Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. in Detroit, MI

Call (313) 922-3333 to Contact Quality Behavioral Health, Inc.

751 East Grand Boulevard
Detroit MI 48207

Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. Philosophy

At Quality Behavioral Health, Inc., we believe that substance abuse patients should be treated with unconditional positive regard. The patient needs healing and attention to many areas, especially the physical, mental, spiritual and social areas of their lives. An individualized treatment plan is designed to provide the right combination of support to help the person learn to live life sober and happy. Many of our treatment services offer a group setting and environment, so that the individual spends time with other people affected by the same chronic disease and problems. We see our patients as human beings with an illness not a moral deficiency and provide support in a loving and caring environment.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Individual Therapy

Motivation Enhanced Therapy

Group Therapy

ABOUT QUALITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, INC.

Established in 1995, Quality Behavioral Health, Inc. (QBH) has facilities in the Detroit, Mich. area. This nonprofit organization - one of 240 (52.6 percent) in the state - offers residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment for adults, including those with co-occurring disorders. The facility provides inpatient sub-acute detoxification services, a service at only 35 (7.7 percent) non-hospital Michigan treatment centers.

If medically necessary, clients may begin treatment at QBH with a three- to five-day detox program, which provides non-emergency care during the withdrawal process. Clients are continually monitored, and medical support is available as needed.

Following detox, both short- and long-term residential programs are offered for 30 or 90 days, respectively. Programming utilizes a range of evidence-based modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational enhancement therapy. Residents participate in a structured scheduled of counseling sessions, educational classes, coping skills workshops, and therapeutic recreation. QBH also incorporates 12-step principles and practices into its programming.

Family therapy may begin later in the treatment process, providing that the client and counselor agree that family counseling would be helpful.
The facility is also one of the state's 225 (49.3 percent) facilities where medication management is provided for clients receiving dual diagnosis treatment.

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) groups, as well as a post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) group are hosted on-site. QBH also transports residents to local community-based support group meetings. Additionally, QBH provides programming specifically for women, including empowerment workshops, an option at only 212 (46.5 percent) treatment centers in the state.

The facility's IOP meets for 22 hours per week. Clients who require a lower level of care can make general outpatient counseling appointments. Both outpatient services may be recommended as an aftercare services for graduates of the residential program.

At QBHA, a medical doctor and nursing staff oversee detox. Other treatment team members include a psychiatrist, addiction psychologist, licensed therapists, and spiritual counselor experienced in working with multiple religious denominations. According to its website, QBH employs clinicians who speak more than 10 languages, including Arabic, Bengali, Hindi, Polish, Spanish, Urdu, and two Chinese dialects. The detox and residential programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).

Living arrangements at QBH are strict, yet accommodating. Disciplinary guidelines are posted on the facility's website. Residents are expected to be neat, which is monitored through regular room inspections. Smoking is permitted at designated times. After completing 15 days of treatment, residents may receive visitors.

For individuals with special dietary considerations, QBH’s food services provides vegetarian, kosher, and halal meals. Recreational trips to exercise and swimming facilities and local parks are provided. QBH supports clients' overall health through collaborative arrangements with local dental clinics.

At the time of this writing, Rehabs.com has received mixed feedback about QBH from 16 former clients. Of this group, only four offered positive perspectives. They praised the caring, helpful staff and reported that treatment was highly effective.
One alum expressed gratitude for help in developing life skills as well as support in transitioning to a job. Another described the program as life-saving, while emphasizing the importance of a client doing the work of recovery.

However, M.K. gave just one star for all metrics evaluated, describing the facility as “disgusting,” the program as “unorganized,” but explained: “The facility, the people, the food, everything about it is the worst. But if you want to never do drugs again this place will burn it's self into the depths of your mind a Stark image of why you should never do drugs."

Accommodations and amenities received the most complaints. Ten reviewers criticized the poorly maintained and dirty accommodations, inattentive staff, and poor quality food. Alum Amy also described the facility as overcrowded and rated exercise and leisure activities just one out of five stars. Dan reported insufficient help during treatment and with aftercare: "I only saw a counselor maybe twice the entire time I was there."

