Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Center

400 Stoddard Road, Richmond, Michigan, 48062

About Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Center

Individual Therapy

This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Relapse Prevention
  • Recovery Process Groups
  • 12-Steps Groups
Financial Details
  • Some Financing Available

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT SACRED HEART REHABILITATION CENTER — RICHMOND

A behavioral health recovery and wellness service that believes “everybody deserves a chance," Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Center has been helping people for more than 50 years throughout the state of Michigan.

The organization’s Richmond location specializes in treating adults who are struggling with substance abuse by offering an integrated continuum of care, including on-site detox services, residential treatment, and outpatient medication-assisted treatment (MAT) with methadone maintenance.

Within the state, Sacred Heart Rehabilitation is among the 52.6 percent of private, nonprofit treatment facilities in Michigan. It's also among a small segment of 7.7 percent of Michigan facilities that offers detoxification in a residential, non-hospital setting.

The organization operates 11 other facilities dotted throughout Michigan, including the Bay City location, the Flint location, the Port Huron location, and the Madison Heights site.

At Sacred Heart Rehabilitation, clients who require stabilization may begin the process of recovery with detox, which is physician directed and medically monitored. Clients in that program receive medications such as methadone or buprenorphine, administered to ease the symptoms of withdrawal. The Richmond facility is one of 37 (8.1 percent) of Michigan facilities to offer methadone and one of 91 (20 percent) to offer buprenorphine.

Afterwards, clients may move on to residential inpatient treatment. Although clients follow treatment plans tailored to their individual needs, most participate in a mix of individual therapy, group therapy, educational didactic groups and lectures, medication management, and recreational activities. Additionally, residents have access to medical services.

Clients who are opiate dependent can access medication-assisted treatment (MAT) on an outpatient basis as well. In addition to medication administration, the program includes educational didactic groups, 12-step programming, and both group and individual therapy. Therapy groups address mental health topics including depression, anxiety, and eating disorders.

Although the facility's website doesn't disclose information regarding discharge or aftercare planning, several of the organization’s locations offer a supportive, independent recovery living program for those in need.

At Sacred Heart Rehabilitation, the professional staff includes physicians, nurses, therapists, counselors, and other experienced personnel. The 23 alumni and their loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date generally appreciated the staff's aptitude.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.1/5

Sacred Heart Rehabilitation shares few details online regarding its living arrangements and related offerings. However, the 24 alumni and loved ones polled by Rehabs.com gave moderately positive ratings concerning the facility's upkeep and amenities.

Cleanliness: 3.5/5
Exercise and Leisure: 3.5/5

At the time of this writing, close to two dozen former clients who reviewed Sacred Heart Rehabilitation for Rehabs.com submitted mostly favorable impressions. Many reported success in achieving their goals, illustrated by awarding the maximum five stars for the major category of treatment effectiveness.

They praised the staff and the program and several referred to their outcome based on these factors in life-changing/life-saving terms, such as alum N.M., who told Rehabs.com: “The staff was amazing. I enjoyed their program and the way they did things here. They saved my life.” The dozen or so who evaluated a series of detailed survey metrics reported they'd highly recommend the facility and generally appreciated most aspects of programming.

Likelihood to Recommend: 4.5/5
Counseling Options: 3.5/5
Holistic Offerings: 3.3/5

“I got sober and alot of unknown education,on our brains,thinking why some people struggle others don't family genes it's a brain imbalance,diesise love.care ,and real people who have lived it and know it,” one alum wrote.

Nonetheless, reviewers pointed out some negatives, such as overcrowding, need for upgraded accommodations, and lack of adequate programming for alcohol addiction.

On secondary sites, Sacred Heart Rehabilitation received positive coverage to date: 3.6 out of five stars based on 71 reviews on Google; and 4.6 stars based on the opinions of 168 people on Facebook, which the organization may manage. [1] [2]

The 17 loved ones who reviewed Sacred Heart Rehabilitation for Rehabs.com offered wide-ranging opinions with nine positive, three mixed, and five negative. Many considered the staff as a facility strength and appreciated the education offered to families. “Easy to work with, you could tell they cared about the patients trying to better their life,” a loved one wrote.

Of the dozen or so who evaluated a series of detailed survey metrics, many loved ones appreciated the level of family involvement.

Connectivity/Visitor Policy: 3.8/5
Family Participation: 3.7/5
Counseling Options: 3.5/5

Negatives included inadequate length of treatment, limited counseling options, and coed-based activities, which was viewed as distracting.

