Pocono Mountain Recovery Center in Henryville, PA

Call (866) 302-6867 to Contact Pocono Mountain Recovery Center

3437 PA-715
Henryville PA 18332

Pocono Mountain Recovery Center Philosophy

Pocono Mountain Recovery Center provides individualized substance abuse treatment services to chemically dependent men and women struggling with addiction. Treatment is offered on an inpatient basis and includes services such as medically supervised detoxification, individual counseling, group therapy, daily goal setting, 12-Step services, and relapse prevention planning. Holistic therapies such as yoga, sand volleyball, trail walking, evening meditation, off-site life skills trips, and recreational activities are provided as well. Clients are offered individualized aftercare treatment plans and are invited to attend weekly aftercare meetings, alumni picnics, retreats, and anniversary meetings upon discharge.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Relapse Prevention Program

Family Visitation on Saturdays

Recreational Periods

Michelle Olmeda

Executive Director

Michelle is an accomplished professional with many years of experience in drug and alcohol treatment. She completed undergraduate and master’s degrees from Bloomsburg University. As director of compliance Michelle developed compliance and organizational strategies to ensure that PMRC is within regulatory guidelines; she was instrumental in helping PMRC achieve The Joint Commission accreditation. Michelle’s background and experience is impeccable, and she is well qualified to lead the PMRC team.

Al Ciliberto, CCS, CADC, ICADC, ICCS

Clinical Director

Al Ciliberto has dedicated over 20 years of clinical service to the recovery industry. As former Clinical Director of CHOICES Drug and Alcohol Program and Program Director of Magdalene House for Women, Al joins our clinical team with an array of professional expertise. In addition to delivering direct clinical care, Al has found ways to share his knowledge and experience with the community through educational lectures and trainings on various topics related to addiction. As the clinical director of PMRC, Al serves as the connecting link between all aspects of our team. His clinical style is built upon the philosophy of "remaining teachable". He advises those seeking recovery to "keep an open mind and a willingness to learn new things" and to "remember that with simplicity, comes spirituality." Al looks forward to being at the forefront of your clinical care and helping you pave the way toward a bright future.

ABOUT POCONO MOUNTAIN RECOVERY CENTER

Located in Henryville, Pa., set on 10 acres of scenic mountain countryside, Pocono Mountain Recovery Center (PMRC) provides a full continuum of treatment services for adults struggling with chemical dependency, as well as being one of the 254 (48.1 percent) centers with specifically-tailored programming for individuals with co-occurring mental health concerns.

The facility offers residential care, a partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient (IOP) program, and sober living facilities. If necessary, the center also offers on-site detoxification services, making it one of just 43 (8.1 percent) treatment facilities in the state to do so. Additionally, special programs are available for veterans and first responders.

Upon admission, clients undergo an initial assessment to determine an appropriate level of care. Clients who require supervision to acquire sobriety may be referred to the facility’s residential program. Treatment at PMRC is based on the principles and practices of 12-Step. To immerse clients into the 12-step model of recovery and facilitate “step-work,” clients attend meetings, study sessions, education lectures, and life skills groups.

Along with 12-step participation, clients adhere to a rigorous schedule of individual and group therapy, educational and lecture-based classes, and family therapy. Core programming is complemented with medication management and a range of experiential therapies, including art therapy, music therapy, mindfulness, meditation, role playing, and yoga. Clients also enjoy unscheduled time for recreation, fitness, and reflection.

PMRC emphasizes a comprehensive continuum of care as an important approach to recovery. Once a client completes residential treatment, they may be encouraged to utilize PHP or IOP as a “step-down” aftercare service. IOP is provided in three phases. At the onset, clients attend 15 weekly hours of programming, which decreases to six weekly hours of programming during Phase 3. IOP consists of an educational lecture series, worksheets, grief groups, and mindful meditation.

If necessary, the center also operates two sober living facilities for clients in an outpatient-based program. The average length of stay in the sober living facilities is between three and five months. Each program graduate leaves with an aftercare plan and is invited to participate in events, retreats, and weekly aftercare meetings.

The center’s key treatment staff includes a medical director, a clinical psychologist, licensed professional counselors, and registered nurses. The facility is supported by a team of treatment technicians. The staff to client ratio is 1:5, and 98.7 percent of all substance abuse treatment centers in Pennsylvania have continuing education requirements for staff.

