Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services

2255 Broadway Drive, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39402

3.2

About Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services

Pine Grove has gained a reputation as one of the most comprehensive mental health and substance abuse treatment facilities in the country. Since 1984, the drug and alcohol treatment center has been providing individuals with high-quality, cross-disciplinary addiction care that effectively addresses all facets of the disease. The facility is committed to changing lives through broad-reaching treatment options, giving each client the education and tools necessary to live a long and fulfilling life of sobriety.

Residential Treatment

Detox

Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

• Relapse Prevention Counseling
  • Nutrition Services
  • Spiritual Services
Financial Details
  • On a case by case basis, Pine Grove will determine whether a patient may benefit from scholarship assistance.

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT PINE GROVE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH & ADDICTION SERVICES

Set on 22 acres of wooded land in southern Mississippi, Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services provides both residential and outpatient treatment to adults, adolescents, and children struggling with substance use and/or psychiatric disorders. The facility offers a wide range of specialized services, including gender- and age-specific addiction programs, treatment for co-occurring disorders, and a program for sex addiction. Pine Grove is also one of only 11 substance abuse treatment programs in Mississippi (just 12 percent) to offer medical detox services.

The initial evaluation includes extensive psychological testing and addiction evaluation. Clients are then assigned to the appropriate program for treatment. In addition to the sex addiction program, which is called the Gratitude, there are programs for men (Next Step) and women (The Women’s Center). The Legacy program is specifically designed for clients age 55 and over. There's also a specialized track for professionals.

Treatment varies slightly from program to program, but all use the same basic principles. The center utilizes individual and group therapy, and treatment is grounded in 12-step philosophy. Evidence-based practices such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) are combined with experiential activities like art therapy and weekly rope-course challenges. A one-week family program is also offered for loved ones.

Outpatient services include assessments, medication management, individual therapy, marital therapy, and family therapy.

According to the center’s website, because it is an extension of Forrest General Hospital, Pine Grove has a full medical team on staff. The facility also employs a psychiatrist, an addictionologist, and a certified dietitian, as well as nurses, clinical therapists, and counselors.

Residents live in community environments with their treatment group. The entire campus is smoke-free. Of particular note is the Women’s Center, which houses clients in a renovated inn with an outdoor pool. Residents live in shared rooms.

More than a dozen former clients have been surveyed by Rehabs.com to date. On average, they gave Pine Grove mediocre feedback, awarding their highest average ratings to the rehab for its staff and its cleanliness.

Staff's level of training and experience: 3.6/5 stars
Facility cleanliness and upkeep: 3.4/5 stars

"This center is very professional and the staff is super helpful and smart! Faculty is super nice and the center was very clean," wrote an anonymous alum in a review representative of positive feedback.

The rehab did not fare as well when it came to extracurricular activities, and a number of former clients noted that the program lacked holistic offerings and counseling options.

Exercise and leisure activities: 2.6/5 stars
Counseling options: 2.8/5 stars
Holistic offerings: 2.8/5 stars

"They could use more holistic interventions and more family involvement," an anonymous alum noted.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.4 stars

On Google[1], Pine Grove received similar mixed feedback, earning an average rating of 3.4 out of five stars based on 46 Google reviews[1]. Staff were widely praised ("The best thing about Pine Grove is the staff! They really let me know that they cared about me," William wrote) and many former clients reported finding success with the program. However an equal amount of reviewer had complaints that ranged from poor amenities to rude staff.

Nearly two dozen loved ones were surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, and most of them gave the facility high marks for its upkeep, its connectivity and visitor policies, and its staff's credentials.

Facility cleanliness and upkeep: 4.1/5 stars
Staff's level of training and experience: 3.7/5 stars
Connectivity/visitor policy: 3.6/5 stars

"The facility really helped my aunt," wrote one anonymous family member in a representative review. "We were able to keep in touch with her and the treatment has drastically improved her life."

The two staff members who were surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave mixed reviews.

One staff member, Darrin, gave only two out of five stars for the effectiveness of treatment and the quality of the food and accommodations, but he praised the "quality medical staff."

However, another former staff member gave Pine Grove four- and five-star ratings for its treatment effectiveness, pricing, and the staff's level of training and experience. He wrote: “I worked at this facility for several years. I saw many patients start on their road to recovery through this facility.”

