Reflections Executive Rehab Facility in Novato, CA

Call (415) 849-2280 to Contact Reflections Executive Rehab Facility

1191 Simmons Lane
Novato CA 94945

Reflections Executive Rehab Facility Philosophy

Reflections' believes in taking a truly personalized approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment, which is why just six individuals are admitted at a time. Clients receive specially tailored treatment plans and an unparalleled level of care in a comfortable, peaceful, and healing environment. First-class accommodations and a variety of amenities are provided, allowing the group to relax and feel safe as they work toward stability and sobriety.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Electronics Welcome

Individualized Treatment

Executive Chef

Dr Laureen Turner Worden, PhD

Clinical Director of IOP

Dr. Laureen Turner Worden brings more than 20 years of experience to her work as a Licensed Psychologist. Dr. Turner Worden’s clinical conceptualizations and interventions have been informed by the works of Leslie Greenberg, Ph.D., who created Emotion Focused Therapy; Marsha Linehan, Ph.D., the creator of DBT; and Bruce Perry, M.D., Ph.D., and Janina Fisher, Ph.D. who are at the forefront of current research and treatment approaches in the field of trauma. Dr. Laureen Turner Worden has participated in Level I and Level II trainings in Emotionally Focused Therapy with Les Greenberg, Ph.D.; completed the year-long intensive training process in DBT; and has 2 levels of training in EMDR. Her therapeutic style is interpersonal, experiential, developmental and process oriented, as she strives to meet her clients where they are at, and create in-vivo experiences to foster therapeutic growth and to deepen learning.

Dr. Matt Blagys, PhD

Clinical Director

Dr. Blagys earned his Ph. D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Arkansas where he published and presented research on treatment processes and outcomes. Dr. Blagys then completed his internship and postdoctoral fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School where he continued to hone his clinical skills and publish research. Dr. Blagys then completed a prestigious four year postdoctoral fellowship at the Austen Riggs Center, a nationally recognized residential treatment center specializing in working with clients previously labeled 'as treatment resistant'--individuals with highly complex psychiatric and substance abuse problems and chronic suicidal ideation/attempts that have struggled to benefit from traditional mental health treatment and substance abuse treatment. It was at Austen Riggs where Dr. Blagys developed his philosophy of patient centered care that preserves and prizes clients' authority for their treatment and treatment goals. Dr. Blagys became passionate about helping others traditionally labeled as resistant or difficult to treat and sought to extend his philosophy to other treatment centers. Dr. has worked in several addiction and residential treatment centers including Primary Therapist and Admissions Director at the The Boyer House, Staff Psychologist, Co-Chair of the Psychology Department, and Internship Supervisor at Napa State Hospital, and as Clinical Director of Alta Mira Recovery Programs in Marin County, CA. In his free time, Dr. Blagys enjoys spending time with his family and children and playing sports. His current clinical interests including addiction recovery, working with treatment resistance, personality disorders, and working in multidisciplinary teams.

ABOUT REFLECTIONS EXECUTIVE REHAB FACILITY

Located in the Bay Area suburb of Novato, Calif., Reflections Executive Rehab Facility is a boutique, luxury residential treatment center that provides a full continuum of programming for executives and business professionals struggling with addiction and co-occurring disorders. The facility also offers medically managed detox, intensive outpatient care (IOP), and sober housing for residential alumni.

In addition to substance misuse, the rehab treats process addictions, including gambling and sex addictions. A specialized treatment track is available for clients who identify as LGBT, a service offered at 27.1 percent of rehabs in California.

Upon admission, all clients undergo a comprehensive psychosocial assessment with the clinical director. If necessary, clients begin their stay with medically managed detox, a week-long program. Once stabilized, clients may transition to the center’s residential program.

Depending on the individual needs of the client, Reflections’ residential program typically lasts 30, 60, or 90 days, placing the facility among the 33.6 percent of rehabs in California that offer long-term (30+ days) residential treatment. Utilizing a range of treatment modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), the facility offers both individual therapy sessions and process groups that address trauma, anger management, grief and loss, and relapse prevention.

As part of aftercare planning, clients may be encouraged to transition into a 12-week intensive outpatient program (IOP), a service offered at 39.4 percent of rehabs in California. Residential alumni who require a more intensive level of care may transition into the center’s extended-care program, which offers high-end sober housing and 20 hours of clinical programming per week.

Reflections offers a staff-to-client ratio of 3:1. The treatment team includes a psychiatrist, psychologists, nurses, licensed counselors, certified addiction counselors, and holistic treatment specialists.

Reflections’ residential clients stay in a luxurious Mediterranean-style villa situated on two secluded acres. Accommodating just six clients at a time, the facility offers private bedrooms and bathrooms, individual work stations, a pool, a hot tub, a game room, and a fully-equipped gym. A wide variety of other amenities, such as gourmet meals, yoga therapy, and massages, are also available.

