Rocky Mountain Treatment Center

920 4th Ave N, Great Falls, Montana, 59401

4.5

About Rocky Mountain Treatment Center

Our philosophy is centered upon recognizing addiction as a chronic, relapsing brain disorder characterized by compulsive use of drugs and/or alcohol. Treatment requires a holistic approach based on a biopsychosocial model of care. This includes the physical, emotional, behavioral, family, social, and spiritual needs of the client. Within Rocky Mountain Treatment Center, our clients are engaged in real life activities and pursuits, allowing each individual to confront challenges, explore ideas, and build their foundation for a flourishing and comprehensive lifestyle of recovery.

Individual Counseling

All clients meet with their primary counselor weekly for individual counseling. Additional sessions are provided based on the needs of the client.

Equine Therapy

Therapeutic interaction with our horses brings awareness to and helps develop interpersonal skills such as healthy boundaries, recognizing emotions, and equipping clients with the tools to improve damaged communication skills. Our equine therapy program is developed and run by a licensed addiction counselor, certified by the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Int’l.)

• Equine Therapy
  • Recreational Therapy
Scott Jaynes, LAC

Scott Jaynes, LAC

Clinical Director

Scott has been with Rocky Mountain Treatment Center for 5 years. He received his addiction counseling degree from the University of Great Falls. After working as a Licensed Addiction Counselor for many years, Scott moved into Rocky's Clinical Director position. When Scott has free time, he enjoys fishing, camping, and hiking with his wife of 25 years and his 3 dogs.

Show Bio
Dr. Brice Addison, MD

Dr. Brice Addison, MD

Medical Director

Dr. Addison attended Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine. He is board certified in internal medicine and addiction. Dr. Addison has worked in long-term care since 1984. He is also a member of the Great Falls Symphonic Choir and the American College of Physicians. When he has free time, he enjoys skiing, hiking, mountain biking, bicycling, opera and the symphony.

Show Bio
Financial Details
  • Financing Options Available

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT ROCKY MOUNTAIN TREATMENT CENTER

Located on the Missouri River in Great Falls, Mont., Rocky Mountain Treatment Center (RMTC) offers residential rehabilitation for alcohol and drug addiction. Treatment is holistic and 12-step-based, with a specialization in equine therapy. Medically monitored detoxification services and a day program are both available.

According to the Rocky Mountain Treatment Center website, same-day admissions are available for 30-, 60- or 90-day programs.

In addition to 12-step work and one-on-one and group counseling sessions, individualized treatment plans incorporate mindful meditation, recreational therapy, and Montana’s only equine therapy program. Optional and non-denominational spiritual programming is also available, including Bible studies.

The center’s three-day family program addresses co-dependency through educational and counseling sessions.

Rocky Mountain Treatment Center maintains a 3:1 client-clinician ratio and touts more than 350 years of combined staff sobriety. The treatment team includes a Mayo Clinic med school graduate with board certifications in addiction and internal medicine, a nurse practitioner, a master’s-level counselor, a Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH)-certified therapist, and about half-a-dozen licensed addiction counselors (LAC). Treatment assistants are typically graduates of RMTC.

The surrounding mountains, plains, and Montana’s “Big Sky” provide the backdrop for Rocky Mountain Treatment Center’s emphasis on therapeutic recreation. Residents regularly hike at nearby state parks and visit local cultural and historical sites. Residents also have access to arts and crafts, a gym, and a weekly karaoke night.

The center is set in a restored, nearly 100-year-old three-story converted convent. Bedrooms are shared and the site has indoor and outdoor group meeting spaces. Nutritionally therapeutic meals are provided in a communal dining room. Smoking is permitted in designated areas.

The eight alumni reviews received by Rehabs.com for Rocky Mountain Treatment Center were split three-to-one, positive-to-critical. Both satisfied and less-so alumni praised the center’s meals and therapeutic outcomes.

Treatment Effectiveness: 4/5
Meals and Nutrition: 4.25/5

Former clients credited the rehab with saving their lives and three cited encouragement or help in developing a sense of self-worth as strengths. The staff were described as “friendly, capable, and confident,” as well as “firm but very fair.” Notably, while still positive, metrics measuring some of RMTC's areas of emphasis revealed more moderate satisfaction on average.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.25/5
Exercise and Leisure Activities: 3.5/5
Holistic Offerings: 3.25/5

All three alumni asked about counseling options indicated there were few, and none represented the facility as affordable. One alum complained of issues with insurance coverage and costs.

