Rainbow's End Recovery Center in Challis, ID

Call (208) 879-2267 to Contact Rainbow's End Recovery Center

25341 Highway 93
Challis ID 83226

Rainbow's End Recovery Center Philosophy

Rainbow’s End Recovery believes in treating clients for their addictions — not punishing them. The alcohol and drug rehab understands how hard it is to be uprooted from daily life and offers a comfortable, home-like environment for addiction treatment. The non-institutional, residential setting helps clients relax and feel at ease so they can truly participate in their recovery experience. Individualized treatment plans, holistic care and a host of experiential activities give clients personalized and effective care designed to facilitate life-long sobriety.

• One-on-One Counseling
    Clients receive individual counseling and work with facilitators to discuss post-discharge planning, future goals, and life skills objectives. Individual services include family day preparation, risk reviews, relapse prevention planning, and more.

• Holistic Wellness
    Clients are provided a variety of engaging activities and opportunities for holistic wellness. Program offerings include arts and crafts, photography, group hiking, meditation, yoga, gardening, journaling, and more.

Individual and Group Counseling

Hiking

Animal Assisted Therapy

ABOUT RAINBOW’S END RECOVERY CENTER

Located in the mountains of central Idaho on the banks of the Salmon River, Rainbow’s End Recovery Center offers residential treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.

Rainbow's End treatment focuses on the restoration of body, spirit, and mind. Clients participate in bookwork and seminars, while individual and group counseling is conducted within a social model of treatment.

Treatment also involves restorative activities in a serene environment and art classes. Clients also meet weekly with a physician, or more often if needed. Loved ones may also attend family sessions offering education on addiction and their role in recovery.

Treatment and therapies are adjusted during recovery according to clients' needs. An aftercare plan is developed before clients' release and involves continuing contact with Rainbow's End staff and annual weekend retreats for alumni.

Staff include certified alcohol and drug counselors, a master's-level psychotherapist, licensed professional counselors, a licensed practical nurse, and a physician. Six reviewers to date rated staff's level of experience and training an average 4.2 out of five stars.

Up to 13 clients sleep in semi-private rooms in gender-separate residences. The décor at Rainbow’s End is rustic and cabin-like. Meals devised by a dietitian are served using local, organic produce. Rainbow’s End offers activities such as fly fishing, geocashing, rockhounding, river activities, crafts, and hiking. Gym exercise is included in treatment.

Of five alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date, four gave positive reviews and one a negative review, suggesting mostly positive reactions. Three of those alumni rated Rainbow's End a perfect five stars in leisure options and connectivity, and four and five stars in exercise options and holistic treatment offerings.

Alum C.B. complained about medication practices, but all four other alumni praised Rainbow's End for its positive reinforcement method of treatment, great location and food, and informative staff. Alum Terresa wrote: "They helped me get information and learn tools for both issues. I am a hard case and they never gave up on me! Very peaceful and the staff is like family."

Of three loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date, one gave Rainbow's End a positive review and the other two gave negative ones. Loved one A.E.M. rated the facility four and five out of five stars for staff support and family involvement, respectively. However, the other two loved ones complained of poor supervision of clients; loved one K.J. wrote: “I rate this recovery center a negative 100. As my family member came home $31,000 later, and had only traded one addiction for another.”

Two staff members polled by Rehabs.com to date noted that they would recommend Rainbow's End to their family and friends. Reviewer C.M. rated the facility four out of five stars in most evaluated treatment metrics, including the honesty of its marketing/PR, its willingness to put client interests first, and its staff’s experience and treatment credentials. However, reviewer N.D.C. rated it one, two, and two stars respectively in those categories. C.M. described the facility as a “good place to recover."

Rainbow's End accepts most major insurances, and clients may develop a payment plan with a financial counselor if needed. All three alumni polled on Rainbow's End value replied positively.

Published on November 2018

Counseling was somewhat effective- but Dr pushed Suboxone - which is a drug all in itself. Also arrangements were made for payments and they tried to charge Finance Charges when they initially informed me they would not.

This woman is referring to an outpatient client. We are often sought out because we had a doctor who prescribed Suboxone. We sent a letter wanting to reduce financial obligation, by having the bill paid off after a year of monthly payments.

Me and my Mother in law put my wife into Rainbows end for help with alcoholism !st week in there ! of the other paients snuck in some booze got my wife drunk till she blacked out and had sex with her. Now shes my Ex wife some rehab huhh

The person who posted this is not available for us to discuss his complaint. We do object to the characterization that this was a normal occurrence or condoned by the facility. All involved were disciplined and policies which need modification have been addressed.

I would just like to make it clear to the public that rainbows end recovery center is a joke. I did not attend this recovery center personally but recently attended one myself. A family member was there for over the 28 days and came home on numerous medications prescribed from the doctor. He/she seems not to function properly on the medications. During the stay, my family member and I felt that there could have been more supervision to the clients. I rate this recovery center a negative 100. As my family member came home $31,000 later, and had only traded one addiction for another.

Rainbows End Recovery Center made the recovery process enjoyable. The location is amazing, the food is five star quality, the rooms are wonderful; I called my bed a nest. The owner is remarkable, and will settle for nothing less than the best for her clients! A truly wonderful recovery experience. Still sober and loving every minute of life. Everyone with or without an addiction, should go for a visit to Rainbows End Recovery Center!

This facility is completely client based. You get to choose what you focus on and even recommend group topics. Always friendly staff and availability of counselors was 24/7. Even after leaving treatment we can call and talk to a counselor and the director will take your calls, texts and emails to help after you leave. They celebrate our sober milestones by sending a personal RERC chip with a card from the staff and counselors. Constant support and true love and care are what make this place above the rest. I have already recommended people to go there and they even make accommodations for those flying in from other places to be picked up from the airport. My experience was amazing and the one on one tailoring to my individual needs was phenomenal. It prepares you in multiple facets to enter the real world after treatment.

I have a lot of mental issues along with alcoholism. They helped me get information and learn tools for both issues. I am a hard case and they never gave up on me! Very peaceful and the staff is like family.

Really helped me recover

helped my family member out

Good place to recover

Size, individualized treatment, EMDR, physical plant, nutrition, counseling staff