At the time of this writing, a former staff member of Sacred Heart Rehabilitation submitted negative feedback about the facility to Rehabs.com. They complained about the lack of adequate human resources, referring to the center as “very under-staffed” and explaining that this therapist was expected to deliver all of the individual and group sessions, create patient reports, as well as work on insurance authorizations and updates. “This was all required to be done without overtime,” they wrote.

At the time of this writing, Sacred Heart Rehabilitation advised that treatment is covered by most insurance plans. The organization also works with regional Prepaid Inpatient Health Plans to provide low cost treatment to individuals with limited financial means.

Citehealth reports that the center accepts Medicaid, state insurance, and Access to Recovery (ATR) Vouchers. To date, the 25 individuals polled on the matter generally approved of the facility's cost.

Affordability: 3.8/5

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/sacredheartrehab/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4/5
    3.9/5
    4/5
    4.1/5

Had very good treatment there. Group sections was a strength.
  • June
    I got sober and alot of unknown education,on our brains,thinking why some people struggle others don't family genes it's a brain imbalance,diesise love.care ,and real people who have lived it and know it.Not read.
  • Eric
    Very under-staffed. I was the second of only two therapists working for one woman. After working there for one week the other therapist quit and went to work at a county mental-health. In addition to having to provide all the group therapy and individual therapy and typing out the related reports I was also tasked with getting insurance authorizations and verifications and providing them updates. This was all required to be done without overtime. That was absolutely the worst place I have ever worked in my entire life! And I have had many excellent jobs in my 40 some years of professional employment.
    Capacity, area, programs were good. The facility overall was a rehabilitating experience
  • kt
    Sacred heart has many good qualities. However do to them treating both men and women...so if your in a relationship with an addict you may or may not have a relationship when they come out.
  • DMS
    This place was really great, I been to other places like Cpi and Turning point, etc ...... And this place by far was the best I been clean since 10-10-13 Thanks to sacred heart. Yes the rooms may not be the best but I seen worse and I\'m not there to look in my room anyways. When I was there the only time I was in my room was to sleep or clean it. It\'s your responsibility to keep your room clean and to make your beds everyday this place is not a resort now. You wake up at 6 am and your busy until after dinner they have good classes and your kept busy the whole teaching you the tools you need to stay clean and get back into routines again. It\'s up to you how serious you are to make the program work. They have everything you need to learn and they have extensions also so you can stay pass the 30 day\'s you just have to ask your therapist and it\'s almost granted everytime. They also have a program here where they take you around to half way housing if you don\'t think you will be completely ready by the time you leave. Sacred heart really has a lot to offer its up to you to take the help they have and apply it. The staff are great and the food I can\'t believe how actually good it was and yes you can aways go back up for seconds or if your really hungry 3rd lol our apatite for food comes back so it\'s nice tHar they have actually good food. They sure do think of everything. I really enjoyed my time and it\'s in the middle of know where your far out in the boonies wich was smart it\'s not easy just to leave who wants to drove all the way out in the sticks you know . I read the other reviews and all I can say is people have there own opinion but in my opinion I highly recommend this place. I know I kinda wrote a lot but I just wanted to give a good description of my experience so others that are reading can get more better of a understanding especially when there are negative reviews that are not true speaking from experience since I stayed here I did my Detox and residential. And with phone time and visits you have to understand your there to recover and you don\'t need to be distracted by other things it\'s time to be working on yourself and your sobriety. You do have visits every Sunday and phone calls on your schedule day and of course there is a time limit there are othera who would like to make calls also. Anyways Thank you Sacred Heart for being there for me and others who need your help or needed it. I wish there were more facilities like yours around just saving 1person is all worth the work and effort you put in to keep this place going and I appreciate all the help you gave to me and others if it wasn\'t for Sacred Heart who knows where I would be today but I do know where I am thanks to Sacred Heart for being here.
  • J. C.
    Treats family members well. Dirty meals consist if frozen dinners and the patients are not given enough to eat
  • Gwen
    Many different things to offer than other rehab centers.
    People were great. One on one counseling should improve. Was helpful
    They have a FEW good counselors. The program is not long enough for success. I saw patients walk off the grounds and later heard they were able to get cigarettes and heroin. I was visiting my son while he was there and the fix didn't work for him.
    Addiction treatments, not long enough programs to work effectively needs more family involvement
    Can bring kids, good place but to many addicts
