance abuse. The facility is located one block away from Deerfield Beach on scenic South Ocean Drive. The organization also operates sober living homes under the name “Our House”, including one in Anaheim and one for women in Irvine .

To be admitted, clients begin by calling the facility for a phone assessment. Our Place Recovery accepts clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Although the length of treatment varies by client, Our Place Recovery requires at least a 30 day commitment.

The facility’s treatment program follows the 12-Step model and also incorporates trauma-informed therapy. Throughout treatment, clients receive individual and group therapy, life skills training, nutrition therapy, medication management, psychiatric evaluations, spiritual guidance, urine drug screens, and recreation therapy. Our Place Recovery also offers unique treatments and therapy including yoga and meditation. Families are included in the treatment program through family therapy sessions.

Clients who successfully complete the program are able to participate in the facility’s alumni program after treatment. Alumni participate in monthly dinner meetings as well as weekly meetings at the facility to meet with current clients, and are invited to join a private Alumni Facebook group to stay connected and share encouragement.

The treatment team at Our Place Recovery includes a medical doctor, a nurse, a licensed marriage and family therapist, and a dietitian.

The Our Place Recovery treatment facility houses clients in a home environment with shared bedrooms. The residence is equipped with a kitchen, living room, and family room as well as flat-screen televisions, a game room, barbeque grills, and a pool.

At time of writing, the 17 alumni to submit user reviews were polarized in their assessments of the facility, with some alumni praising the facility as "the best rehabilitation center i have attended," and others warning indivduals to "STAY AWAY."

Of the five alumni polled by Rehabs.com, all wrote that they would recommend Our Place Recovery to a friend or family member seeking treatment. The alumni rated the facility highly for the staff's level of training and experience, with two reviewers giving staff four out of five star ratings, and three reviewers giving five out of five star ratings. Two reviewers indicated that the facility did not match what they saw in marketing materials, citing construction to the main housing residence.

None of the alumni reported that they relapsed after leaving Our Place Recovery. One reviewer commented, “My entire stay it felt like everyone was going to make sure I had every possible emotional, educational and personal strength I needed to get through every aspect of life that I could stumble on or get through.”

At the time of this writing, there had been one former staff member polled by Rehabs.com. The reviewer gave Our Place Recovery good marks across several different metrics and said they would recommend the facility to a friend or loved one considering rehab.

On a scale of one to five stars, the employee gave the facility five stars when asked if leadership of the facility is willing to put clients' interests first. They gave a five-star rating when asked to rate the experience and treatment credentials of the medical staff. They also gave a five-star rating when asked if facility leadership is able to inspire loyalty and a sense of community among clients.

When asked about the strengths of the facility, the staff member wrote, “The staff is the strength, everyone is committed to helping the individuals that come through our doors.” They also added, “The program is designed to keep a small community in order to maximize the individual attention everyone receives.”

There is currently no information provided by Our Place Recovery regarding its costs. However, the facility accepts insurance including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, United Behavioral Health, and Value Options.

Published on January 2018

MMB

I can never say enough to praise and thank OPR for all the caring and support I received from the entire staff and amazing community I was blessed to be a part of. OPR CARES & it shows! Highly recommend, my life has improved in so many ways and OPR has given me hope and lasting friendships. I was reminded of how much fun sobriety can be! Beach trips, movies, workouts @ a beautiful gym, bowling, zoo trips and just grilling by the pool, potluck meals with the community. AAA+++

Steve

My experience at Our Place Recovery was life changing. I arrived in a very broken state without any hope after three years of battling with severe addiction, going in and out of jails and institutions and ruining all of the relationships with loved ones. In a short period of time and with excellent medical, therapy and support staff I was able to finally see life for what it's really worth. It is worth mentioning that the residences were comfortable, a block away from the ocean and with a nice swimming pool. I was able to exercise regularly at an LA fitness, attend daily meetings, and the groups and therapy sessions were the best out of all the six rehabs I have attended. Thank you OPT for giving me my life back. I'm happy to say I have over 6 months clean and a life I am proud of!

Bruce C

This is the best rehabilitation center I have attended. The staff is top notch here, they care very much about there clients who are trying to recover from active addiction. The therapists are 100% invested in there jobs. There's beach activity's and we have A lot of fun in a small community setting. I would recommend this center to anyone who is serious about there sobriety.

Kim

The owners are unprofessional and ethically deplorable. They do not seem to look out for your well being- greed and power comes first at this place. Their outpatient program and halfway houses are a joke. Please do some research and find a place that is ran by people with more integrity and morality.