At the time of this writing on Facebook, reviews were similarly critical, indicated by an average rating of 2.3 out of five stars based on 15 reviewers.[1] Former clients shared negative experiences regarding inappropriate staff/client behavior, and R.D. representatively added, "The facilities are mice and mold infested. Prison- like food."

Feedback was more positive on Google, where 67 total reviewers produced an average rating of 3.3 out of five stars to date.[2] " They have a good program and great staff. I highly recommend them to anyone seeking help," G.R. representatively wrote. Several other alumni praised the center's programming and determined staff, crediting the facility with changing their lives.

WHAT FAMILY & FRIENDS SAY

The three loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date all shared highly negative experiences. "It's dirty, poorly managed and supervised," one loved one wrote, with another concluding, "Simply put, their patients success is of no concern to them, they are only concerned about keeping the patient there as long as they can to collect as much insurance money as they can possibly get their grubby hands on." The third loved one expressed great concern about the center's lack of communication and that she was unable to get in touch with her daughter.

Two loved ones on Google offered negative feedback along the same lines as those from alumni, e.g., dirty, poor quality food, unreliable staff.[2] Michele, a one-star reviewer, wrote, “Please please please! Find another facility!”

According to its website, QBH accepts most commercial insurance plans and participates in government-sponsored programs.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/Quality-Behavioral-Health-Inc-149183461786755/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on March 2019

MA

My daughter has been there several times. Staff treatment was rude, unprofessional, not mind for understanding. NOT supportive. NO FOLLOW through for IOP, counseling outpatient programs or Dr's. They locked up her personal belongings, ID, purse, MY 2nd CELL phone, & would not return them. Staff tells me everything was thorn away.

Mj

My daughter was taken to the Detroit location directed by Providence Hospital in Novi. I am unable to get in touch with anyone. No one is returning my phone calls and that makes me very nervous. Please just return my phone call. I dare you to print this review. Good

Jen

Absolutely saved my life! Caring, friendly and compassionate... My 1st time in rehab and i feel better than I've felt in about 11 years! Thank you to QBH for literally saving my life... Forever grateful

Bms

One of the worst treatment centers I've ever seen.

Barbara

The worse Treatment program in Detroit. Strengths:Poor they had none just food for detox.Weakness:The owner the staff the people who are in charge

Monica

Do EVERY thing under the Sun to get out. It's dirty, poorly managed and supervised. While I was visiting a family member two employees sat while on their cell phones and allowed another patient to come in and threaten another patients father. Why was this guy allowed in the visting room when he didn't have a visitor or down the same hallway. No patient rooms are down near the visiting area. I think they have Drs that are rejects running this place. All I can say is this place and the one in Warren needs and should be boarded up and abandoned. Get your family member or self out of this place like 1000 yesterdays ago.

John

Absolutely horrible. In my opinion, its just a place to Warehouse people with substance abuse problems to collect insurance money. Their relapse prevention plans are generic boilerplate garbage. Its akin to gilding a lily. They will not work with the patient and their families to taylor a comprehensive relapse prevention plan for the patient they're treating. Simply put, their patients success is of no concern to them, they are only concerned about keeping the patient there as long as they can to collect as much insurance money as they can possibly get their grubby hands on.

Jc

Terrible place. They lost ALL of my belongings and were very rude!

Gw

Are you kidding me this place is absolutely disgusting the food is even worse,The staff talk to you like your an animal .If you need help don't go there

T

The place sucks. Staff members make you buy them food and they abuse people.

Red

If I wasn't so strong willed, I would have gone mad in this place. They treat patients like filth. While I was there in July 2017, there was an older woman there with Alzheimer's and dementia. She had no business there and we (patients) were caring for her. She didn't know her own room or where she was. She would soil her bed and the floor and if the patients didn't clean it, it wouldn't get cleaned. This poor woman eventually went out on a stretcher when EMT had to be called because she was somehow unconscious. There were mice. There are no counselors. QBH takes the patients foodstamp cards to purchase food and then forces them to buy any drinks (warm juice or spoiled milk came w/meals but that's it) or snacks back from them with cash via $1.50 "store tickets". The food is slop. I hadn't ate for about 4 days when I finally got to leave. They will try everything to refuse to give you your belongings when you try to leave. One of the staff grabbed me by my arm and tried not letting me leave even though I signed myself in and was under law allowed to leave of my own accord. I was so mentally violated at this place, I had nightmares after I left. I went in for a 5 day withdrawal to get off Norco and they had me so messed up on suboxone, I signed into a 30 program and I don't even remember doing it. There's more. The place is beyond disgusting. I'm still clean but anyone that goes through that place could relapse easily.

