Serenity Rehab in Marne, MI

15140 16th Ave,
Marne MI 49435

Serenity Rehab Philosophy

Serenity Rehab provides a variety of treatment options such as SMART recovery, which takes a scientific and secular approach to treatment and incorporates behavioral techniques such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Motivational Interviewing. Serenity also offers counseling in communication, taking responsibility, overcoming “crooked” thinking, and life skills training.

Holistic Therapy, Detox

Communication Skills
Crooked Thinking
12-Step

ABOUT SERENITY REHAB

Nestled in a the peaceful town of Marne, Mich., approximately 15 miles from Grand Rapids, Serenity Rehab is a residential treatment center for adult men and women who are struggling with substance abuse. Medically-supervised detox services are offered on-site.

Treatment at Serenity Rehab is highly individualized, and the facility takes a secular, scientific approach to addiction by utilizing evidence-based techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), rational emotive behavioral therapy, and motivational interviewing (MI).

Treatment primarily adheres to the SMART Recovery program, a popular alternative to the traditional 12-Step model. Though optional, Serenity Rehab also encourages clients to integrate spirituality into their recovery process.

Other aspects of treatment include gender-specific process groups and life skills workshops, as well as regular fitness and holistic opportunities including yoga, meditation, and music therapy.

The treatment team includes licensed practicing counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, licensed master’s level social workers, and case managers.

Located in a secluded area surrounded by nature, the 150-bed residential campus provides clients with cozy, dorm-style rooms that are shared or private. Amenities include an on-site gym, hot tub, shared dining area, basketball court, and game room.

When asked if they would recommend Serenity Rehab, the eight alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, gave an average rating of 4.5 out of five stars. The positive comments, which were the majority, mentioned compassionate, qualified staff and a supportive and encouraging environment for recovery. “The staff is very caring and have helped me in many ways with any questions or concerns that I have had,” A.F. wrote. Alumni also appreciated the different holistic therapies such as art, music, and yoga.

Several alumni credited the facility with saving or changing their lives, including Tommy who told Rehabs.com, “I've received so much love and support. I am a firm believer in this type of recovery treatment because I am seeing great results in my life.” More than one alumni also commented the rehab was the most effective they have attended. “I have been to every kind of rehab there is and this one is the best,” Alan wrote.

The unhappy alumni complained about false advertising of some kind, including N.P. who told Rehabs.com: “The website and reality are 2 different things.” Other criticisms included terrible food, a disorganized staff, and even “deceitful” practices. “Serenity Point Recovery provides exaggerations, disappointment,” Jerry wrote.

Of the two loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, one gave an overall positive review and one gave negative. Loved one C.S. whose fiance attended the program wrote “I see such a huge change in him. I feel like what he learned really helped him, and now he is not suffering, and doesnt have side effects. I think that this program is very effective, because he was not like this with the previous treatments. There at Serenity they really did a tood job, it is obvious on the results.”

Similar to some alumni comments, however, J.E.C. wrote, “Lack of communication, no support for families, communication with the family was hindered by staff, staff lied to patients and families.”

The one staff member surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave Serenity Rehab positive feedback. "Experienced caring staff members, multiple methods of treatment, great counseling, nice building" wrote C.R.

According to information provided by the center, treatment costs $30,000 per month. Serenity Rehab accepts most private insurance plans, including Aetna, Cigna, Humana, and BlueCross BlueShield. They also work with lenders and have in-house financing options.

Published on December 2017

Serenity Point Recovery has challenged me to dig into feelings and memories that I've suppressed since childhood. I've been to other treatment facilities and always held back some of my truth and got a half recovery from it. Upon arrival to SPR I was lost in my head and definitely lost in direction of life. I felt like I had no purpose here on earth anymore. But SPR's non stop relentless staff kept my spirits up and hopeful. HMMM. That's the same hope that I thought in lost forever. Now with just a little hope and a lot of willingness and honesty I would embark on a total mind, body, and spiritual change. SPR'S staff and clients would be like little angles to break this once hardened heart. Putting the drugalcohol away was easier that expected. It was living with the person I've been running from. I have found some new and old coping skills to use on my road to recovery. One major thing is that I now know that I don't need a pill to make me feel like this or like that. I just need good old fashion work and tears and a lot of honesty. SPR has definitely given me new ways to look at life and new options before resorting back to drugs and alcohol. Upon discharge I will rejoin my immediate family and start attending AANA meetings with my sponsor. I will also have an accountability circle of sober friends. I owe this opportunity to GOD and my wonderful Wife. THANKS SPR

Serenity Point has given me the tools to retake my life back! Their holistic approach to recovery has truly been a spiritual experience. The classes offered range from Science of Addiction to Native 12 step and everything in between. For me this was crucial as I needed to have several strategies in order to combat the circumstances that lead me to the debilitating state of mind I was formerly in. To the Counselors and Staff as well as my fellow Clients, Thank you for all that you have done for my family!!!

