Ranch Creek Recovery in Temecula, CA

43264 Business Park Drive, Suite 101
Temecula CA 92590

Ranch Creek Recovery Philosophy

Because no two addictions are alike, no two of our treatment plans are alike. Our non 12-Step approach is what sets us apart from traditional 12-step programs: we go beyond old-fashioned twelve step programs and provide a custom blend of one on one counseling, group meetings, dialectical behavior and cognitive therapies, outdoor activities, and much more with one goal in mind: give our patients the best chance to heal and return to society as who they were meant to be.

• Detox Services
    If needed prior to admission, detox for alcohol addiction, substance abuse and prescription drug abuse issues is offered with a separate licensed detox facility. Upon arrival at Ranch Creek Recovery we will complete an assessment. Based on the information received, an individualized program is developed. This includes dietary considerations.

• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
    This program is based on the most current evidenced based practives, including Dr. Stephanie Covington’s Trauma Informed Treatment for Women and her new Helping Men Recover approach to treatment.

Ariculotherapy

Marital Therapy

Family Therapy

Shelly Tichelaar

Administrative Director

Katie Tichelaar

Administrative Assistant

ABOUT RANCH CREEK RECOVERY

An upscale treatment facility, Ranch Creek Recovery in Temecula, Calif., provides residential treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring conditions through 30-, 60-, or 90-day programs. It is part of the 33.6 percent of non-hospital facilities in the state that offer long-term inpatient treatment. The center also offers outpatient rehabilitation, and medical detox from opiates is available onsite.

Ranch Creek Recovery blends evidence-based principles with holistic activities. Treatment is individualized and non-12-step based, though clients can attend 12-step meetings and SMART Recovery meetings, if preferred. The center uses cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and relapse prevention techniques. Holistic activities include yoga, equine therapy, acupuncture, sound therapy, massage, and guided meditation.

Clients will participate in daily group education, individual therapy, and groups that address trauma, family issues, and other recovery-related concerns. Clients can also attend fitness classes and participate in anger management.

Outpatient treatment is available to those within 40- to 50- miles of the facility. Outpatient offerings are similar to residential care and only accepts six clients at one time. Outpatient programs are available at various intensities.

Ranch Creek Recovery employs clinical psychologists, certified alcohol and drug counselors, a psychiatrist, and registered alcohol and drug technicians. The center’s holistic therapies are led by a yoga instructor, equine therapist, and personal trainer. The facility is one of 182 in the state certified by The Joint Commission.

Nestled in California countryside, Ranch Creek Recovery offers both private and semi-private rooms with private bathrooms in a six-bed luxury estate. An outdoor pool surrounded by private landscaping with an outdoor patio, spa, fire pit, fully-equipped kitchen, as well as full gym are featured on-site.

To date, the four alumni responding to Rehabs.com gave mixed though mostly positive reviews. Three of the four alumni praised the facility, noting top-notch amenities. Two of the four alumni gave holistic activities, exercise options, and meal quality five out of five stars.

“Not only did they address the addiction but the deeper reasons for the addiction,” wrote J.H. “The program improved significantly since my first time in treatment,” added S.B., offering five-star ratings for the respect shown to clients and individual counseling. “They conduct exceptional groups and kept me engaged the whole time.” Another alum, Jennifer, who appreciated Ranch Creek Recovery’s services called it the “best decision” they made. “I didn't want to leave I loved my time there and learned the deeper reasons for trying to numb myself with addition,” Jennifer wrote.

However, alum Kelly was less than impressed with services. Kelly gave the facility low one-star ratings for most evaluated categories, including staff training, holistic options, and visitor policies. “It was not therapeutic at all. I had more stress in the facility than I did when I was using,” Kelly wrote. “The administration and staff are very unorganized...It was not holistic in any way.”

On the facility’s Facebook page, which it may have the ability to manage, Ranch Creek Recovery earned an average rating of three out of five stars based on four reviews. “I can't thank you enough for how my life has changed . A great place to heal,” Martha wrote. Ian added: “Great program and wonderful staff.” [1] On Google, the facility fared a little better, earning a 4.4 out of five stars from five individuals to date.[2]

The sole loved one responding to a Rehabs.com poll to date gave a negative review. William, friends with a client who attended treatment, wrote that staff was unprofessional and cited difficulties in getting insurance pre-approval.

The sole staff member to respond to a Rehabs.com poll, Katie, gave Ranch Creek Recovery overwhelming praise. “Being a true non 12 step program that focuses on CBT, this facility gives clients a chance to get to the bottom of underlying issues,” Katie wrote. The staffer also noted “empathy toward clients,” individual counseling, and activities for extra therapy as strengths of the facility.

Ranch Creek Recovery does not accept IHP, Medicare, or Medi-Cal plans. The center accepts most PPO insurances, including Cigna, Aetna, United Healthcare, and Anthem.

[1]https://www.facebook.com/RanchCreekRecovery/reviews/
[2]GoogleReviews

Published on February 2019

Katie

Being a true non 12 step program that focuses on CBT, this facility gives clients a chance to get to the bottom of underlying issues. Daily individuals help clients identify problems. Amazing activities offered for extra therapy as well. Ranch Creek Recovery improves its schedule and program constantly to better clients and the 2nd time around might be more helpful for a repeat client.

SB

The program improved significantly since my first time in treatment. They have become much more organized and structured and have implemented a few new amenities I really enjoyed such as fitness trainer. New staff members since last stay are great. They conduct exceptional groups and kept me engaged the whole time.

william

Horror story!! Recently someone who I am very close to was admitted to this facility. He and his mother (he is a an adult) were told that the insurance had been pre-approved, all that needed to be paid was the deductible and he was good to go. He was put on a plane and off he went. Several days into the treatment the patient was told that the insurance was neither approved or denied. The insured called the insurance company and was told that the proper documentation was not provided by the recovery center. The patient and insured have asked numerous times for the recovery center to please submit proper documentation to the insurance company . The staff at Ranch creek applied so much pressure to the patient that he finally left. If you are considering Ranch Creek for you or a loved one do not rely on them to follow proper procedures for pre-approval. They were unprofessional and extremely uncooperative in this matter. They would have never sent the patient there had they not been told that \"everything is fine.\" \"just pay the deductible and he is good to go.\"

Jennifer

Going to RCR was the best decision I've ever made and gained control of my life. I didn't want to leave I loved my time there and learned the deeper reasons for trying to numb myself with addition.

JH

Checking myself into Ranch Creek Recovery was the best decision I made. Not only did they address the addiction but the deeper reasons for the addiction. The facility is gorgeous and set in a private and serene area. I stayed close to 60 days and I was sad to leave. The staff is incredible and they have the BEST Dr. on staff. If I had a choice to go back for a few days just to be there, I would. I am healthy now and I am in mid-recovery. The IOP program is also excellent. I hope to always stay connected to RCR because the staff became family to me. They genuinely care and I would HIGHLY recommend RCR to anyone!!

Kelly

Some of the administration is too involved in the counseling aspect of treatment and she is not a counselor. The equine therapy is a joke. Their doctor (not on staff) prescribed me medicine and the owner questioned me about my appointment... There were two clients that were kicked out while I was there. ... It was not therapeutic at all. I had more stress in the facility than I did when I was using. It was a horrible rehab center. The administration and staff are very unorganized. ... It was not holistic in any way. ... I was not given the option of alternative medication for my anxiety. ... The equine center they send you to once a week is a joke. Completely unorganized and disgusting. The services the facility supposedly had were not included in my treatment.