Ridgeview Ranch Treatment Center in Altadena, CA

Call (844) 332-0227 to Contact Ridgeview Ranch Treatment Center

741 W. Woodbury Rd
Altadena CA 91001

Ridgeview Ranch Treatment Center Philosophy

From the moment you or a loved one arrives at Ridgeview Ranch Treatment Center, the process of healing begins. Ridgeview Ranch offers excellent service, customized and compassionate treatment, support, comfort and respect.
Alcohol and Drug Treatment as well as co-occurring disorders (substance abuse coupled with mental health issues) is one of the cornerstones of our program. Addressing the core issues of alcoholism and drug addiction requires the appropriate staff. Our clients meet with Certified Addiction Counselors to address their chemical dependency and they meet with Master's Level Therapists, LVN's and Psychologists for their co-occuring disorders. We provide assessments by a Board Certified Physician. Ridgeview Ranch Treatment Center is an upscale treatment center providing individualized treatment for men and women suffering from drug and alcohol addictions & co-occurring disorders. We offer all levels of care including a sub-acute medically supported detox, residential treatment, PHP and IOP. We are licensed and have achieved a CARF Accreditation which is one of the highest accreditations in the Health & Addiction Industry.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

A+ BBB Rated

CARF Accredited

Equine Therapy

Kathleen Whyte, BA, CADC II

Program Director

Ms. Whyte has over 20 years of experience in the development of skills and tools for mastering the darkness of addiction. She has worked with adolescents, adults and their families in finding solutions in chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders. She has managed, trained and mentored groups and individuals in personal growth. With 27 years of personal experience with addiction, she is able to support and encourage with warmth and wisdom.

Raul Haro

Intake Specialist

Raul has a great passion for helping our clients. He is a great listener with excellent communication & teamwork skills. He understands issues from the client's perspective and he is very creative in solving issues in order to help clients achieve success.

ABOUT RIDGEVIEW RANCH

Ridgeview Ranch offers three gender-specific residential facilities, outpatient treatment programs, and sober living homes for adults seeking treatment for addiction. The center, located in Pasadena, Calif., specializes in helping clients with co-occurring mental health disorders. Its holistic treatment approach combines the 12-Steps philosophy with a number of therapies, education groups, treatment planning, relapse prevention, and recreation. The facility is one of 200 (14 percent) of residential facilities in California to offer detoxification services.

Following a psychiatric and psychological evaluation, each client is assigned a case manager and psychologist. They work together to develop a personalized 30-to-90-day plan of residential treatment, which may be followed by further outpatient counseling. Treatment at Ridgeview Ranch is based on the 12-Steps.

If needed, treatment may begin with the client enrolling in the Sub-Acute detox program. In a medically supervised environment, the client will be able to detox properly, with access to counseling, therapy, and certain prescribed medications.

Therapists at Ridgeview have experience in cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, acceptance and commitment therapy, and the trauma-informed Seeking Safety program. Topics covered in educational or group therapy sessions include anger management, relationships, and grief.

Residential programming is highly structured and involves a minimum of 45 hours each week. Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs are also available, meeting for between five and 20 hours per week.

Ridgeview Ranch - Altadena also offers a family program. Designed to reconnect individuals with their families, the program provides addiction education to families and individuals alike. Specifically, the program fosters communication and understanding so that a client's family can be involved in their recovery and help created a supportive and safe environment.

A full year of aftercare is offered to graduates of the residential program, including both group and individual counseling. Additionally, clients may choose to live in one of the facility's gender-specific sober living homes, all of which are staffed by facility personnel.

The treatment staff includes master’s and doctoral level therapists, one of whom is certified in eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), and is able to provide the treatment for those struggling with PTSD, and certified alcohol and drug counselors. One specialized staff member offers counseling to LGBT clients. Additionally, a few staff members are in recovery themselves.

The three residential treatment homes and two sober living houses support a combined 40 clients. Photos on the center’s website show comfortable living spaces with full, modern kitchens and landscaped yards. Some clients have access to private rooms. There is a co-ed heated pool and spa. Residents also have access to yoga, hypnotherapy, drumming, spirituality therapy, meditation, and equine therapy, a fitness center and meals prepared by a gourmet chef.

The six the alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date would recommend Ridgeview Ranch to others; each provided a rating of five out of five stars for the effectiveness of treatment. Those who submitted reviews also praised the staff highly.

