Serenity Point Recovery Center

15140 16th Ave., Marne, Michigan, 49435

4.2

About Serenity Point Recovery Center

Serenity Rehab provides a variety of treatment options such as SMART recovery, which takes a scientific and secular approach to treatment and incorporates behavioral techniques such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Motivational Interviewing. Serenity also offers counseling in communication, taking responsibility, overcoming “crooked” thinking, and life skills training.

Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Detox

Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

• Groups
  • Life Skills
  • SMART Recovery
Sarah Russell, LLMSW

Sarah Russell, LLMSW

Counselor

Sarah Russell has a Masters of Social Work degree from Grand Valley State University, as well as a Masters of Public Administration. Her populations of interest include adults of any age suffering from the consequences of addiction and those who are seeking active recovery. Sarah has 5+ years of experience working with individuals, families, and groups in the greater West Michigan area in the fields of both mental health and substance abuse. She is passionate in incorporating a holistic approach while utilizing classic clinical methods.

Show Bio
Tammy Zylstra, MA, NCC, LPC

Tammy Zylstra, MA, NCC, LPC

Clinical Director/Senior Director of Production

Tammy Zystra has a Masters in Clinical Counseling and she is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Michigan. Tammy has 10 years of experience in multiple modalities of therapy with a diverse population. She has worked with families, children, and adolescence. Tammy has experience in crisis intervention, co-occurring disorders, substance abuse, addictions, post-traumatic stress, and behavioral intervention. She been trained in multiple training and educational techniques, such as Moral Recognition Therapy, SMART Recovery, AA/NA, and behavioral modification. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” –Alice Walker

Show Bio
Financial Details
  • Financing available for all or a portion of treatment.

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT SERENITY REHAB

Nestled in a the town of Marne, Mich., approximately 15 miles from Grand Rapids, Serenity Rehab is one of the state's 83 (18.2 percent) residential treatment centers for adults who are struggling with substance abuse. In addition, this is one of the just 35 (7.7 percent) non-hospital treatment centers in Michigan where medically-supervised detox services are offered on-site.

Treatment at Serenity Rehab is highly individualized, and the facility takes a secular, scientific approach to addiction by utilizing evidence-based techniques, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), rational emotive behavioral therapy, and motivational interviewing (MI).

Treatment primarily adheres to the SMART Recovery program, a popular alternative to the traditional 12-step model. Though optional, Serenity Rehab also encourages clients to integrate spirituality into their recovery process.

Other aspects of treatment include gender-specific process groups and life skills workshops, as well as regular fitness and holistic opportunities including yoga, meditation, and music therapy.

The treatment team includes licensed practicing counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, licensed master’s level social workers, and case managers. To date, the 17 individuals polled by Rehabs.com on the matter awarded high ratings for the facility's staff.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.2/5

Located in a secluded area surrounded by nature, the 150-bed residential campus provides clients with cozy, dorm-style rooms that are shared or private. This suggests a high-level of bed availability, given that the average number of residents in a treatment facility was 18 clients, as of 2016.

Amenities include an on-site gym, hot tub, shared dining area, basketball court, and game room. The 17 Rehabs.com survey respondents polled on the matter provided extremely high ratings for the facility's accommodations and amenities.

Leisure, Exercise, and Extracurricular Options: 4.2/5
Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 4/5

The positive comments from more than a dozen alumni polled by Rehabs.com, which were the majority, reported compassionate, qualified staff and a supportive and encouraging environment for recovery. “The staff is very caring and have helped me in many ways with any questions or concerns that I have had,” A.F. wrote. Alumni also appreciated the different holistic therapies such as art, music, and yoga.

When asked if they would recommend Serenity Rehab, the eight alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing strongly agreed, and 14 alumni rated holistic offering and counseling options positively.

Likelihood to Recommend 4.5/5
Counseling Options: 4.4/5
Holistic Offerings: 4.2/5

Several alumni credited the facility with saving or changing their lives, including Tommy who wrote to Rehabs.com, “I've received so much love and support. I am a firm believer in this type of recovery treatment because I am seeing great results in my life.” More than one alumni also commented the rehab was the most effective they have attended. “I have been to every kind of rehab there is and this one is the best,” Alan wrote.

However, a few alumni felt the facility was misleading in its marketing efforts. “The website and reality are 2 different things,” one alum wrote, while alum Jerry added: “Serenity Point Recovery provides exaggerations, disappointment.”

Feedback was slightly more neutral, though still above average on secondary sites, indicated by the 3.5 out of five-star average rating based on 39 Google reviews to date.[1] While a few reviewers took issue with the staff members being in recovery themselves, many more comments praised the programming and quality of care. In a representative review, A.V. wrote, "I’ve never seen so many helpful people as I’ve seen at Serenity Point. It’s amazing. The staff there make going to treatment an enjoyable experience."

Of the two loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, one gave an overall positive review and one gave a more negative review. Loved one C.S., whose fiance attended the program wrote: “I see such a huge change in him. I feel like what he learned really helped him, and now he is not suffering, and doesnt have side effects," offering five stars for counseling options and four stars for the level of family participation.

However, J.E.C. wrote, “Lack of communication, no support for families, communication with the family was hindered by staff, staff lied to patients and families.”

On Yelp at the time of this writing, one reviewer gave two stars and the other, the parent of a former client, gave just one out of five stars.[2] "Dumping addicts without notifying family seems pretty counter productive," this parent wrote, claiming that her son was kicked out of the program with no warning. However, she updated her review to say that there was eventual follow-up and she would like to improve her rating.

The sole staff member surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave Serenity Rehab positive feedback. "Experienced caring staff members, multiple methods of treatment, great counseling, nice building," wrote C.R.

According to information provided by the center, treatment costs $30,000 per month. Serenity Rehab accepts most private insurance plans, including Aetna, Cigna, Humana, and BlueCross BlueShield. They also work with lenders and have in-house financing options. The 17 individuals surveyed on center affordability to date provided an extremely high average rating.

