Project Hope Recovery Center

7805 Kimble St, Houston, Texas, 77017

About Project Hope Recovery Center

This faith-based residential program assists individuals in recovering from drug and alcohol addiction and the life-controlling problems associated with it. In addition, residents work on overcoming rebellion and the self-destructive behaviors associated with their substance abuse and developing positive life skills. Residents participate in spiritual growth activities, individual counseling, and various outreaches.

Eating Disorder Treatment

Many mental health professionals view eating disorders (including anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder, along with other dysfunctional eating patterns) as a food addiction – in that food is used in ways other than as fuel or a source of pleasure. Some, but not all, addiction treatment programs include eating disorder treatment as part of the service menu. Also, an eating disorder may be a dual-diagnosis or a co-occurring disorder with drug or alcohol addiction.

Individual Therapy

This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• FREE care, no insurance - no monthly payments.
  • Helping Men and Women that struggle with addiction, depression, abuse or any life-controlling problems.
  • Residential Christian Recovery Program

4.1/5

• SJ
    I was homeless, hurt and lost, was out of my mind when I found out about Project Hope I knew nothing about Recovery Centers I decided to give it a shot and when I first came in the main thing that stuck out was that everyone that was my leader was just like me. The only difference was they had more clean time do instantly I was comfortable...yes it was a lot of church BUT the Jesus they were feeding me daily rocked my world and I was never the same again. Since graduating God restored my relationship with my wife and kids I’ve been clean and sober and living a productive life. Thank God for places like Project Hope.
  • MR
    Project Hope/Saving Grace is an amazing program. I have been to many secular rehabs and halfway houses and have never gained the kind of knowledge/recovery/lasting friendships/relationship with God as I did while in Project Hope. I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone struggling with addiction. The fact that it's a year long can easily turn people away but in all reality ONE year is nothing compared to the years of being in addiction or all the years you could be in recovery after completing this program.
    My husband went through this program. I went to high school with my husband before we were married, so I know his lifestyle before he decided to get help with Project Hope. My husband isn’t just different, but he completely changed and has never gone back to drugs. I believe that, yes, God is the one who set him free, but I do believe that God used Project Hope as a tool to do so. As I have seen this program in action, I’ve noticed a few things. Although the program is designed to be hard, as it should be, I am amazed with the dedication and heart behind the leadership and staff. Determined-loyal- hard working. Most importantly, this program wants to see Jesus move in the lives of the students and through the entire program. It is evident that this program cares about getting the word out that there IS HOPE.
  • Derek
    This program has changed my life. I have been delivered from an ID methamphetamine addiction. I came here with the shirt on my back hardly and was welcomed with open arms. I have people in my life that love me, and I love what I do for the ministry. I am currently interning for them now, and I have over a year sober. I recommend this program to anyone who is serious about committing to change
  • Taylor
    I came to Project Hope January 2015, graduated and stayed on as a staff member and worked there until February 2019. Project Hope took me in for free without any medical insurance. Thanks to their structured program and Christian values I will now be five years clean from Heroin this January! I had been to many jails and rehabs before Project Hope and nothing had worked for me before I found this place. They showed me the love of Christ and was patient with me through my recovery process. I wouldn’t be where I am today without them! Recommend to anyone who is SERIOUS about changing their life.
  • Rex
    Project Hope saved my life! This ministry took me in and gave me a chance when nobody else would. If not for Project Hope I don’t know that I would be alive today. Going through the program was the hardest thing I have ever done but it was also the most significant! I highly suggest this program! It will work if you work it!
    Please understand the other reviews are people that are coming out of addiction (or most likely family that believe any story they hear) and being negative and nit-picking is a part of their addictive lifestyles. I am a graduate of this program and I have almost 6 years of sobriety. This place saved my life. Is it perfect? By no means. Has there been a lot of changes for the better? Yes. But I can honestly say that this program is a great place for someone who is ready to leave their life behind them and ready to change. However, if you’re not ready to change, stubborn, and extremely negative, you will find flaws and let these things drive you out. This is a great place and I do suggest you send yourself or one of your family members to.
  • Mike S
    I entered Project Hope in 2014 struggling with an IV heroin addiction. The year I spent here changed my life more ways then I could have ever imagined. Not only did it help me with my recovery but also helped me live a more productive life after the program. This place has truly changed my life
  • Miss E
    This place should be shut down. . This is a for profit business absolutely horrendous that they would call this a charity or Christian at that. I pray that the sturucture of this establishment gets completely revamped or that the Lord shut it down.using people in desperate need for help trying to get there lives together and the Lord's name to line their pockets. Shame on you.
  • RAPII
    Very good place
  • Justin
    Project hope is a joke. I was doing at least 60 hours a week every week. The food is horrible the staff doesn't care about your needs its basically Jesus can fix everything as long you work for us if anyone does want to leave they at least try and pressure you to stay they actually called my family and told them to block my number and not talk to me. They just wanted me to be stuck in Florida so I'd have to come back. Its just not an option to these people that they're program isn't gonna be for everyone but the more people they have the more crews they send out the more money they make please is you love someone don't send them here they will be miserable and angry the whole time they are there I would've rather done my time in jail
  • Don't care
    This place should be shut down. They don't do therapy they throw they're religion on you and say everything can be fixed by Jesus. If you have medical issues, they don't care, and kick you out on the street. They try and make you straight. All you do is fundraise and work at a nasty re sell shop. When I was there about 86% leave and relapse or go somewhere else. You spend your day madly cleaning. You live with up to 20+ women in one house. You read the Bible and memorize versus then work. You travel 4 days a week to different states and stand in the hot, rain, snow and basically beg people who are just trying to shop for money. The food is crap and unhealthy. You don't get exercise because there is no time. You pray in silence and eat in silence. Most staff are rude and they love to post pictures of how much money you made per weekend. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Should be shut down. Plus that many women in one house, I don't think they are licensed for that. Think about ANY OTHER OPTION. This place leads to more addictions and trauma and depression
  • anonymous
    Completely Free! Not able to take people on certain medications. Every staff member at Project Hope has a heart to see people receive freedom from addictions. Each staff member has themselves been delivered from addiction and that definitely helps in guiding someone else and knowing what to look for and how to help.
  • BV
    God used Project Hope to deliver two of my children from the evil of drug addiction. There are no words to express my thanks and joy. My family has been restored!
  • Ashley
    I\'m so thankful for the day i stepped in to project hope. The team here was able to show me the love of God and teach me how to build a relationship with God. I\'m a staff member here now and have been clean and living for the Lord a year and nine months now. The things I was taught as a student here I will carry and use the rest of my life. I can honestly say now that I\'m a productive member of society and a frontline soldier in the Lord\'s army.