Today I am 30 days sober, this is my 2nd time here at SPR I decided to come back here because this is my 2nd family people & the staff here are so amazing they help by listing to my stories no one judged me or made me feel uncomfortable. I feel like I belong here with my family I've learned a lot of coping skills, I learned to become more mindful with myself and how I look at things. I learned how to control my anxiety for my recovery, I learned what relapse prevention really means & and to apply it in my life so I do not relapse again. I now have confidence in myself again. It was my birthday on the 18th of march this year and I was able to have one of the best birthdays I've ever had and I did not need to be drunk to have a wonderful day. I will also be able to remember this forever. what I will have to work on out of SPR will be staying motivate so I don't get bored being flexible not setting my expectations to high and not to low to find my balance it is necessary for me to change I don't want to lie to myself anymore I thank God everyday because I know he is leading me in the right place. Thank you SPR for not giving up on me and helping me become me again .

Serenity taught me that recovery isn't just about getting off the drugs, but finding the underlying reason for your use and working through it.

I found my experience here to be exactly what I needed to help with my recovery. The time I was allowed to grow so I can return to normalcy was more than necessary. Everyone was very understanding of struggles I was going through, and I found plenty of other clients people I consider beneficial to recovery.

I am greatful for serenity point and the staff great place over all

You were given the choice of different learning programs, including a Native American program that is basically AA but with a Native American spirituality component or traditional AA. I chose AA and it fit my needs just fine. A lot of the clients felt that the other two programs were beneficial as well. The structure is as follows: during the day you will partake in 3 classes led by counselors and other staff that cover things like addiction, coping mechanisms, how to deal with stress etc. I was lucky and was in a smaller class size with older participants 25+ (for the most part). The other group was much larger and consisted of younger clients 18-25. It was often hard for the counselors to control these groups. The groups were often immature and some of the "bad apples" would ruin things for everyone else. After your day classes you went into your "chosen program". As I stated I was a part of the AA program which seemed least popular with the community but worked great for me. It was lead by an outside member of the AA community and was very similar to being a part of any AA community, we had meetings but also discussed our issues with Alcohol and drugs. The Native American program was more more spiritually based and was probably the second most preferred and had a curriculum with a workbook. While I was there for around 80+ days I believe the program went through 3 or 4 leaders (this was a very common theme throughout the facility, many staff and counselors came and left while I was there). Weekends were free to yourself and you could sometimes go to outings like movies or volunteer events. In the end I benefitted the most from the structure the place provided me and the opportunity to stay for more than the normal 30 day stay I was used to the previous 2 times I had been in residential treatment. The following are the major issues with the facility that I believe unfortunately do NOT make this an effective treatment center, especially for young adults. But I will also include the positive aspects of the facility that helped me despite the negative issues. Negative -Staff (outside of clinical staff) played favorites and were often not much older if not younger than the clients they interacted with, it also wasnt uncommon for these staff members to have been clients as recently as a month ago themselves. -The clinical staff like counselors seem to be well versed and accredited but the nursing staff seem to be nothing more than just hired hands. -Cash is king. People paying with insurance or state funded insurance will stay in dorm style housing on bunk beds with 4 to 6 other people. Single or double occupancy rooms go to patients paying cash out of pocket first. The facility used to be an old nursing home and it looks like it. There is no air conditioning in the facility except for portable units which usually wind up in the single rooms. -The clients are a mix of those really wanting to get sober and those who dont care or are there to avoid jail time. These clients often ruin the experience for those who are ultimately trying to get better. --The age of the clients also means that while I was there, alot of poor behavior occured. Also there were actual physical altercations. Now if there was a physical altercation that did always result in the client being kicked out of the program but this wasnt always so when it came to threatening and it was not uncommon for clients to go at each other and threaten physical harm on each other. Often this was handled by separating the clients but almost always led to a physical altercation later. -Security at the facility was very poor. People were not supposed to have cell phones but they were snuck in. Considering it was a rehabilitation center I feel like this was completely unacceptable. -As I mentioned earlier there was a revolving door around staff. There were a handful of staff that were there the entire 80+ days I was there. Positives -The smaller group I was a part of was full of mature people who really wanted to get better. They became a great support system and we were a tight knit group. -The second half of the day programs (AA, Native American AA and I cant remember the last one) seemed to help all of the clients in one way or another. -We often DID have fun. The staff did try and give us a lot of opportunities for recreation, travel outside the facility and opportunities to feel normal outside of a clinical rehab environment. -Minus a few "bad apples" the clients are great people. They come from all walks of life and backgrounds. Ultimately I believe that this place could benefit from a more professional staff, stricter rules and a MUCH stricter screening process for clients.

Serenity has been very helpful with helping me understand who I am as a person. Learning how to confront and deal with my thoughts, feelings, and emotions has worked wonders for me. It's something I completely lacked in my addiction and is now one of my greatest assets. The tools I have learned in parenting will also play a huge role in my recovery. I am motivated to put them into action and have a much healthier relationship with my children. I have gained much confidence with putting up boundaries with loved ones and friends while sticking to them this time around. Beyond Addiction gave me a much greater understanding of the way I thought in addiction and why I did such irrational things. I now have a newfound hope that I can change my way of thinking and start processing things in a healthier way with balance. Last but not least, Smart Recovery. I truly enjoyed the groups and gained the knowledge I needed to make it work for me in my everyday life. I see a bright and successful life ahead of me one day at a time.

Serenity Point Recovery helped me find myself by having a great program and finding me again. Getting away from alcohol and the area I live really helped me with my change of thought. The main thing the program helped me with was coping skills. I've learned how to cope with my addiction and learned there are other things I can do besides drinking that makes me happy.