Pine Grove accepts most major insurance providers and offers financing options to cover the cost of treatment. The facility’s official website does not provide the exact cost of treatment, but does state that it varies depending on program, length of stay, insurance, and other variables.

Accreditations & Licenses
  • NAATP
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

3.2/5
    3.4/5
    3.2/5
    3.1/5

• Bill
    Great experience Best 72 days of my life
  • K
    This was an awful facility. I went to talk about outpatient treatment for depression/anxiety and they said I said I was going to kill myself. At no point was I suicidal, just stressed out and wanted therapy. They cut up my clothes because they had "strings" on them. A doctor saw me ONE time and that was to discharge me. They threatened my parents over the phone with "keeping [me] as long as they wanted" and that they would commit them if they came to the facility in person. There was nothing to do and I didn't receive any individual therapy. As I was involuntarily held, I didn't have any toiletries and they refused to provide any so I could only shower and wash my mouth out with water. Staff were incredibly rude and demeaning. One sweet nurse pulled me aside and told me if I pretended to be "normal" I would be able to leave. They tried to make me sign consent forms after I was discharged. For the privilege of staying in the women's unit I got to pay thousands of dollars for no care and later was diagnosed with PTSD from the experience. Try to avoid this place.
  • Kathleen
    I was recently released from PGBH. The only thing good about this place were the RNs and a few other wonderful staff members. I had an incident where I got agitated with some of the staff and walked away with a styrofoam cup half filled with ice. But the frustration grew stronger and I threw the cup towards a corner, walked away again to a quiet room to deescalate my anger. In 5 minutes 2 security guards came in with one of them ridiculing, humiliating, and belittling me. I begged him to stop but he never did; he only kept on and after my temper flared again due to this beratement, I was dragged to another unit in handcuffs.
  • Tg
    Be very careful in dealing with this addiction center. They misrepresented and said my insurance would cover everything but a nominal amount and then after my stay billed me for $23,000. Many aspects and professionalism of the treatment were subpar as well.
  • Mari
    This treatment place was a place of fear and disgrace To me. When it should not be a place of fear. The workers there are very rude to the patients. I just think this place needs to be revaluated because the treatment there was no good for me. Instead it made me worse when I got out. But eventually I got counseling. When I did get out I was crying because that place scared me and was a lot of nasty things going on.. Anyways I talked to others and they felt the same way. So it wasn’t just me. I actually plan on becoming a therapist to help others but they were not setting a good example.So I definitely know what not to do. Thankfully and hopefully one day that place will eventually get better or worse! And I would rather find another mental health hospital somewhere else before I go here.
  • TT
    PEP is the worse program ever. I couldn’t say it better than C. Newman in google reviews. Please don’t go there if you value your career. They don’t know what they are doing and they are super expensive for no apparent reason. They consistently add new diagnosis to you, move your discharge date and place so much emphasis on lie detector tests (which you have to pay for apparent from your cost) and impose their Christian views on to you and your diagnosis.
  • Donna
    My mother who is 72 years old was having a problem and her doctor had her sent to pine grove. I called the facility to find out what clothes, meds, toiletries etc I should bring. She only stayed 3 days but I packed 5 days worth of items for her. The room she was given had a broken shower so she didn't get a shower for the 3 days she was there. She wears depends because she is incontinent and was only given 2 for the 3 days she was there. Out of the 5 suits of clothes I sent her she only wore 1 cause that's all she was given. I told them when I brought her clothing and toiletries that she has a tendency to not eat so to please make sure she eats. She was weak when I picked her up on day 3 because she had barely eaten. She ate at my home like she hadn't eaten in a week. It was because they were over crowded that they couldn't or wouldn't watch what was going on. They had maybe 6 people were she was housed. The only thing nice I can say is the operator I talked to daily was extremely nice. But as for everything else, this place needs to be shut down!! Nothing nice to say about the treatment or condition of my mother when she came out!
  • K.