Likewise on Google, where 15 individuals contributed to an average rating of 4.5 out of five stars for RMTC, two alumni reported critically that the facility was “run like a business.” Otherwise, reviews followed positive trends in depicting the staff as understanding and professional and the tools learned in therapy as life-changing.[1]

The four loved ones polled to date by Rehabs.com offered more mixed feedback. One critical reviewer reported that their loved one was not supported in his PTSD needs. Another concurred with alumni complaints about poor insurance-related procedures and cost.

They, nevertheless, noted that their loved one’s counselor and treatment were “great.” Two family members polled awarded four or five stars apiece for staff experience, family programming, cleanliness, and affordability, with split ratings of three and five stars for holistic offerings, exercise and leisure, and counseling options.

On Yelp, a sole loved one rated RMTC five stars, citing good food, a clean facility, staff who “invest themselves in the patients,” and a program “well worth” the high cost of treatment.[2]

The one staffer polled by Rehabs.com provided a universally positive review, representing co-workers as professional and supportive of clients and families.

Rocky Mountain Treatment Center in Montana is covered in-network by most insurance companies, provides financing options, and accepts self-pay. Treatment costs $450 per day, according to information provided by the facility to Rehabs.com.

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/rocky-mountain-center-great-falls

Accreditations & Licenses
  • JCAHO
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.5/5
    4.5/5
    4.4/5
    4.6/5