The residential facility offers a rustic, lodge-inspired environment with 62 beds, indicating a high-level of availability, as the average number of individuals in a residential treatment facility at a time was 18 clients, as of 2016. Clients share semi-private rooms and attend group meetings and lectures in intimate, fully furnished spaces. Meals are served family-style in a communal dining room, and dietary restrictions can be accommodated with advance notice. Depending on the season, guests may utilize the picnic area, sand volleyball court, and walking trails; the indoor gym is accessible year-round.

The 19 alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing offered highly polarized opinions of Pocono Mountain Recovery Center. Positive opinions typically highlight the facility’s staff as its strength. One anonymous alum gave a perfect five-star rating for the treatment staff’s level of experience and training, writing, “Mentoring staff - they did an awesome job! I've been sober for 4 months now and I'm living a great life!”

Supporting this opinion, alum J.C. added, “The people who work there genuinely care. I think a lot of the techs were in recovery and it made it easier to relate to everyone there.” This former client gave four or five stars to nearly every category, including holistic offerings, level of family participation, counseling options, and treatment of co-occurring disorders.

However, some alumni refuted these positive opinions. Leaving residential treatment after eight days, alum M.K. wrote, “As far as classes, a complete joke. No one had a focus. Counselors only spoke about their own experiences, no discipline, no constructive discussion.” A few former clients commented upon drama amongst facility staff, and many noted feeling ignored or not properly diagnosed.

Mixed opinions were present on Google as well at the time of this writing, where 22 users produced a 3.5 out of five-star average rating.[1] A few former clients appreciated specific staff members and felt that putting in the work made the program worthwhile. Others, however, felt neglected. One-star reviewer J.Y. representatively wrote, "This place is really over priced. It's not a bad place it's just not worth what they charge."

The seven loved ones polled by Rehabs to date offered generally positive feedback of Pocono Mountain Recovery Center. A mother of a client awarded perfect five-star ratings for the facility’s counseling options and discharge planning. After describing two failed attempts her daughter experienced at other facilities, she wrote, “This program was definitely more structured and very professionally run and monitored. She's been clean now for 2 years and is motivated to stay that way!” Many other parents cited this center as being life-saving for their children as well.

Also reporting that their child relapsed after previous treatment attempts, a parent commented, “It was the only one he stayed in past 1 week,” adding, “He is happy, back in college and working. Thank you PMRC for giving us our son back.”

Loved ones on Google also generally favored treatment at this center. Parent J.B. wrote, "The day is very structured and the staff is very friendly. However , i didnt give 5 stars because my son really needed a psychiatrist. When it is more mental then drugs/alcohol this isnt the right place , but I must say it definately was a start and eye opener for my son and they work with you as far as the cost."

The six staff members polled at the time of this writing offered mixed opinions. Two employees felt the facility had declined after a different treatment provider took over operations. “Ever since Acadia Healthcare took over PMRC is has been a total nightmare,” an employee wrote. Another survey respondent added, “PMRC is going downhill Quickly.” However, employee Kacey remarked, "They truly go above and beyond for their clients and the clients are the #1 priority!!”

To date, 14 Indeed users provided an average rating of 3.8 out of five stars for working at this facility, and generated similar written feedback.[2] One four-star reviewer wrote, "the place was great before the new owners took over, very disorganized and dishonest and just disgusting." However, another, more positive reviewer commented, "The staff is phenomenal with a few exceptions, which is to be expected anywhere."

PMRC accepts a range of private insurance plans, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Beacon Health, GHI, and Magnacare.

[2] https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Pocono-Mountain-Recovery-Center-1/reviews?fcountry=US&floc=Henryville%2C+PA

Published on September 2018

Smith

I would not recommend PMRC for anyone who is serious about recovery. They are very happy to take your money and are all pie in the sky at the beginning but as soon as it gets rough they fold. You should seriously rethink your career.

Kt

Place is a joke. No real clinicians , Dr never sees you. Staff completely ignores it all. I would not recommend this place at all especially if you want to get clean and sober.

Jc

Place is aweful. The true short director is clueless let’s people do what they want. Sad thing is I was there 3 years ago and the place was great.

I don't understand all the negative comments. PMRC saved my daughter's life. No question in my mind, had it not been for PMRC, she would have been dead. I thank God everyday for for PMRC.

Amy

Place was bad- most staff are not real therapist- only a few. Tech boss stared at me making me feel very uncomfortable. house manager has her own anger issues. That chick is crazy. Honestly I was there years ago and it was a good place- went back and it changed. More focused on getting paid. Most of the good staff they had left. You have patients hooking up with other patients and staff members. People are using all the time in the sober houses and they don't care. The place them back in treatment at PMRC so it keeps the money going.

