Quapaw House in Hot Springs, AR

812 Mountain Pine Road
Hot Springs AR 71913

Quapaw House Philosophy

Quapaw House provides the community with comprehensive, compassionate addiction treatment services in an attentive clinical setting. Offering inpatient, residential and outpatient services, Quapaw House provides a wide range of treatment options while tailoring every treatment plan to each client’s individual needs. Specializations include medically supervised detoxification, client-family involvement, and adolescent and women’s services. Quapaw House’s Babies Adults Recovery Based Services (BARBS) Place specializes in treating mothers and expectant mothers abusing intravenous drugs.

• Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Comprehensive Treatment Services

Detoxification to Transitional Living

Person Centered Treatment Approach

ABOUT QUAPAW HOUSE

Founded in 1980 and located on a sprawling campus in the Hot Springs National Park, Quapaw House (QH) offers medically-managed treatment using Suboxone, medical detox, residential treatment, intensive outpatient (IOP), partial hospitalization (PHP), outpatient services, and sober-living services to adults and adolescents seeking treatment for substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders. Mental health evaluations are available on-site, and the center can provide legal advocacy if required.

Treatment at Quapaw House begins with a needs assessment by medical personnel. Clients in need of medical treatment or detox are enrolled in the detox program. Detox usually lasts up to five days. Clients are then enrolled in other services. Clients that do not need medical detox can be enrolled in an observational detox program to determine their specific needs.

Treatment consists of counseling combined with medication management and recreational therapy. Physical therapy, fitness, and education courses are also made available in treatment programs. Evidence-based modalities such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) alongside 12-step participation and individual, group, and family therapy are common parts of treatment plans. After the first 10 days, attendance at off-site 12-step meetings is mandatory.

Residential stays last between 14 and 180 days, and the average day includes six hours of group and individual counseling, meetings, and lectures. Adult educational services are available for those who wish to improve their literacy or get their GED. Other classes provided cover HIV, parenting, life skills, and relapse prevention planning. Adolescent residential treatment uses the Matrix Model and emphasizes family participation and anger management.

Outpatient options include a partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient program (IOP), general outpatient care, and aftercare. Outpatient care offers the same modalities as inpatient programming but tends to emphasize peer support and self-help.

Family participation is encouraged throughout treatment. Families can participate in counseling and educational groups. Family members are also invited to seminars and lectures by recovery partner groups to help rebuild clients’ support networks.

The treatment staff at Quapaw House includes physicians, registered nurses, licensed therapists, and certified alcohol and drug counselors. An on-site physician and registered nurse can attend to minor medical needs. The staff also includes licensed therapists and certified alcohol and drug counselors. The five individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the staff’s level of training and experience gave it an average rating of three out of five stars.

Quapaw House is a 72-bed facility with some private rooms, in a woodsy mountain setting with a lake and a volleyball court. Smoking is permitted in designated areas, and meals can be personalized to meet individual dietary requirements. The five individuals polled to date on the center’s cleanliness gave it an average rating of 3.2 out of five stars. There are childcare services on-site for infants and children aged between six weeks and 12 years. The center also provides transportation to educational courses and off-site 12-step meetings.

Of the 11 alumni that provided mostly feedback about Quapaw House, five completed more detailed surveys about the facility. Of those five, four would recommend treatment at this facility.

Between them, the five reviewers gave the center an average rating of 4.2 out of five stars for its treatment effectiveness. However, the four individuals polled on the center’s holistic offerings gave them an average of just 1.5 stars, and the three reviewers polled on Quapaw House’s treatment for co-occurring disorders gave ratings of one, two, and three stars, respectively.

Reviewers described feeling comfortable and safe at the facility, and often praised the staff: “Had workers that had been in recovery for a long period of time,” alum M.W. wrote. One individual, however, complained of a lack of physical activities, and another complained of excessive rules.

On its unofficial Facebook page, Quapaw House had an average rating of 4.8 out of five stars from eight reviews to date. [1] Reviewers repeatedly credited the facility with saving their lives: “Without a doubt, this place saved my life. The counselors and staff are nothing short of amazing,” Annie wrote in a representative review.

Of the three loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date, two would not recommend treatment at Quapaw House, and the other remained neutral on this question. Both of the negative reviewers reported a lack of proper care and attention: “They did not help my son at all. no one helped. just gave him a bed to sleep it off. he needed more help than sleep,” B.K.M. wrote in a representative review. Another reviewer also noted that no mental health treatment was provided. Additionally, all three reviewers gave the center just one out of five for its holistic options.

However, the third loved one gave the facility four out of five stars for its treatment effectiveness and wrote that treatment had been successful for their loved one.