Of the 29 alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, 26 left highly positive reviews. Numerous reviewers complimented the individualized treatment and the quality of the staff. Many also praised the luxurious nature of the facility as well as its amenities. “They diagnosed my mental health issues, fed me well, counseled me, gave me healthy things to do,” G.B. wrote in a representative review."

Reviews on Google were similarly positive.[1] Nearly forty reviewers on the site contributed to a 4.7 out of five-star average rating.

The only three alumni who submitted negative reviews to Rehabs.com criticized both the treatment and the facilities. "Reflections makes somewhat of a fuss about the luxurious nature of the facility - that is overblown. The facility... is not really suited for a residential rehab facility," alum D. wrote in a representative review.

The six family members polled by Rehabs.com to date all gave positive reviews. T.H. described the program as “exceptional.” S.S., the parent of a client, found Reflections to be superior to other rehabs in the Bay Area and expressed appreciation for the center’s level of family involvement. “They was caring, helpful and insightful in our parent weekly phone conferences,” S.S. wrote in a representative review.

T.J., the lone staff member surveyed by Rehabs.com to date left a highly positive review. "Having worked in the addiction treatment field for a decade, I can honestly say that Reflections is doing some of the most powerful and effective treatment in the industry," T.J. wrote.

Reflections’ residential program is $65,000 per month or $2,500 per day. The 90-day residential program costs $150,000. According to its website, Reflections accepts most major insurance policies and PPO plans.

Published on August 2019

Ep

Reflections detox was one of the WORST experiences in my life, While promised a ground-floor level room by three different staff, Due to my walking disability, I was hustled upstairs to a tower jail cell. I sat up there for 4 nights with no access to any other facilities/the kitchen/treatment groups, etc. They just drugged me the whole time. Finally, after telling them I was getting NO benefit and I was going to leave, they moved me to the 1st floor—-which had wet towels, full trash cans, and had obviously not received any housekeeping before I moved there. This was on my 4th day (or only 3 days until my departure). I was finally able to walk around and discover the dining room, kitchen, menu schedule, activity schedule, and more. (PS: I didn’t receive any food or water for my first 36 hours when I first got there). So now I only was there for less than 3 days in my $10,000 weekly stay. I heard I was supposed to receive a blood lab test within 72 hrs of admission—-but mine occurred on my 6th day, and I am still awaiting that bill. At Admissions and at Exit, I was supposed to sign several forms—-without getting the opportunity to even read them. It has been approx a month and I haven’t received anything (as was promised). For me, there were 3 really helpful staff, but the rest actually lied, didn’t follow through on anything, and just left me to rot in the 2nd floor jail room. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone,

Steve

A truly wonderful facility. My experience was as a loved one of a resident. I strongly recommend this facility to anyone who needs help with their addiction issues and to the families who may be searching for help for their loved ones. All of my questions were answered and my concerns were addressed. If you are a family member make sure you take advantage of family day and talk to your loved one’s doctors, therapists and counselors during their treatment. BE INVOLVED. A truly wonderful facility.

Casey

I was in the in-patient and then the out-patient at Reflection in 2018 and currently have 7 months of sobriety. I could not have achieved this without the treatment I received from the Reflections program.

N. S.

I have been placing clients in to the top Rehab Centers In the Nation for over a decade. Having tracked client outcomes over long periods of time I have paid attention to results. Reflections is in the top of its class for a true, fully developed addiction & dual diagnosis treatment program. Proven results over time...... Rehab-Advice Group

Adam

My stay at Reflections was amazing. They have a great staff of very concerned and caring individuals. Most of the PA's are in recovery and the Dr.'s are experts in their field so there is a lot of compassion and understanding of what you are going through. The atmosphere is not what you would expect from a drug and alcohol rehab program. It's more like a resort than a treatment center. Individual rooms and bathrooms, a private chef for breakfast lunch and dinner, and freedom to use your cell phone and computer. That being said, they do give you a lot of work to do and you are kept on a tight schedule throughout the day, this is a rehab after all. I personally enjoyed the schedule as it's very similar to my daily routine at work. When it became obvious that I needed help I wanted an upscale environment where I could work on my alcohol addiction and still be able to run my companies and Reflections had the atmosphere that I could do that in. I've been sober for several months now and look forward to a life without alcohol thanks to their program everyone there.

Debbie

I can not say enough good things about Reflections. My room and the view were amazing. The food is excellent, however, if you would like something different the chef will try to accommodate your desires. It felt like I was there with family after a couple days. Everyone is very kind and helpful. The nurses and doctors were extremely knowledgeable and explained every step of the way. I highly recommend Reflections Executive Rehab.

Joe F

A really awesome treatment program all the way from detox to residential to extended care and outpatient treatment. The staff is very qualified and credentialed, and have hearts of gold. Also all the accommodations they provide are pretty amazing. Definitely a place to go to get well

KS

Reflections is top of the line in treating dial diagnosis. The small setting and intensified 1:1 treatment is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. The clinicians are amazing, the amenities are wonderful, and they offer the same caliber treatment from detox all the way through IOP. a place that really can save lives!

Gregory

I have seen countless people attend reflections and leave to lead a success life due to the tools they learned and treatment they received while at reflections. Great program

AC

The treatment received at this facility was unparalleled to any treatment I have received before. I unfortunately had been to treatment a handful of times before coming to Reflections and what I was taught and exposed to here was different from any other. The main item being self-acceptance and the difference between shame and guilt. I can believe in myself now. Thank you

E.K.P.

Our son has completed residential treatment at Reflections. He has now moved on the the Extended program. We couldn't be happier with the quality of the experience our son had. The accommodations & amenities and meals and nutrition are all exceptionally good. What really elevates the program is the professionalism and expertise of addiction and recovery the staff demonstrates. The program was thorough and demanding. The approach was firm, kind and compassionate. Our son has had many other experiences in residential treatment. None offered the all around quality Reflections offered. I would whole-heartedly recommend the program at Reflections.

David

I recently underwent treatment for alcohol and benzodiazepene additcition at Reflections. The experience was not good. On the positive side, the food in the residential facility was excellent (not so much in the detox facility) and most of the non-professional staff was sympathetic. I say "most" because one of the non-professional staff members was unsuited for his position, suffering from an inflated ego as well as a sick habit of using his position of minor power to make life uncomfortable for the clients. The professional staff was good; one of the professional staff members was very good. There was no true medical supervision. There was no doctor on site and the supervision of medication was left to a nurse practitioner who, for all practical purposes, was only available by telephone and even then only rarely. The clients also saw an outside psychiatrist on a weekly basis. In my case, the lack of medical supervision resulted in some very unpleasant consequences due to an apparent failure to adequately review my medical records which had been sent to Reflections by my psychiatrist. Finally, Reflections makes somewhat of a fuss about the luxurious nature of the facility - that is overblown. The facility was built (probably on a speculative basis) as a family residence and is not really suited for a residential rehab facility. For example, whereas some of the bedrooms were spacious, others were not. My room was probably intended as a pool room, not a bedroom and was the size of large broom closet. The much vaunted gym was unheated and virtually unusable when I was at Reflections in the month of December, which really was not much of an issue because the equipment was too ancient and decrepit to be of any use.

TJ

Having worked in the addiction treatment field for a decade, I can honestly say that Reflections is doing some of the most powerful and effective treatment in the industry. I have seen countless clients break the cycle of their addictive behavior after being at Reflections. It is a very personalized and luxurious setting too!

PJ

Reflections provides comprehensive care from the time you first contact them to long after you complete treatment. You feel like you are treated like a human being by a group of professionals of all ages. The residential setting and family type feel of all of their programs ensures you get the direct one on one attention that those making major changes to their lifestyles need when they are at their lowest and most vulnerable. The accommodations are first rate and the other clients I got to know during my experiences were great. I highly recommend Reflections whether for yourself or for a loved one. The experts there are not just hired actors you see on a television ad telling you they can cure your addictions. Reflections staff know exactly what it takes to transform a person from a life of unhealthy misery to a healthy and wholesome lifestyle that is sustainable for years to come as long as you are willing to put in the work!

Jake

Couldn't have found a better place, so grateful for the tools for success Reflections provided.

KA

Living at Reflections works because the staff really care about the clients. They personalize recovery, the way it should be. The in-depth mental health aspect of the program ensures that clients understand and get exactly what they need. I would definitely recommend Reflections for anyone who wants to stay sober. If you are serious about bettering your life, they have the support and program to help you do so.

ah

Perhaps now there are accredited staff. My stay was a disaster on many levels in 2012.

Trevor

My experience at Living At Reflections, LLC was nothing but extraordinary; they truly saved my life. The staff are all extremely professional, intelligent and most of all, understanding. The house is beautiful, relaxing and accommodating.. I found myself in the pool and gym almost everyday in between groups and one-on-ones. The small capacity (6 person maximum) was a big selling point for me, and proved to be as ideal for recovery as I had imagined. During my time at Reflections, all of the other patients in the house were so dedicated and friendly.. we were honestly a tight-knit unit in recovery together! It was almost hard leaving at the end of my treatment, and believe me.. I never thought I would be saying that! LOL. In all seriousness, I went in to this program as a broken, dying man and came out whole again with tools to keep my recovery moving forward.. I couldn't ask for anything better. I am now on good terms with my friends and family again, working for the first time in 2 1/2 years and feeling better than I honestly ever have. If you are in a tough spot and unsure if this is the program for you, just give it a shot.. I guarantee you will not be disappointed, this is the best program I have ever seen or heard about. Thanks again Reflections, I not only have my life back.. I have a new life that is actually worth living. - TK

BH

I recently completed Reflections Extended Care Program which was a live changing experience. They provided me an incredibly high level of care during a very trying time in my life. Reflections has a safe, supportive and caring environment that allowed me to look deep inside myself and do the work necessary to get well. The educational aspect of the program was thorough and diverse. The accommodations are peaceful and serene. It is obvious that Reflections has worked very hard to create this environment. I am forever grateful for my time spent at Reflections and all the tools and skills they helped me develop.

SMS

I cannot say enough good about Reflections and their staff. Our son had been in a number of the top rehabs in the Bay Area prior to going to Reflections and never did he receive the individual attention, care, and concern that he did from the Reflections' team. Everyone we worked with on the team was experienced, kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. Both Drs went above & beyond again and again as they helped our son maneuver through some extremely challenging times in his life. They was caring, helpful and insightful in our parent weekly phone conferences. The Dr. did all in their power to help our son get to the next best place when he was leaving Reflections. We had group calls with them and other therapists. I do believe that they truly cared about our son's wellbeing and recovery. They took him in at a very desperate time in his life and gave him excellent therapy & a foundation from which he could begin a new and better life. We’re very grateful to the Reflections’ team for giving our son this chance for a new start in life. I don’t think you can find a better place to help your loved one recover.

Danny

Reflections helped to seriously jump start my recovery The fantastic staff helped me resolve the underlying reasons that kept me from staying clean and sober. If you truly want to get and stay clean and sober, Reflections is a great first step They have the mojo and they care.

VPR

The treatment staff is excellent and empathetic. It really helped to know the how and the why of addiction along with coping and sobriety tools. The small group size allows great peer interaction and individualised attention from the staff.

CJ

a wonderful facility with a knowledgable staff. thank you WF for all of your hard work, attention to detail, and being genuinely caring....

Ann

I am eternally grateful to the amazing staff at Reflections. Although my time in inpatient treatment was rather short, it was intensive and amazing and changed the course of my life. I originally got sober using the 12 steps, and thought I knew everything there was to know about recovery... until a devastating relapse which left me hopeless, and led me to Reflections. The therapists there taught me so much about the scientific nature of the problem and the solution, self acceptance, and how to move forward and start to believe in myself again. I draw upon the tools I learned there every single day. As an added perk I also made some wonderful friends who I\'m still in touch with. The accommodations are top-notch in every single way.

T.H.

Exceptional treatment in every way pointing to continuing success for our family\'s well-being.

GB

Reflections helped me start a new path in life - one that I really did not believe was possible or could have even imagined. I got sober March 4, 2013, the day I checked in to Reflections. When I started, I did not believe I really had a problem. I just knew I was completely miserable and my life was falling apart - I was out of work, drinking and drugging all day every day, separated from my wife and on the road to divorce, physically and mentally a complete mess. Worst of all, the drugs and alcohol were not soothing me anymore. Still, I thought the world was the problem and alcohol and drugs were my deserved and necessary medicine. I checked in to Reflections thinking I\'d just dry out for a month and then I could drink and use like a normal person. The incredible staff at Reflections helped me begin to open up to the reality of my life as an alcoholic and drug addict. And they helped me see that I did not ever have to drink or use drugs again if I committed myself to a program of recovery based on the daily and vigilant act of living a different way. They diagnosed my mental health issues, fed me well, counseled me, gave me healthy things to do, introduced me to new people who were going through exactly what I was going through. They gave me a chance to begin to heal. They got me connected w/ a world-renowned psychiatrist who helped figure out what was going on in my head and led me through a neural feedback program. They introduced me to outside programs of recovery. Most importantly, they helped me develop a program of action for when I checked out. I am still living that program. So today, I am still sober. And as a result, my wife and I are back together, we have a young daughter, I have more work than I know what to do with, and I have - for the first time in my adult life - real faith in the knowledge that I never have to drink or use drugs again and that there\'s nothing life can throw at me that drugs or alcohol can\'t make a lot worse. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor - check your butt into Reflections. And then when you\'re getting ready to check out, make sure you\'ve got a rock-solid program of recovery through action that you stick to. You never have to drink or do drugs again.

LM

I was in rehab at this facility three times. It was the third time when I finally followed the staff\'s directions and advice that got me on the path to recovery. Each time I was treated with compassion and was given excellent medical and psychological treatment and advice.

AM

Some of the best staff out there for addiction recovery

WF

The most thorough, top of the line, credential, compassionate and comfortable treatment facility I have ever known!