Rites of Passage LLC in Crawford, CO

41990 Cottonwood Creek Rd
Crawford CO 81415

Rites of Passage LLC Philosophy

Rites of Passage LLC is a residential extended care facility that works with trauma, mental health issues, dual diagnosis, substance issues, and eating disorder issues located in Delta County Colorado.
Rites of Passage creates customizable programs utilizing transpersonal, mind- fulness, trauma, DBT, CBT, somatic, art, wilderness, ecotherapy, wellness therapies as well as our signature equine assisted psychotherapy programs (The Phoenix Rising Programs.)
Rites of Passage is unique because of our holistic approach to everything that we do. Clients who choose Rites of Passage will spend their time here being treated with a whole-person approach to therapy. No one is 'just a case'; each person is a unique individual and utilizing our interactive program, each client co-creates their own form of treatment using the many tools that we have available.
Rites of Passage is committed to creating holistic and unique programs for each client. This is what makes the difference between success and failure and creates long-term, lifelong success for each client who chooses our program.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Transitional Living Program

3:1 Staff to Client Ratio

In network with Multiplan, Medcost Providers, and Three Rivers Providers Network

Alisha Adrian

Owner, B.S., MS, LPC, TP, EAP/EAL

Executive Director and Owner of Rites of Passage LLC and The Phoenix Rising Programs Women’s Residential Extended Care Program and the Intensive Outpatient Programs for both co-ed adults and Teens. I am a transpersonal counselor/psychotherapist, life coach, healer and artist. I have done extensive transpersonal (mind/body/spirit) work as well as trauma/PTSD work and I also have extensive experience as a dual-diagnosis counselor working with substance and eating disorder issues that stem from trauma. I have a masters in counseling psychology, a certification in transpersonal counseling, a certification in equine assisted psychotherapy and life coaching, LPC licensure in the state of Colorado and am a first level Reiki practitioner and certified in the healing modality Jin Shin TARA. I have spent many years working with shamanistic and energy healing modalities. I engage clients in all types of transpersonal work including art therapy, dream therapy, ceremony and self-growth. All of the types of therapy and coaching that I engage in are experiential therapy modalities because I have found that when a person engages their body/mind and spirit together in a session, more is synthesized and integrated allowing breakthroughs to occur quickly and learning or relearning that they engage in allows clients to begin to use this new knowledge immediately as opposed to strictly cognitive based counseling, which can take weeks, months or years without any significant results being made. My work is very diverse because I utilize all of my experience as well as everyone else on the staffs to find what works for each client who comes into our program to excel and focus upon what she needs to achieve her goals.

Jennifer Berger

Life Coach / Group Leader / Equine Specialist

Jenn has an extensive background with horses, as she was raised on an Arabian horse breeding farm. She was involved in all aspects of running the farm from a young age. She was active in her local 4-H group teaching non-owners about horses and participating in horse judging competitions. Although she competed in horse shows at all levels, she discovered her love of training horses as well as rescuing and rehabilitating abused animals in her early youth. She uses this inherent knowledge in her work as an Equine Specialist, teaching others not only horse safety, but the ability to understand, learn from, and communicate with the horses. Jenn also provides riding lessons to clients of all levels of experience, from those who have never been on a horse to those who are advanced riders. As a graduate of the Rites of Passage program, Jenn offers a unique perspective to clients in her work as both a psych tech and life coach. Her deep understanding of program materials, discernment of psychology, and life experience allow Jenn to co-facilitate group sessions with significant impact. Jenn has passed the required State exam to register as a therapist. Jenn is currently working toward her goal of getting a Masters in Counseling so she may continue helping people transform their lives in a healthy way, as she has. Jenn has also been certified by the State of Colorado as a QMAP, allowing her to administer medications to clients, when necessary.

ABOUT RITES OF PASSAGE

Located in Crawford, Colo., Rites of Passage treatment center that offers treatment for dual diagnosis, trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality, substance abuse, and eating disorder.

The facility's services include long-term residential, intensive outpatient (IOP), and sober living. This is a women's only treatment facility.

According to the facility's website, Rites of Passage's programs treat the whole body and include nutritional support, holistic guidance, horse-riding therapy, and whole body and life treatment.

Clients stay in the residential extended care program between three and six months, and it is a co-creative treatment program. The center's website calls the environment a "college-like atmosphere," because there is a core set of group sessions five days a week along with study time during the weekends.

During the program, women participate in process groups, assignment groups, peer resourcing groups, recovery education groups, and individual counseling. Family counseling is available at an extra charge.