Affordability: 4.2/5

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/serenity-point-marne

Accreditations & Licenses
  • ADP
  • NAATP
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.2/5
    4.2/5
    4.5/5
    4.1/5

• Isaac
    Serenity Point Recovery has challenged me to dig into feelings and memories that I've suppressed since childhood. I've been to other treatment facilities and always held back some of my truth and got a half recovery from it. Upon arrival to SPR I was lost in my head and definitely lost in direction of life. I felt like I had no purpose here on earth anymore. But SPR's non stop relentless staff kept my spirits up and hopeful. HMMM. That's the same hope that I thought in lost forever. Now with just a little hope and a lot of willingness and honesty I would embark on a total mind, body, and spiritual change. SPR'S staff and clients would be like little angles to break this once hardened heart. Putting the drug\alcohol away was easier that expected. It was living with the person I've been running from. I have found some new and old coping skills to use on my road to recovery. One major thing is that I now know that I don't need a pill to make me feel like this or like that. I just need good old fashion work and tears and a lot of honesty. SPR has definitely given me new ways to look at life and new options before resorting back to drugs and alcohol. Upon discharge I will rejoin my immediate family and start attending AA\NA meetings with my sponsor. I will also have an accountability circle of sober friends. I owe this opportunity to GOD and my wonderful Wife. THANKS SPR
  • Jeremy
    Serenity Point has given me the tools to retake my life back! Their holistic approach to recovery has truly been a spiritual experience. The classes offered range from Science of Addiction to Native 12 step and everything in between. For me this was crucial as I needed to have several strategies in order to combat the circumstances that lead me to the debilitating state of mind I was formerly in. To the Counselors and Staff as well as my fellow Clients, Thank you for all that you have done for my family!!!
  • VBB
    Today I am 30 days sober, this is my 2nd time here at SPR I decided to come back here because this is my 2nd family people & the staff here are so amazing they help by listing to my stories no one judged me or made me feel uncomfortable. I feel like I belong here with my family I've learned a lot of coping skills, I learned to become more mindful with myself and how I look at things. I learned how to control my anxiety for my recovery, I learned what relapse prevention really means & and to apply it in my life so I do not relapse again. I now have confidence in myself again. It was my birthday on the 18th of march this year and I was able to have one of the best birthdays I've ever had and I did not need to be drunk to have a wonderful day. I will also be able to remember this forever. what I will have to work on out of SPR will be staying motivate so I don't get bored being flexible not setting my expectations to high and not to low to find my balance it is necessary for me to change I don't want to lie to myself anymore I thank God everyday because I know he is leading me in the right place. Thank you SPR for not giving up on me and helping me become me again .
  • Chadwick
    Serenity taught me that recovery isn't just about getting off the drugs, but finding the underlying reason for your use and working through it.
  • Jordan
    I found my experience here to be exactly what I needed to help with my recovery. The time I was allowed to grow so I can return to normalcy was more than necessary. Everyone was very understanding of struggles I was going through, and I found plenty of other clients people I consider beneficial to recovery.
  • michael
    I am greatful for serenity point and the staff great place over all
  • DM
    You were given the choice of different learning programs, including a Native American program that is basically AA but with a Native American spirituality component or traditional AA. I chose AA and it fit my needs just fine. A lot of the clients felt that the other two programs were beneficial as well. The structure is as follows: during the day you will partake in 3 classes led by counselors and other staff that cover things like addiction, coping mechanisms, how to deal with stress etc. I was lucky and was in a smaller class size with older participants 25+ (for the most part). The other group was much larger and consisted of younger clients 18-25. It was often hard for the counselors to control these groups. The groups were often immature and some of the "bad apples" would ruin things for everyone else. After your day classes you went into your "chosen program". As I stated I was a part of the AA program which seemed least popular with the community but worked great for me. It was lead by an outside member of the AA community and was very similar to being a part of any AA community, we had meetings but also discussed our issues with Alcohol and drugs. The Native American program was more more spiritually based and was probably the second most preferred and had a curriculum with a workbook. While I was there for around 80+ days I believe the program went through 3 or 4 leaders (this was a very common theme throughout the facility, many staff and counselors came and left while I was there). Weekends were free to yourself and you could sometimes go to outings like movies or volunteer events. In the end I benefitted the most from the structure the place provided me and the opportunity to stay for more than the normal 30 day stay I was used to the previous 2 times I had been in residential treatment. The following are the major issues with the facility that I believe unfortunately do NOT make this an effective treatment center, especially for young adults. But I will also include the positive aspects of the facility that helped me despite the negative issues. Negative -Staff (outside of clinical staff) played favorites and were often not much older if not younger than the clients they interacted with, it also wasnt uncommon for these staff members to have been clients as recently as a month ago themselves. -The clinical staff like counselors seem to be well versed and accredited but the nursing staff seem to be nothing more than just hired hands. -Cash is king. People paying with insurance or state funded insurance will stay in dorm style housing on bunk beds with 4 to 6 other people. Single or double occupancy rooms go to patients paying cash out of pocket first. The facility used to be an old nursing home and it looks like it. There is no air conditioning in the facility except for portable units which usually wind up in the single rooms. -The clients are a mix of those really wanting to get sober and those who dont care or are there to avoid jail time. These clients often ruin the experience for those who are ultimately trying to get better. --The age of the clients also means that while I was there, alot of poor behavior occured. Also there were actual physical altercations. Now if there was a physical altercation that did always result in the client being kicked out of the program but this wasnt always so when it came to threatening and it was not uncommon for clients to go at each other and threaten physical harm on each other. Often this was handled by separating the clients but almost always led to a physical altercation later. -Security at the facility was very poor. People were not supposed to have cell phones but they were snuck in. Considering it was a rehabilitation center I feel like this was completely unacceptable. -As I mentioned earlier there was a revolving door around staff. There were a handful of staff that were there the entire 80+ days I was there. Positives -The smaller group I was a part of was full of mature people who really wanted to get better. They became a great support system and we were a tight knit group. -The second half of the day programs (AA, Native American AA and I cant remember the last one) seemed to help all of the clients in one way or another. -We often DID have fun. The staff did try and give us a lot of opportunities for recreation, travel outside the facility and opportunities to feel normal outside of a clinical rehab environment. -Minus a few "bad apples" the clients are great people. They come from all walks of life and backgrounds. Ultimately I believe that this place could benefit from a more professional staff, stricter rules and a MUCH stricter screening process for clients.
  • JC
    Serenity has been very helpful with helping me understand who I am as a person. Learning how to confront and deal with my thoughts, feelings, and emotions has worked wonders for me. It's something I completely lacked in my addiction and is now one of my greatest assets. The tools I have learned in parenting will also play a huge role in my recovery. I am motivated to put them into action and have a much healthier relationship with my children. I have gained much confidence with putting up boundaries with loved ones and friends while sticking to them this time around. Beyond Addiction gave me a much greater understanding of the way I thought in addiction and why I did such irrational things. I now have a newfound hope that I can change my way of thinking and start processing things in a healthier way with balance. Last but not least, Smart Recovery. I truly enjoyed the groups and gained the knowledge I needed to make it work for me in my everyday life. I see a bright and successful life ahead of me one day at a time.
