Pine Rest Campus Clinic in Grand Rapids, MI

300 68th Street Southeast
Grand Rapids MI 49548

Pine Rest Campus Clinic Philosophy

ABOUT PINE REST CAMPUS CLINIC

Pine Rest Campus Clinic in Grand Rapids, Mich., is overseen by faith-based nonprofit Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services. The clinic offers outpatient services for children, adults, adolescents, couples, and families struggling with mental and behavioral health disorders and/or substance abuse. It is one of the 168 (36.8 percent) of Michigan treatment centers that offer intensive outpatient programming (IOP).

Individualized treatment at Pine Rest Campus Clinic is evidence-based. Clients will be assessed to determine the level of care needed. Treatment addresses substance abuse issues, eating disorders, family conflicts, relationship issues, and other concerns.

Outpatient services generally focus on individual therapy but may also include group therapy, coordination of care, and referrals to other services.

The intensive outpatient program (IOP) is offered thrice weekly for three hours per day with evening and morning sessions. Clients generally attend treatment between four to eight weeks. Services offered are similar to standard outpatient care.

Pine Rest Campus Clinic employs psychiatrists, psychologists, and is one of the 35 (66 percent) of Michigan treatment facilities to employ Spanish-speaking staff members. The center is one of the 91 (20 percent) of Michigan treatment facilities that are accredited by The Joint Commission.

Thirty-nine individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the center a high rating for the staff’s level of training and experience.

Level of Staff Experience/Training: 4.2/5

The 15 alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date indicated that they’d recommend treatment at Pine Rest Campus Clinic.

**Alumni praised staff, with more than one reviewer describing them as “friendly.” Complaints cited *mediocre food and too little time with staff members*. Detailed polling data was collected by Rehabs.com from 15 alumni.

Would Recommend: 4/5
Counseling Options: 3.7
Cleanliness: 3.9/5
Staff's Level of Training/Experience: 4/5
Holistic Offerings: 3/5
Exercise and Leisure Activities: 3.5/5

On Google, Pine Rest Campus Clinic has an average rating of 3.6 out of five stars from five reviewers.[1] And on Yelp, two reviewers gave the center one-star ratings, citing complaints with appointments and staff members.[2]

Twenty-five loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at this time of writing gave mostly positive reviews for Pine Rest Campus Clinic. On average, the loved ones indicated that they’d recommend treatment at the facility.

Several individuals praised the center’s staff. Common complaints focused on the high cost of treatment and minimal visiting time allowed. One anonymous commenter wrote: “They were very strict on visiting but I think that is a good thing to a point.” Detailed polling data was collected by Rehabs.com from between 22 to 25 loved ones to date.

Exercise and Leisure Activities: 3.8/5
Staff's Level of Training/Experience: 4.2/5
Counseling Options: 4/5
Would Recommend: 4/5
Family Participation: 3.8/5

The sole staff member surveyed by Rehabs.com at this time of writing gave Pine Rest Campus Clinic high marks across 15 evaluated metrics. The anonymous individual awarded the center with five out of five stars for its holistic offerings, family participation, facility cleanliness, and affordability. They also gave four-star ratings for its counseling options. The commenter called counselors “amazing” but added: “building needs a new roof.”

Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services offers financial assistance to those who qualify based on Federal Poverty Guidelines and household income.

[1]GoogleReviews
[2]https://www.yelp.com/biz/pine-rest-campus-clinic-grand-rapids

Published on January 2018

I don't think my loved ones was ready to own the problem at the time they attended. They have in the following years gotten better. Fully comprehensive services.

My loved one felt that the care could have been better. It keeps the patients safe.

Thumbs up. Everything.

They have great follow up therapy Location is farther away from us then we would like They were very strict on visiting but I think that is a good thing to a point. Sparse rooms (which i understand) make it a little to "unhomey" The staff we good!

Excellent facility and staff.

THey are really good helping you with everything that you are having problems with I dont see any weakness I had a awesome time i got good help and it really helped me get though different hings i was struggling in

Time to exercise, different activities, outpatient program Food was bad. It really helped me learn to cope and recover

Excellent.

Well known smar helpful workers Faked my way out Not helpful I was not recovered when released

They keep their patients pretty busy Didn't allow them to go outside enough I only know what I was told by the patient.

patient centered. A very patient centered facility.

Eager to help; knowledgeable; accommodating; sympathetic and supportive overbooked; expensive The faculty at Pine Rest was always great in assisting my brother with his behavioral issues. Not only did they help my brother in ways we had prayed for but they helped us understand what he was going through and they were also there for us at any time.

Nice people, good amount of leisure time Sometimes got ignored The counselors are patient with you, but only if you're willing to help yourself. If you arent, they kind of brush you off until you're ready to really start your healing process

They took the time to thoroughly go through all the issues at hand. The art therapy was very beneficial. At the time it seemed there could be more therapyoptions available but I understand there are more now. The best treamment facility in the area.

Had excellent one on one counsling. There should be a counslor available 24 hours.