    I entered pine grove for an eating disorder in my mid 20’s. I am now in therapy (CPT) to deal with what I endured. I had no addiction, only an eating disorder. They pressured me several times to admit that I was an addict, forcing me to attend NA meetings, and insisting that I call myself an addict over and over because “it’s the same part of your brain”. Other women who were struggling were constantly threatened to be sent to “a higher level of care” in the most sinister way, and it was a well known fact to women who had been there longer than I had that this was used as a threat. Behave or go to a state hospital. I heard them make this threat to a woman having a panic attack. When I asked for them to refocus my treatment to addressing my eating disorder and not an imaginary addiction that they wanted me to have (I don’t even drink or smoke!), they refused. I left against medical advice to pursue outpatient treatment, and they immediately called my family and told them not to speak to me because I “got into an altercation”, which was an outright lie. I have since overcome my eating disorder, but with absolutely no thanks to this awful and overhyped nightmare center. As a cherry on top, they refused to acknowledge that I was in treatment to my university, and I was kicked out of college for 3 weeks of unexcused absences. It very nearly ruined my life. I would never recommend this center. I hope they have made significant changes in the past 6 years.
  • AMD
    i can accept no phone privileges for clients the first 14 days. Absolutely no contact from pine Grove staff for first 8 days is unacceptable. This is not how to help a family trying to cope with a loved one in rehab. Lack of connection to family member is traumatic and isolating. Based on cost of program, I expected more communication from a nationally recognized program.
  • Richard
    My wife is a severe alcoholic. This was her third rehab facility attempt (approx. 30 days at the others) and we thought that the 3rd time was the charm. Expected her to be there 60-90 days with Blue Cross agreeing to the needed treatment, until the day she said that she didn't have any alcohol craving. That was LESS THAN 30 DAYS! She was asked to either come up with an additional $17k out of pocket to complete 60 days or leave since the insurance company refused to pay any longer for in-patient care. She started IOP within days and within 2 days after that started drinking again. The bottom line is that if you have a loved one that needs help, the facility needs to actually care about the patients. They are in it only for the money and made NO effort as far as I can tell to encourage the insurance company to continue the inpatient care. If you are considering helping a loved one by getting them into this facility, just be aware that if they want to leave to continue their addition, all they have to do is say, I don't have the urge any longer. Then, it is reported to the insurance co (at least Blue Cross) and you no longer have any coverage for inpatient. Guess you're cured. What a joke..... It was well maintained and allowed some unexpected freedoms for clients. They seemed to have no interest in completion of her treatment. No follow up phone call after her release and no explanation of the efforts (if any) to persuade the carrier (Blue Cross) to continue treatment.
  • mary
    Terrible place. they are more interested in filling the beds than they are in treatment. management is disorganized and dishonest.
    Grateful for the staff and program, which helped my loved one not only survive but thrive. The program included a vital family week to allow the family to recover from the impact of addiction and focus on our own needs as well as supporting our loved one during his recovery. Family week was well run and well structured to meet needs of family and patient. Lead staff literally wrote the books on the addiction facing our loved ones and were instrumental in establishing the protocols and program that led to his long-term recovery.
  • Donna
    I cannot give my PG treatment facility (specifically the Legacy program) enough accolades for helping me get my life back! I went through another treatment facility that wasn’t equipped to help me. Being with people MY age, through similar issues oh my stars!!! What a difference! I am 2 years and almost 2 months SOBER because of the tools help and support I received then and still today. LOVE PG...they are more than another treatment facility. They are my extended family.
  • CWN
    The drug and alcohol rehab is a standard 12 step 90 day deal. I am a physician and got moved over to the professional enhancement program. I was there for 6 weeks and went back every 6 months for 4 years. I changed my care and I'm much more relaxed. Avoid the professional enhancement program. Look up the assessments in Kansas. The PEP program therapists are not bad people. It is a very intense place. You will be followed with polygraph tests. It is an environment where it easy to get overdiagnosed and overtreated.
  • RPPL
    All I have to say is that the staff is very rude.
  • Olivia
    I attended PG in 2016, and this placed saved my life! It was the first time, and only time, I have been to rehab; and I have now been sober for 2.5 years! I gained so much from the program. I now work at a treatment center in south Florida, and seeing the way these money hungry places are run makes me appreciate PG and it’s structure and all of the genuine help it had to offer. The majority of the negative reviews are here are from a while back I assume because that is nothing like how it is now. Taking cold showers? Being required to dress in the bathroom only? Homeless person living there? NO, nothing like that occurs at PG. it is an extremely professional environment with a staff that has the upmost highest expectations of each patient as they believe everyone has the potential. The money is worth sending your loved one here, believe me!
  • SMF
    Excellent program of professionals that get to the core of your issues. The family program is difficult but the outcome brought my family much closer. I would highly recommend Pine Grove to anyone seeking quality treatment.