They fly you to them. Massage Therapy was good when you could get it. Lack of communication, no support for families, no family counseling, too many people and not enough phones.

Quality of treatment was low.

The staff are the nices people I have met, calm area and professional traeatment. Pricey. I was completely hopeless and at the end of my rope when I reached out for help. I knew that I couldn���t do it alone so I started to google treatment centers near me . I came across Serenity and I have heard about them before briefly. I called them right away. I told the person on the phone that I was nervous about going to rehab in another state, but she assured me that it was the best decision I could make. She walked me through the entire process, and all I had to do was show up to the airport with my carry on. As soon as I got to the treatment center and was greeted by caring staff members, I knew I had made the right choice. Every single person that worked there was welcoming and really cared about my well-being. I only got help and amazing level of care. They have all been so understanding with me, they knew exactly what was happening with me and how to help me get trough It. They never judged me, or made me feel like a bad person, opposite of this. I was very pleased with this aspect, made me more sure of myself. I learned to live again ��� a life free of drugs. If you are in the same place I was, don���t hesitate to give get treatment a call. They honestly saved my life. I have hope now.

care factor, program content, amenities. needs larger seating cafeteria I have been working here since it's creation and personally strive to make it the best rehab possible on a daily basis. I just want a person to be able to have the best stay possible!

Experienced caring staff members, multiple methods of treatment, great counseling, nice building.

ACC program, Staff truly cares and works so hard to handle all clients needs and concerns. Nursing bed side manner is not the best Such a great facility! offers many forms of treatment to fit your individual needs. Staff is amazing and cares so much about each and every client

Excellent team. Lacks on quality of food. Thanks to my patents, I went to serenity for my treatment. If it wasn't for them, I would have not gone there, but I am very great full for them they they choose for me and pushed me to take care of my issues. I am 100% satisfied with the service I received. Professionally they are very good at their job. They know what they are doing. The nurses at the detox were very nice, they did an amazing job getting me through it. I am not gonna lie, its tough, but we got ourself into this state, and it us tough to get out, but it is so worth. I found that the courses that they offered were very helpful with my recovery, but what i appreciated the most, were the one on one sessions that I received from my counselor and all the helps that I got from her. She is so amazing, I am so so glad that I choose Serenity. All the people that have helped me with my sobriety all were so extremely understanding and completely non judgmental. For once I really felt understood. I liked how relaxed the place was and how everyone was like a big family, where we were all helping each other out. Thank you to the team at serenity, you guys are really amazing. And thank to all my peers who helped me too.

Treatment. Crowded. I was 18 when I started using and it started with pot, and I ended up being a heroin addict, and destroyed and lost everything I had. I had the best education I could ask for, the best schools and the best family support that anyone cam ask for and I all messed it up. I was such a mess. When I came to Serenity I was scared, lonely, and homeless. My parents and family got really a enough of me and my wife pest me with my son and this was the last drop whenI finally decided it was time for me to take measures and get my stuff together. For this I can safely say serenity saved my life. I had been in and out of rehab in the past and nothing had helped. I would leave and immediately relapse. It was different at Serenity. I felt like I was part of something bigger than myself. If I was to relapse I would let down the whole community, both the staff and my peers. Not only that, but I learned how to live my life without substance abuse, which is more important than most people realize. During my time at Serenity I was given the life skills and confidence needed to take care of myself once my time in treatment had come to an end. Drugs are no longer my crutch and they no longer have to be yours either.

Strengths: Amazing staff members, great team and great program. Weakness: Couldnbe better then rooms and the food like really. You guys are really the best team, best people to help anyone with drug or alcohol addiction . I have spent Nearly 2 months at serenity and I can tell you that now i know so well all the staffs and the medical staff and the counselor to security guard, and they are all so fantastic and nice. I really have never met with such an amazing bunch of people who are ready to do anything just to help someone else. They are so persuaded that anyone can be helped and they are so right. I was a mess, really a mess, and I came out fine an clean and stable, after such a long time. I have been a drug addict since I was 16, and look now I am clean and I have a normal life now, well semi normal, but I am getting there. All this thanks to the amazing diamond hearted people who helped me changed me. What can I say about the program, besides that it helped me a lot, and I would totally recommend it anyone who wants to get the best help with their addiction. So honestly just call them they will help you with all the insurance and all those horrible papers, they will help you get there and answer all your concerns. I truly recommend them from my hearth.

very effective treatment. It stays a bit pricey. My fiance was on drugs for a while, and he asked me to get married, so I tild him with one consition, if he gets a real treament in a real rehab. So we choose together, and he choose seremity rehab. We have heard and read so many good things and this place is really nice. The intake staff were very nice, they were so patient, I alread saw this was the right place for him. Now he just celebrate his 6 months of being clean and I am so proud of him. He went so far in such a short time. I see such a huge change in him. I feel like what he learned really helped him, and now he is not suffering, and doesnt have side effects. I think that this program is very effective, because he was not like this with the previous treatments. There at Serenity they really did a tood job, it is obvious on the results. I know that he got really good one on one handlings, he said that the group meetings were good too, and that the 12 steps were effective, with the other trainings he got. He said that he really like the communications, he said that this really helped him be more communjcative with others, and deal with certain life situations. I want to thank to serenity for what they did for my fiance!

