Renewal Health Group in Los Angeles, CA

4815 WOODLEY AVE
Los Angeles CA 91436

Renewal Health Group Philosophy

The most challenging aspect of rehabilitation is sustainability. We are all familiar with the far too high relapse rate despite the vast expenditure of time, energy and financial resources for professional support and therapy.
Our philosophy is that sobriety is not simply How to live a healthy life, but rather the result of discovering Why to live a healthy life. We believe that when there’s a Why there’s a Way.
Our focus is to stimulate the thoughts and emotions needed to awaken the uniquely positive characteristics of each individual.
At Renewal Healthcare we understand that each person is the product of their own life’s experiences resulting in their own very specific personal challenges. Within our warm nurturing environment our residents will have the access to connect with one or more of our highly qualified and carefully chosen clinicians, counselors, and successful role models, in some cases recovering addicts themselves. That is why the foundation of the program is on a very low staff to resident ratio.
We believe each resident can find a mentor, from amongst this diverse array of potential role models who will help awaken their optimism, faith and the very real possibility of a beautiful tomorrow.
Our staff at Renewal Healthcare recognize the importance of helping our residents create a healthy support system they can integrate into their daily life when they are finished with our program.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Detox
    Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

50-Bed Facility

3:1 Staff to Client Ratio

On-site Chef

Dr. Javaherian

MD

Dr. Javaherian specializes in the treatment of psychiatric disorders including depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorder and addiction through medication management. Dr. Javaherian completed her residency training in psychiatry at the University of Southern California Medical Center. After graduating she joined faculty at USC and was on staff teaching medical students and residents. She has special interests in the medical management of Attention Deficit Disorder, Anxiety, Depression and Addiction. She is member of the American College of Psychiatrists and American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology

Melissa Sidnam MA, RADT-I

Director of Operations

Melissa is a native Californian, growing up in the Bay Area before moving north to complete her undergraduate and graduate degrees in Psychology from Humboldt State University. Melissa spent many years in Event Management, Marketing and Sponsorship Coordination. In 2013 Melissa redirected to a career in addiction rehabilitation serving first as a volunteer and then as a counselor. As Sanctuary’s Director of Operations, Melissa is able to bring this experience together, providing operational management as well as running groups and providing client intervention.

ABOUT RENEWAL RECOVERY

Located in Los Angeles, Calif., Renewal Recovery offers detox, sober living, and outpatient treatment to individuals who are struggling with mental health disorders and addiction. Renewal Recovery is one of 216 outpatient facilities that offer detox in the state of California.

According to Renewal Recovery's website, each client receives an individualized treatment plan, which is based on a traditional therapeutic curriculum.

Treatment plans typically include individual therapy, group therapy, psychiatry, 12-step therapy, mindful meditation groups, art therapy, message therapy, holistic healing, family therapy, and the discovery model. Programming may also include SMART Recovery.

Along with clinical programming, the center offers structured activities such as daily physical recreational activities, mindfulness meditation, yoga, surfing, horseback riding, fitness training, membership to a health club, and meditation hikes.

Renewal Recovery also offers aftercare that is built on three principles -- productivity, accountability, and community. The treatment center offers safe and sober long-term housing along with introducing alumni to new job opportunities.

Renewal Recovery's website indicates the treatment team includes therapists, clinicians, yoga instructor, and meditation practitioners.

Renewal Recovery's website notes it provides sober long-term housing. Pictures on its website show a pool and a pool table.

REVIEWS

Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from this facility’s former clients, loved ones, or staffers. However, the one person who left a review on Renewal Recovery's Facebook page, which it has the ability to manage, gave five out of five stars. [1]

According to Renewal Recovery's website, it accepts most private health insurance plans, which about 54 percent of all treatment centers accept.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/renewalrecoverysolutions/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on June 2018

REALLY NICE AND SUPPORTIVE STAFF WHO GENUINELY CARE. GREAT STAFF, FUN ACTIVITIES, VERY INFORMATIVE, STAFF IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE, HONEST WITH A KIND APPROACH, VERY FUNNY.

My experience at the Sanctuary house was absolutely incredible. Going into treatment was a very scary thing for me and the fact that the staff made me feel so welcome really blew me away. Everything about this program worked for me. It truly felt like a home away from home. I am so blessed I got this opportunity of a lifetime. For anyone who is battling an addiction, I strongly suggest this program. The fact everyone is so welcoming was incredible. I immediately felt safe and hopeful about my recovery. There are too many strengths, which is a wonderful thing all around.

I was a client at Sanctuary. I came in broken and lost and they helped me find a new way to live. I could not have done it without them. This place truly saved my life. Great staff, great program. I would recommend anyone to go here if you're struggling with addiction.

I talk to former and current clients all the time, and their response is always , "I love it" , "I wanna stay longer", and an overall feeling of gratefullness

I came here willing and in need of help. i asked for it daily and received just that. I received the help I ask for as long as I remained willing to receive the help.

this place and my co-workers are amazing they love what they do they really want to help ppl beat there addictions there not just here for a paycheck and the Director of the facility Saeed is truly an amazing person and one of the realist n fairest ppl you have ever met if I could give this facility n it's entire team of staff 100 stars i would and if your really looking to get help with ur addiction this is definitely the right place!!!

Challenging, uncomfortable, saved me

This is a more intimate setting, where a person can get more one on one attention and care that larger programs can not always offer.

Renewal Health Group has a bond unlike any other treatment program in the field. Having worked at The largest Behavioral Health Programs in the nation, Sanctuary/Phoenix Rising truly have a clinical/ client focused program second to none. The growth and positive environment created is setting a new industry standard.