Pyramid Healthcare - Pittsburgh Detox and Inpatient Treatment Center in Pittsburgh, PA

Call (888) 694-9996 to Contact Pyramid Healthcare - Pittsburgh Detox and Inpatient Treatment Center

306 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15221

Pyramid Healthcare - Pittsburgh Detox and Inpatient Treatment Center Philosophy

Welcome to Pyramid Healthcare. We offer treatment and care for adult and teen alcohol and drug abuse, as well as treatment for individuals with mental health disorders and adolescent behavioral problems. We have locations in Western, Central and Eastern Pennsylvania to provide comprehensive care to people dealing with alcohol abuse and/or drug addiction.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Relapse Prevention

Therapeutic Community

Coping Skills Development

Jonathan Wolf

Chief Executive Officer

Jonathan Wolf is the Chief Executive Officer of Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. Founded in July of 1999, Pyramid has quickly gained a reputation as a provider of high quality behavioral healthcare in Pennsylvania. Jon is a Pennsylvania native with a Bachelor’s Degree from Penn State University and a Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Before returning to Pennsylvania, Jon operated free-standing psychiatric and substance abuse treatment hospitals in Rockledge, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Salt Lake City, Utah and Toledo, Ohio. An active member of the Central Pennsylvania community, Jon previously served as the Annual Campaign Chairman and Chairman of the Board of the United Way of Blair County.

ABOUT PYRAMID HEALTHCARE - PITTSBURGH DETOX AND INPATIENT TREATMENT CENTER

Pyramid Healthcare is a behavioral healthcare provider with over 25 locations across Pennsylvania. The organization provides residential (short and long term) and outpatient care to adults and teens struggling with substance abuse. Those with co-occurring mental health conditions are welcomed. Detox services are available on-site.

Pyramid Healthcare offers assessment and admissions 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Detox services are medically-supervised around the clock, and therapeutic elements are incorporated into detox in preparation for any emotional challenges.

The facility utilizes the 12-step method and creates a highly structured, individualized treatment plan for each patient. Treatment components include individual counseling, group therapy, family counseling, therapeutic recreation, and life skills education, which is designed to help participants with job preparedness, stress management, and personal finance management. The typical length of stay is 30 to 45 days.

Patients can work with specialists on life skills including financial management, job preparation, and communication skills. The goal of these is to help patients integrate back into the community following their stay. In addition, Pyramid Healthcare offers legal assistance.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its treatment staff, but according to the facility’s website, the professional staff is qualified to diagnose and treat clients with co-occurring disorders.

The facility includes furnished suites, with two or three residents usually sharing a room. All housing and amenities are gender-specific. Clients have access to an on-site workout room.

According to the facility’s website, patients have strict schedules and are given minimal free time. Most alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com rated Pyramid Healthcare’s accommodations, cleanliness, and meals favorably.

Of the 11 alumni reviews for Pyramid Healthcare’s Pittsburgh location, five were positive and six were very negative.

Positive reviews cite program effectiveness and the use of the 12-step program. Charles gave his overall experience the highest possible rating, and wrote: “The program taught me about the tools I needed to know about and how to [use] them. Also, very good on showing us about 12 step programs and how they worked.” Another alum, Frank, thought that his treatment was worth the cost. He indicated to Rehabs.com that the facility was a “quality place” with “great staff.”

Contrastingly, negative reviewers frequently complained about the staff. In a less favorable review, L.C. wrote: “I'll just say, if pyramid was the last rehab on earth I still wouldn't go back there. My personal experience was a nightmare.” Alum Brittany wrote: "the staff and the nursing staff are NOT NICE." Complaints about the facility itself were less common, but one alum who gave treatment effectiveness an average of three stars gave the accommodations only one star, and wrote, "Inpatient detox is a horrible facility dirty and poor accommodations for sick people."

The two reviews from loved ones are also mixed. The limited communication between clients and loved ones appears to be a source of contention.

The loved ones gave one and three out of five stars when polled on family participation in treatment. An anonymous family member wrote: “After driving over 2 hrs to get there, we were told we could not see our son. Then they let us see him for maybe 30 min & his whole treatment & progress was treated as a big secret due to his age of being 14. I was expected to adequately care for this child but [did] not know any of the specifics regarding his [treatments], diagnosis, prognosis etc…”

Another family member gave a four-star rating for treatment effectiveness, claiming that “it helped my son,” but went on to give most other aspects of the facility a lukewarm three-star rating, including the facility's cleanliness, its holistic offerings, and its available counseling options.