• Deborah
    They should not detox clients, almost killed our son. Out do his detox as part of 30 day treatment. I sir ace paid up front so did he, then 1/2 way through demanded $2000.00 more. DO NOT RECOMMEND this place at all.
  • Ethan
    Rocky rehab saved my life. Plain and simple. They helped me get on a track that I couldn’t see myself being on 6 months ago. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, I highly highly recommend this place. I looked at other google reviews that said the same thing before going to treatment here and I’m so delighted to have discovered for myself that they were right.
    I really don't have anything negative to say about the treatment I received from the TA's and counselors. The only problem I have is that my Indian Tribe refuses to pay for my treatment because I don't live on the reservation. Then the Insurance lady made my mother cry! My mother is a strong woman who raised 3 spoiled brats by herself & held 3 jobs at once. She is lucky my mom didn't tell me for a couple of weeks. For in those couple of weeks, I learned so much at RMTC. Stop, think, and re-think. Thank you RMTC! (and I'm sure that damn insurance lady thanks you, too!).
  • BY
    Great place. Great people. Awesome counselor. Amazing food
  • Teri
    Truly an amazing and caring place. The staff is caring and understanding, they work with you in your treatment. The encouragement was great. They are very educational and open and honest about how treatment goes. They seem to know how to match up counselors with your personality and lifestyle. I would and have recommended this place to everyone. There horse program really gives you and understand of what life is like with an addiction. Family week was eye opening and everyone was upfront about what would be happening. Learned alot about communication with family and friends. I will not let my addiction hold me back, I have started a new day and will go forward in my recovery. PS. They serve amazing food and kept us well fed so our recovery would keep us healthy. My recovery and the education to help in my recovery was their top priority. Just an amazing place. If you have and addiction this is the place to go, you won't regret it.
  • MB
    I wanted to take a moment and share how awesome everyone is here at Rocky Mountain Treatment Center. I have assisted with Insurance, Financial and Admissions for nearly 3 years. I have never known such caring and compassionate people. It is truly an inspiration to see how all of our Professional staff members come together and pull someone out of the darkness and see light-one day at a time. And for all of our Client's and their family members who find peace and start healing. A special thanks for our Client's who have made my job so rewarding to know that I have been such a small part in their recovery process. Many blessings to those who have touched our lives with their hope and success of a new beginning. There are so many individuals out there struggling with drugs and alcohol-yet most people sit quietly waiting for change to happen on its own. Thank you to the wonderful family members who have reached out to get their loved ones treatment. I was told once that a struggling addict touches the lives of at least 20 people! Let's reach out and help them. Let's help them get their life back. They may be our friends, family members, neighbors or even coworkers all struggling with Addiction. I truly believe good people just don't wake up one day and start an addiction. Something, somewhere in their life took a wrong turn. Together, we can all work towards a better happier, healthier life! We may not be your first Treatment Center, but all of us here at Rocky Mountain Treatment Center hope we will be your last! Check us out RehabRocky.com
    The treatment received there was amazing, the horse therapy, as well as family week not only helped me but my loved one battling their addiction. You can tell that the counselors really care about those in there trying to get better. On the other hand I was very unhappy with the people in finance. They manipulated situations so that they could benefit more financially. If it were not for the great counseling my loved one received I would have left in a heart beat after the way I was treated by their financial department. When things get denied by insurance and they are trying to get you to pay upfront please contact your insurance company, even though they will tell you not to.
  • B.G.
    Rocky Mountain Treatment Center, quite simply, save my life. I was at the end of my rope with alcoholism and drug addiction. I did not know where to go, and did not know where to turn. I called them, and voluntarily checked myself in the next day. I spent 35 days there, and have totally turned my life around. The staff was firm but very fair. They worked with me to tailor my recovery and treatment plan needs so that I got exactly the help I need it. The counselors are great, and I remain in close contact with them to this day. The management, billing people, cafeteria people, and everyone there is so awesome that I cannot begin to describe just how spectacular they are. Although the 35 days were not comfortable, I did what I had to do to become clean and sober. I remain clean and sober, and recommend Rocky Mountain Treatment Center without reservation. I would not hesitate at all to send a family member, a friend, or anyone at all there to get the help they need. I cannot imagine going back to my old way of life, just as I cannot imagine that I would have ever been able to get clean and sober without the help I received at Rocky. I owe them my life, and my happiness. When someone has arrived at the point in their life where their addiction and their alcoholism is ruling them, answers are few and far between. The best answer I could have found I did find- and I found that at Rocky Mountain Treatment Center.
  • Charlene pigdon
    Run don't walk away from this treatment centre. Google the owner. If that doesn't do it the manager has anger Issues and is not qualified to run this centre. I have a son who has PTS disorder and twice leave him and me stressed if he was getting kicked out. In the end he was. The day they accused him of doing wrong he was on a family trip with his Dad. The day they kicked him out and gave the family 15 minute notice and leave him for 3 hr Threatening if he made any phone calls the would call the cops. They then dropped him off in a small town no ID or money. They are suppose to be the professionals not the disfunctional one.
  • Chad
    Going to RMTC was the the best decisions I have ever made! I highly recommend RMTC for any addiction treatment. Thank RMTC for everything
  • DKP
    Rocky Mountain Treatment Center not only opened my eyes to the potential of a life worth living, but helped me to achieve it. With a friendly, capable, and confident staff RMTC was pivotal in setting me on a successful path of recovery that I will maintain throughout the remainder of my life. The counselors worked in-tandem to help me realize my potential and understand that if you can\'t see the light at the end of the tunnel, it\'s simply because you\'ve closed your eyes. Great food, great atmosphere, great meetings, and outstanding people.
    Diverse backgrounds from counselors and staff, good food. Little to no follow up after completing the program, the person in charge preached openmindedness but I felt n saw different. Entering treatment I had a Lil more of an openminded view which was my down fall.., I thot I knew everything .. wen I stopped and tried to open up fully it was time to leave... overall I wasn't satisfied
    they care. however, they are money hungry,and they yell too much. don't go there.
    Kind staff, good food, nice equipment. Not enough group activities. Best place to go if you need help and are in the area.
    They helped me hang on o me humanity, and helped me expand myself, also gave me mental tools to fall back on. I would say this play helps you feel self worth afain, and helps you decide to say of drugs.
    Strengths: support, activities and recovery. However, needs better personalization treatment and help. Center is nice but needs more outdoor greenery.
    Strengths: Strong spirituality, good family program. Weaknesses: Overlooking, and covering things up.
  • Chris
    Would recommend this place to anyone for treatment.
  • MACM
    I needed help. They opened my eyes to many things. RMTC literally saved my life! The entire staff was kind, caring, understanding, & truly interested in helping me learn how not to die. I'm going on 30 years of sobriety, so I guess you can say that all I learned took root, & by the Grace of God, I can look forward to another 24 hours of being clean & sober. They set me up with an AA Sponsor in my home group, & also outpatient counseling.

Nearby cities with more treatment facilities: