Recovery for Women - Alpha Oaks in Carmichael, CA

Call (916) 944-3920 to Contact Recovery for Women - Alpha Oaks

8400 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Carmichael CA 95608

Recovery for Women - Alpha Oaks Philosophy

The primary mission of Alpha Oaks is to provide comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse treatment to women struggling with chemical dependency issues. The residential rehab understands that women alcoholics and addicts often have unique histories of abuse and trauma, and fosters a safe and nurturing environment for working through these sensitive issues. By living together and sharing the experience of recovery, women learn how to form healthy relationships, cooperate with and support their peers, and develop the coping skills and daily practices necessary to stay clean and sober.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Individual Counseling

Group Counseling

Leisure Time

Debbie Vogel

Executive Director

I have had the privilege of being part of the team at ARPW since 1994. I am an alumni of Alpha Oaks and have served on the Board of Directors of California Association of Addiction Recovery Resources. The bonuses in my job are the successes of the women. I feel I am only as good as my staff and that I need to assure and maintain our facilities to help those women in need. It is important that staff and myself are role models.

Janet Lumberg

President, Board of Directors

In the late 1980's, getting sober on my own was not do-able for me. Alpha Oaks allowed me the physical and emotional safety to find my soul, to find my God. Through the lessons of Alpha Oaks I was able to learn how to return to being a productive part of society. Now I have the opportunity to help in providing that kind of opportunity to other women in need. I am grateful to be able to do so.

ABOUT RECOVERY FOR WOMEN - ALPHA OAKS

Operated by Associated Recovery Program for Women, Inc., Alpha Oaks is a gender-specific residential treatment facility for women struggling with chemical dependency. Located in Carmichael, Calif., Alpha Oaks is the larger of the nonprofit organization’s two treatment properties and is home to the main office, women’s inpatient program, and 24-hour detox center. Only 14% of non-hospital residential programs in California offer detox services.

Treatment at Alpha Oaks is based on the 12-step model of recovery. Each woman is encouraged to take an active role in her treatment from the start, working with the staff to construct a personalized recovery plan that focuses on the core issues obstructing the client from leading a sober, healthy life. According to the facility’s website, programming is “designed to create an environment whereby residents can discover intrinsic new life choices."

Individual and group therapy sessions address the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual impact of addiction. Clients also regularly attend AA and NA support meetings off-site, and are encouraged to become involved in the local recovery community to develop a sober support network. In California, Alpha Oaks is among the 54.5 percent of facilities to provide specialized programming for women.

Alpha Oaks' treatment team is made up of certified alcohol and drug counselors, Levels 1 and 2, who are required to receive on-going training and attend seminars. Staff is on-hand to monitor the facility 24/7.

The all-female facility has 18 beds for residents, and another five beds for those in detox. Official photos from the facility’s website indicated a comfortably furnished home with a living room, shared bedrooms, and a communal dining room. Women do their own laundry, keep the space clean and organized, and take turns preparing meals for the entire house.

Alumni reviews of Alpha Oaks are positive. The sole respondent to the Rehabs.com survey, alum M.S., gave perfect five-star ratings for the counselors’ respect for client’s treatment preferences, inclusion of holistic approaches, and overall group therapy. “I was there once before and was not ready but I loved the resort feel to it…so went back when was ready to change,” M.S. wrote.

Reviews on secondary sites are also uniformly positive. On Google, six reviewers gave an average rating of 4.5 out of five stars with only a single negative review. "This place & the staff are absolutely wonderful" wrote alum K.N. "Thank you for helping me get back to where I needed & wanted to be"[1]

On Alpha Oaks’ unofficial Facebook page, the facility received a near-perfect average rating of 4.8 stars out of five based on 21 reports. Recurring praise was given to the outstanding staff and the program’s application of 12-Step. “The women who nurtured me through the hardest time in my life showed me not only that I could live a life free of drugs and alcohol, but that I could do it gracefully,” five-star reviewer Erica wrote.[2]

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website regarding its costs, though it does note: “We do not discriminate in the delivery of service due to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, disability or ability to pay."

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alpha-Oaks-Residence-Womens-Recovery-Home-Detox/167088973302577

Published on October 2018

MS

I was there once before and was not ready but I loved the resort feel to it also it was away from old persons and places so went back when was ready to change.