Very effective treatment. The food I could not convince myself when my friend told me about Serenity point rehab. I though it seemed too good to be true. I could not believe that a holistic approach and counseling can be so effective. But now since I have received the treatment at Serenity all my doubts are clear. I am actually very pleased with the results I attained from the rehab. I have been on drugs and than harsher drugs for a bit now, and I am not very proud of it, but this is how it is. I felt like I was ready to take my life back and I wanted an effective solution, I wanted to do it the right way for the first time. And I did it. I can't tell what part of my stay was the best or what was the most effective treatment that worked. I think we have to look at things globally. For the the combination of all things that worked. Starting from the detox to counseling through the 12 steps, group meetings, the divers activities, the community etc. I do not really have faith in outpatient rehabs, some say it. Better cause they will not get with the wrong people or whatever, but I am persuaded that this is the easiest way, since you are "disconnected" from your usual day to day life that got you to this point, and in this calm environment you are more capable of dealing with all the different emotions. I would like to recommend it to anybody who wants the transition quick and easy.

Serenity Point has given me clean time and changed my perspective on my drug use

It was truly a privlige to have received such excellent treatment for my drug addiction problem. I realize a lot of others less fortunate than myself will not receive treatment and struggle with addiction for a lifetime . I feel as if my life in active addiction is a half of life and the people I love and care for are lucky if they even get to share just a small piece of who I am . Clean and sober I am fuller richer more alive , vibrant and feel as if I can finally give and be all of me......

Profession staff, to the point program, very well managed rehab with a great director. The staff know what to do, and they are doing their job. The staff are all trained and professional, never any of them have been unprofessional or abusive, to the contrary, they always know what to do. When I started I got to do the detox, and it was very convenient that it was at the same place as the rehab. I know many people detox in hospitals, but I found that there it feel so un human to do so, while at serenity you still get to do it the same way, with medical supervision, but you can still be a normal person in a normal place, not someone who is ���sick�۝. I appreciated very much their caring, of how I was advancing and if I ever needed anything. I found that the 12 step program was well administered, it was quite to the book, so they were very correct on that. The building is nice, very calm area, just exactly what I needed for my recovery. We had different activities throughout my stay, they kept us connected to the ���real�۝ word, like there was a festival kind of thing so we went out to raise awareness about drugs, and that made me feel really happy about the fact that I decided to choose to go to a rehab, and specially Serenity. Even in their local community they are creating an impact.

I went to Serenity a few months ago. And I am so grateful for the experience I had there. I really feel like a made a good choice with Serenity. It was the first place I'd been to, that treated me like a person, without judgement and without making me feel like a criminal. I was able to see a therapist a few times a week, and we also had several group sessions that I enjoyed, and were mostly beneficial for my recovery. I learned a lot about myself and finally developed some structure and routine in my life. I learned so much about relations and all the experience and knowledge I earned at Serenity, are so useful in building a sober life for myself. There was always plenty to do and I just loved my stay there overall. I particularly enjoyed the different activities that they offered, all the outings that we had. It was super to go out and have some fun even though that we are in a rehab. I made so many new friends, I am happy that the destiny got me to meet them. Thanks you for all the people who helped me through this time. I would definitely recommend Serenity to anyone who is struggling.

Serenity is really the optimal place for a rehab of any kind. The staffs are just so helpful and motivational and they will back you up when you feel down, or when you have a hard time with your program. They are all the way with you. I have never seen people be so dedicated wt their job. It feels like they are not just working, but more like they giving their hearth and sole into helping others to get better. I am amazed at their dedication. Their program is amazing too. You get to have one on one sessions and also group sessions, this way you get the benefits of both forms. Furthermore you advance on your tailor made program, nothing better than that. They really take into account your choices, your decisions, if you have already been in a rehab or not. You get to do like sports too. I really enjoyed our morning yoga sessions, that woke me up and put me in the right mood. I also enjoyed our outings that we had on the week ends, was nice to go out with the peers. I would say that i feel like I benefited from this program, and I feel like that I will be able to stay clean and sober.

Serenity has truly saved my life, I am so great full that I choose them. This is my second rehab and I never thought I would get clean until I came to this program. Most rehabs are like day cares for adults and pamper you for example, maids that come in and clean your room for you and clean the house and treat you like you were at a spa. Serenity taught me the responsibility to grow up and be the adult that I need to be. They teach you actual life skills that you gotta use in life, such as how to get a job, how job interviews work etc for those who are very inexperienced in these areas. They help you find you road too in case you are not yet sure what to do. I would advise this place to anybody that wants to be clean and learn the tools one needs to stay sober. Thanks to this place I have no desire to go use and get back into my old life style. The teachers here and therapist really know what they are doing and they know how to help you with anything that your going through. The staff here are really nice and want to support you in any way that they can possible. The living houses could use a little improvement but that is not what people are there for. People come here to get help and stay sober not to live in a day care. I'm so thankful that I picked Serenity over any rehab center because I don't think I would have gotten the same or even as good of place to save my life.

Have been at Serenity for like 2 months. Thanks to them now I am clean and sober and I can have a normal life. Since I came back, I found a good job, and I really found my place in the community. And with my family we are getting along so well. In the beginning it was a bit scary for me. I needed to get used to my surroundings. However, after the first week of settling in things began getting easier. Especially it was easier after once i have been through the detox, which is btw on sight. The staff was wonderful to me. All the counselors and teachers are wonderful, they really take their time with each client, and they are so non judgmental. They took the time to explain things to me. I started to realize that I was in a safe place. I felt well again a long time and I was not scared of what would they think if me, they have been many of them in my shoes before. They knew how to deal with whatever I asked them of. Serenity showed me a way to deal with my addiction and go on with my life. I am very grateful to them. I highly recommend Serenity to others.