The main issues raised by alums were inconsistencies between the website’s presentation and the alumni’s actual experience, particularly where accommodations were concerned. Still, metrics measuring meals, nutrition, and the facility’s cleanliness and upkeep all received four and five star ratings. Alums also felt that treatment at Ridgeview was worth the cost.

At the time of this writing, secondary review sites also yielded overwhelmingly positive feedback. In a single CiteHealth review, an anonymous alum characterized the program as life-saving.[1]

Similarly, seven Yelp reviewers rated Ridgeview 4.5 stars.[2] A majority of reviewers mentioned the staff’s care and dedication to their success in recovery, and about one-third referenced the facility’s beauty or comfortability. In a representative review, T.W. wrote: "Ridgeview offers top treatment for men and women...Staffs are very friendly , the facility is beautiful, spacious, and clean! I highly recommend to everyone."

The sole loved one to submit a survey to Rehabs.com wrote a glowing review of the facility, saying this facility saved his friend. “My friend was heavily addicted to painkillers which he started using after an injury. He was in a bad place and asked me to help him. Luckily, I found Ridgeview Ranch. THis place changed his life. I highly recommend,” he wrote.

Additionally, one loved one wrote on Yelp: “My niece spent about 20 days at Ridgeview Ranch and the results were amazing. The staff was wonderful and the facility was beautiful.”

According to information provided on the facility's website, treatment costs can ranged from a low $10,000 up to $45,000, depending on the intensity and amount of care needed. Ridgeview Ranch accepts most PPO or out-of-network insurance plans, and financing is available through a partnership with Prosper Healthcare Lending.

[1] CiteHealthReviews
[2]YelpReviews

Published on April 2018

Hi had a severe meth and alcohol addiction and relapsed many times over the years. I finally found Ridgeview Ranch Treatment Center and gave it a shot. I loved the facility. It is on the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. THey have a pool and a jacuzzi so I used both to relieve some stress and anxiety I had. The staff were very caring and Dr. provided EMDR THerapy which really helped with my PTSD issues which I suffered from a traumatic event in the military. They accept my TriWest Care VA insurance which was convenient and I didnt have to be in a VA hospital. I am now 3 months sober and back to work. I have to credit the excellent staff.

terrible. unsanitary. picture not reflective of actual property. lots of mean staff. many unhappy residents. save your money. . so many wonderful places. this is not one of them. NO REAL RECOVERY HERE

the owner should close this facility. the house manager needs to be fired. The food was bad and little nutritional value.

I just completed Detox and Residential treatment at Ridgeview and I am so grateful. I initially tried detoxing in a hospital setting and I was very uncomfortable. Ridgeview offers medical support and Dr. is amazing. I made it through and I am continuing with their IOP program. I highly recommend .

Great caring people who have excellent programs to combat addiction and they also help with the withdrawal symptoms of detox. I highly reccomend

My friend was heavily addicted to painkillers which he started using after an injury. He was in a bad place and asked me to help him. Luckily, I found Ridgeview Ranch. They provided a customized treatment program and supported him through the entire process. He is now 1year sober and is still involved in the after treatment program. THis place changed his life. I highly recommend.

This is a very small facility which allows for a small, intimate setting. Their website shows a lot of horses, but very little equine therapy is incorporated. The food is excellent. Overall, a very nice facility with good staff.

They displayed the Sober Living on the Website. No the actual Treatment Center. My Over all experience at Ridgeview Ranch in Altedena was Awesome! One staff members was the best counselor, ear, voice, Jedi of the operation. But really and truly everyone of the staff was awesome and cared about us.

I live in Utah so it was a huge step for me to fly to California for treatment but in the end it was the best decision I could of made. Ridgeview ranch was awesome and today I'm celebrating 7 months free of ALL substances I've gotten my kids, family, career, and life back. My kids are happy and so am I. It took three attempts for me to finally get on that plane but looking back now I couldn't of made a better choice. Ridgeview ranch and their counselors are the best over ever encountered I recommend these guys to everybody

Ridgeview was an awesome experience. I gained a lot of insight into myself and addiction. I wish I had more time to transition back to the real world, but my work and schedule (and bills) necessitated that I get back to it. I got home at like 2 am on a Sunday and was back to work at 5am on Monday morning. I was able to scout the AA scene via the internet, so I didn't miss any days of meetings. I feel fortunate that I had the ability and opportunity to take the time to get myself the help through Ridgeview.