Pathfinders Recovery Center, Scottsdale in Scottsdale, AZ

Call (877) 959-9873 to Contact Pathfinders Recovery Center, Scottsdale

7600 East Redfield Road
Scottsdale AZ 85260

Pathfinders Recovery Center, Scottsdale Philosophy

At Pathfinders Recovery Center, we are committed to helping addicts across The Valley overcome their drug and alcohol addiction. Our team of highly qualified clinical and medical staff have been working with clients struggling with addiction for decades. Many of us have been through the fight against addiction ourselves. We know just how difficult this time can be and how important it is to be surrounded by a supportive, positive environment during early recovery. With the knowledge and experience to help our clients fight their battle against addiction, Pathfinders has the most effective rehabilitation program in the state of Arizona.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

12-Step Based

2:1 Staff to Client Ratio

Individual Treatment Plan

Matt Delapiedra

CEO

Lawrence Briggs

Director Of Operations

ABOUT VALOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE: ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER

Based in the desert of Scottsdale, Ariz., Valor Behavioral Healthcare provides comprehensive programs for individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring disorders. This high-end, state-of-the-art treatment facility provides a long-term residential program, intensive outpatient (IOP) track, family program, and aftercare support. It also offers inpatient medically-managed detox services.

The rehab uses conventional medicine and holistic techniques for patients who require detox. Individuals stay in the eight-bed inpatient detox unit for three to seven days. Aftercare planning may encompass career planning, job placement, assistance with living situations/sober living, and different levels of care at the facility.

Residential patients stay a minimum of 90 days, though treatment may last for up to one year. Participants receive daily transportation to the nearby treatment center where they attend therapy sessions alongside IOP clients, who return home at night.

In addition to 12-Step meetings and group sessions that focus on relapse prevention, anger management, and addiction education, clients attend weekly individual therapy with an assigned, master’s level therapist for evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EDMR). Residents receive life coaching and career guidance, and trained medical staff conduct psychological evaluations and administer medication. Holistic opportunities include yoga, meditation, acupuncture, equine therapy, and addiction-based art and music therapy.

A robust family program includes groups, therapy, and education. Both residential and IOP graduates have access to extensive aftercare support .

Led by an M.D. who specializes in naturopathic medicine, the treatment team comprises a board-certified addictionologist, psychiatrist, licensed professional counselor, case manager, and others.

Valor Behavioral houses up to 18 clients in high-end residential homes. Residents sleep in comfortable, full-size beds and receive clean linens and sheets. Amenities include a stocked kitchen, washer/dryer, built-in BBQ, pool with waterfall, hot tub, and fire pit.

Therapy is supplemented by daily visits to the gym and weekly trips to ballgames, movies, or theme parks. Clients undergo random drug and alcohol testing and perform daily chores to maintain their living space.

Two alumni, to date, who reviewed the facility for Rehabs.com provided positive feedback. Both gave perfect five-star ratings for overall effectiveness of treatment, accommodations, and meals.

Meg praised the staff, treatment modalities, and caring. She wanted Rehabs.com to know: “I felt so comfortable with the staff and the other residents, which allowed me to heal physically, mentally and emotionally.” This was a life-changing experience for Meg: “I think about Valor everyday and will remain forever connected to them for saving my life and for restoring the love and joy that had gone amiss.”

Chris commended the staff and physical setting and told Rehabs.com: “I completed Valor Behavioral's 90-day program and have remained sober ever since. The staff at Valor is top notch and their facilities are extremely nice and clean at all time” and added: “I would recommend Valor to anyone needing treatment. Overall I had a great experience.”

To date, the three loved ones who reviewed the facility, similar to alumni, gave perfect five stars to overall effectiveness, accommodations, and meals. They all would recommend the rehab.

Loved ones praised the staff, physical facility, and support. Andrea told Rehabs.com about her son’s experience: “He needed a place with a structured program, a foundation based on honesty and values but also somewhere he could feel safe. When we found Valor Behavioral Healthcare we knew we found something special.”

J.T. wanted Rehabs.com to know: “The staff is trained and very professional. The houses are very nice and well maintained.” And Katie reported: “They have been there for us and our son through this process and have done everything they said they would. We’ve been to other facilities and none of them compare to Valor.”

The center accepts private insurance, such as Aetna, Cigna, Health Net, Humana, UnitedHealthcare.