Brian

Top notch facility! Incredibly inciteful and helpful staff. If you want real life changing treatment this is the place. Gorgeous surroundings. Clean and comfortable. Great food! These people really care!

BO

The only thing that was good in there was the food. I won\'t recommend this place to anyone I love that place is a big joke

Megan

If I could give them negative stars I would. I am writing this and posting it everywhere I can. I don\'t want what happened to me at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center to happen to anyone else. I am actually clean for 4 months, but that was after going to a different rehab. PMRC almost made me throw away those 4 months I worked hard for. They are also ruining all that I gained since I\'ve been clean because PMRC took advantage of me and didn\'t tell me the whole truth when I first got there & was signing papers. I have bills from Pocono Medical Hospital that adds up to $1745.72 because Pocono Mountain Recover Center (PMRC) used them to come to PMRC to take every patients blood ,and they took me to the hospital for a xray and the pocono medical hospital does not take my insurance (which wasn\'t my choice either it was PMRCs\' choice). So now I am stuck with this bill of $1745.72 . When I choose to go to PMRC my first question like almost everyone else\'s was: Do you take my insurance? Their answer was yes. I trusted them and they lied to me never telling me that they have a different company come in to take our blood. That company doesn\'t except all the same insurances that PMRC excepts. Later when they took me to get a chest x-ray (cause I had a false positive on the TB test PMRC gave me) I trusted that they\'d take me to a place that took my insurance. Yet again I was wrong for trusting them. I called PMRC to tell them about these bills and the CFO at PMRC (the person I was told to call when I asked for someone in charge) didn\'t even have the decency to even answer his phone or to call me back himself. He had someone else call me to say,\" I\'m stuck with the bill. Because I signed a paper when I first got there that said any bill my insurance won\'t pay I\'m stuck paying\". I trusted PMRC and this is what I get for trusting people. So beware if you still choose to go to Pocono Mountain Recovery Center Read Everything They Give You To Sign. IOr you\'ll end up like me with a lot of bills you didn\'t expect. Because I thought I wasn\'t going to have a bill because I met my deductible and out of pocket for the year when I went to PMRC and I now owe Pocono Mountain Hospital $1745.76.

Ever since Acadia Healthcare took over PMRC is has been a total nightmare. There is never enough staff. Transports for prospective clients is shockingly an issue. The meals have become of serious low quality. The nursing staff haven\'t a clue of what\'s going on and treat clients with disrespect and do not follow proper protocol. There are some counsellors that are amazing, but others who are extremely unhelpful. This rehab is so internally disrupted that it has decreased its overall quality and more and more clients are not getting the help they need.

ACM

The terrible reviews are totally right. There are a few good counselors who make a huge difference. But this place is totally messed up... I came to this \'recovery center\' to detox from alcohol and very powerful benzos I was taking. Not proud of it but it was how I handled ptsd. I was not a court appointed drug addict, (although I understand their pain) nor was my next destination jail. I came here to improve my life and make the difference needed to live a positive life instead of getting by. Instead I was treated to a completely different experience. There is no difference between someone looking for support to make changes in life, and being a complete druggie criminal when you come to this institution. In fact, being a lifelong martial artist, Marine infantry combat veteran, and someone who has been subjected to terrible realities, like watching friends killed and being shot half a dozen times myself, there are people who work here that are lucky I have undergone therapy and have an intense measure of self-control over my reactions.... Having someone slam the door open every couple hours in the middle of the night shining flashlights in your face for \'bed checks\' is terrible reason to have to pay a family life insurance. And equally as bad, I should never be screamed at...while i took the literal extra two seconds to extinguish my cigarette before I tossed it... Most nights I could get about 3 hours of broken sleep and spend the rest of the night hand feeding the wild skunks and chipmunks with granola to pass the time. And to top it all off... after being out a month and a half, I have yet to be reimbursed for the cash that I gave them to cover meds and commissary that I was told would take 6-7 days. Over $120.00! After all, It fell through the cracks... In retrospect, I am glad there were people there who\'s situation and struggles I could learn from, and even be an inspiration myself greater than some individuals whole treatment there. And a counselor who really sincerely cared... ( Thank You and may you continue to be as compassionate an individual as you were to me!! ) But If you are looking for a place to help you improve your life, keep looking... I managed to use the time to pass through the withdrawals, learn from fellow men with dependencies, and get out. I can testify though, to the strength of the human spirit. As I used the same power to make it through my trials and tribulations as I did to become a Marine. Thank you to those who lent me their strength as well, as it was most welcome. Good luck to those who see this, as you must be looking for help. And dont forget the power you have over yourself to be who you want to be. Stay strong, and stay away from here...