On Google, the facility earned 3.3 out of five stars from three reviewers at the time of this writing. [1] Loved one Christine wrote: "This place is Wonderful. The people that work there are very experienced and very nice. They did a Great job with my Son. He's a different person now from when he went in there. Thank you for all your great help." Contrastingly, reviewer J.B. wrote, "This place is a prison with lying crooked staff do not go."

Most insurance providers are accepted, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield. County funding and Medical assistance is also accepted.

[1] https://goo.gl/pp4gGR

Published on February 2018

T.T

I just left pyramid hillside, 1 thing is for facts...we got 3 hot n very filling meals, snacks before bed, the kitchen staff always allowed 2nds, n made us desserts after dinner...we also had a bed with blankets n pillow, air conditioning or heat in our room, a hot shower, and a toilet that flushes. I don't have one complaint cause it was better then jail or the street. The staff was amazing, u give respect , u get respect. We.got smoke brakes all the time, a rec time to sit out side n do what we wanted to. Yes there were groups and my counsler was an amazing woman, omg a real person, told u like it was in a good way. Which I love that about her. The techswere ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. WOULD ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND IT.

Rjames

I think acj is cleaner than pyramid. Staff is lazy. They all play on there phones all day.. But let a new pair of Jordans come out and they'll flex around.. Its kind of sad really to need validation from people who are bad shape from the beginning

LR

This place is a joke. Staff has attitudes beyond unbelievable. My son left because there is not any kind of recovery. DONT waste your time or money!!!

I thought the staff was amazing. I went to pyramid as my first ever treatment facility and I have been drug free since I left I have been clean for 14 months now. Dual treatment center. Knowledgeable staff most recovering themselves, doctors, therapists, counselors, nutritionists. Outside na meetings inside na meeting. Group therapy. Very structured. Some staff were unprofessional.

Jason

Inpatient detox is a horrible facility dirty and poor accommodations for sick people..... the outpatient program was pretty good but the doctor was always late and never spent real time with the patients

Brittany

This was the WORST rehab ive ever encountered. people nodding out all the time. the staff and nursing staff are NOT NICE. nobody cares about recovery there... its a joke.

L,C.

I\'m not going to say what I want because I know it will be removed. I\'ll just say, if pyramid was the last rehab on earth I still wouldn\'t go back there. My personal experience was a nightmare.

gk

I had a horrible experience there. After 24 hours I had not seen one counslor. I walked out. Now 5 months later I am receiving a bill for my stay. They never put it through my insurance. I cannot get anyone on the phone and I have left many messages.

Rd

This place is a awful. I was there to get clean. It\'s a joke there

LEE

This place needs to be shut down do not go there all they want is you\'re. insurance. money you mean nothing to these people all they want you for is your insurance money. it is a detention center you will regret going there i promise you. Staff. is completely. unprofessional . You can not move freely anywhere at anytime. without. being escorted. They lose half of my clothes and items was told i would be compensated and when i started to question my belongings more and more they made false accusations against. me

Amanda

Most of the staff is in recovery n have nurses on staff 24/7. Could allow more outside meetings. I got a lot out of the groups we had and with my one on ones. I learned what my disease was and how important the 12 steps are and how it is very important to get a sponsor. They taught me how to live without using.

Decent Facility.

Frank

quality place,great staff,outside meetings.

helped my son. just sorry there has to be these kinds of facilities. it brought my son down on the suboxone to the point where he is now completely clean.

After driving over 2 hrs to get there, we were told we could not see our son. Then they let us see him for maybe 30 min & his whole treatment & progress was treated as a big secret due to his age of being 14. I was expected to adequately care for this child but not know any of the specifics regarding his tx, diagnosis, prognosis etc, which to me was a complete failure on both sides.

LP

Pyrimid was very good for me.

Charles

after 11 years still clean, and sober. The program taught me about the tools I needed to know about and how to us them. Also, very good on showing us about 12 step programs and how they worked. I even had a chance to give back by working there part-time.