Rocky Mountain Treatment Center in Great Falls, MT

Call (888) 210-6249 to Contact Rocky Mountain Treatment Center

920 4th Ave N
Great Falls MT 59401

Rocky Mountain Treatment Center Philosophy

Our philosophy is centered upon recognizing addiction as a chronic, relapsing brain disorder characterized by compulsive use of drugs and/or alcohol. Treatment requires a holistic approach based on a biopsychosocial model of care. This includes the physical, emotional, behavioral, family, social, and spiritual needs of the client. Within Rocky Mountain Treatment Center, our clients are engaged in real life activities and pursuits, allowing each individual to confront challenges, explore ideas, and build their foundation for a flourishing and comprehensive lifestyle of recovery.

• Individual Counseling
    All clients meet with their primary counselor weekly for individual counseling. Additional sessions are provided based on the needs of the client.

• Equine Therapy
    Therapeutic interaction with our horses brings awareness to and helps develop interpersonal skills such as healthy boundaries, recognizing emotions, and equipping clients with the tools to improve damaged communication skills. Our equine therapy program is developed and run by a licensed addiction counselor, certified by the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Int’l.)

Equine Therapy

Family Program

Recreational Therapy

Scott Jaynes, LAC

Clinical Director

Scott has been with Rocky Mountain Treatment Center for 5 years. He received his addiction counseling degree from the University of Great Falls. After working as a Licensed Addiction Counselor for many years, Scott moved into Rocky's Clinical Director position. When Scott has free time, he enjoys fishing, camping, and hiking with his wife of 25 years and his 3 dogs.

Dr. Brice Addison, MD

Medical Director

Dr. Addison attended Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine. He is board certified in internal medicine and addiction. Dr. Addison has worked in long-term care since 1984. He is also a member of the Great Falls Symphonic Choir and the American College of Physicians. When he has free time, he enjoys skiing, hiking, mountain biking, bicycling, opera and the symphony.

ABOUT ROCKY MOUNTAIN TREATMENT CENTER

Located on the Missouri River in the heart of Great Falls, Mont., Rocky Mountain Treatment Center (RMTC) offers residential treatment services for alcohol and drug addiction and co-occurring disorders. The average program lasts 30 days, though clients have option to extend up to three months. Medically monitored detoxification services and a day treatment option are both available.

Treatment at RMTC is holistic and based on the biopsychosocial model of care and the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. According to the facility’s website, the program recognizes and treats addiction as a “chronic, relapsing brain disorder characterized by compulsive use of drugs and alcohol.”

Throughout their stay, residents attend 12-step support meetings on- and off-campus and engage regularly in both step work and readings from AA’s Big Book. Individual counseling sessions are scheduled once per week, with the option to sign up for more if needed. Group therapy sessions are held multiple times per week, and spiritual awareness workshops and addiction education classes are also offered. There’s also a family program that includes an education workshop, individual counseling, and group therapy.

Recreation is another important part of treatment at RMTC, and the surrounding mountains, grassy plains, and open Montana sky provide the perfect backdrop for outdoor activity. Residents take part in equine and nature therapy, go hiking at nearby state parks and lakes, and engage in other leisure and social activities.

The treatment team includes a clinical director, licensed addictions counselors, a licensed practical nurse, a case manager, and an equine therapist and counselor.

Set inside a restored historic three-story building surrounded by a spacious lawn, the 26-bed facility offers shared rooms and a communal dining room. There is also a seasonal outdoor deck, as well as a volleyball net and sitting area on the lawn.

Of the seven alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, two gave RMTC negative feedback, while the other five offered positive reviews.

The five satisfied alumni credited the rehab with saving their lives, helping them realize their potential, and for simply being “truly interested” in their recovery. “Rocky Mountain Treatment Center not only opened my eyes to the potential of a life worth living, but helped me to achieve it,” wrote D.K.P. in a representative review. “With a friendly, capable, and confident staff RMTC was pivotal in setting me on a successful path of recovery that I will maintain throughout the remainder of my life.”

Despite these positive reports, another alum complained about receiving “little to no follow up after completing the program.” And another noted a staff that care, but are “money hungry” and “yell too much,” advising others: “Don’t go there.”

The facility fared very well on Facebook, receiving an average 4.4 out of five stars based on 38 reviews.[1] 30 of the 38 reviews gave a solid five stars.

The two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com as of this writing gave RMTC mostly positive feedback. One anonymous receiver awarded the facility almost all five out of five stars across 15 different evaluated metrics, including its treatment effectiveness, family participation, and its staff’s level of training and experience.

The other gave RMTC mostly four and five-star ratings across the 15 different metrics. They highlighted a kind staff and good food, but noted a lack of group activities. Nevertheless, they wrote: “Best place to go if you need help and are in the area.”

The one staffer surveyed by Rehabs.com gave RMTC a mixed review. While they cited strong spirituality and a solid family program as strengths of the facility, they also reported a lack of supervision and noted how easy it was for clients to break rules or get away with deviant behavior.

The facility accepts most private insurance, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

[1]https://www.facebook.com/pg/rockymountaintc/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on June 2017

Run don't walk away from this treatment centre. Google the owner. If that doesn't do it the manager has anger Issues and is not qualified to run this centre. I have a son who has PTS disorder and twice leave him and me stressed if he was getting kicked out. In the end he was. The day they accused him of doing wrong he was on a family trip with his Dad. The day they kicked him out Brian gave the family 15 minute notice and leave him for 3 hr Threatening if he made any phone calls the would call the cops. They then dropped him off in a small town no ID or money. They are suppose to be the professionals not the disfunctional one.

Going to RMTC was the the best decisions I have ever made! I highly recommend RMTC for any addiction treatment. Thank RMTC for everything

Rocky Mountain Treatment Center not only opened my eyes to the potential of a life worth living, but helped me to achieve it. With a friendly, capable, and confident staff RMTC was pivotal in setting me on a successful path of recovery that I will maintain throughout the remainder of my life. The counselors worked in-tandem to help me realize my potential and understand that if you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's simply because you've closed your eyes. Great food, great atmosphere, great meetings, and outstanding people.

Diverse backgrounds from counselors and staff, good food. Little to no follow up after completing the program, the person in charge preached openmindedness but I felt n saw different. Entering treatment I had a Lil more of an openminded view which was my down fall.., I thot I knew everything .. wen I stopped and tried to open up fully it was time to leave... overall I wasn't satisfied

they care. however, they are money hungry,and they yell too much. don't go there.

Kind staff, good food, nice equipment. Not enough group activities. Best place to go if you need help and are in the area.

They helped me hang on o me humanity, and helped me expand myself, also gave me mental tools to fall back on. I would say this play helps you feel self worth afain, and helps you decide to say of drugs.

Strengths: support, activities and recovery. However, needs better personalization treatment and help. Center is nice but needs more outdoor greenery.

Strengths: Strong spirituality, good family program. Weaknesses: Overlooking, and covering things up.

Would recommend this place to anyone for treatment.

I needed help. They opened my eyes to many things. RMTC literally saved my life! The entire staff was kind, caring, understanding, & truly interested in helping me learn how not to die. I'm going on 30 years of sobriety, so I guess you can say that all I learned took root, & by the Grace of God, I can look forward to another 24 hours of being clean & sober. They set me up with an AA Sponsor in my home group, & also outpatient counseling.

Cold Creek Lodge