Renaissance Ranch Treatment Centers in Bluffdale, UT

Call (801) 341-1749 to Contact Renaissance Ranch Treatment Centers

2973 West 13800 South
Bluffdale UT 84065

Renaissance Ranch Treatment Centers Philosophy

Our approach to recovery is based on the original 12 Step Program. What makes Renaissance Ranch unique is that we incorporate cutting edge research in to our recovery system. Research that has been carefully vetted and confirmed by our experience with successful recoveries. This means we supplement the 12 Step Program with several different types of therapy including: experiential & adventure therapy, group sessions, and also family therapy resources. We also offer medically assisted detox and recovery options for individuals that meet certain criteria.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Process Abuse Treatment
    Not all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.

Accepts Most Insurance

Cost for treatment is below national average

Faith-Based

Dave Callister, LCSW

Executive Clinical Director

Dave graduated from the University of Utah with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, and a Master’s degree in Social Work. In addition to his formal education, he has been in recovery from substance dependence since 1999. During his own struggle with addiction, Dave found light and purpose through the 12-step program, and has been passionate about sharing the message of hope and healing ever since. He has worked with youth, adults, and families suffering from addiction and mental illness at multiple programs including LifeLine For Youth, Lakeview Hospital, University of Utah Neuropsychiatric Institute (UNI), and Renaissance Ranch Residential and Outpatient Programs. Aside from his work, Dave loves the outdoors, playing golf, spending time with family, and listening to music and playing the guitar.

Kris Groves, ASUDC

Programming Director

Kris is a Advanced Substance Use Disorder Counselor and has been working in the field of substance abuse since 1996. Kris is the Program Director for Renaissance Ranch. She has worked in general outpatient and intensive outpatient programs. As a volunteer for the Family Home Evening Program at the Utah State Prison, Kris educates women about addiction and recovery. She has been certified as a DUI instructor for the State of Utah. Kris has worked as an anger management specialist and workshop presenter for addiction education. She also presents workshops on addiction and recovery in smaller communities in Utah and Idaho. As a family systems specialist, Kris works specifically with the shame-based family system model that addresses the family needs as well as the needs of the client. Kris’s passion and commitment for people and assisting them in their healing and recovery is a great joy for her.

ABOUT RENAISSANCE RANCH

Renaissance Ranch offers addiction treatment in line with the beliefs and practices of the Mormon Church. The Bluffdale, Utah facility provides gender-specific long-term residential and intensive outpatient care for men and women who are struggling with substance use disorders, including those who have received a dual diagnosis of co-occurring mental health conditions. Family involvement in the recovery process is a priority and a long-term education program is available for loved ones. Detoxification services are not available on-site.

Clients are expected to have been through detox prior to beginning treatment at Renaissance Ranch and referrals to a recommended facility are provided if needed. After completing a scheduled assessment on-site, clients begin a program typically lasting a minimum of six months. Residential rehab is 60 days, followed by another 120 days of outpatient care.

The Renaissance Ranch website presents a holistic approach to recovery, built on 12-step and therapeutic community models. Both emphasize personal responsibility and peer support. While therapy is also faith-based, clients are not required to be a church member. In addition to spiritual, social, and psychological recovery (which is supported by cognitive behavioral therapy), residents can expect to participate in experiential and physical activities, which include adventure and animal therapies. The residential program also incorporates work therapy. Among the gender-specific concerns addressed are socialization, trauma, and shame.

After developing a thorough discharge plan and completing two months in residence, clients begin participating in some form of structured, outpatient program. They may stay in a recommended sober housing facility or their own residence, supported by case management plans addressing employment, housing, and holistic wellness. Clients take random drug tests and continue attending group therapy sessions, beginning with more frequent, multi-evening meetings for 90 days before transitioning into once a week for 60 days. An array of counseling services are available in Bluffdale and at other Renaissance Ranch facilities throughout Utah, Idaho, and Arizona.

Aftercare also offers an active alumni network with 12-step meetings and recreational outings such as golf.

Successful graduates of the ranch's six-month program may return for relapse-recovery treatment at no extra cost should they require it.

According to the Renaissance Rance website, many staff members are in recovery themselves. The treatment team includes licensed clinical social workers, licensed substance use disorder counselors, and a degreed recreational therapist. Staff have experience working with DUIs and domestic violence.

The Renaissance Ranch Bluffdale residences are set on several acres which feature outdoor meditation and meeting spaces, an exercise and sauna building, horses, and a fruit tree garden. Semi-private rooms and group spaces in each residence showcase views of surrounding mountains and other natural beauty.

According to photographs and descriptions on the facility's website, the men's location hosts a multi-sport field, running track, and wood-burning stoves. Women have access to a swimming pool, yoga sessions, and a basketball court. Whole food meals are provided by chefs on-site and residents contribute to daily living tasks. No caffeine or tobacco are allowed.

Of 15 former clients who submitted reviews to Rehabs.com for Renaissance Ranch, more than half reported that the program saved or changed their lives positively. Reviewers specifically praised the alumni program, improvement in family relationships, and transferable skills learned during treatment. One alum polled more extensively awarded ratings of four or five out of five stars for each metric measured, including the staff's level of training and experience, the program's capacity to treat co-occurring disorders, and the facility's cleanliness and upkeep.

The three alumni who provided critical reviews complained of not enough individual counseling and an approach to recovery that was not as serious or spiritual as expected. They tended, however, to indicate moderate satisfaction with accommodations.

The six friends and family members of alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date provided more mixed feedback. A metric measuring the overall effectiveness of treatment received ratings split evenly between one star and four or five stars, for an average of 2.8 out of five. Two reviewers agreed with the critical alumni who wanted more one-on-one and more evidence-based therapy. On the other hand, all five asked to rate the facility's cleanliness and upkeep agreed it was very good, with an average rating of 4.4. Ratings also leaned positively toward the affordability of treatment, involvement of families in the program, and holistic offerings, with average 3.3-, 3.2- and three-star ratings respectively. The latter aspects are areas of emphasis on the facility's website.

Renaissance Ranch offers finance options through Prosper Healthcare Lending. The $24,000 cost of treatment, reported by facility staff to Rehabs.com, includes two months of residential and another up to six months of outpatient care, along with family therapy and recovery coaching. Most insurance plans are accepted.

Published on December 2017

My daughter entered treatment after we paid RR over $13,000 and were promised a refund if she left treatment for the pro-rated value of our payment. She left after six days, and we are still owed over $6,000. The facility has not answered a single email, phone message or letter sent over the last several months. We have employed an attorney to pursue a claim.

The greatest place that I have ever worked. Great loving environment.

One of the best things I did for myself was choosing to participate in this program, it honestly helped me change my life around and have a life that I once never thought possible. Today I am free and am able to deal with life on life's terms. I am so grateful for the ranch and the staff especially go above and beyond, they truly care and loved me without condition. I would definitely recommend the ranch to anyone who truly wants to change.

Good.

I think with my experience here i will be able to help others and know how to live life sober and clean

This program has changed and saved my life. I won't ever have a way of repaying them, they gave me my sobriety.

Renaissance gives me a sense of community. I gives me a place where I belong. Even after graduation I am able to come and participate in group and Renaissance Ranch events. This place has given me a family. A sober family. Once you're a part of Renaissance, you will have friends for life.

It has made my relationship with my spouse much better.

The Ranch changed my life. The things I learned I still use everyday.

My brother went through this treatment center after one other failed attempt. He just picked up his 7 Year chip! It has truly had an impact on our family's life that could not have been there unless he got help. God bless all the staff at Renaissance Ranch!

I'm so grateful for Renaissance Ranch Treatment Centers. This is where I found hope, discovered who I am, formed a strong connection with my higher power, built a support system of people I can trust and who love me, was able to work on the trauma that was tormenting me, was able to learn the tools/skills for long term sobriety and most importantly I was able to love myself again. This opportunity was a miracle, my recovery is a miracle! I am a Miracle! God has restored my life more then I ever could have dreamed. Today I have my glow back, that sparkle in my eyes full of hope & gratitude. I have the opportunity to give others what I have been given.

Magic and healing happens at the ranch. The staff have so much love, compassion and knowledge for the work they do and for the clients that are served.

Renaissance Ranch in Farmington has a unique approach that blends the feel of a "ma and pa" type of family feeling, but with great education and accountability. I love the feeling I get when I walk through the front door because I know that love prevails and a spirit of non-judgment.

Great care and atmosphere. Staff and clinical are great and do their jobs with love.

Renaissance Ranch gave me hope and a new way to live. The staff showed me by example that sobriety is possible and gave me love and support when I did not love myself. Renaissance Ranch saved my life

its just like every other 12 step program, the only difference is they dont let you smoke or drink coffee and the outpatient program is a joke

This place is so messed up. First of all, don't expect a spiritual environment, let alone truly LDS. Second, one staff member is a weirdo. You won't get any private counseling for the first two weeks. They can say whatever they want, even if it's completely false. This is not a supportive environment. People really just go through the motions.