I have found so much help in SPR, from the peers, counselors, and mentors. I walked into SPR depressed and anxious, and feel that I have made such an extreme change since I've been here. I wake up happy and positive, and don't dwell on my past failures and regrets. I have made such progress since entering this facility. I am forever grateful. Thank you SPR!

Everytime I relapse I pick myself up stronger than I was before, thank you SPR.

Most counselors and facilitators were qualified. It is very poorly managed, unorganized and unprofessional. Medications are given in a horrible process. The rooms and bedding are unacceptable. Good counselors.

This place is very effective for self healing and processing information. I am thankful for this process of treatment. Thank you all for being so understanding.

I learned a lot about boundaries that will help me a lot with my personal and non personal relationships. I have gathered a lot of knowledge and ideas of coping skills that will come in handy when I am back home. I have learned how to meditate wich has helped and will continue to help with stress and anxiety. I learned some skills that will help with getting hired when applying for a job. I definitely got a lot out of serenity point.

Serenity Point Recovery has helped me get sober, get my mind back in place, and figure out my meaning for living sober. They have great staff that have been through a lot that we have been through. They have good counselor's that work with you on a lot of things most anything you need help with. They are all around great people here to help anyone asking for help ..... ect,

Serenity Pointe has given me clarity and peace of mind. This is my second time in rehab and the first time failed. Whether I was ready or I wasn't mentally prepared Im not sure . All I know now is that I am ready to continue life sober now aand I have the staff and my peers at Serenity to thank for that. I am very lucky I have such a great support system as well.

Here at serenity point, I learned a lot about myself. I felt emotions I haven't felt in years. I learned a lot about communication skills, relationship skills, and coping skills. I learned where I failed in past relationships with loved ones and family. I also learned how to go about making amends with those people and that only time will regain their trust. When I first got here I was out of my routine and had no close friends. Through communication, I learned how to make friends that will last a lifetime. Native 12 step helped me get back in touch with my spirituality. I can finally say that I do believe in a higher power. Now that I'm leaving soon, I believe I have the proper skills that I need to take reality and the real world head on.

Serenity was worth every dime spent though my insurance. I feel confident but also scared. My group facilitator, had the biggest impact. She is awesome!! I believed every word she said. The staff was the best ever. They were concerned about my feelings and comfort, they are an awesome group of people. I learned how to set boundaries, this is something I had never heard of. I can tell my friends that you cannot cross this boundary but could not say " I can't be your friend". I will recommend Serenity to anyone looking to seek treatment. Thank You.

When I first got to Serenity Point I felt scared and vulnerable because I have been battling addiction for 4 years. Over the time I was here I learned how to cope with my depression without the use of drugs or alcohol. This place has taught me how to set healthy boundaries and how to stop my co dependency in my relationships. I have finally learned to be a functioning member of society thanks to Serenity Point.

This place was awful!!! Horrible deplorable!!! They gave me detox meds and told me to sit in a hot tub, which is not allowed anywhere else because it's dangerous, I knodded off and could have drowned. They didn't come and talk to me, wondered the hall confused for two hours before someone explained where I was. I make staff member threaten to sit me me down physically well I was having a panic attack. Had to go to the hospital because I was freaking out and the head lady laughed and said hahah ur going to a psych ward.. I was a wreck my hole life changed and then I woke up there completely unaware. But they did nothing to help me and entagonized me and threaten me. So awful the staff looks worse then the patients can't tell who's who. Don't go

Serenity Point Recovery is such an amazing rehab. Amazingly enough I actually had fun while I was there and enjoyed my time. Going through detox obviously wasn’t the best, it’s not the best anywhere though and I was more comfortable going through detox at Serenity than I’ve been going through detox at other rehabs I’ve been to. The medical personnel and the staff working in detox made the whole process of detoxing much easier to get through. Once I was through detox and moved over to the actual program I sat down with my counselor and went over the different programs they have available. There isn’t one perfect system for getting every addict clean and sober and so they have a variety of different programs to choose from. I was able to do a program that fit with what I needed. Going through my program at Serenity was a completely different experience for me. The main thing was that the program I did made sense to me. I was able to work out the reasons behind certain actions of mine that always lead me to a relapse. Working on responding differently to those circumstances wasn’t easy but it was a big thing. One thing about Serenity is that some of the staff have been through their own troubles with addiction and so they were able to relate to me and the problems I was facing much easier than someone who just has experience at working at a rehab and not the other side of it. Another thing about Serenity is that they make sure their clients have a good time. When we aren’t in groups or classes there are plenty of things to do or activities that the staff create for us. They staff there are beyond anything I could have imagined. Every one of them is so caring and willing to do anything in their power to help with whatever you need. Even after I graduated. If I needed help working through something I never hesitated to call because I knew that the person I talked with would be able to help. My whole experience at Serenity was completely different from other rehabs and it’s because of that that I’ve been able to stay clean and sober since graduating.