  • ANNA
    Serenity Point Recovery helped me find myself by having a great program and finding me again. Getting away from alcohol and the area I live really helped me with my change of thought. The main thing the program helped me with was coping skills. I've learned how to cope with my addiction and learned there are other things I can do besides drinking that makes me happy.
  • JEC
    They fly you to them. Massage Therapy was good when you could get it. Lack of communication, no support for families, no family counseling, too many people and not enough phones.
    Quality of treatment was low.
  • Mmk
    The staff are the nices people I have met, calm area and professional traeatment. Pricey. I was completely hopeless and at the end of my rope when I reached out for help. I knew that I couldn���t do it alone so I started to google treatment centers near me . I came across Serenity and I have heard about them before briefly. I called them right away. I told the person on the phone that I was nervous about going to rehab in another state, but she assured me that it was the best decision I could make. She walked me through the entire process, and all I had to do was show up to the airport with my carry on. As soon as I got to the treatment center and was greeted by caring staff members, I knew I had made the right choice. Every single person that worked there was welcoming and really cared about my well-being. I only got help and amazing level of care. They have all been so understanding with me, they knew exactly what was happening with me and how to help me get trough It. They never judged me, or made me feel like a bad person, opposite of this. I was very pleased with this aspect, made me more sure of myself. I learned to live again ��� a life free of drugs. If you are in the same place I was, don���t hesitate to give get treatment a call. They honestly saved my life. I have hope now.
  • JH
    care factor, program content, amenities. needs larger seating cafeteria I have been working here since it's creation and personally strive to make it the best rehab possible on a daily basis. I just want a person to be able to have the best stay possible!
  • cr
    Experienced caring staff members, multiple methods of treatment, great counseling, nice building.
  • BJA
    ACC program, Staff truly cares and works so hard to handle all clients needs and concerns. Nursing bed side manner is not the best Such a great facility! offers many forms of treatment to fit your individual needs. Staff is amazing and cares so much about each and every client
  • FA
    Excellent team. Lacks on quality of food. Thanks to my patents, I went to serenity for my treatment. If it wasn't for them, I would have not gone there, but I am very great full for them they they choose for me and pushed me to take care of my issues. I am 100% satisfied with the service I received. Professionally they are very good at their job. They know what they are doing. The nurses at the detox were very nice, they did an amazing job getting me through it. I am not gonna lie, its tough, but we got ourself into this state, and it us tough to get out, but it is so worth. I found that the courses that they offered were very helpful with my recovery, but what i appreciated the most, were the one on one sessions that I received from my counselor and all the helps that I got from her. She is so amazing, I am so so glad that I choose Serenity. All the people that have helped me with my sobriety all were so extremely understanding and completely non judgmental. For once I really felt understood. I liked how relaxed the place was and how everyone was like a big family, where we were all helping each other out. Thank you to the team at serenity, you guys are really amazing. And thank to all my peers who helped me too.
  • Jj
    Treatment. Crowded. I was 18 when I started using and it started with pot, and I ended up being a heroin addict, and destroyed and lost everything I had. I had the best education I could ask for, the best schools and the best family support that anyone cam ask for and I all messed it up. I was such a mess. When I came to Serenity I was scared, lonely, and homeless. My parents and family got really a enough of me and my wife pest me with my son and this was the last drop whenI finally decided it was time for me to take measures and get my stuff together. For this I can safely say serenity saved my life. I had been in and out of rehab in the past and nothing had helped. I would leave and immediately relapse. It was different at Serenity. I felt like I was part of something bigger than myself. If I was to relapse I would let down the whole community, both the staff and my peers. Not only that, but I learned how to live my life without substance abuse, which is more important than most people realize. During my time at Serenity I was given the life skills and confidence needed to take care of myself once my time in treatment had come to an end. Drugs are no longer my crutch and they no longer have to be yours either.
  • Dh
    Strengths: Amazing staff members, great team and great program. Weakness: Couldnbe better then rooms and the food like really. You guys are really the best team, best people to help anyone with drug or alcohol addiction . I have spent Nearly 2 months at serenity and I can tell you that now i know so well all the staffs and the medical staff and the counselor to security guard, and they are all so fantastic and nice. I really have never met with such an amazing bunch of people who are ready to do anything just to help someone else. They are so persuaded that anyone can be helped and they are so right. I was a mess, really a mess, and I came out fine an clean and stable, after such a long time. I have been a drug addict since I was 16, and look now I am clean and I have a normal life now, well semi normal, but I am getting there. All this thanks to the amazing diamond hearted people who helped me changed me. What can I say about the program, besides that it helped me a lot, and I would totally recommend it anyone who wants to get the best help with their addiction. So honestly just call them they will help you with all the insurance and all those horrible papers, they will help you get there and answer all your concerns. I truly recommend them from my hearth.
  • Cs
    very effective treatment. It stays a bit pricey. My fiance was on drugs for a while, and he asked me to get married, so I tild him with one consition, if he gets a real treament in a real rehab. So we choose together, and he choose seremity rehab. We have heard and read so many good things and this place is really nice. The intake staff were very nice, they were so patient, I alread saw this was the right place for him. Now he just celebrate his 6 months of being clean and I am so proud of him. He went so far in such a short time. I see such a huge change in him. I feel like what he learned really helped him, and now he is not suffering, and doesnt have side effects. I think that this program is very effective, because he was not like this with the previous treatments. There at Serenity they really did a tood job, it is obvious on the results. I know that he got really good one on one handlings, he said that the group meetings were good too, and that the 12 steps were effective, with the other trainings he got. He said that he really like the communications, he said that this really helped him be more communjcative with others, and deal with certain life situations. I want to thank to serenity for what they did for my fiance!
  • Gd
    Very effective treatment. The food I could not convince myself when my friend told me about Serenity point rehab. I though it seemed too good to be true. I could not believe that a holistic approach and counseling can be so effective. But now since I have received the treatment at Serenity all my doubts are clear. I am actually very pleased with the results I attained from the rehab. I have been on drugs and than harsher drugs for a bit now, and I am not very proud of it, but this is how it is. I felt like I was ready to take my life back and I wanted an effective solution, I wanted to do it the right way for the first time. And I did it. I can't tell what part of my stay was the best or what was the most effective treatment that worked. I think we have to look at things globally. For the the combination of all things that worked. Starting from the detox to counseling through the 12 steps, group meetings, the divers activities, the community etc. I do not really have faith in outpatient rehabs, some say it. Better cause they will not get with the wrong people or whatever, but I am persuaded that this is the easiest way, since you are "disconnected" from your usual day to day life that got you to this point, and in this calm environment you are more capable of dealing with all the different emotions. I would like to recommend it to anybody who wants the transition quick and easy.
