Sequoia Recovery in West Orange, NJ

101 Old Short Hills Road Suite 285
West Orange NJ 07052

Sequoia Recovery Philosophy

It is Sequoia Recovery’s philosophy to provide compassionate and professional care to all those who seek our help. We will provide a safe haven for those who are ready to start their journey to sobriety. As a team, we will work tirelessly together to overcome your addiction and provide you with the tools for a long lasting sobriety.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Receive Help

Individualized Treatment

Detox Centers

ABOUT SEQUOIA RECOVERY

Located in West Orange, N.J., Sequoia Recovery offers residential and outpatient substance abuse and co-occurring disorders treatment for adult men and women. Clinically managed detox services are provided on-site. This means that clients are supervised by professionals and provided amenities to help keep them comfortable while detoxing however, no medical interventions are used.

Upon arrival, all clients are individually assessed by an addiction specialist to determine an appropriate and personalized course of treatment.

The facility offers residential programs that last 30, 60, or 90 days, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) that clients typically step down into after residential treatment, and a standard outpatient program that meets less frequently and helps clients with job readiness and other key life skills.

Relapse prevention planning and aftercare is also offered. While the facility provides little specific information on its treatment modalities and activities, the center does state that individual and group counseling are included.

According to Sequoia Recovery’s website, the treatment team consists of licensed therapists and counselors.

Accommodations are described as luxurious, and all clients receive gym memberships while in treatment.

At the time of this writing there have been three polled by Rehabs.com. All polled alumni gave the facility glowing reviews. Alum B.R. gave the facility five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness, five stars for accommodations & amenities, and four stars for meals & nutrition. B.R. added, “I owe it to this place for getting me sober. I've been battling with my addiction for years and decided to get help for my family. Sequoia Recovery drug rehab really put life and what I was doing to myself into perspective and it as what I really needed to get clean.”

Another alum, J.R., gave the facility five stars for treatment effectiveness, accommodations & amenities, and meals & nutrition. J.R. gave the facility a recommendation for anyone seeking treatment. “Great place and great staff. I got better and its thanks to them, I definitely would refer this recovery center to anyone looking for treatment.”

The final alum, B.N., gave the facility five stars for treatment effectiveness, four stars for accommodations & amenities, and five stars for meals & nutrition. B.N. was skeptical of the facility at first but overall agreed that the facility was very helpful. “My sister picked Sequoia Recovery for me and I was skeptic at first because I had to leave home but I'm glad I went here...Yeah it was tough at first but in reality by the 2nd week of treatment I was really focused and ready to get clean. I would recommend this place.”

At the time of this writing there has been one staff member polled by Rehabs.com. L.M., a former staff member, worked at the facility for five to 10 years. L.M. wrote that the facility’s program is primarily based on the 12-step model and that the facility used medications for the treatment of alcohol use disorders during treatment. The former staff member gave five out of five stars for the credentials/experience of medical staff, the credentials/experience of addiction treatment staff, and four stars for the overall quality of patient and treatment care

Sequoia Recovery’s website states that most major insurances are accepted.

Published on June 2017

When my family convinced me to get help for my addiction, I didn't know where to go or who to turn to. My sister picked Sequoia Recovery for me and I was skeptic at first because I had to leave home but I'm glad I went here. When I got there the staff was very welcoming. I didn't know what to expect but my counselor and therapist sat with me and together we put together a plan specifically for me. Yeah it was tough at first but in reality by the 2nd week of treatment I was really focused and ready to get clean. I would recommend this place.

Sunrise House
  • Indoor Gym
  • Motivational Interviewing
  • Registered Dietician
Center for Healing
  • Vivitrol available
  • Seen weekly by our physician
  • Medication management