The SPR program has basically saved my life. Had I not come here, chances are I would have been dead. Being here helped me gain the tools needed to fight this war called addiction. Before coming to this program, I was the type to hold everything in. I am able to communicate better with my family and that is a big one for me. It is just been an all around blessing. I have learned that tough times do not last and tough people do. This has been an all time low for me but I just keep bending myself that falling does not make me a failure, not getting back us does.

Coming to Serenity Point I was broken and had nothing left. Through classes like AA and NA, I was able to share my problems with others and gain their insight. I was also able to help others with their problems. My counselor and facilitators helped me explore past relationships and helped me start to form my own identity. I learned to effectively meditate and self-reflect through Mindfulness classes. I have made my first step towards changing my thinking. I am now starting a new life in sober living. I am excited to see what my sobriety brings to me if I work for it.

Serenity Point Recovery has helped me find myself in many ways. The most beneficial for me has been that because I was able to get off heroin while I was here in treatment, I have been able to experience what it's like to be sober for the first time in over ten years. When I was using drugs I slowly lost myself and who I was. It happened very slowly at first so I wasn't able to notice it as much as the people around me could. I was told that I had lost my personality and that I was basically an empty shell. I would get very defensive because I couldn't see what they were seeing. From being here and learning about coping skills and ways to deal with my stress and anxiety I have been able to make drastic changes regarding my mental and emotional health. My family has noticed the change in me. Even the subtle changes in my voice has been noticed by them. My favorite part about being here has been the relationships I have developed. I have learned so much from my peers and have laughed more here than I have done since being a kid.

The first time I got clean and sober was in 2012 when my fiancé died in my arms of an overdose. Fear and hopelessness drove me to the rooms of AA/NA and after some struggle I was able to put together 4 years clean and sober. On the outside, everything looked great. I had a sober boyfriend, lived in the Florida Keys, had a job at a paddleboard shop, a license and car, even started grad school for holistic medicine. But nobody knew that on the inside I was still a broken scared little girl. I never completed the steps and made an emotionally abusive relationship my higher power. When that relationship ended, I did not have the coping skills to handle it and started drinking to numb the feelings. I justified to myself - at least I wasn't using heroin. In a span of just 6 months - I got into a car accident, was admitted to a psych ward for being suicidal, almost failed out of school and went to jail for DUI. This all piled up on me and I felt there was no way out. Thankfully my therapist in Florida found Serenity Point Recovery online and I was on a plane the next day. I showed up completely broken - physically, mentally and spiritually. I was fearful that I would never be happy and whole again. Then something happened, I can't even describe. I connected with my counselors and my peers. I found myself laughing and crying and speaking of things that had been eating me alive. I found my self worth growing with each day - and most important - I found hope for a sober life that is not miserable but enriching and fulfilling. I've gotten back to the root of who I am - through music, sober friendships, self searching. And I can say today for the first time in my life that I feel beautiful on the inside. I feel I have something to offer this world and I trust myself to be a strong independent sober woman. Thank you Serenity Point, to everyone here, I will be forever grateful.

You have allowed me to get a clear head and get back to my normal self. With all the classes I have taken I have gained a lot of tools to take home and utilize. I've been humbled by this experience while also gaining confidence in myself to help others. I've also learned to be less judgmental of myself and others and to have acceptance for what I can't change but to work hard to change what I can.

Serenity point helped me get my life back. I am eternally grateful for that. Even though it took me some time to adjust and be fully comfortable to go to all my groups, once I did, I found the coping skills class to be very helpful, as well as the employment preparedness class. I thank the facilitators for taking time and actually teaching me certain things and skills that I will be able to utilize in my everyday life. Before coming to Serenity Point I was in a very dark and vulnerable place but once I came here I was greeted by an amazing staff and even better peer that understand me because they have been in my shoes before. I am extremely grateful for my mother for finding Serenity Point. I will never forget this journey. Lastly, I would like to thank my counselor for helping me set my treatment goals and go over them on a regular basis.

Serenity Point Recovery has helped me gain confidence. The staff is great and the clients are friendly. If you need anything at all, you can ask anyone for help, and they will make it their goal. I had to work on my anxiety and I feel a lot better about meeting new people. I am sure that anyone wanting to get clean and sober will be successful using this program. I want to thank everyone here for all the help I've received.

Serenity has given me the tools to use to focus on recovery. Learn to control my life and the a path I can start on. I know it will all be up to me to stay sober but there are people that I can seek out for help! There are many Different tools and coping skills I can use to control my urges. Most will be hobbies, Job, Family, Health (Working out/ eating well) and staying out of situations that will be negative to my recovery.

Serenity point supplied me with a sober restart on life. I have learned a long list of coping skills that I've had plenty of time to practice. I have also been supplied with a large variety of sober livings, IOP's, and meetings to attend following my completion. I look forward to the next step in my recovery and executing all the skills I have learned during my stay. Thank you to all the staff for being so helpful and helping me on my journey.

Serenity Point Recovery has done so much for me. This facility has given me so many tools to help me in my recovery. I have grown to love the AA/NA program, and plan to attend meetings frequently when I leave here. I have also gained many coping skills, such as journaling, exercise, and meditation. These are things I will carry with me and continue to utilize my whole life from here on out. Before I came here, I had no idea who I was other than a hopeless cocaine addict. I had no sense of self, with my self-esteem and self-awareness at an all time low. But now I have learned to be a positive, confident person with strong leadership qualities. I found out I have a knack for helping others and I thoroughly enjoy it. I'm finally excited to live life again, without the use of drugs or alcohol. I have all of SPR, clients and staff, to thank for that.