  • Dylan
    Serenity Point has given me clean time and changed my perspective on my drug use
  • Shawnda D
    It was truly a privlige to have received such excellent treatment for my drug addiction problem. I realize a lot of others less fortunate than myself will not receive treatment and struggle with addiction for a lifetime . I feel as if my life in active addiction is a half of life and the people I love and care for are lucky if they even get to share just a small piece of who I am . Clean and sober I am fuller richer more alive , vibrant and feel as if I can finally give and be all of me......
  • Chad
    Profession staff, to the point program, very well managed rehab with a great director. The staff know what to do, and they are doing their job. The staff are all trained and professional, never any of them have been unprofessional or abusive, to the contrary, they always know what to do. When I started I got to do the detox, and it was very convenient that it was at the same place as the rehab. I know many people detox in hospitals, but I found that there it feel so un human to do so, while at serenity you still get to do it the same way, with medical supervision, but you can still be a normal person in a normal place, not someone who is ���sick�۝. I appreciated very much their caring, of how I was advancing and if I ever needed anything. I found that the 12 step program was well administered, it was quite to the book, so they were very correct on that. The building is nice, very calm area, just exactly what I needed for my recovery. We had different activities throughout my stay, they kept us connected to the ���real�۝ word, like there was a festival kind of thing so we went out to raise awareness about drugs, and that made me feel really happy about the fact that I decided to choose to go to a rehab, and specially Serenity. Even in their local community they are creating an impact.
  • Sophie
    I went to Serenity a few months ago. And I am so grateful for the experience I had there. I really feel like a made a good choice with Serenity. It was the first place I'd been to, that treated me like a person, without judgement and without making me feel like a criminal. I was able to see a therapist a few times a week, and we also had several group sessions that I enjoyed, and were mostly beneficial for my recovery. I learned a lot about myself and finally developed some structure and routine in my life. I learned so much about relations and all the experience and knowledge I earned at Serenity, are so useful in building a sober life for myself. There was always plenty to do and I just loved my stay there overall. I particularly enjoyed the different activities that they offered, all the outings that we had. It was super to go out and have some fun even though that we are in a rehab. I made so many new friends, I am happy that the destiny got me to meet them. Thanks you for all the people who helped me through this time. I would definitely recommend Serenity to anyone who is struggling.
  • Anna
    Serenity is really the optimal place for a rehab of any kind. The staffs are just so helpful and motivational and they will back you up when you feel down, or when you have a hard time with your program. They are all the way with you. I have never seen people be so dedicated wt their job. It feels like they are not just working, but more like they giving their hearth and sole into helping others to get better. I am amazed at their dedication. Their program is amazing too. You get to have one on one sessions and also group sessions, this way you get the benefits of both forms. Furthermore you advance on your tailor made program, nothing better than that. They really take into account your choices, your decisions, if you have already been in a rehab or not. You get to do like sports too. I really enjoyed our morning yoga sessions, that woke me up and put me in the right mood. I also enjoyed our outings that we had on the week ends, was nice to go out with the peers. I would say that i feel like I benefited from this program, and I feel like that I will be able to stay clean and sober.
  • Savanna
    Serenity has truly saved my life, I am so great full that I choose them. This is my second rehab and I never thought I would get clean until I came to this program. Most rehabs are like day cares for adults and pamper you for example, maids that come in and clean your room for you and clean the house and treat you like you were at a spa. Serenity taught me the responsibility to grow up and be the adult that I need to be. They teach you actual life skills that you gotta use in life, such as how to get a job, how job interviews work etc for those who are very inexperienced in these areas. They help you find you road too in case you are not yet sure what to do. I would advise this place to anybody that wants to be clean and learn the tools one needs to stay sober. Thanks to this place I have no desire to go use and get back into my old life style. The teachers here and therapist really know what they are doing and they know how to help you with anything that your going through. The staff here are really nice and want to support you in any way that they can possible. The living houses could use a little improvement but that is not what people are there for. People come here to get help and stay sober not to live in a day care. I'm so thankful that I picked Serenity over any rehab center because I don't think I would have gotten the same or even as good of place to save my life.
  • Emy
    Have been at Serenity for like 2 months. Thanks to them now I am clean and sober and I can have a normal life. Since I came back, I found a good job, and I really found my place in the community. And with my family we are getting along so well. In the beginning it was a bit scary for me. I needed to get used to my surroundings. However, after the first week of settling in things began getting easier. Especially it was easier after once i have been through the detox, which is btw on sight. The staff was wonderful to me. All the counselors and teachers are wonderful, they really take their time with each client, and they are so non judgmental. They took the time to explain things to me. I started to realize that I was in a safe place. I felt well again a long time and I was not scared of what would they think if me, they have been many of them in my shoes before. They knew how to deal with whatever I asked them of. Serenity showed me a way to deal with my addiction and go on with my life. I am very grateful to them. I highly recommend Serenity to others.
  • Mason
    I have found so much help in SPR, from the peers, counselors, and mentors. I walked into SPR depressed and anxious, and feel that I have made such an extreme change since I've been here. I wake up happy and positive, and don't dwell on my past failures and regrets. I have made such progress since entering this facility. I am forever grateful. Thank you SPR!
  • Blake P
    Everytime I relapse I pick myself up stronger than I was before, thank you SPR.
  • Ben
    Most counselors and facilitators were qualified. It is very poorly managed, unorganized and unprofessional. Medications are given in a horrible process. The rooms and bedding are unacceptable. Good counselors.
  • Matthew
    This place is very effective for self healing and processing information. I am thankful for this process of treatment. Thank you all for being so understanding.
  • jesse
    I learned a lot about boundaries that will help me a lot with my personal and non personal relationships. I have gathered a lot of knowledge and ideas of coping skills that will come in handy when I am back home. I have learned how to meditate wich has helped and will continue to help with stress and anxiety. I learned some skills that will help with getting hired when applying for a job. I definitely got a lot out of serenity point.
  • jwh
    Serenity Point Recovery has helped me get sober, get my mind back in place, and figure out my meaning for living sober. They have great staff that have been through a lot that we have been through. They have good counselor's that work with you on a lot of things most anything you need help with. They are all around great people here to help anyone asking for help ..... ect,
  • Sarah B
    Serenity Pointe has given me clarity and peace of mind. This is my second time in rehab and the first time failed. Whether I was ready or I wasn't mentally prepared Im not sure . All I know now is that I am ready to continue life sober now aand I have the staff and my peers at Serenity to thank for that. I am very lucky I have such a great support system as well.
  • J.S.
    Here at serenity point, I learned a lot about myself. I felt emotions I haven't felt in years. I learned a lot about communication skills, relationship skills, and coping skills. I learned where I failed in past relationships with loved ones and family. I also learned how to go about making amends with those people and that only time will regain their trust. When I first got here I was out of my routine and had no close friends. Through communication, I learned how to make friends that will last a lifetime. Native 12 step helped me get back in touch with my spirituality. I can finally say that I do believe in a higher power. Now that I'm leaving soon, I believe I have the proper skills that I need to take reality and the real world head on.
  • Sandra
    Serenity was worth every dime spent though my insurance. I feel confident but also scared. My group facilitator, had the biggest impact. She is awesome!! I believed every word she said. The staff was the best ever. They were concerned about my feelings and comfort, they are an awesome group of people. I learned how to set boundaries, this is something I had never heard of. I can tell my friends that you cannot cross this boundary but could not say " I can't be your friend". I will recommend Serenity to anyone looking to seek treatment. Thank You.
  • Lilleyth D
    When I first got to Serenity Point I felt scared and vulnerable because I have been battling addiction for 4 years. Over the time I was here I learned how to cope with my depression without the use of drugs or alcohol. This place has taught me how to set healthy boundaries and how to stop my co dependency in my relationships. I have finally learned to be a functioning member of society thanks to Serenity Point.
  • Kz
    This place was awful!!! Horrible deplorable!!! They gave me detox meds and told me to sit in a hot tub, which is not allowed anywhere else because it's dangerous, I knodded off and could have drowned. They didn't come and talk to me, wondered the hall confused for two hours before someone explained where I was. I make staff member threaten to sit me me down physically well I was having a panic attack. Had to go to the hospital because I was freaking out and the head lady laughed and said hahah ur going to a psych ward.. I was a wreck my hole life changed and then I woke up there completely unaware. But they did nothing to help me and entagonized me and threaten me. So awful the staff looks worse then the patients can't tell who's who. Don't go
  • AF
    Serenity Point Recovery is such an amazing rehab. Amazingly enough I actually had fun while I was there and enjoyed my time. Going through detox obviously wasn’t the best, it’s not the best anywhere though and I was more comfortable going through detox at Serenity than I’ve been going through detox at other rehabs I’ve been to. The medical personnel and the staff working in detox made the whole process of detoxing much easier to get through. Once I was through detox and moved over to the actual program I sat down with my counselor and went over the different programs they have available. There isn’t one perfect system for getting every addict clean and sober and so they have a variety of different programs to choose from. I was able to do a program that fit with what I needed. Going through my program at Serenity was a completely different experience for me. The main thing was that the program I did made sense to me. I was able to work out the reasons behind certain actions of mine that always lead me to a relapse. Working on responding differently to those circumstances wasn’t easy but it was a big thing. One thing about Serenity is that some of the staff have been through their own troubles with addiction and so they were able to relate to me and the problems I was facing much easier than someone who just has experience at working at a rehab and not the other side of it. Another thing about Serenity is that they make sure their clients have a good time. When we aren’t in groups or classes there are plenty of things to do or activities that the staff create for us. They staff there are beyond anything I could have imagined. Every one of them is so caring and willing to do anything in their power to help with whatever you need. Even after I graduated. If I needed help working through something I never hesitated to call because I knew that the person I talked with would be able to help. My whole experience at Serenity was completely different from other rehabs and it’s because of that that I’ve been able to stay clean and sober since graduating.
  • S.S.
    The SPR program has basically saved my life. Had I not come here, chances are I would have been dead. Being here helped me gain the tools needed to fight this war called addiction. Before coming to this program, I was the type to hold everything in. I am able to communicate better with my family and that is a big one for me. It is just been an all around blessing. I have learned that tough times do not last and tough people do. This has been an all time low for me but I just keep bending myself that falling does not make me a failure, not getting back us does.
  • MRT
    Coming to Serenity Point I was broken and had nothing left. Through classes like AA and NA, I was able to share my problems with others and gain their insight. I was also able to help others with their problems. My counselor and facilitators helped me explore past relationships and helped me start to form my own identity. I learned to effectively meditate and self-reflect through Mindfulness classes. I have made my first step towards changing my thinking. I am now starting a new life in sober living. I am excited to see what my sobriety brings to me if I work for it.
  • LW
    Serenity Point Recovery has helped me find myself in many ways. The most beneficial for me has been that because I was able to get off heroin while I was here in treatment, I have been able to experience what it's like to be sober for the first time in over ten years. When I was using drugs I slowly lost myself and who I was. It happened very slowly at first so I wasn't able to notice it as much as the people around me could. I was told that I had lost my personality and that I was basically an empty shell. I would get very defensive because I couldn't see what they were seeing. From being here and learning about coping skills and ways to deal with my stress and anxiety I have been able to make drastic changes regarding my mental and emotional health. My family has noticed the change in me. Even the subtle changes in my voice has been noticed by them. My favorite part about being here has been the relationships I have developed. I have learned so much from my peers and have laughed more here than I have done since being a kid.
  • Heather
    The first time I got clean and sober was in 2012 when my fiancé died in my arms of an overdose. Fear and hopelessness drove me to the rooms of AA/NA and after some struggle I was able to put together 4 years clean and sober. On the outside, everything looked great. I had a sober boyfriend, lived in the Florida Keys, had a job at a paddleboard shop, a license and car, even started grad school for holistic medicine. But nobody knew that on the inside I was still a broken scared little girl. I never completed the steps and made an emotionally abusive relationship my higher power. When that relationship ended, I did not have the coping skills to handle it and started drinking to numb the feelings. I justified to myself - at least I wasn't using heroin. In a span of just 6 months - I got into a car accident, was admitted to a psych ward for being suicidal, almost failed out of school and went to jail for DUI. This all piled up on me and I felt there was no way out. Thankfully my therapist in Florida found Serenity Point Recovery online and I was on a plane the next day. I showed up completely broken - physically, mentally and spiritually. I was fearful that I would never be happy and whole again. Then something happened, I can't even describe. I connected with my counselors and my peers. I found myself laughing and crying and speaking of things that had been eating me alive. I found my self worth growing with each day - and most important - I found hope for a sober life that is not miserable but enriching and fulfilling. I've gotten back to the root of who I am - through music, sober friendships, self searching. And I can say today for the first time in my life that I feel beautiful on the inside. I feel I have something to offer this world and I trust myself to be a strong independent sober woman. Thank you Serenity Point, to everyone here, I will be forever grateful.
  • J.A
    You have allowed me to get a clear head and get back to my normal self. With all the classes I have taken I have gained a lot of tools to take home and utilize. I've been humbled by this experience while also gaining confidence in myself to help others. I've also learned to be less judgmental of myself and others and to have acceptance for what I can't change but to work hard to change what I can.
  • Lena N
    Serenity point helped me get my life back. I am eternally grateful for that. Even though it took me some time to adjust and be fully comfortable to go to all my groups, once I did, I found the coping skills class to be very helpful, as well as the employment preparedness class. I thank the facilitators for taking time and actually teaching me certain things and skills that I will be able to utilize in my everyday life. Before coming to Serenity Point I was in a very dark and vulnerable place but once I came here I was greeted by an amazing staff and even better peer that understand me because they have been in my shoes before. I am extremely grateful for my mother for finding Serenity Point. I will never forget this journey. Lastly, I would like to thank my counselor for helping me set my treatment goals and go over them on a regular basis.