Published on June 2017

I was able to contact Pathfinders for some guidance for a friend via their 800 hotline #(the fact that they even have a hotline number is great unto itself). My call was answered by a gentleman who took my questions and gave the time and attention needed and beyond. As many of our stories, I couldn't hold my tears back and was so compassionate in helping me understand what I needed to know to help the person I was inquiring about, but also what I needed to know to help and protect myself. After I found out that one of the owners at Pathfinders, which really speaks volumes on how dedicated he is to not just Pathfinders but people in need of help dealing with recovery or those of us dealing with people we love who are in recovery. Thank you for all your attention, expertise and empathy. Truly, LB

Overall I found myself very disappointed with Pathfinders Recovery Center. Despite what is listed on this site, many of these therapies are not offered. Many of the groups are simply just check in and process groups. There are no educations groups. Very little getting to the root of the addiction, much less addressing the mental health side of the equation. This site advertises EMDR, equine therapy, acupuncture, among other things: none of which are actually offered. The communication among the treatment team is very speradic and everything is subjective and constantly changing. One of the houses is extremely nice and that’s where most people start off. The other house is quiet the opposite and has numerous rats living throughout as well as mold. Not everything is completely bad, but at the end of the day, there are a lot of options out there and you may want to think twice before choosing Pathfinders.

If you are suffering from an addiction, you need to suffer no longer. I hit rock bottom and knew it was time to seek help. I was driven to despair.Having never been to rehab before, I didn’t know where to start. My family and I spent many hours researching numerous treatment facilities. I found Valor and decided to call with some questions and was encouraged by their Mind, Body, and Spirit approach. During that phone call, I felt so much empathy and compassion that it gave me hope that I could maybe live normally again, even though I could not fathom a life without alcohol. I scheduled a visit for the next morning. I was so impressed with the staff’s credentials, the variety of treatment modalities and the warmth and friendliness of everyone! The office feels like a home, not a facility. I decided to make the commitment. Through the course of my care, I received many hours of Group and Individual therapy, Medical doctor visits, Psychiatric evaluations, Acupuncture, Meditation, Cranial-Sacral therapy, Art/Music Therapy, Equine Therapy, Educational Groups, 12-step Meetings, Gym Sessions, Housing, Meals, Weekend Outings and Life Coaching. I felt so comfortable with the staff and the other residents, which allowed me to heal physically, mentally and emotionally. I think about Valor everyday and will remain forever connected to them for saving my life and for restoring the love and joy that had gone amiss. They really do care. Currently, I am living a happy and fulfilling life that I look forward to everyday!

My son has struggled with addiction for over 15 years. He has been in a and out of treatment centers 6 times since he began using and needless to say, It has been very hard on the entire family. Recently, he hit his rock bottom (again) and needed serious help with his addiction. Even though we have lost so much because of his drug use and have told him time and time again that we were done helping, my husband and I decided to help him one last time. We knew he needed something different this go around. He needed a place with a structured program, a foundation based on honesty and values but also somewhere he could feel safe. When we found Valor Behavioral Healthcare we knew we found something special. We were taken back by the hospitably and compassion the staff members exuded. Everyone was (and still are) so kind and caring to us and our son. The facility is impeccably clean and as beautiful as a model home ready for purchase. They gave us a detailed run down of their program and we were beyond impressed with the extensive list of services they offer. They even offer a program that helps them plan for their exit back into the real world; setting them up with a plan, job and a place to live. Our sons favorite services are Equine therapy, yoga, cranial sacral polarity and his group sessions. At first we thought, "Yes it sounds amazing on paper but we've encountered this before. Once our son enters the program we are going to hear all negative things about this place and he wont want to stay for more than a week." We were wrong. Its been a couple of months and our son is doing so well and hasn't sounded this happy and clear since he was a teenager! He tells us how grateful he is for the friendships and support he is building with the others in treatment, he raves about how comfortable and wonderful the house is and how his therapists truly care about each person and take time to help them through their struggles. Our family couldn't be happier and we are all finally getting some rest at night!! We are incredibly grateful for everything Valor is doing for our son! We would recommend Valor Behavioral Healthcare to any one who struggling with this horrible disease!

One of my family members was involved with this center. The main facility is new and well-appointed and is 2nd to none. Many other facilities are old and tired. The staff is trained and very professional. The houses are very nice and well maintained. I would highly recommend that if you have a family member who could use the services of Valor that you talk with them and go visit their facilities and see for yourself.

When we were looking for treatment for our son who is an alcoholic we were thrilled to find Valor. It is a beautiful facility with an amazing staff who truly cared about our son and his recovery. They have been there for us and our son through this process and have done everything they said they would. We've been to other facilities and none of them compare to Valor. We would highly recommend Valor to anyone seeking recovery.

I completed Valor Behavioral's 90-day program and have remained sober ever since. The staff at Valor is top notch and their facilities are extremely nice and clean at all times. I entered treatment in a bad place but quickly got comfortable and it truly felt like a home. I would recommend Valor to anyone needing treatment. Overall I had a great experience.