During my stay at Serenity Point Recovery I have gathered many useful tools to prepare me for a sober lifestyle. Serenity staff has helped me identify triggers such as alcohol use, having cash in hand and negative thought processes. I also have gained coping skills such as reframing negative situations and being involved in positive outlets. Controlling urges has become easier through meetings, playing guitar and other sober activities as well.

There is so much that I can say about Serenity Rehab. It has given me back a very dear loved one who was on the brink of addiction darkness. Serenity helped them leave that black hole and find the light again. They have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to recovery and getting through an addiction. There is nothing more satisfying as seeing someone smiling again after years of addiction plaguing them. The care and handling of the patients at Serenity is so wonderful. The staff is very well trained and offer the best support for those going through withdrawals or the hard times that come with getting through an addiction. THe nutirtion and meals they offer are great and help put back a lot of the healthy aspects of eating that weren't being consumed before. I loved the facility itself. It's so beautiful and peaceful, which is perfect for those fighting their inner demons. The grounds are lovely and have beautiful paths and different outdoor activities for the people staying at Serenity. The amenities are excellent and showcase all that the rehab center has to offer. I can't say enough how much we are all grateful for our loved one enjoying life and finding happiness again. There is no greater reward than when they leave the rehab having finished the program and knowing how to stay above relapses and not go back down those dark paths.

When I first arrived at SPR I no will to live. The staff was friendly and made me feel at home. My time at SPR has been nothing like I expected. The people I have will be a great support system for life. I feel like I have the skills needed for the real world. I came here for smart recovery and it was definitely what I needed. I feel like I got the most out of crooked thinking however. the best thing I have got out of the program is I learned how to have sober fun. I have my will to live back and am ready to be in the real world again

Before coming to Serenity I was trying to achieve sobriety through my own sheer force of will and failing miserably. When I finally accepted that this was something I could not do alone Serenity quickly took me in and made sure my affairs were in order. Each day the facilitators and clients came together to help me achieve the sense of self I needed to be comfortable in my own sobriety. Through the collective effort of SPR I regained hope and found a new lease on my life.

I just returned home from Serenity Point last night. I was there for only six days. The reason I left early was because, so I was told, that I did not meet "diagnostic criteriia" for the facility. Let me explain... I have a history of over tweny years in recovery from coca inexpensive, Marijuana, and alcohol abuse/addiction. Over these twenty years I have had some periods of relapse. Lately, my addiction has manifested itself in a sexual addiction, more so than alcohol or drugs, although the I have been drinking and abusing a Xanax prescription. When I reached out for help, I discovered that insurance doesn't recognise, or cover, sex addiction. When I spoke to my contact in the admissions process, I made it clear I was experiencing this "process addiction." I was assured, that my history of substance abuse, along wits the fact I had resumed using, would qualify me for the facility. I expressed concern as to whether or not my underlying issues that fed all my addictions would be addressed. I was assured that, although the the bulk of my programming would be substance abuse based, I could deal with my core issues with the one on one therapy which I was to relieve an abundance of. So, off I Went! The admission process was a bit dehumanizing, as they systematically stripped me of my possessions and connections to the outside world. I must admit, the staff was compassionate and gentle through this process. Some more than others. The next day and a half were spent in detox where I shared space with several folks who were much worse off than I. After all, I was withdrawing from a delusional fantasy world in which my prostitute du jour was going to provide eternal happiness, not the stinging physical pain of heroin withdrawal. I observed staff to be consistently caring and compassionate. Again, some more than others. Next, I was moved to "residential" and received a program schedule which I developed with my case manager. I felt that progress and wellness were at hand. I must say, the potential for wellness is definitely to be found within the walls of this facility. At least it is for your basic addict or alcoholic. As I went to the groups, I had to parse out the stuff that I could apply to my "unique " situation. I felt hopeful, and was looking forward to my individual therapy. I am eager to get to my point of this commentary, so I will summarize... Serenity Point appears to be deserving of the many positive reviews posted here. That is, as long as things are going as planned. However, it was my experience, and I feel strongly about this as to spend the time to post these words of warning... these folks have two faces! As soon as, for whatever reason, and contrary to the words of the initial admissions personal, my case was deemed "ineligible", they treated me like I had the plague. My head was spinning they moved so fast to get me out of their Facility! Gone was the care and compassion, I was made to feel as if I had perpetrated some grand scheme to rip them off. The worse offenders of this about face were the very "professional" counselors whom I had previously believed were going to help me turn my life Around! The rank and file staff remained kind, caring, and compassionate. I have mixed feelings on this place. One must bear in mind that my case is somewhat unique, and I am not surprised the diagnostic criteria for addiction were not met. What I do find disappointed with is the fact that I was assured by admissions I would be OK to go, and mostly and aggrediously, the manner in which I was treated immediately as it was discovered insurance may not pay... that's what it boils down to. The almighty dollar. I still hurt from the statement made by the main individual informing me of the decision to terminate my stay: "We're a drug and alcohol facility. We don't treat sex addiction. You can't stay here, you have to leave!"