  • K
    Entered for eating disorder, received almost no specialized care, all treatment and therapy was addiction-based. Received outpatient treatment after leaving. Diagnosed PTSD from the experience. Good treatment for addicts, terrible for eating disorder patients.
  • Gigi
    Pine Grove gave me my life back. I am an alcoholic. I entered PG in 2014 with my life ready to collapse in on me because of my drinking. The rigid structure, great counseling, in house and outside meetings and assigned book work was just what I needed to learn to live again. As a patient,we were held to a strict schedule of counseling, exercise and ahealthy diet. It was at PG where I learned to be honest with myself which was key to my recovery. I not only learned to live life One Day at A Time without drinking, I have also learned that to deal with life and everyday situations. The tools they gave me have been invaluable to my success. I was a defeated woman when I arrived at PG at the age of 49. Today I live a full and happy life and will be forever grateful to Pine Grove.
  • T.P.
    Pine Grove Women's Center is the WORST! I would not recommend it to anyone! They treated me very rudely and even allowed the other patient there to treat each other very rudely. I feel like I did not get the care I needed and I was only judged and criticized! Definitely not worth the thousands of dollars it costs to stay there.
  • Sds
    Horrible, filthy, dirty. PTSD was not addressed. Compounded the problem. Female patients ganged up at lashed out with counselor provocation! There was a homeless person living there that attacked everyone. My experience here made me realize, I will never send anyone I love to a treatment center. Period! Much more harm than good!
  • LB
    Pine Grove is an amazing facility that offers tremendous treatment. The staff are all very kind and work hard together to provide the best care for their patients. I attended the Professional Enhancement Program and I struggle to understand the negative reviews about this program. They are dedicated to helping you understand way you impact other people with your behavior so of course that is not easy to hear, but in the end your learning this information allows you to change. Without this program I would be stuck in patterns I have used my entire life and now I can have true intimacy instead of people staying angry/frustrated with me. So yes, it was a very difficult program but I would never want to go back to my life before. I'm forever indebted to everything I received under their care and will remain forever grateful!
  • GG
    Most of the staff are indifferent or very rude. The rooms are dorm style and very noisy and you are required to keep lights on so the staff can monitor you as you sleep. They tell you to dress in the bathroom, as that is the only place you aren't on camera, The showers are cold (to keep people from scalding) and the water puddles into the bathroom. The beds are old hospital beds with even older, very hard, spring mattresses. The cafeteria now has a "fresh" salad bar so it was nice to find a few vegetables or sometimes some fruit in the morning. If coming here means life or death, it's better than having nothing and nowhere to go. I wouldn't recommend this facility if you have access to somewhere else.
  • DF
    The Women's Center is inderstaffed. Patients do not participate in their treatment plans or discharge plan. Did not receive scripts or discharge plan upon discharge. Meals were very restrictive and limited choices. No one on staff is actually in recovery. would not recommend
  • CEB
    Strengths:Everything but the food. Counselors are amazing and very relatable. Weakness:the food .They lay an entire box of tools out on the table for the patients to use; and make it easy for the patients to understand how to use them.
  • MKG
    Strengths:The doctor was nice, and there were a couple of nice ladies who worked there. Weakness:This place was terrible. For the high ranks it gets, I was shocked. I was admitted to the closed unit and the nurses and staff were EXTREMELY rude. The place reeked and was disgusting. They didn't listen to the patients nor did they care what the patients needs were. Phone time was SO strict.. I was told to "take deep breaths" when I told one of the nurses i had anxiety and needed help. SO disappointed and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Pine Grove may be a good place to heal, however not the inpatient closed unit area. The food is disgusting.
  • S.S.
    Pine Grove is great depending what program your going in. The drug and addiction stuff is all very good but they also treat local psychiatric and seriously mentally ill at a separate location. I can imagine being committed or held for observation is not pleasant but I never had to experience any of that being at the womens facility.
  • T.O.
    I checked myself in to Pine Grove Women\'s Center hoping to receive help for alcohol abuse AND depression BUT that didn\'t happen!!! The only thing they addressed was alcohol/drug addictions and when I asked about the the treatment of my depression, they threatened to send me to the psych ward! If you are ONLY in need of alcohol or drug rehab, PG is okay! If you need a dual diagnosis facility, DO NOT go to Pine Grove!
  • M.M.