JZ

RUN. Do not look at this place for treatment, RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. I sent my boyfriend here and while he got sober (The ONLY saving grace- and his counselor- [the man is a GODSEND]), SO MANY THINGS were wrong about this place!!! First of all, I warned them my boyfriend is ex-military and has terrifying PTSD. They said they would work with him to do EMDR and they have had other military people before and it would not be a problem. WRONG. They have people who bang open the doors every two hours at night, screaming and shining flashlights on everyone in the room, rifling through stuff and flipping bunks to check for drugs. They have guys in camouflage hiding in the bushes at all hours of the night looking for people sneaking drugs in or trying to sneak out. They hide on the roofs too. Imagine how this was for someone who has been to WAR.They say they have woods and trails you can walk on? INCORRECT. They confine you to the front of the buildings and do not let you take a walk ANYWHERE. They have a pool? Closed. And empty. They have an expansive gym? They have ONE weight bench. ONE. Men and women are segregated- NEVER allowed to be together. If med call takes too long for them to get to you and it runs over your allotted breakfast/lunch/dinner time? Can you blame him that he only lasted 5 days?! Now we are in a battle to get back his medication co-pays and commissary. They have NO policy (until today, I was informed) about how long it takes to get your money back. I was told by an intake person- 5 to 7 days. We are at day 30. NOTHING. I called today \"Oh you fell through the cracks, we are inputting payments today and cutting checks next week\". Owners of PMRC are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. They will do whatever they can to make a buck!! If you or your loved one wants to get sober, LOOK ELSEWHERE!!! THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THEM OR YOU.

Peter

PMRC is going downhill Quickly

JS

The food and living accommodations aren\'t bad but certainly nothing special. The treatment is mediocre. I worked there and now work at a different facility. I just spoke to a patient who told me that he felt like PMRC set him back and they take on more patients than they can handle. My experience working there was not a good one. There are serious management problems.

Dean

This place is still open? Geez. This is not hyperbole....stay away from this place. Please. If you or a loved one is suffering from addiction, this place cannot help.

PMRC was the 3rd inpatient facility my son was in over a 3 year period. He also did 2 outpatient attempts. It was the only one he stayed in past 1 week. His drug of choice is heroin and the person he became was not recognizable. He has been sober for 9 months now and our family couldn\'t be happier. He is happy, back in college and working. Thank you PMRC for giving us our son back :)

Justin

Very personable and intimate. Every staff member care about myself and every individual that attended. Best strength in my opinion is. They call every 30 days when you get out for 3 months, then once every 60 days and so on for about a year or a year and a half. The first time I attended. I messe up when I got home. And they instantly offered me treatment. Said I could get there ASAP. Ended up going back. Became very close with the staff. Now I have two years clean with the guidance and support of this facility. Gorgeous setting in the mountains and gorgeous caring souls. Downfall: In northern pa... Very cold in the winter. Aside from that. None at all. Fantastic during the summer. Always a shoulder to cry on, security on campus at night, trips out to go bowling and what not on weekends. So extremely loving and caring. The food is by far the best food I've had in any, out of 10, facility. So extremely loving and caring.

Kasey

Our facility is very nice and is a comfortable retreat like setting. We have a very experienced and educated staff who are mostly in recovery themselves. we have a lot of recreational activities for the clients including: volleyball courts, full private gym on site, pool, horseshoes, nature trails, and the food is out of this WORLD!! they truly go above and beyond for their clients and the clients are the #1 priority!! Would never want to be anywhere else but here!

they helped my brother with drug addiction and mental health issues. he was able to just walk away. I think they were pretty helpful for him. They just did not handle PTSD and bipolar together very well.

Excellent Counselors; program far from civilization and keeps loved one away from contact with friends and people that could contribute to their addiction; Accepted by our insurance carrier. This was an excellent program. My daughter had been in rehab in 2 Florida facilities previously and they were a joke .... met more drug addicts and picked up more bad habits from the interaction with other residents. This program was definitely more structured and very professionally run and monitored. She's been clean now for 2 years and is motivated to stay that way! Excellent program

Connie

I went in with a bad attitude thinking that I was beyond help. After seeing that 90% of the workers there had been thru addiction themselves and how much their lives had changed, I had hope for the first time in a long time!

