Sage Prairie

13005 County Road 5, Burnsville, Minnesota, 55337

3.1

About Sage Prairie

We cannot judge our clients for their disease, nor their path to recovery.

Client & Family Support Groups

Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Mindfulness based relapse prevention
  • Individual and Executive Program Available
  • Trauma Sensitive

3.1/5
    3/5
    3.2/5
    3.2/5

• A.S.
    Extremely friendly staff in a very welcoming environment. None of what they offer works if you are not honest and keeping up your end. That could be said for any facility. At Sage I never felt like I was just a number or a checked box. I felt honest involvement in my success.
  • Becky B
    Literally saved my life. No one entity has ever had my back like my profession as l friends at Sage. Nothing but love and respect. Thank you everybody. I love you deeply. My peers saved my life as well God Bless Becky B
  • K.A.
    Negative. Judgmental. Petty.
  • KK
    Be careful, major judgement and lack of integrity, dishonest records
  • CP
    Overall best experience in treatment ever!!!
  • Jw
    Different style they know what it's about. They lived it. Knowledgeable counsekors
  • Thomas
    PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL OF THIS PLACE. I went in for Alcohol assessment that was mandated by the state due to a B card Violation. This is not a DWI, DUI or anything other than having one drink. In meeting with the doctor, she had me fill out a whole bunch of documents. She even asked me to fill out a release of information in advance just so that I did not have to come back to do so when her report was completed. I was extremely hesitant. However, she assured me she would never release my information without my prior approval. Again, I was very hesitant to sign the document but she assured me over and over that she would NEVER submit my information without my prior approval so I did sign it. When my report came back it came back with no concern for alcohol dependency but suggested I take a Mental Health evaluation. I immediately called Sage Prairie to check what this was about. In essence they are not wanting to accept responsibility for their report and want to push it off on someone else. I them told them that I did not approve of their decision and did not want them to use that report that I would go elsewhere. Shortly after stating that I received a call, he told me that he had a responsibility to send the report in to the DMV and either I accepted the report or he would submit another report. I was essentially being held hostage by this organization. It was either I accept this report or he would submit something derogatory. So I agreed to have him submit this. When I went to visit several Mental health professionals they all asked what Kind of assessment Sage Prairie wanted? This way they could address the particular concerns that Sage had. So I contacted Sage and they would not give me a specific answer. They do this so that the mental health professional has to conduct a whole bunch of tests in order to protect themselves. When I finally selected the professional to conduct the Mental health assessment the first question out of their mouth is who are these people and what credentials do they have to make a recommendation that I needed a Mental health assessment? He even attempted to call them several times and they did not return his call. This place is very unprofessional. PEOPLE please be careful with this organization.
  • Rob
    I would definitely NOT recommend this facility for relapse prevention.I can’t comment on their other programs as I was there for relapse prevention.To start the director conducts herself as a tyrant.She made erroneous accusations directed at me which she said were based on her personal past experience with DWI. To quote her “I know what your doing because I did the same thing when I got a DWI”. I was dumbfounded as I could not understand how any of her past experience related to me and why I was there.Unfortunately for me she had her mind made up as to what was true and what was false and refused to to be reasonable.When I attempted to question her findings she became irritated raising her voice and cursing.Ofcourse not in a vulgar fashion but cursing no the less.She started stating falsehoods,to put it nicely,and became manipulative from that point on.I had/have evidence that corroborated the information I was trying to convey which she said she would entertain when next we met.Fastforward to that day three classes later I approached her with the information proving my innocence from her false accusations.She refused to even look over the information instead informed me she was discharging me from her program. Now mind you at the point of disagreement I had over 48hrs of treatment done.Once I requested my completion certificate ,as I had met my required treatment hours,is when I became a problem to the director/owner/person being paid for each class I attend.You can make your own inference on that little bit of my experience there.Now to speak on a positive experience I had while attending their program.The gentleman who was teaching the class I attended appeared knowledgeable and sincere.I actually did take something away from his teachings.But make no mistakes every staff member there is a puppet to the director.In closing my advice would be not to seek any services there but if your considering it then pay a visit during class hours and speak to some patients outside about there experiences.It could save you a lot of trouble.
  • Michael
    They are so quick to write you a prescription so they don't have to do real work. Disturbing how they treat clients. They claim they care than they hold it over your head. Basically operate as drug dealers & act like they are the only real addiction specialists. This is a farce folks & it's really about them and damage control. This place is disfunctional ! You can do better some where else. Avoid this place !
  • EF
    Great staff! Made treatment fun and easy!
    The lead counselor was great, but I did not like the rest of the facility.
  • KPB