    I honestly feel like Pine Grove is a hack establishment. I have had one friend and one family member recently go for suicide attempts and both times, when I asked them how the therapy was going each one (on seperate occassions) replied \"Well not really at all. We have \"group\" therapy.\" Apparently they don\'t have one on one therapy sessions regularly with their own specific Dr. that really address the needs and issues of the patients. The close (minor) family member of mine that went gained 6 pounds in one week when she went . She told us all they did was feed her terrible food and attend those group therapy sessions. My other friend said that they had to write their names on a sheet of paper and then find a word that describes them for each letter of their name as one of the group therapy exercises. I\'m no mental health professional but that sounds like utter nonesense. They LOVE doping the patients up though apparently. My family member that went was a minor and they needed the mothers permission to administer meds...
  • Gen
    I was forced into treatment one time... I stayed there two days no individual accounts and nobody cared about you the only thing anyone ever cared about is keeping their routine to their satisfaction and every time they said something all the patients better jump or they will treat you even worse I recommend never to go to this hospital if you have borderline personality or a psychiatric disorder unless you are also doing a boatload of drugs and alcohol then that is the place for you
  • VG
    excellent, compassionate care. I was given the tools to leave and stay sober for a year now, and it has not been an easy year. No hospital environment is perfect, you will never like everyone you come in contact with...especially if you are beginning to recover from trauma and or addiction. You only get out of these programs what you put into them. So if you arrive to nitpick your treatment and diagnose your medical professionals, you aren\'t going to be \'happy\' anywhere. This place saved my life and my marriage. It was painful, uncomnfortable and I learned a lot about myself that has served me well since I have left. It\'s no more religious than a 12 step meeting and the staff made every effort to accomodate my spiritual needs and I am not a christian. They can help you if you want to be helped.
  • OG
    Left after three days. I have private insurance, which paid for 80% of the bill ($7000). I hope my insurance followed up. At least half of patients were on Medicaid. I\'m sure they must bill Medicaid differently. I\'m sure those on government assistance prefer Pine Grove over the state hospital. That being said, the next time I have an \"existential crisis\", I will take my dogs camping for a week or two instead of seating help locally. The psychiatrist that spoke to me for 15 minutes was especially horrible, but I\'ll complain about him elsewhere. Stay away if you are actually seeking to improve yourself.
  • Michael
    I went to Pine Grove in may for opiate addiction. Having no other rehab experience to judge it by, I liked it till I left an went to Copac. The counselors at Pine Grove are hit an miss. Two of the women are good while one of the men staff members is so so. They thrive on instigating conflict bw clients an love to pick out favorites an reward people who snitch on other people having tobacco or petty issues. They also lied to us about not knowing what was wrong with the computer being slow only to later find out they did that on purpose. They treat tobacco like its heroin an caused a lot of resentment toward me. I wok led highly recommend going to Copac in Brandon, Ms over pine Grove any day of the week. I was clean at pine Grove but got sober at Copac. THE HEAD guy of Pine Grove drug rehab is really nice but is a liar an a manipulative push over.
  • PG
    This place is a complete joke. They claim to be a dual diagnosis facility but have no idea how to approach a patient with mental illness. A psychiatrist was supposed to follow up on my blood tests with me 2 days after results were back and it took 3 weeks for me to even see a doctor. When I finally spoke with a psychiatrist he was unable to recognize my bizarre behavior as hypo manic. Baffling to me in hindsight. I would never recommend nor have I ever recommended Pine Grove to anyone. 12 steps does not work and I was repeatedly forced to attend meetings and chastised for not believing in a higher power. Simply put, 12 steps does not work. Broken down, the success rate is barely 10%. It is not worth the money or time to send a loved one or attend a 12 step program. Especially Pine Grove. The \"professionals\" here are misguided as to what constitutes a healthy and proper recovery and they will misguide you or your loved one. I was sent home before completing \"treatment\" because my parents were told they did not have the facilities to accommodate me. All in all, this place is a disaster.
  • DR