Justin

Cheryl

This is the best place by far in being caring, nurturing, kind, and compassionate. I found my daughter's counselor to go above and beyond! I feel this place gave my kids the tools they needed to succeed! It was not our first. This was the 4th and I found this to be the most beneficial.

Mc

You get what you put in! If not willing then obviously not gonna be fun! But, by the way, rehab isn\'t supposed to be fun and easy! So please don\'t let these reviews guide you completely. Call the facility! Do real research! Please.

I was not fond of this facility. The staff was not loyal the salary was not fair.

Peter

PMRC has a kind and compassionate staff that can meet the needs of our clients. We have all been there 90% of staff are 12 step sober people.

MLCK

I was diagnosed with severe depression and alcoholism. This was to be my third rehab and hopes of a better future. First off, they took all off my things and put them through a bed bug remover. Quite unnerving. I had never faced a bed bug problem before. When they returned my things, some stranger dropped a big Hefty trash bag with all of my belongings in my less than adequate room. It obviously had been a camp for children and the beds suggested that to be true. I came with an open mind. Again, I was interrogated by everyone on the property. There was no communication of my history between the nurses, therapists, or the one doctor whom I never met, but prescribed drugs for me. The "techs\" (recovering addicts) harassed you every minute of the day. From pounding on your door to get you up in the morning to demanding out of the dining area to once again pounding at your door to assure you were there for curfew. I am a 56 year old woman. I know when to get up, get my meds, go to class and go to sleep. I had no peace, boot camp would sell this place. As far as classes, a complete joke. No one had a focus. Counselors only spoke about their own experiences, no discipline, no constructive discussion. Everyone was concerned about getting out for a smoke. I complained about the treatment I had been receiving and asked what they were going to do about. They just shook their heads and said, \"We\'ll look into It.\" After 8 days I had had enough and I wanted to leave. Getting my bags took two agonizing hours. They finally retrieved them for me and I walked to the entrance to get out of this crazy place. The worst rehab ever. There is plenty more to tell, but I will leave it at that. Do not ever go there if you want to retain your sobriety, dignity and self respect.

E.L.

Let's do away with the reviews and just say this: if you're unfortunate enough to be considering this place, first do an Internet search. Then call the place or do a search on the actual experience and backgrounds of their employees (despite what they say on their website). Then see if you can talk with anybody who has actually been there. Do yourself a favor and do these things before considering this place.

Steven

I checked into PMRC on September 3rd, 2013. It is the only rehab that I have attended. The place was amazing. They gave me so much information on addiction. They alway gave me ways to remain sober after I left the facility. The counselors were great and the meetings every day were very helpful. They showed me it was more than just drugs that was the problem. They follow up with me every month to see my progress. I would recommend it to anyone who is seeking help. This place has changed my life for the better. I have 21 months clean and sober and I owe them so much. As far as insurance issues, from what people are saying I was there and knew countless people who stayed a week or more after their insurance was cut. They care. It's not all about the money.

michael c

Pocono Mountain Recovery Center saved my life. I have been to multiple facilities and I never have been able to get sober. Their entire staff is beyond helpful and would drop anything just to help you, because they understand and they have been their too! I have 6 months sober and I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for them. PMRC is like a family!! They gave me all the tools that I needed in order to stay sober and change my life. Their facility is so nice and the food is beyond amazing! I want to thank them for saving my life and I would and am going to send everyone there that needs help. If you really want to save your life, this is the place to go.

Dan

This place is a joke...The spoke to me for 3 weeks and assured me they would take care of me, and I wasn't at the facility for 6 hours before they were looking for a different place to send me because they said they couldn't help me. And the facility they sent me to was worse than this place. ... Once you're in there and they are billing your insurance you are no longer important to them. A bunch on unprofessional clowns.

Jack

They've got a few years and a lot of staff turnover ahead of them before I'd refer even the most desperate person to them again. Go elsewhere.

Lori

The nursing staff is nice. The beds are for small people. They say a lot of one-on-one therapy. The PTSD doc is great, except when he chooses to take vacation after opening wounds. The staff are all romantically involved, contributing to drama. I have worked in the field for 18 years and relapsed. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone serious for recovery. More than half the patients were returning after relapse. The food is EXCEPTIONAL. The TA staff are better than the therapists....After spending 18 yrs in the field and learning #1 rule, do NOT OPEN A WOUND THAT CAN'T BE HEALED BEFORE DISCHARGE. THIS PLACE DID NOT DO THAT. Due to the amount of returning relapsed patients, I would not recommend this "new and confused" place.