Restoration Ranch in Ramona, CA

940 Montecito Way
Ramona CA 92065

Restoration Ranch Philosophy

ABOUT RESTORATION RANCH

Located in Ramona, Calif., Restoration Ranch is a nonprofit organization that provides faith-based, residential treatment for adult men who are struggling with addiction. Founded in 1999, Restoration Ranch caters to a broad range of clients, including those who have recently been released from prison.

According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 52.3 percent of rehabs in California offer a program specifically tailored to adult men. The same survey indicates that 39.9 percent of rehabs in the state have a program specifically tailored to criminal justice clients.

According to its website, Restoration Ranch’s signature program includes mentorship and counseling based on 12-step principles. The program also includes Bible study, as well as training that addresses job preparedness, life skills, and social skills. Additionally, staff are available to help residents with fulfilling court orders and accessing additional services such medical and mental health treatment.

Most clients remain in the program for at least one month. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 33.6 percent of rehabs in California offer a long-term (30 days or longer) residential treatment program in a non-hospital setting.

For an additional monthly fee, clients may enroll in a more intensive treatment program that includes the standard program’s services, plus additional evaluations and therapy, family counseling, personal coaching, and developmental workshops.

According to Restoration Ranch’s website, the center’s executive director is a licensed pastor, and counseling services are overseen by a Ph.D.-level therapist.

Located in a rural setting in the foothills of San Diego County, Restoration Ranch can accommodate up to 18 individuals. A 2017 SAMHSA survey, indicates that the average number of designated beds in residential rehab facilities in California is 30.

According to the center’s online photo gallery, the grounds feature gardens, outdoor seating areas, and a swimming pool. Recreational activities include volleyball, basketball, and horse shoes.

To date, the seven alumni who submitted reviews to Rehabs.com all gave extremely positive feedback. In particular, these alumni praised the effectiveness of the treatment program as well as the facility's staff. In a representative review, alum C. wrote: "Restoration ranch is probably the best treatment center for people serious about recovery. The staff goes above and beyond to get individuals the help they truly need."

Many alumni considered the facility life-saving and appreciated the faith-based approach. Alum J.H. echoed this sentiment, writing: "This is an amazing program that saved my life and helped restore my family!" Alum Danny added: "Restoration Ranch not only saved my life but gave me a new one that was better than I could have ever imagined."

Reviews submitted to third-party sites were also universally positive. On Restoration Ranch's official Facebook page, which facility staff may manage, 25 alumni provided a perfect average rating of five out to five stars.[1] On Yelp, a single former client submitted a rating of five out of five stars, praising the program and its affordability.[2] Reviews were similarly positive on Google, where 22 individuals contributed to an average 4.6-star rating.[3]

The lone loved one who was polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing indicated that they would not recommend the facility to others and gave a negative review overall. They gave the center’s treatment effectiveness three stars, but gave only two stars to the staff’s level of training and experience, the center’s accommodations, its meals and nutrition, and the program’s family participation. “The facility was ghetto. The staff did not do their jobs effectively. They did not treat the residents with respect,” the anonymous reviewer wrote.

The loved did, however, give four-star ratings to center’s affordability, its cleanliness, and its exercise and leisure options. Conversely, on Yelp, five loved ones of alumni all gave extremely positive feedback, all rating the facility five out of five star.[2]

According to the center’s website, Restoration Ranch’s standard residential program is $700 a month, and the intensive program is $1,300 a month. The facility does not accept insurance.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/Restoration-Ranch-214430311904157/reviews/?ref=page_internal
[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/restoration-ranch-ramona

Published on March 2019

JH

This is an amazing program that saved my life and helped restore my family! I am so glad I found Restoration Ranch I would have died with out them!

Cameron

Restoration ranch is probably the best treatment center for people serious about recovery. The staff goes above and beyond to get individuals the help they truly need. They help in every way they can and truly care about restoring peoples lives.

Cody

This place saved my life. I had a rough time adjusting to coming out of the military. Restoration Ranch taught me to be patient in my life. The staff and director help me understand that God forgives. No matter where you are in life you can always come back. The ranch teaches men to start a new beginning to be done with the old and begin the new. I will forever be in debt to Restoration Ranch.

David

I lived 25 of the first 37 years of my life on drugs and alcohol. I felt for the last decade of my addicted life convinced this was the way I would die and I was to far past the point of able to be saved. By the grace of God I had a friend that took me to Restoration Ranch and after a day of feeling sorry for myself, I allowed myself to take what the Ranch offers and let Christ into my life. From that day forward I have been drug and alcohol free for 7 years and looking forward to the rest of my life, drug and alcohol free and living it with Jesus Christ in my life. Thank you Restoration Ranch, I never knew I could be proud of who I am again. David

Danny

Restoration Ranch not only saved my life but gave me a new one that was better than I could have ever imagined. So thankful for this place and I highly recommend the Ranch for anyone who is serious about a life of sobriety

B

Restoration Ranch saved my life.They taught me how to live a life of sobriety.And give back. The place is beautiful,you can feel the serenity.

TDS

This is an amazing place for recovery! It is on a Ranch in the mountains of San Diego. The program is very structured and the facility neat and clean. I have known several people who have successfully completed this program. Restoration Ranch feels like family as everyone helps and supports one another.

The facility had animals. The facility was ghetto. The staff did not do their jobs effectively. They did not treat the residents with respect. The animals was a nice touch.