Sequoia Recovery in West Orange, NJ

101 Old Short Hills Road Suite 285
West Orange NJ 07052

Sequoia Recovery Philosophy

It is Sequoia Recovery’s philosophy to provide compassionate and professional care to all those who seek our help. We will provide a safe haven for those who are ready to start their journey to sobriety. As a team, we will work tirelessly together to overcome your addiction and provide you with the tools for a long lasting sobriety.

Process Abuse Treatment, Detox

Receive Help
Individualized Treatment
Detox Centers

ABOUT SEQUOIA RECOVERY

Located in West Orange, N.J., 18 miles west of N.Y.C., Sequoia Recovery offers upscale residential treatment and outpatient-based programs for adults struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. Before beginning treatment, all clients participate in a supervised, non-medical detoxification process.

Upon arrival, clients are individually assessed by an addiction specialist to determine an appropriate and personalized course of treatment. To treat its clientele, Sequoia Recovery utilizes evidence-based treatment methods.

While the facility provides little specific information on its treatment modalities, clients do participate in individual, group, and family counseling sessions. Information sourced through Rehabs.com surveys also suggested that the facility's programming incorporates the 12-step model of recovery. A specialized track for executives is also available.

The facility offers residential programs that last 30, 60, or 90 days, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) that clients typically transition into after residential treatment, and a standard outpatient program that meets less frequently and helps clients with job readiness and other key life skills. Before program completion, the facility offers aftercare options and relapse prevention planning.

According to Sequoia Recovery’s website, the treatment team consists of licensed therapists and counselors.

Accommodations are described as luxurious, and all clients receive gym memberships while in treatment.

The three individuals polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave the facility glowing reviews, all provided perfect five out of five-star ratings for the facility's overall effectiveness and the quality of meals. “I owe it to this place for getting me sober. I've been battling with my addiction for years and decided to get help for my family,” alum B.R. wrote. Alum J..R. added: “Great place and great staff. I got better and its thanks to them, I definitely would refer this recovery center to anyone looking for treatment.”

Although skeptical of the facility at first, alum B.M. wrote: “Yeah it was tough at first but in reality by the 2nd week of treatment I was really focused and ready to get clean. I would recommend this place.”

The one staff member polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing had mixed opinions of the facility. The former staff member gave perfect five-star ratings for the credentials and experience of staff members, but gave two-star ratings for the facility's aftercare protocols and overall job satisfaction.

Sequoia Recovery’s website states that most major insurances are accepted.

Published on February 2018

When my family convinced me to get help for my addiction, I didn't know where to go or who to turn to. My sister picked Sequoia Recovery for me and I was skeptic at first because I had to leave home but I'm glad I went here. When I got there the staff was very welcoming. I didn't know what to expect but my counselor and therapist sat with me and together we put together a plan specifically for me. Yeah it was tough at first but in reality by the 2nd week of treatment I was really focused and ready to get clean. I would recommend this place.

I owe it to this place for getting me sober. I've been battling with my addiction for years and decided to get help for my family. Sequoia Recovery drug rehab really put life and what I was doing to myself into perspective and it as what I really needed to get clean.

Center for Healing
  • Vivitrol available
  • Seen weekly by our physician
  • Medication management