    Family Program was strong. Weak documentation practices, inexperienced therapists, minimal mental health support, lack of communication with family on tough cases. The food is completely unhealthy. Much of the cooking is done with large quantities of butter, cream and lard. Excessive portions of meat. I would not be comfortable sending a diabetic to Pine Grove. The psychiatrist is just there for show. They do not put much effort into supporting patients from a mental health perspective. Patients with co-occurring mental health conditions would be much better served at another facility. Next Step is not afraid to hire therapists who have just completed a Masters program to work with patients. It's Hattiesburg though and I understand why they have a difficult time finding experienced, talented therapists. Pine Grove has a brand name and brand equity that's been built up over the years. In reality, they don't have a deep bench of talent and they are not making an effort to improve their existing team. Do not expect to find seasoned therapists working with your loved one. The experienced team members sit in their offices most of the day rather than work closely with the patients. The day to day work is done by low level, second or third rate therapists. I wouldn't trust my dog with these therapists. Their bios are still not on the website despite numerous requests. Pine Grove will likely respond indicating that the bios have been posted. Here is a link to the bio page-check it out for yourself. If there are 9 bios of staff members then Pine Grove still hasn't updated the staff bios and they are hiding the staff bios for the therapists who do the most work with patients.
  • Deborah
    Routines, accountability, counseling were all great. Cost, liberal visitation policy were some weak points. Insufficient research in after care recommebdatikns
  • NP
    My doctor barely spent anytime with me. Some of the staff was rude. I could hear patients yelling at night. Then, three days after I got out, I felt just as bad as went I first went in. It was not a benefit. It was expensive and not good.
  • BW
    It is a nice enough place but not reel helpful. The staff seems to care but I have been to places where the staff knew more things to help you. The doctors do not spnd alot of time with you at all. I do not recommend this fasilty
  • Jay
    After looking at various programs for a loved one, we decided that a 90 day program was best. The 30 day programs don\'t work. If you are an addict, you are not the best judge of your treatment needs. Pine Grove men\'s program has been overall a great choice. The only negative that I can speak to is the lack of family counseling during treatment. I made this point during Family Week, which was a few weeks before my loved one\'s discharge. The primary counselor was also very reserved in our weekly updates and did not communicate well. But my loved one is happy with his recovery so far.
  • AG
    As a professional I feel my treatment there was more about building s case against me than being therapeutic. I was lied about by people I trusted had my best interest. My state\'s medical board no longer sends physicians to this place. A very high percentage of patients fail polygraphs. I went to my local police department to discuss my polygraph experience at PEP. A failed polygraph results in the professional having to return for one-two additional weeks. Thus having to pay a large fee and those days lost at work.
  • K
    Horrible,staff is rude, pretty much spent the whole entire time there coloring in the tv room with other patients. I got more therapy from other patients than I did the actual therapist. The staff was rude and treated us like we were a burden,they would ignore us or roll their eyes,or accuse a patient of faking their illness. This is a very depressing place,you can\'t heal when everything around you is depressing and negative. There are no yoga classes,5 min out side break,the rest of the time we spent in the tv room watching tv or coloring. I had a horrible experience...I absolutely would NOT recommend this place to anyone. Nurse practitioner is a horrible person..she is very insensitive,rude,loud, and down rite hateful.
  • J
    Do NOT believe the advertisements. Substandard care during the detox process. Unqualified staff, uncaring nurses. In the event I do relapse, I will definitely be more particular about where I go. I went there to get better emotionally, not worse.
  • DB
    Good food and service just the staff needs to be more interactive and needs to have the cameras removed because they make me uncomfortable. So far so good.
    Very good program
  • DS
    A good facility but did not have good holistic offerings.
    Strengths: staff, hard working, clean. Weaknesses: don't know if rehab works. a very good rehab hospital, one of the best.
    clean, good people, great staff. don't know if treatment works. i think the people being treated must want help.
    Their strengths are they are friendly and helpful to a point . they are strict and that is exactly what someone needs in this situation .Their weakness is if you are coming in to get clean of one drug they give you medicine to try and help with the withdraws . This place is a great place to go for depression or alcohol . but I would not advise someone to go to pine grove that is trying to get over a drug abuse problem involving pills .
    It was clean and the patients were in a secure facility. I can only speak to the credentials, professionalism, empathy and effectiveness of my loved one's therapist. She was ill-equipped, unprofessional,uncaring, selfish and unfamiliar with modern techniques for treating my loved one's conditions. I would recommend disclosure of the educational background for the therapist assigned for treatment. I would check the educational claims, personally and verify the therapist/Doctor, has the credentials and experience to treat me, of a loved one. I don't know how to circumvent this sort of deception, as the brochures and visits to the facility did not afford the opportunity to witness treatment modems, or results.
    its discreet, good facility, does good job overall
    The facility really helped my aunt. We were able to keep in touch with her and the treatment has drastically improved her life.