SW

STAY AWAY. Since being in there care I have received minimal treatment. They let the clients run the asylum. My first month was spent in groups that the patients disrupted with them not stepping in to re direct so I wasted a month. The same people who were disrupting had been to there facility 5-6 times... A few of coarse returned for another PHP stay. I am still in the care at there OP house...Its now 5 days later my complaints have been dismissed I have been threatened with discharge because I stood up for myself. IOP was a total joke it was 3 hrs 3 times a week...I just got a call the owner telling me I have to leave today which will not happen

DT

Staff, residence were nice. I've been sober 6 months so they did something right.

Debbie

My son spent some time here and it was a great experience his counselor always kept me in the loop and went that extra mile for him. Would recommend to anyone looking for a smaller group and personal attention.

Melissa

The very best thing about Our Place Recovery is the caring and respectful staff. These people truly understand the vicious nature of addiction. They\'ve been there, lived it, and share their experience, hope, and strength with their clients. The client\'s welfare and road to recovery are top priorities for the staff. I also appreciated the fact that we were offered opportunities other recovery centers don\'t, such as morning meditation at the beach, and going to the movies. It is important to show people that fun IS possible without drugs and alcohol. I highly recommend this treatment center for anyone seeking help with their addiction.

JC

When I came to OPR I had zero hope that anything could work for me. However, I was quickly redirected by the amazing staff that recovery is for me, and it is possible. My clinician, not only did she help me, she helped my family as well. From the tech staff, to clinical, director of operations, all the way to the top with the ownership; these people do care and they do love recovery. I\'ve seen their passion, and I have felt their love. And my foundation for Recovery started at OPR and they have been a part of my journey for the 20 months i have sober. From PHP, IOP, to OP and even when I got my own apartment in Florida, Our Place gave me direction and a hand when I needed it. I am forever grateful and every time I land foot back in South Florida I\'ll stop by and share my gratitude to them. Thanks again Our Place for all you did for myself and my family.

MG

OUR PLACE PULLED ME FROM DEATH AND SAVED MY LIFE, HAVING NO INSURANCE, I THOUGHT GETTING THE HELP I NEEDED WAS IMPOSSIBLE AND I WAS HEADING FOR DEATH LEAVING MY YOUNG CHILD BEHIND. OUR PLACE TOOK ME IN AND GAVE ME ALL THE HELP I NEEDED, THE STAFF GENUINELY CARED ABOUT ME AND MY WELL BEING. I NOW HAVE OVER 9 MONTHS CLEAN AND MY DAUGHTER BACK IN MY LIFE.

Concerned Parent

Horrible that places like this that's motivated by the money and not the patient. Too many bad situations to name. So take my word for it and stay away. My addict son was not given a fair shot after going through here. ...

S

As a parent we have to have faith that these programs work and that the staff truly do care about each individual. The nurse at this place was extremely rude, not only to my child, but to me as well. My child decided that living in the sober living house was jeopardizing her own recovery and got her own apartment just to learn that since she no longer lived at the sober living house my daughter wasn't allowed to go to the IOP program that she had been going to. We found a doctor that would continue to give her her medicine but she needed all the paperwork that Our Place Recovery had. My daughter contacted the nurse a week prior to her appointment to get all the paperwork and told the nurse that she would be in on a certain day. When that day came and my daughter called the nurse, the nurse told her that she wouldn't have all the paperwork ready and that my daughter shouldn't have given such short notice. I don't know about everyone else, but a week is more than enough time to get her medical release papers gathered up. In my opinion, since they aren't getting thousands of dollars from my insurance company and $60 a month for rent from her, they didn't care as much. This place doesn't care about the individuals, they only care about how much money those individuals will bring in. I will never recommend this place to anyone, not even my worse enemy.

DM

I was recommended here by a good friend whom works in the field and has a lot of info on many different facilities. My living space care and meds were excellent. Their "housing location" was being refurbished, so our living quarters were very nice and as close to what the official housing was. It was just not as near the beach or as private but still very nice. They found me an individual therapist that we both spoke with together and decided on. I still see him will continue as needed. From my first phone call, speaking with the director, I felt comfortable. My entire stay felt like everyone was going to make sure I had every possible emotional, educational and personal strength I needed to get through every aspect of life that I could stumble on or get through. Today life is good.

Christine

The staff was quite supportive during my stay.

LG

It was a great program and it allowed me to change.

CC

I have learned more at Our Place than I have learned at any other treatment program.

RM

The staff is the strength, everyone is committed to helping the individuals that come through our doors. The program is designed to keep a small community in order to maximize the individual attention everyone receives.

MK

I have been sober for almost 2 years and could not have done it without Our Place Recovery!

mk

I was a client in July-August 2013 and received wonderful care to recover from my addiction!