  • Zak A
    Serenity Point Recovery has helped me gain confidence. The staff is great and the clients are friendly. If you need anything at all, you can ask anyone for help, and they will make it their goal. I had to work on my anxiety and I feel a lot better about meeting new people. I am sure that anyone wanting to get clean and sober will be successful using this program. I want to thank everyone here for all the help I've received.
  • jd
    Serenity has given me the tools to use to focus on recovery. Learn to control my life and the a path I can start on. I know it will all be up to me to stay sober but there are people that I can seek out for help! There are many Different tools and coping skills I can use to control my urges. Most will be hobbies, Job, Family, Health (Working out/ eating well) and staying out of situations that will be negative to my recovery.
  • jack s
    Serenity point supplied me with a sober restart on life. I have learned a long list of coping skills that I've had plenty of time to practice. I have also been supplied with a large variety of sober livings, IOP's, and meetings to attend following my completion. I look forward to the next step in my recovery and executing all the skills I have learned during my stay. Thank you to all the staff for being so helpful and helping me on my journey.
  • Daniel P.
    Serenity Point Recovery has done so much for me. This facility has given me so many tools to help me in my recovery. I have grown to love the AA/NA program, and plan to attend meetings frequently when I leave here. I have also gained many coping skills, such as journaling, exercise, and meditation. These are things I will carry with me and continue to utilize my whole life from here on out. Before I came here, I had no idea who I was other than a hopeless cocaine addict. I had no sense of self, with my self-esteem and self-awareness at an all time low. But now I have learned to be a positive, confident person with strong leadership qualities. I found out I have a knack for helping others and I thoroughly enjoy it. I'm finally excited to live life again, without the use of drugs or alcohol. I have all of SPR, clients and staff, to thank for that.
  • Alex B.
    During my stay at Serenity Point Recovery I have gathered many useful tools to prepare me for a sober lifestyle. Serenity staff has helped me identify triggers such as alcohol use, having cash in hand and negative thought processes. I also have gained coping skills such as reframing negative situations and being involved in positive outlets. Controlling urges has become easier through meetings, playing guitar and other sober activities as well.
  • KJ
    There is so much that I can say about Serenity Rehab. It has given me back a very dear loved one who was on the brink of addiction darkness. Serenity helped them leave that black hole and find the light again. They have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to recovery and getting through an addiction. There is nothing more satisfying as seeing someone smiling again after years of addiction plaguing them. The care and handling of the patients at Serenity is so wonderful. The staff is very well trained and offer the best support for those going through withdrawals or the hard times that come with getting through an addiction. THe nutirtion and meals they offer are great and help put back a lot of the healthy aspects of eating that weren't being consumed before. I loved the facility itself. It's so beautiful and peaceful, which is perfect for those fighting their inner demons. The grounds are lovely and have beautiful paths and different outdoor activities for the people staying at Serenity. The amenities are excellent and showcase all that the rehab center has to offer. I can't say enough how much we are all grateful for our loved one enjoying life and finding happiness again. There is no greater reward than when they leave the rehab having finished the program and knowing how to stay above relapses and not go back down those dark paths.
  • Dylan H.
    When I first arrived at SPR I no will to live. The staff was friendly and made me feel at home. My time at SPR has been nothing like I expected. The people I have will be a great support system for life. I feel like I have the skills needed for the real world. I came here for smart recovery and it was definitely what I needed. I feel like I got the most out of crooked thinking however. the best thing I have got out of the program is I learned how to have sober fun. I have my will to live back and am ready to be in the real world again
  • hd
    Before coming to Serenity I was trying to achieve sobriety through my own sheer force of will and failing miserably. When I finally accepted that this was something I could not do alone Serenity quickly took me in and made sure my affairs were in order. Each day the facilitators and clients came together to help me achieve the sense of self I needed to be comfortable in my own sobriety. Through the collective effort of SPR I regained hope and found a new lease on my life.
  • Robert J
    I just returned home from Serenity Point last night. I was there for only six days. The reason I left early was because, so I was told, that I did not meet "diagnostic criteriia" for the facility. Let me explain... I have a history of over tweny years in recovery from coca inexpensive, Marijuana, and alcohol abuse/addiction. Over these twenty years I have had some periods of relapse. Lately, my addiction has manifested itself in a sexual addiction, more so than alcohol or drugs, although the I have been drinking and abusing a Xanax prescription. When I reached out for help, I discovered that insurance doesn't recognise, or cover, sex addiction. When I spoke to my contact in the admissions process, I made it clear I was experiencing this "process addiction." I was assured, that my history of substance abuse, along wits the fact I had resumed using, would qualify me for the facility. I expressed concern as to whether or not my underlying issues that fed all my addictions would be addressed. I was assured that, although the the bulk of my programming would be substance abuse based, I could deal with my core issues with the one on one therapy which I was to relieve an abundance of. So, off I Went! The admission process was a bit dehumanizing, as they systematically stripped me of my possessions and connections to the outside world. I must admit, the staff was compassionate and gentle through this process. Some more than others. The next day and a half were spent in detox where I shared space with several folks who were much worse off than I. After all, I was withdrawing from a delusional fantasy world in which my prostitute du jour was going to provide eternal happiness, not the stinging physical pain of heroin withdrawal. I observed staff to be consistently caring and compassionate. Again, some more than others. Next, I was moved to "residential" and received a program schedule which I developed with my case manager. I felt that progress and wellness were at hand. I must say, the potential for wellness is definitely to be found within the walls of this facility. At least it is for your basic addict or alcoholic. As I went to the groups, I had to parse out the stuff that I could apply to my "unique " situation. I felt hopeful, and was looking forward to my individual therapy. I am eager to get to my point of this commentary, so I will summarize... Serenity Point appears to be deserving of the many positive reviews posted here. That is, as long as things are going as planned. However, it was my experience, and I feel strongly about this as to spend the time to post these words of warning... these folks have two faces! As soon as, for whatever reason, and contrary to the words of the initial admissions personal, my case was deemed "ineligible", they treated me like I had the plague. My head was spinning they moved so fast to get me out of their Facility! Gone was the care and compassion, I was made to feel as if I had perpetrated some grand scheme to rip them off. The worse offenders of this about face were the very "professional" counselors whom I had previously believed were going to help me turn my life Around! The rank and file staff remained kind, caring, and compassionate. I have mixed feelings on this place. One must bear in mind that my case is somewhat unique, and I am not surprised the diagnostic criteria for addiction were not met. What I do find disappointed with is the fact that I was assured by admissions I would be OK to go, and mostly and aggrediously, the manner in which I was treated immediately as it was discovered insurance may not pay... that's what it boils down to. The almighty dollar. I still hurt from the statement made by the main individual informing me of the decision to terminate my stay: "We're a drug and alcohol facility. We don't treat sex addiction. You can't stay here, you have to leave!"
  • Connie M