  • Jane
    This place is a scam! Run as fast as you can. Their family week is a joke. I wish I had every penny back that I spent on this place...
  • Jim
    Mixed feelings having been in treatment in both the Gratitude Program as well as the Professional Enhancement Program. Many of the counselors are excellent and I gained a lot of self knowledge both from the individual and group experiences. I do have some reservations: the longer you stay in the program the larger the list of diagnostic labels you will be given. All healthcare providers are labelled as having narcissism it bothers me that ever single person in that field that I met was said to have this problem because we had an \"excessive need to be praised.\" I was told to read a book about a rabbit yes a rabbit and it was clear to me that the only acceptable experience from reading the book was to admit to being a narcissist. Essentially every single thing that you ever did in your life that you thought was noble or for the sake of others was in their minds purely driven by selfish needs. The PEP program was much much worse in that the smallest of infractions would be analyzed in a group setting picking it over and over again until nothing was left of you. There were also many many nonprofessionals there. I encountered several people who were professional only in the sense of being a professional patient and whose jollies were derived by attacking other people in the group and \"outing\" those who said something outside of the treatment center that rubbed their sensitivities the wrong way. If you do go you will get something out of this program but you will almost always end up being told that you needed to stay for a much longer period of time than you were initially told. 30 days become 45 become 90 plus. Physicians will find that they are expected to return on a very regular basis for 1 week \"rechecks\". I was so lucky to have escaped that fate.
  • Tony
    My states medical board not longer uses this program for their physicians. I was personally lied about by staff. Many horror stories from people that have been patients.
  • Stacy
    My seven year old son is there and already I've been denied to speak to him even if he has spoken to his other siblings and grandmother. I don't trust others in taking care of my kids not even Pine Grove.
  • CM
    Pine Grove helped turn my husband\'s life around. The sex-addiction treatment program was excellent- they know what they are doing. However, the PEP program was truly instrumental in taking his recovery to another level; peers that were not able to attend that program did not do as well overall. Of course, recovery is what you make of it, and we also followed the recommended treatment program now for 2 years, going back for ck ups and reunions. The therapists are highly trained CSATS- very good. I really am thankful for all they have done.
    Personable, approachable staff members. Need to improve their follow-up after discharge.
    Good organization, with personalized services to give a better chance of addicts finishing and following the therapy. Caring staff and environment. A downfall was its distance from my home.
    This center is very professional and the staff is super helpful and smart! Faculty is super nice and the center was very clean. The price is a little steep and treatment lasted too long.
    I just feel like there is no compassion. They just want to get the person out asap. Whether treatment is successful or not. The staff is nice! That is about all I can say.
    They could use more holistic interventions and more family involvement.
  • Michael
    I honestly believe Pine Grove saved my life. I don't think I would be sober today without my stay there. I didn't have any negative experiences with the facility, programs and staff. Pine Grove taught me how to live and be happy in my new sober world. I can't say enough about the quality of care and compassion demonstrated to all who are lucky enough to benefit from their problem.
  • ST
    I went in sober, but looking for healing from trauma. I was skeptical about how much I'd be able to gain and I am glad to say that I was surprised with the benefits and results of the program.
  • hdn
    very good experience with patients I referred
  • Noah
    Fantastic value proposition great staff and a solid facility. Strong sense of community and working together while focusing on the individuals needs. Highly recommend.
  • DM
    Don't go there. Too religious.
  • MOB
    Great place to send a family member.
  • anonymous
    This place is very expensive but one of the best in business and the best in the region.
  • anonymous
    It seemed like they over diagnosed our daughter, and said she had more addictions than she did instead of focusing on the main problem(s). They were very negative and limiting.
  • anonymous
    Good place to go get help.
  • Darrin
    90 day required stay, too expensive, counselors dictate decisions to medical staff. 12 step only. Does not follow evidence based
  • kk
    Family week was amazing. Key to long term success. Perfect for adult professionals. Saved my partner's life.
  • Sherry
    Pine Grove helped save my life but I know of many that relapsed or died. Most of the young ladies were there because of family member not because they were ready.
  • NLF
    Food at the Women's Center was terrible and very restrictive as far as options. Hospital food. No outside food was allowed. Phone privileges were too restrictive. Maximum of 40 minutes per week.