The website highlights that individuals slow down in this program, because it's set on a farm. Clients work with animals such as horses, goats, ducks, geese, therapy dogs, and cats.

Exercise and nutrition is an important part of treatment at Rites of Passage. Residents exercise every day, which could includes riding horses, dancing, yoga, or helping with the community garden.

There are multiple different program options such as Trauma Core Program, Communication 101 Core Program, Eating Disorder Program, and Adjunct Companion Dog Training Program.

In the women's last month in the program, it's a transition phase and they begin looking for volunteer work or to find a job.

Rites of Passage operates an apartment used as a transitional living home. It's designed for clients who finished residential treatment but still want continued help.

The intensive outpatient program is similar to the residential program. Women in this program meet for five hours per day for four days a week. This program typically runs three to six months as well.

The teen outpatient program was created for teens seeking help for substance abuse, eating disorders, and/or trauma. The program is 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays along with 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays.

The center's website notes the treatment team includes counselors and an equine specialist.

According to the center's website, the facility is on a 40 acre Farm, and has 10 private bedrooms.

Of the three alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, two provided positive feedback, while one alum left a negative review.

Two former clients gave five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition. Both also mentioned the center helped with trauma.

"They were amazing and helped me with my eating disorder and addiction problems when no one else could," an alum wrote. "I learned how to work through a lot of trauma and handle life much better."

The other alum, however, gave one star for treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition. "Ridiculous program, ineffective, inappropriate diagnosis, waste of time and money," they wrote. "Staff are ill equipped to handle anyone professionally. DON\'T USE THEM."

Residential treatment is $13,000 a month, however the center does accept insurance.

I can honestly say I loved it here�something you don�t often here from clients in treatment facilities. I hopped from place to place for years and this is the place that saved me. The facility�s approach to healing is unique and helped me feel like I was a part of something greater than myself. I connected with new parts of myself by exposure to animals, fresh air, energy work, and a whole lot of love. While more standard therapies are also staples of the treatment curriculum, what I found different was the frame through which healing was approached: at other facilities I was taught to cope with emotions and thoughts in a way that highlighted my separateness from others and confirmed unintentionally that I was alone; at Rites of Passage, I learned to self-regulate by feeling my place with others and in the universe. I gradually began to feel that I wasn�t so different from everyone else and that healing was possible. Other places just teach you to get by. Also helpful and unique is that A Rites of Passage might alter the curriculum for you based on your needs. I received a treatment that was somewhat tweaked from that of my fellow clients, though our comradery was ever strong and we did most things together. I made good friends, and we did most required and non-required activities together. The group is small enough to instill intimacy and attention to each client, both from the facilitators and from each other. Rites of Passage also includes specialized nutritional healing within every client�s treatment plan�a crucial part of the healing process that none of my previous facilities attended to so thoroughly. Above all, much of what I needed when I entered treatment was a sense of community. Rites of Passage was just that: a perfect balance of loving care and professional boundaries that helped me learn how to form my own boundaries with loved ones. In learning this, my relationship with my family and friends improved ten-fold, because I finally took responsibility for my actions. Because of this treatment model I learned how to give my family and friends the love they deserve. When people see me today, they can�t believe I am the same person I was 3 years ago. Knowing places like this exist, there�s no doubt in my mind that anyone can do the same. Thank you Rites of Passage __

strength:Mindfulness based treatment in all areas, equine assisted psychotherapy. Weakness:None This facility works with Trauma as the underlying issue to work through so that other issues are managable afterwards

Coming to Rites changed my life! I tried for well over 10 years to overcome my addiction. It was only in coming here and learning to work through my trauma that I found healing. The people at Rites of Passage taught me the tools I desperately needed in order to live a happy healthy life as a whole being.

I was a client at Rites of Passage several years ago. They were amazing and helped me with my eating disorder and addiction problems when no one else could. I learned how to work through a lot of trauma and handle life much better. The program was vastly different than a 12 step program I had attended previously. Rites worked for me, the other place failed miserably. In addition to learning to understand myself, it was fun but also interesting to work with horses to see my progress and help me learn a different way. I also liked having therapy dogs in all of the sessions. Rites helped me realize what I wanted to do in life and helped with the processes of applying to schools so that I could finish my college degree. Thanks to this program, I am happy and I am living a life I never knew was possible.

Ridiculous program, ineffective, inappropriate diagnosis, waste of time and money. Absolutely awful in every way. Ideals are ridiculous, and staff are ill equipped to handle anyone professionally. DON'T USE THEM.