Staff is great and explain every step. Cost is a little high. Good place to go

The staff is very friendly and supportive! I was able to overcome my addiction thanks to the very caring staff at Pine Rest!

Provides individual attention. Cannot talk to family members. Provides treatment for suicidal

Attended IOP 10-12 weeks and continue Relapse Prevention weekly. Worked.

Very well detox program and welcoming IOP program, and initiation into a twelve step program. Good place to start your road of recovery.

good drs. friendly and helpful.

The nurses are amazing. One of the doctors is condescending and rushes through patients.

good food.

The staff members seemed to genuinely care about the patients and adjustments were made so that they were comfortable. My family is still paying off bills from that place, it was extremely expensive. If you can afford the treatment, then i would definitely recommend this facility

Staff is always friendly and readily available!

Strengths: Doctors. Weaknesses: Nurses. Good time.

Location, staff were great. It was wonderful.

They create a positive atmosphere that wants to see clients get better. The food is no good really. I'd rather not say anymore. It was a fairly enjoyable experience though for my friend.

It is conveniently located. I really don't know much about it since we weren't allowed any contact with my dad when he was in and he doesn't like to talk about the whole thing much.. This is your basic "cut out of the reality where alcohol exists" program. Minimal contact with the outside world. Even in a case of emergency it was difficult for us to get through to dad. It may work if you are motivated enough though. Most of the people just check themselves out when they hit the bottom...

They were compassionate; however, there were too few staff.

It was a great and supportive facility! However, they need better communication with family and follow through.

It is well known but they care more about your money.

It was close which was really helpful. Do your research.

It was a decent facility.

They accepted my sister into the program. My sister was released without being cured. She has continued to bounce back and forth and in and out of rehab. There should be treatments available for severe cases for years not months. There was no research done for her to enter this facility. It was court ordered and was the bottom of the barrel as far as facilities go. People with no money or other resources. They take them in and spit them back into society with no plan or additional help for healing.

They kept me away from my addiction. However, they are not friendly. They need to find ways to better reach people to want to quit.

I have nothing bad to say about Pine Rest. They took me in with depression and in seven days I was out with a whole new outlook on life. Doctors, Chaplins, Caretakers, cleanliness, I could not have asked for a better place to go. I went through 3 months of outpatient counseling afterwards and it was just as great as the stay. My husband of 14 years left me and played games with my emotions saying he didn't want a divorce but still loved someone else also. I thought about suicide, not really wanting to do it with a 12 year old daughter at home but I didn't feel I could live without him. I learned that it was me that held us together for this long and that I was the strong one that could go places without him holding me back. I went to sunday bible class while I was there for it is a Christian Hospital. I took my anti-depressants as prescribed and did a lot of group meetings. There I learned that everyone in there was in for the loss of a loved one whether by divorce or death. I wasn't crazy. I had lost 110 pounds in the 4 months prior to going. They got me on a healthy diet to get back my strength and a gym to work out in. I could actually smile when I left feeling like I could conquer more without him than I had in the 14 years. I did. I was so much stronger than I ever seen and I owe it all to them. Even the three months of outpatient visits were great. I loved to go in and visit my counselor and share the trials I had had since my last visit. They said I was doing great and didn't have to continue going. I have gone uphill ever since. I filed for divorce and left him in the dust. Thank you Pine Rest Christian Hospital.

The staff was caring. However, the followup is not very good and the outcome was not harmonious.

Staff is very supportive, friendly and helpful. Great at communicating what they feel is the best solution to help!

The counselors are amazing. It a very nice and safe place to get better. The facility just needs a new roof.

They are friendly and understanding; however, they are quick to diagnose. It really helped me a lot to get perspective and the help that I needed.

It was a terrible experience. Staff was ... callous. Food was [poor]. Please do not go here. ...

Great staff and positive environment! Staff communicates very well on how the program is going and how your loved one is progressing!

My time at pine rest really helped me at a time when I was in need. The staff was friendly but the food program could be improved.

It is a well known facility in our area and accredited. The staff seemed knowledgeable and patient and the facility was clean and orderly.

Everything but the "Christian" perspective is good.

I felt tricked into staying there and it felt like jail. You just had to pretend to exhibit certain behaviors to leave and they pushed drugs instead of care. The main doctor barely looked at me when I spoke and when I went back for outpatient treatment after I had been inpatient for 72hrs they said I was 10mins late and couldn't come in. I think that was rude and harsh, I never went back.

I was not aware of the mother baby program, they placed me there since I was pregnant and that had a lot to do with my issues. It was a great fit. They make sure they put you where they think you will do your best.

It's really the only one in the area. The facility has made major changes over the years and sadly it has become more like a factory processing line where teens are pushed through as quickly as possible and not truly evaluated, counseled or cared for as they were in the past. More than 1 person I know has been in this facility in the last 10-15yrs. And even I spent time there nearly 30 yrs ago. ...

No aftercare, the therapists were cold and just not interested in helping him. Seemed like they forgot about him the second he left the facility; they didn't seem like they even gave a crap what happened to him. I know that these people see a lot of folks but you pay a lot for help and it seems like it's just a money game to them.