Torres

Quality behavioral health saved my life!! The program works, if you put in the effort. I have been clean and happy for some time now. So much so that I don't want to leave. Qbh has my best interest in mind and will help me in any way possible. I can't say enough good things to come to the one who is serious about recovery, and QBH IS THE PLACE TO START !!!!!!

MK

This place is disgusting. The facility, the people, the food, everything about it is the worst. But if you want to never do drugs again this place will burn it's self into the depths of your mind a Stark image of why you should never do drugs. I stayed 90 days and due to my experience this place is I don't ever see myself going back. Unorganized, nasty food and Detroit's worst. But on the bright side, if you can live in bandos and starve for days due to drugs or alcohol this place will be cake. F.y.i. your stuff will come up "missing" or "lost" but that's just the nature of the best. I am glad I went here. If my first time in rehab was easy idk where I'd be. So thanks for that. I guess.

VP

Unbelievably horrific experience. If you truly need help, opt for some Obamacare and go to an actual treatment facility with staff that will treat you with dignity and respect, feed you food versus slop, care about your mental health...that isn\'t so cheap that their staff is grossly underpaid, mad & take it out on their patients, that also isn\'t so cheap that they don\'t even provide paper towel in the bathrooms or yell at you for using too much toilet paper the staff is scared to ask the boss for more...I would highly recommend anyone to go ANYWHERE else if you really need help, especially if you also have a mental illness (ie Depression) as this place couldn\'t care less. Quite frankly, I\'m AMAZED this place is even legally in business & who treats their patients so horribly. Bring ear plugs if you don\'t want to get a migraine due to the staff yelling...

Elvis Aron Preseley

Terrible for long term, but its detox is okay, if you can put up living there 5days.

Renee

Not a very nice place to be!

Laura

The staff was rude! I was treated like a second class citizen! Dirty! The staff DOES NOT know the meaning of compassion, understanding or patience!! HORRIBLE PLACE!! When I left I could not get my phone or money! Had to come back the next day!!

Dan

DO NOT GO THERE! I did a 60 day treatment plan there and can attest that there are roaches, there are bed bugs. In addition, the place might as well have a revolving door. On the first of the month, that place clears out quick when people get their welfare or SSI checks and the same people come right back! They don\'t care about the patient, they care about the non stop money they\'re getting from insurance companies, especially the state! I only saw a counselor maybe twice the entire time I was there. Then, out the door I went after 60 days with nothing but a certificate in my hand. No plan for treatment once out... Nothing. Because I \"lived too far away to have to come back to them for outpatient\". They told me to find an outpatient doc that could prescribe suboxone and get on that treatment as it was my best option. HAH! Not one treatment center near me is accepting patients. I find a doctor that set up a contract, drugs tests monthly and at random that is very strict and actually cares. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE & FIND A PLAVE THAT CARES, THAT WILL SET UP OUTPATIENT CARE AND SET UP TREATMENT PRIOR TO YOUR LEAVING THEIR FACILITY.

R

I am surprised this place hasn\'t been shut down by now. Disgusting facility, even more disgusting is the individual who runs the place. This should be very LAST on your list of choices!

Stephanie

Excellent treatment center and excellent caring friendly staff. Was there in July 2013 and it helped me. I have now been clean a little over 2 years. Would recommend to any body with a drug problem.

CRose

I loved QBH they helped me so much. I was able to get clean and stay clean. Not only that but they helped me get health insurance a job my license and get my life together period. I highly recommend them. The staff was friendly. If you have any issues they were taken care of. They helped me save my life and address all of my problems. I couldn\'t be more grateful.

Amy

This program was disgusting. I actually don't know how the state let this program remain open. At the time which was 10 years ago it was unclean in my room alone we had 12 beds. In a detox room! with no a/c! I am actually in a treatment program now in Detroit and I have been clean for 2 years! ( a different one). I don't believe they are actually out to help anyone but collect peoples money!