    Great counselors. Unfortunately it's the only place that will accept state funded insurance and while the staff is nice, it's not a serious taken place
    When visiting my loved one the education received was impeccable! This facility was difficult to get in to when a friend tried to with no insurance
  • Tadpole
    Sacred Heart saved my life. I learned so much there about addiction. I love the staff there they are excellent.
  • Steven
    Strengths: Counseling, food, support, for the religious the church, the classes. For those people who want recovery it's an absolutely wonderful place to be. Weaknesses: For a place that's for profit I think the rooms and a few accommodations could be better but all in all it's wonderful. My experience at Sacred Heart was wonderful people reached out to me took time to talk to me when I wanted to talk to them my surrender was complete so I was willing to learn what they had to tell me they go out of their way to try to help and to set you up with secondary care Sacred Heart is a wonderful wonderful place
  • LF
    It was a great facility.
  • Rachel
    My daughter has been here and she detoxes and then leaves before treatment is completed. ...
  • Jason
    Many of the workers have been through there as a client. Each day is set up to keep clients busy. Goal oriented focusing on solutions. Outside meetings twice a week. If you want to make a change for the better and keep your focus on yourself for your stay I highly recommend this facility. The workers share your struggle and better understand your situation. However, there is coed without separation and clients tend to be easily distracted by opposite sex.
  • JDP
    The nurses were horrible I hope the hire better caring nurses. I love that children are welcome to stay with their mothers and that the counselors were experienced,
  • Traci
    It was very clean. However, there were too many people there at once and the price was nuts.
  • Denise
    They have great information classes dealing with your substance abuse issues. I feel that don't have enough classes for the alcoholic. I had great experience there. They are very informational. If you there to learn, you will get a lot out of it.
    It was a great facility.
  • Kerri
    GREAT therapists. The phone call rules are too strict/ I felt that people need to talk to family and friends while getting treatment. There were also too many people.
  • ML
    Positive group activities..recharge Sundays. I know of several persons including my loved one who went through program successfully. So they must be doing something right. All of the people I mention did not follow through with 12 step programs. Felt it was invasive and not for them. It was costly as well.
  • Dana
    It's great and it has everything you need to recover in an inpatient facility. The boarding /beds are old and musty. The rooms are all musty in the sleeping areas but the rest of the rooms aren't. I had a fun and knowledgeable experience at sacred heart and would go back to it if I had to ! It's like a camp for junkies ^-^
    It was a generally great facility but with only decent family participant and cleanliness.
  • Nicole
    The staff was wonderful and I will be ever in their debt. The day to day activities were fair and helped me immensely with my recovery and educated me on addiction and the steps to work the 12 step program. I recommend this facility to anyone looking to get help for their addictions.
    I enjoyed the family participation.
  • CH
    I benefited from the facility and felt there was a lot of consistency.
  • RWA
    30 days is detox, not rehab. My son needed long term care, but insurance would only cover 30 days
  • VS
    If you are serious about freedom from your addiction this is the place to go. Sacred Heart saved my life! I have been clean for quite some time & very grateful for this facility. I have my life back! I have recommended this facility to a few friends and one of my friends is steel clean and has her family back.
  • SLP
    They make you aware just how tricky this disease is and don't 'sugar coat' anything, letting you know this is a challenging but simple program- we(the addict) complicates it! If you truly want it and follow their advice, you have a good chance of success. But some of us (addicts) it takes a while to break thru denial and self deception.
  • KS
    I attended the first time only 3 weeks. I relapsed after 2 1/2 months. The second time, I stayed 6 weeks, and it has been 5 1/2 months with no relapse.
  • James
    Everything was as if we were a great big family. Allowing the 2 hr after session 30 minute smoke breaks were a great chance not to be overwhelmed plus interaction with work on our own, taught by the CO's.
  • WL
    My daughter is responsible for her own recovery, but I support her recovery with listening and love when she needs it.
  • anonymous
    They do both treatment and detox. The treatment didn't fall short, but the willingness of the patient. My friend completed detox and felt they didn't need any additional help.
  • DAK
    As much food as you can eat. Positive atmosphere. Fun. Was set up with intensive out patient care when I left. Any institution that aids recovery is worth what it costs
  • Steve
    These people treat you well, know what they are doing, but it is a tricky, difficult disorder to overcome. Longer stays might help, but I'm not sure. An Addict has a lot of work to do on his/her own to be successful. Early(in life) education seems to be the best possible way to treat this huge problem our society faces, as it seems to be affecting a large % of our population and has far reaching ramifications.
  • KJC
    On her 1 year anniversary, they sent my daughter a darling hoodie jacket! She wears it with great pride!
  • Clarissa
    Perfect place for me and my kids. WE were able to stay together as a family and get better. Best thing I ever did.