Strengths: The overall success depends on the participant Weaknesses: I think there needs to be more focus on productivity and accomplishments rather than meditation and recreation.

Renaissance Ranch is home for me. I came here over three years ago broken and on the verge of giving up on life. I learned to love myself and be comfortable in my own skin. Most importantly I learned how to live life sober. Today I have relationships with other people in sobriety that mean the world to me. Everyday I talk with at least one brother that I went through house with. In total there are still 10 out of 18 brothers from my time in house that are still sober. I always hear people talk about odds and at this place there are no odds, you learn to stay sober and can if you want it.

The Ranch changed my life! I attended Renaissance Ranch over 3 years ago. It is definitely one of those you get out what you put in type of programs, just how recovery is, and how it should be. I was at a point of desperation in my life and tried so many times to do it on my own and after I failed repeatedly, I was finally granted the humility and realization that I needed help. My family had been looking at the Ranch for quite some time. Originally from Albuquerque, NM I flew out to Utah and checked in at the Ranch. Here I am 3 years later, still in Utah, still sober, and in active recovery! I owe a lot of it to the foundation, tools, and program that the Ranch provided. I am still connected with a lot guys that I went through with and with guys who have attended, and are still attending the Ranch currently. The comradery here is unreal and all are people who have gone through, or are going through the same thing. I am not alone, and I never was, thank you Renaissance Ranch and staff. Much love for all of you.

Before I entered Renaissance Ranch, I attempted to stay sober on my own every possible way I knew how. I was at an all-time low spiritually and physically. While I was a resident here, not only did I find the tools necessary for long term sobriety, but had many deeply profound and spiritual experiences. My family enjoys having me around, I have great relationships with others in recovery and most important of all, I am content and at peace with the way my life is today. I owe it to the Ranch and the 12 steps. Miracles do happen.

Life-changing is the only way to describe my experience at Renaissance Ranch. I was broken and exhausted when I showed up at the front door but I walked out with something I hadn't had in years, hope and a new love for myself. My addiction to drugs and alcohol had taken over my life and distanced me from friends and family. I learned to be the husband, and father, I always wanted to be by taking my addiction head on with the help of the therapists and the brotherhood. The Ranch broke the isolation that was caused by my addiction. It opened a whole new world of love and connection with my brothers at the Ranch. I had been through several other programs in the past but at the Ranch I was able to break through my denial and embrace a new way of living. Today I engage the world from a place of worthiness and a deep sense of love and compassion for myself and others. There is not a day that goes by that I don't use something I learned at the Ranch these many years later. It holds a special place in my heart, an experience I will never forget.

Everything about this program works. I would not recommend anywhere else. The twelve step program makes for easier transition to recovery after we graduated. The family group was also very helpful to me and my family.

The ranch saved my life, it's as simple as that.

This place is the best. Saved my life. Taught me how to grow up.

This place changed my life and the lives of my entire family.

Helped my loved one with abuse problems. My loved one was able to get the help he needed to help stop his addiction.

Clean facility, but not very affordable

Authenticity was a strength. Location could've been better. Special.

Good holistic offering at an affordable price

Overall a good program.

Renaissance Ranch is awful. On their website if you click the "About Us" link at the top you'll read the following: "Renaissance Ranch is a Utah rehab that uses an LDS (Mormon, religious based rehab) addiction recovery program. We use the traditional 12 Step approach to treatment combined with Gospel Principles as they relate to alcohol and drug addiction. We believe that true recovery includes spiritual healing. It has been our experience that this approach has proven to be the most successful. We ask that all clients seeking treatment at Renaissance Ranch be open to this aspect of their addiction recovery. Individuals seeking treatment at Renaissance Ranch are not required to be active members of the LDS (Mormon) faith or any other denomination." I was one of twenty plus clients, the sickest clients get the most attention. The counselors are rigid and the focus is centered more on working the 12 steps and group therapy compared with individual counseling. Approximately 60 percent of individuals suffering from Addiction also have psychological mental health issues. Individual counseling and attention are essential to helping people suffering from mental health issues. Treating addiction and all of the issues causing addiction at the same time and in the same setting are essential. This place cannot provide that. I am religious and believe in God, but individual counseling and evidence based therapy are the key to successful recovery, not faith and 12-steps.

Our program price includes an entire year of treatment. We are a 90 day residential followed up by 90 days of intense out-patient and then another 6 months of general out-patient. That actually puts us far below most treatment center pricing with the exception of state funded programs. Insurance options are available which also significantly reduce the out of pocket expenses.