Pathways to a Better Life, LLC in Kiel, WI

Call (920) 894-1374 to Contact Pathways to a Better Life, LLC

13111 Lax Chapel Road
Kiel WI 53042

Pathways to a Better Life, LLC Philosophy

The primary goal at Pathways is to provide a safe, family-style setting for individuals suffering with the disease of addiction. The residential drug and alcohol rehab offers 90-day treatment plans and a variety of therapeutic modalities to teach clients how to maintain a healthier lifestyle, manage overwhelming feelings and enjoy a better quality of life. Non-judgmental care is given within a holistic model, addressing the physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs that substance abuse blocks. Clients learn how to participate in daily life without alcohol and drugs, and develop the skills necessary to live a fulfilling and independent life in sobriety.

Clients are provided residential treatment programs in a supportive, homelike setting designed for optimal healing. Most residential treatment plans last about 90 days. Residents receive monthly counseling assessments to review clients’ progress.

Private Rooms

Comfortable Family Atmosphere

Family Education and Dynamics

ABOUT PATHWAYS TO A BETTER LIFE, LLC

Set on 38 rural acres in Kiel, Wis., Pathways to a Better Life offers residential and sober-living services for adult men and women struggling with substance abuse and dual diagnosis, making it one of just 99 (13.6 percent)facilities in the state to do so.

Additionally, Pathways is one of the only five (1.8 percent) residential treatment enters in the state to have detox services available on-site.

The detox center is a medically-monitored, 12-bed residential facility. Counselors meet with each resident to determine the level of treatment needed and assist with both voluntary and involuntary treatment placements within the community.

The average length of stay in the transitional residential program is 60 days, but clients’ progress is reviewed weekly. Treatment is based on the 12-Steps, which are supplemented by evidence-based programs such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). The center also offers family counseling, in the shape of family group sessions on Saturdays.

Pathways to a Better Life aims to treat the mind, body, and spirit, and to provide opportunities for sober social interaction. There are dedicated programs for LGBT clients, a feature of only 38 (13.6 percent) Wisconsin treatment facilities, though the organization does not provide details of these.

Pathways also leases local apartments, which it rents to graduates of the residential program as sober-living facilities.

The organization employs registered nurses to supervise on-site detox, and the website makes note of licensed substance abuse and mental health counselors on staff. Additionally, 99.7 percent of Wisconsins substance abuse treatment centers have continuing education requirements for staff.

The single individual polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the center five out of five stars for its staff’s level of training and experience — despite writing, “Some of the staff members weren't too knowledgeable about the in-depth nature of the practices.”

This facility offers highly-individualized care, housing up to 12 detox clients and 16 residential clients at a time, while non-hospital based treatment programs usually have a higher median of 18 residential clients at any given time. Individuals sleep in two separate homes, some of them private. The grounds sprawl over 38 acres of woods, and there is a lake on-site. The single individual polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the facility four stars for both its accommodations & amenities and its meals & nutrition, and five stars for its cleanliness.

The sole alum to submit feedback to Rehabs.com at the time of this writing awarded treatment effectiveness five out of five stars. This reviewer praised the level of family participation and the staff support, and commented, "Not only was i taught about addiction and recovery but I learned daily living skills, art therapy, I learned who I was again!!"

On Google, a 4.3-average rating has been reflected through 13 reviews to date.[1] Two critical alumni felt the facility was poorly maintained, the food was dissatisfying, and the cost was high. "Outdated materials," T.E. added. The other 11 reviewers, however, left only positive comments, describing the program as "top notch," the staff as "professional," and the community as "genuine." C.S. explained, "The counselors were went above and beyond," and J.P. stated, "The best treatment center in Wisconsin."

Three loved ones submitted feedback to Rehabs.com to date. T.C. expressed gratitude to the staff for showing love and care to the family members as well as the residents, and S.M. echoed, "It's so peaceful and a lot of healing takes place for not only the addict but the entire family affected by addiction."

The third, anonymous loved one gave the facility three stars for its holistic options, and four or five stars for all 14 of the other evaluated treatment metrics, including its overall effectiveness, family programming, counseling options, and treatment for co-occurring disorders. “I had a great experience while my father was with this facility. Despite some minor issues with certain programs and staff knowledge, everything went smoothly,” this individual wrote — though they added that some of the staff members seemed to lack knowledge.

Treatment costs $8,250 per month. The center offers some financial assistance. The single individual polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave the center four stars for its affordability.

Published on April 2018

Sarah

I love how much nature is incorporated into this facility. Unfortunately I applied for a job here and overheard them talking about how I was "a flake". Very unprofessional behavior by staff. Felt like I was very unwelcome.

Chris

I wouldnt changes thing..This place changed my life and my spiritual connection while I was there was unreal..Awesome counselors loved it.

Tony

PSS's and counselors are wonderful...management and corporate have a lot to learn. The place could be much more organized. With that being said, results for many show that they don't need to have organization within the office or billing correct, they have the right people to help the addicts and alcoholics . Recommenced this place to you but be ready for some headaches with management.

ag

Please visit the treatment facility before going to the headquarters.

Lonnie

The was my first time ever in a inpatient at pathways in Keil, Wisconsin I wasn't fully instructions on how my intake was gonna go I admit I have a problem/ Issue with drinking Now I'm at headquarters and since I was told nothing I knew nothing so I was going to leave, staff were unprofessional not discussing with me details, staff had went into the office and proceeded to talk about me poorly "what was I expecting? Well I didn't know what to expect 1st time to a inpatient and some staff went to making fun at my expense with others that I would drink chemicals and How I was sitting waiting on a ride for 4hours and that I had no insurance and terrible patient communication No medication for days, And left out the door because of overheard putdowns in rainy, snowy cold day lost because not from Keil, Wisconsin I had to sit at the sheriff's station for 2 more hours no-good Bad place.

KE

The family life atmosphere combined with staff that have been in my shoes before really gave me HOPE!! Not only was i taught about addiction and recovery but I learned daily living skills, art therapy, I learned who I was again!! I learned to set small daily goals and that helps me get to me bigger goal!!!

TC

Pathways saved my loved ones life! The caring staff is wonderful and loving not only to the residents but also the family members. If you or a loved one are looking for rehab this facility is a must!

S.M.

I would highly recommend pathways for anyone suffering addiction. My daughter has been thru many treatments and jail. This place saved her life and brought our family back together!! My daughter is now clean off drugs for 18 months. The staff and counselors are amazing there, very family oriented. It's so peaceful and a lot of healing takes place for not only the addict but the entire family affected by addiction...I have never been so happy!!! Thank you pathways so much for everything that you do and saving my daughter's life!!

Strengths: Educational and Social programs Honoring individual spiritual beliefs. Weakness: Some of the staff members weren't too knowledgeable about the in-depth nature of the practices. I had a great experience while my father was with this facility. Despite some minor issues with certain programs and staff knowledge, everything went smoothly. It did not give me a negative view of this facility.