    When I came to this place I was a broken person., My life had become something that I never wanted it to be. I came to SPR with the complete intention of bettering my life. Thanks to the wonderful staff here I was able to learn the skills to better everything that was wrong. NA here has been the best group I could've picked. SPR has given me so much hope for my future. From security to ethics, case management, my counselor, everyone that works here, that I've worked with, has been so kind and helpful. They really make you feel like you're not alone. Thanks to Serenity Point Recovery, I may not be cured, but I am definitely better.
  • Brennan O
    I came into Serenity broken, beat down, battered, abused, and with such a hate in my heart for myself. I went into Serenity Point Recovery last year, and I wasn't successful because I didn't work the program. This time is different; I took what the facilitators, counselors, and peers had to say and actually learned from it. I left all the baggage that I carried in with me at the door. It sounds corny, but I feel like a whole new person. I feel like I can actually do this, and stay sober. Most importantly, be happy while staying sober. I don't want to die anymore. I don't hate myself anymore. I don't resent others, myself, and God anymore. I truly feel as though I've finally found myself. For once in my life, I've chosen life; and I feel great about it. The real journey starts when I leave though, and I'm going to use the tools I've gained at SPR to ensure my continued success.
  • Tiffany R
    I learned about what made me use. I learned what feelings and emotions I was trying to mask by overmedicating myself. These same feelings that I have been avoiding, are and will be triggers for me in the future. I learned how to manage these feelings, and I have become a much more positive person since my arrival. I am learning how to love and care for myself again. I learned how important I am, and that I can trust myself to make decisions for myself. I am learning how to accept myself unconditionally. Serenity Point has given me the tools to successfully manage my life, and I am thankful for that.
  • Alex
    My name is Alex I have learned a lot being here. Smart Recovery I learned a lot about boundaries and other good tools, I plan to use my notes from the class in the future. Crooked thinking I really enjoyed having this class because it taught me ways to cope with anger and aggression. Relapse prevention really helped me out because we wrote a lot of notes in there. Relationships helped me learn a lot of things about healthy boundaries in relationships to set. I have had a tough life with drugs, I started off with weed and ended up on crystal meth and everything in between that. Drugs are not worth my life......
  • John
    My name is John. Generally speaking, I usually leave rehab with a thick stack of papers. This stack usually consists of packets of educational materials regarding addiction, relationships, and mental health. I am leaving Serenity Point Recovery with a stack of papers of equal thickness, but the stack consists of artwork, song lyrics, and journal entries. One would think that the stack of educational material would hold higher value in terms of my recovery. I do not see it that way. The creative expressions contain more meaning to me and emotionally connect me to my true self. They illustrate a linear, chronological progression of my growth here and a blossoming of spirit. I plan to hang and display all of this work in my place of residence when I arrive home to visually remind of my experience at Serenity Point Recovery. The wide variety of curriculum at SPR allowed me to explore different teaching methods and group dynamics until I could find a class environment/setting that connected with me best. I am not discounting academic teaching styles by any means, but my recovery insisted that I tap into my emotional and spiritual realms in order to succeed, and SPR provided that for me. Good food. Good curriculum
  • M.C.
    I have received an amazing amount of useful skills in my courses. The facilitators and corriculum have been extremely helpful and appropriate to my needs of understanding my addiction. The courses I utilized and stuck with have been Native 12 Step, Crooked Thinking, ,SMART Recovery, Coping Skills and Relationships. I also had an opportunity to touch base with Drug Education, Staying Quit and A/A. These were beneficial as well. Switching things up with Music, Art and Cooking were also enjoyable.
  • Chrystine M.
    Upon coming to SPR, I was in a marriage with a husband who had been cheating on me for a year. I had been with him since I was fifteen years old (28 yrs.). My self-esteem was so bad coming in I would have gone back to him if he wanted. I did not feel like I could live without him, and that I could never find someone else to love me. My addiction was heavily linked to my insecurities about myself and anxiety regarding the need to be perfect which was instilled in me by mother growing up. Growing up and then later as an adult, people expected perfection from me. I also experienced sexual and physical abuse growing up, which contributed to my low self-esteem. At SPR, I started to get to know my true self. Programs such as Relationships, Relapse Prevention, Staying Quit, Crooked Thinking, and my process group helped me gain much needed self-esteem. I am learning to love myself. I don't need others to make me feel good about myself. I have also gained much needed assertiveness. I am so excited to go home and start living a life designed for my happiness. I will not be returning to my husband. I want to live my life on my terms for the first time in my life. Thanks to SPR, I have a brand new life to go back to, and I'm so excited to get started.
  • Jim
    I have learned new ways to utilize old tools. All my classes have helped me and the facilitators helped me see different angles and perspectives of my recovery. I plan on using what I already knew and combine them with what I learned here, and use them together.
  • SR
    I am 35 years old a father of four young children and I was addicted to meth. I started using with a friend when I was at a party when I was 28 and I was almost instantly addicted. My girlfriend at the time had also been using we would go on weekend binges together and it seemed fun at first. Till she got pregnant with our fist daughter. She made the decision to stop and she did for our child and she wanted me to as well. I had a hard time giving it up I tried several times I did but I always made an excuse and went back to it. She threatened to leave me several times we would break up and then be right back together our lives were falling apart and it was my fault it truly was. She stopped she wanted a better life and I was stuck it felt like, why did I let this have so much power of over me. I continued with the meth use for several years by this time we had three children 2 girls and one boy. my girlfriend wanted so bad to marry me and start a new life so she told me if I got help she would marry me and we could move and start this new life so I agreed I was ready to do this for her and my kids. I got help and I got clean for a while we got married and then became pregnant with my last son. everything seemed good I had gotten a good job I was taking care of my family we were saving money to move it was going to be great. I went to work one day and heard a rumor that there were going to be a lot of layoffs I prayed I was not one of them but by the end of that day I had found out I was and it was devastating to me. I got home that night and got drunk I did not know what I was going to do just like that my life was falling apart again and there was nothing I could do. For the days following I put in app after app and called every day looking quickly to find another job and fast I had to stay occupied I did not want to mess up. After two weeks with no luck I got discouraged and I started using again at first I had tried my best to hide it from my wife but she knew and she was angry. She threatened to leave so I drained our savings and hid it from her thinking she would not go anywhere and she still did she took the kids and moved with her parents. at this point I was all alone reality was setting in and it was too much to deal with I went on a weeklong binge and used all our savings I do not think I saw daylight at all during that week and I was ashamed I was embarrassed for what I was doing how far I had come to just lose it all. this was too hard to do on my own I knew if I wanted my family back I had to get clean and learn how to stay that way and I could not do it by myself I had tried that and I failed. I made some phone calls and I went to treatment the next day I had a friend drive me it was the longest drive ever it seemed but I was ready to get my life back I had to for my family they needed me. the facility when I got there was very nice the staff greeted me and showed me where I would be staying and made me feel at home that put my mind a little more at ease. my family did not know I was there I wanted to get clean and get myself right before I had shown my face to them and apologized and tried to make things right. The first month was the hardest going through with drawl being sick and missing my family I almost gave up. I got up every day and did my best with the help of the nurses and doctors I made it through. I do not know where I would be if not for the staff at serenity point they saved my life every time I wanted to throw in the towel they would not let me they helped me help myself. as of today I am out of treatment I am 4 months sober and I am going to school for video game design I plan on making a bright future for my kids and my wife. after treatment I reunited with my family who was happy I went and got help to get better and we have also moved out of state and I am focused on my goals now I see clearly and I have a wonderful support system. I would like to thank everyone at serenity point all the staff the doctors the nurses that helped me get through this dark time in my life. They gave me hope when I needed it the most and I would not be here today if it had not been for them encouraging me and pushing me through. I encourage anyone needing help to just make that call it will change your life forever there is life after drugs you can make it out of an addiction just take the first steps for you for a better life and it will be worth it after all is said and done.