Fees are determined on a sliding scale based on family size and income, but affordable care is one of QHI’s founding principles. The facility accepts private insurance and is in-network with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and QualChoice. Financial assistance packages for uninsured or underinsured clients may cover up to the full cost of treatment. Suboxone treatment costs $500 for an initial appointment, followed by $100 for each monthly appointment thereafter. The five individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center’s affordability gave it an average rating of 2.4 out of five stars.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quapaw-House/142361862477422?fref=ts

Published on February 2018

Mm

Did not let me communicate serious family emergency. Will be looking into grievance procedures! I'm

John

The quapaw house is not good to you if you have a break down and need help and you go off they let you go when you really need help with anything my wife and the one at the window is rude and they let her go this place needs new staff in it here at Texarkana Ar office

Johnny

im trying to get into a alcohol detox and treatment program. i have bluecross blueshield. Thanks you sincerly for your concern

ED

I was in the adolescent section at 14-15 years old. SOME of the people there genuinely cared. Its been about 5 years now since i was there the methods they use didnt really help me. I relapsed several times. Im proud to say though ive been clean a long time. God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to know the difference.

DD

Was living in there Halfway and I relapse and went to Quapaw and Got told I would be able to go back when i got done with the program and when it got time for me to go i was not ready and i had insurance so i paid for my 30 days and I ask them could they let me stay and they told me no and they waited 2 days before i got out to tell me that i could not go back and they lied to me and the people there r all lies they dont care about you they just want your money. They will act like they care about you but behind your back they talk about you , I would never go back to Quapaw if i was still using, I went to Tennessee to get help and I am Clean and sober today. SO DON"T GO HERE GO SOME WHERE ELSE IN ARKANSAS or OUT OF STATE TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

sd

I recently went to quapaw and when i arrived i had nothing,when i Graduated their program i left with nothing..Some counslers will not help you.Theyll tell you 1 thing one day and the next day its totally different...they wouldnt let me into kim free,and no food stamps...when i got back to the county i had left because of drugs,i realized i was back to square 1/...last night was the first time in my life i thought about suicide...Thanks Quapaw

JS

Great people they care. Learned how to stay clean it\'s a must to stay for the full 30 days. Food is great. Thank you to one staff member in particular

PS

This place is corrupt. Please think twice before you go here. Waste of time. I would also recommend not taking anything of value.

N.D.

My Dad was in rehab at Quawpaw and it was a very good experience. The staff was amazing and went out of their way to accommodate my Dad\'s meal requests. I was exceptionally impressed when leaving Dads room one evening when I saw one of the nurses quietly observing a patient from across the hall...she whispered at me, \"I\'m just making sure that she is breathing ok. I worry about her\"....I hope I have people like this watching out over me when I am in that state...God Bless her...

Comfortable, clean, and safe Living arrangement was a strength. Counselor and staff do not care. 14 days of a 28 day inpatient programs is not long enough for serious substance abuse. No mentality health was offered. Counsellors and staff talk down to patients.

Debra

My experience was good!! The staff are awesome and caring! I would highly recommend this facility to anyone that wants to live a healthy sober lifestyle!! Many thanks to Quapaw and its staff!!!❤️

FACILITY, SUCH AS THIS ONE IS GOOD BUT ONLY THAT INDIVIDUAL CAN STOP MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE OVER AND OVER EXSPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS

I really can't say because it seemed my loved ones particular case was a bit unique Perhaps an overall lack of coordination If persons are serious and committed to such a change then the programs can work and I strongly recommend upon discharge immediately living in chem-free housing for some time regardless of personal addiction. My loved one has been clean and sober for over a year and a half now

Valerie

Thank you Quapaw House Inc. :) Very good all the way around. Staff is great and are very caring. I\'m very thankful that I got the opportunity to go to Quapaw. God has continued to Bless me since I\'ve left and I\'ve been clean and continue to stay that way. Quapaw is blessed......Thank all y\'all :)

Lorie

Good councelors, detox avail, exercise ect. I went threw the 28 day program in 2005 with crack and alcohol addictions and am living a happy sober life today!

Melissa

Had workers that had been in recovery for a long period of time before they could work there, which was a strength of the facility. However, there were to many rules that didn't make sense. Have a more positive atmosphere. Or made u feel more like home instead of a facility.

I got a lot out of the lectures. not so much on physical activities.

BKM

They did not help my son at all. No one helped. They just gave him a bed to sleep it off. He needed more help than sleep. In fact, he still needs help and I can't find anyone to help me in this state. They just want to forget these people. They did not help at all.

KDS

Comfortable, good food, and structured healthy activities.

Brenda

I felt safe and that my counselors genuinely cared about me and believed in what they were doing. Also I liked periodically my spouse and I had counseling together...as well as one on one for each of us.