Penfield Christian Homes, South Campus in Alapaha, GA

(5 of 5)
15320 US Hwy 129
Alapaha GA 31622

Penfield Christian Homes, South Campus Philosophy

For more than 30 years, Penfield Christian Homes has offered hope to men suffering from the disease of addiction. Our faith-based rehabilitation treatment facility believes that recovery is possible through spiritual renewal, and strives to help clients reclaim their health, happiness, and inner peace. Treatment addresses the whole person, body, mind and spirit, by assisting clients to bring these areas into balance by cultivating a personal relationship with God that provides them with the ability to nurture relationships with family, friends, and others.

• Process Abuse Treatment
    Not all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.

We teach the medical aspects of addiction.

We teach the nature of relapse and recovery through Relapse Prevention Counseling.

We teach the Biblical Doctrine of God’s Grace and Love.

Walter E. Muller, MA, MAC, CADC II, ICADC

South Campus Director

Photo of Walter E. Muller, MA, MAC, CADC II, ICADC

Walter has a BA in Psychology from the College of Santa Fe, NM, and an MA in Counseling from Webster University, MI. He has been counseling professionally for the past 15 years, and is credentialed by the state of Georgia and internationally as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. Walter is grateful and blessed to have answered God's call to minister to the chemically dependent through his service at Penfield.

ABOUT PENFIELD CHRISTIAN HOMES, SOUTH CAMPUS

Based in Alapaha, Ga., Penfield Christian Homes has provided faith-based substance abuse treatment since 1979. While the ministry serves both adult men and women, the South Campus provides residential treatment exclusively to men. It's one of 130 substance abuse treatment centers in Georgia (45 percent of all treatment facilities in the state) to provide treatment specially tailored to men. It's also among the 32 percent of Georgia facilities that accepts criminal justice clients.

Penfield Christian Homes’ residential women’s facility, Heart Campus, is located in Lavonia.

Individuals who are interested in enrolling in Penfield’s residential program must first participate in a phone interview and gain medical clearance, indicating that they are not in need of detox services.

Programming is Christian-based and treats addiction as “a lifestyle related health problem with biological, psychological, sociological, and spiritual dimensions.” Treatment typically lasts six weeks, making Penfield one of 51 substance abuse treatment facilities in Georgia (just 18 percent of all non-hospital facilities in the state) to offer a long-term residential program that lasts more than 30 days.

The highly structured program includes group and individual counseling, along with educational activities, relapse prevention guidance, family activities, spirituality groups, and worship services. Clients also participate in 12-step groups and recreational activities.

According to the facility’s website, the staff includes a licensed social worker and multiple certified drug and alcohol counselors.

Penfield’s South Campus is located on seven acres of farmland. Clients sleep in dormitory-style accommodations and are expected to complete daily chores. Approved family members may visit during designated weekend hours. Residents have access to a gymnasium with a full basketball court, table tennis, and exercise equipment. A baseball diamond is also located on the facility’s property.

William, the one alum surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, gave Penfield a highly positive review. He awarded the facility five out of five stars across almost all metric he evaluated, including cleanliness, counseling options, faith-based programming, and the staff's level of training and experience. When asked, on a scale from one to five, if he would recommend the facility, William gave a rating of five. "I went through program and have been clean since," he wrote.

Penfield's South Campus also fared well on secondary sites, where it earned an average rating of 4.2 out of five stars based on five Google reviews[1] and received a five out of five star rating based on the opinions of 44 people on Facebook[2]. Across both sites, former clients described the facility as a strong faith-based program that's well run and highly effective. "Going to Penfield was the best decision I have ever made for my recovery," Robert wrote on Google in a representative review. "In addition to learning about the 12 steps and relapse prevention I rededicated my life to the Lord."

To date, the four loved ones polled by Rehabs.com also gave Penfield's South Campus positive feedback. In addition to indicating that treatment was effective for their family members, they also noted that the rehab offered helpful programming for family. In a representative review, S.E.R. described the rehab's family day as "the best and most informative session I have attended. One of the male staff members in particular was wonderful in that he conveyed the information on Addiction in a manner that I could understand and remember."

Penfield is a self-pay program and does not accept insurance. According to the facility’s website, admissions staff are available to assist clients in making financial arrangements prior to treatment.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/penfieldrecovery/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on December 2018

I thoroughly believe that this will be a great bridge foundation for my loved one's continued treatment, and successfully maintained sobriety. Thank you for all that y'all do! The facility appeared to be strong in the areas of clinical education for both the person in treatment and their family.I have not determined any such weaknesses at this time in my loved one's recovery.

My husband and I attended orientation/Family Education Day in 1-18, and I can't stress enough, the help it gave us, and the Information my son has gotten. First and foremost , I I encourage everyone to read , Mid-Brain & The Beast, by, Dallas Bennett! Learn the symptoms, of Co-Dependencey,which we both were for way too long... and this is So dangerous for your' loved one, four stages of recovery,process of relapse,and changes,you and your loved one have too do. The Counselors here have got too be the best. I am still in awe, at the knowledge, and love for these men , that the staff has for our loved ones. My husband and myself felt like the counselor, was talking about his own loved one . Do your research people, I did mine & so glad I spent the time Doing so !

I went through program and have been clean since and got a personnel relationship with with god and my son is the program doing good

Attended Family Day at Penfield South Campus. It was the best and most informative session I have attended. One of the male staff members in particular was wonderful in that he conveyed the information on Addiction in a manner that I could understand and remember.

We are thrilled to hear that the Family Education Day was such a help to you. Thank you for supporting Penfield with your review. God bless

Family visits on weekends.

Thank you for your outstanding review of Penfield Christian Homes. God bless