  • Heather F.
    Serenity Point Rehab has probably been the best thing that has happened to me. I have been lost in addiction for the last twelve years of my life. I started abusing drugs at age fourteen and as time went on, I got further and further into my addiction. Little did I know, on May 13, 2017, I had an automobile accident that nearly killed me and my two precious babies. As bad as it was, I realized I had hit my "rock bottom". I knew at that moment that I really needed help. I decided to reach out to my husband and he then found SPR. It was the hardest decision for me because not only would I be 17 hours from home, I was leaving my children for the first time ever. With that being said, I also know I was making the best decision for me and my family. SPR has helped me realize my true potential and taught me that life can be so amazing by being sober. I would say I got the most helpful information by attending Staying Quit, Crooked Thinking, Coping Skills and the Relationships course. I feel confident enough to say that by attending those groups I have acquired the skills I need to lead a sober, happy life. All I can say is "Thank you, SPR! You saved my life!"
  • J. M.
    Serenity Point Recovery gave me my life back along with making me realize how much of it I'd lost. The day I graduate, June 30th, will be the 2 month anniversary of when I intentionally overdosed on heroin. To me this is a milestone I wouldn't have seen without SPR. When I walked through the doors I was a broken woman that was mad at the world. SPR helped me to put the pieces back together and realize the only person I was angry with was myself. Coping Skills taught me how to deal with the future and my counselor taught me how to deal with my past. I owe everything to SPR because they literally saved my life.
  • Toni
    Serenity Point Recovery has changed my life. When I got here I was unwilling to surrender and change my life. I knew I was miserable and unhappy but I felt like I didn't care. Since starting the program I've grown to realize who I am and find things I actually enjoy doing. I've found that I can work well with others and found hobbies that I genuinely have interests in. I am beginning to find myself and my self-worth, realizing I have potential. I can now do all these things with out the use of drugs and alcohol. I think the groups I got the most out of here were AA/NA, Native 12 Steps, Relapse Prevention, Coping Skills, and Relationships. I gained ways to cope with my emotions instead of avoiding them or isolating because I didn't want to feel them. I have found I have learned that the people I associate my self with and spend time with affect my whole life and that I have to change my toxic relationships with everyone for my own good and theirs. I found that even on my worst days , with the help of others in recovery and the groups here and outside of here I can get through without using. To me this is all new. I've been sober before, in and out of treatment, but this time I actually feel strong enough to succeed. I know that the people here at SPR actually care about my and believe in my. With out Serenitys staff and all the clients like me I would still m\be miserable and giving up on my life. Today I have a whole new look on life and my future. I thank this facility and everyone here for helping me find hope and find a way out of my chaotic life style. Forever Grateful
  • LF
    Serenity has helped me understand that holding on to anger and pain only damages myself and has stopped my personal growth for years. I can't let other peoples actions and the way they treated me be an excuse to use. I realize I'm in control of my sobriety and it really doesn't matter what happened in my past I have a future to look forward to with the support of my family. I now know that I can express my feelings without being aggressive or walked over. Setting my own boundaries with the people I need to including myself, like making sure I'm aware and not dwelling on bad thoughts while experiencing urges. Not minimizing situations but handling them accordingly as they come. Letting people go in my life that haven't helped me be the best person I can be. I'm much happier without worrying about what other people think of me. I'm not scared to make new friends or stepping back out to create a more positive life. I look at the world differently and always want to keep this beautiful outlook verses black holes and thunderstorms of rage. The world is truly amazing and I'm going to offer everything I can to make it better!!!!
  • B. E.
    When I entered the doors of Serenity Point Recovery, I was a shell of a person. I had lost all sense of self, all sense of direction, and all hope that my life could ever be changed. It wasn't until I started the Native 12-Step program that I was able to truly get to the root of my addiction. I came into Serenity believing that I was an addict, just for the sake of being an addict. Native 12-Step showed me that my addiction was only the symptom of a deeper issue. Native helped me dig up all of the secrets I have been hiding in my life and turned me completely inside-out. Then, it helped me pick up the pieces and put me back together. My counselor also helped me realize skills I never even knew that I had. She showed me how strong of a person I really am. Serenity Point taught me to be true to myself and to never stop striving for Wellbriety. I can't thank the staff enough. SPR saved my life, and I will forever be grateful. From a puddle of emotional goo, to a powerful and positive warrior, I thank everyone I have encountered here. The light in my heart shines to the light in yours. Namaste.
  • Kevin R.
    It's been a trip..SPR has really done wonders for me in the time that I've been here. I walked into this place, being my first rehab not having a clue of what to expect. Only thing I really knew for sure was that my addiction to methamphetamine got me here and I felt disappointed I had reached this point in the viscous cycle of drug addiction. Been through a lot of greatly beneficial group courses since I've been here, but the two that stand out the most are crooked thinking and relationships groups. They both targeted very crucial flaws and defective characteristics of my day to day life. I learned about what healthy relationships are and I the many unconscious lies I would deal with. But, bigger than all, I came here with not an ounce of love for myself, and I proud to say that as of today, I have nothing but love for myself. The best part about this place is the people, or "clients," like yourself, that can empathize with everyone here alike. We all come from different pasts, but they can understand, relate...not make you feel so alone anymore.
  • terry
    better then I expected
  • Rianna. E
    SPR gave me a new chance to become the woman and mother I always dreamed to be. A spiritually broken woman with no motivation to survive. I struggled to find my worth, I was able to learn to trust again. Not only others but mostly I could trust myself with making stable choices in my life. The Native 12 Step program really helped save my life. The real reasons I used were discovered. With a new found courage I learned I faced my fears. Stronger and well equipped with the knowledge to explore my life in a sober manner, I am finally hopeful. Life in addiction left me powerless but today, I finally found my voice.
  • Michael D
    Serenity Point Recovery saved my life I was on a one way path to the grave. When I made the phone call I was scared, I didn't know what to accept I have never been to a rehab center before. I am happy I came here it gave me a new out look on life and helped me find my back from a very dark place. The native 12 step program is a program I did since I got here it helped me find and understand my higher power and reconnect my soul which I lost. Coping skills and NA were also very helpful I found ways of dealing with my problems that I thought I could never deal with. I am able to talk about things I never could speak of. The biggest one is I was able to forgive myself for all wrong I have done to myself and family. This program saved my life and I couldn't be happier I decide to make that phone call. Coming here was and is the hardest thing I have done and I wouldn't choose any other way.
  • Melissa T