When I came to this place I was a broken person., My life had become something that I never wanted it to be. I came to SPR with the complete intention of bettering my life. Thanks to the wonderful staff here I was able to learn the skills to better everything that was wrong. NA here has been the best group I could've picked. SPR has given me so much hope for my future. From security to ethics, case management, my counselor, everyone that works here, that I've worked with, has been so kind and helpful. They really make you feel like you're not alone. Thanks to Serenity Point Recovery, I may not be cured, but I am definitely better.

I came into Serenity broken, beat down, battered, abused, and with such a hate in my heart for myself. I went into Serenity Point Recovery last year, and I wasn't successful because I didn't work the program. This time is different; I took what the facilitators, counselors, and peers had to say and actually learned from it. I left all the baggage that I carried in with me at the door. It sounds corny, but I feel like a whole new person. I feel like I can actually do this, and stay sober. Most importantly, be happy while staying sober. I don't want to die anymore. I don't hate myself anymore. I don't resent others, myself, and God anymore. I truly feel as though I've finally found myself. For once in my life, I've chosen life; and I feel great about it. The real journey starts when I leave though, and I'm going to use the tools I've gained at SPR to ensure my continued success.

I learned about what made me use. I learned what feelings and emotions I was trying to mask by overmedicating myself. These same feelings that I have been avoiding, are and will be triggers for me in the future. I learned how to manage these feelings, and I have become a much more positive person since my arrival. I am learning how to love and care for myself again. I learned how important I am, and that I can trust myself to make decisions for myself. I am learning how to accept myself unconditionally. Serenity Point has given me the tools to successfully manage my life, and I am thankful for that.

My name is Alex I have learned a lot being here. Smart Recovery I learned a lot about boundaries and other good tools, I plan to use my notes from the class in the future. Crooked thinking I really enjoyed having this class because it taught me ways to cope with anger and aggression. Relapse prevention really helped me out because we wrote a lot of notes in there. Relationships helped me learn a lot of things about healthy boundaries in relationships to set. I have had a tough life with drugs, I started off with weed and ended up on crystal meth and everything in between that. Drugs are not worth my life......

My name is John. Generally speaking, I usually leave rehab with a thick stack of papers. This stack usually consists of packets of educational materials regarding addiction, relationships, and mental health. I am leaving Serenity Point Recovery with a stack of papers of equal thickness, but the stack consists of artwork, song lyrics, and journal entries. One would think that the stack of educational material would hold higher value in terms of my recovery. I do not see it that way. The creative expressions contain more meaning to me and emotionally connect me to my true self. They illustrate a linear, chronological progression of my growth here and a blossoming of spirit. I plan to hang and display all of this work in my place of residence when I arrive home to visually remind of my experience at Serenity Point Recovery. The wide variety of curriculum at SPR allowed me to explore different teaching methods and group dynamics until I could find a class environment/setting that connected with me best. I am not discounting academic teaching styles by any means, but my recovery insisted that I tap into my emotional and spiritual realms in order to succeed, and SPR provided that for me. Good food. Good curriculum

I have received an amazing amount of useful skills in my courses. The facilitators and corriculum have been extremely helpful and appropriate to my needs of understanding my addiction. The courses I utilized and stuck with have been Native 12 Step, Crooked Thinking, ,SMART Recovery, Coping Skills and Relationships. I also had an opportunity to touch base with Drug Education, Staying Quit and A/A. These were beneficial as well. Switching things up with Music, Art and Cooking were also enjoyable.

Upon coming to SPR, I was in a marriage with a husband who had been cheating on me for a year. I had been with him since I was fifteen years old (28 yrs.). My self-esteem was so bad coming in I would have gone back to him if he wanted. I did not feel like I could live without him, and that I could never find someone else to love me. My addiction was heavily linked to my insecurities about myself and anxiety regarding the need to be perfect which was instilled in me by mother growing up. Growing up and then later as an adult, people expected perfection from me. I also experienced sexual and physical abuse growing up, which contributed to my low self-esteem. At SPR, I started to get to know my true self. Programs such as Relationships, Relapse Prevention, Staying Quit, Crooked Thinking, and my process group helped me gain much needed self-esteem. I am learning to love myself. I don't need others to make me feel good about myself. I have also gained much needed assertiveness. I am so excited to go home and start living a life designed for my happiness. I will not be returning to my husband. I want to live my life on my terms for the first time in my life. Thanks to SPR, I have a brand new life to go back to, and I'm so excited to get started.

I have learned new ways to utilize old tools. All my classes have helped me and the facilitators helped me see different angles and perspectives of my recovery. I plan on using what I already knew and combine them with what I learned here, and use them together.

I am 35 years old a father of four young children and I was addicted to meth. I started using with a friend when I was at a party when I was 28 and I was almost instantly addicted. My girlfriend at the time had also been using we would go on weekend binges together and it seemed fun at first. Till she got pregnant with our fist daughter. She made the decision to stop and she did for our child and she wanted me to as well. I had a hard time giving it up I tried several times I did but I always made an excuse and went back to it. She threatened to leave me several times we would break up and then be right back together our lives were falling apart and it was my fault it truly was. She stopped she wanted a better life and I was stuck it felt like, why did I let this have so much power of over me. I continued with the meth use for several years by this time we had three children 2 girls and one boy. my girlfriend wanted so bad to marry me and start a new life so she told me if I got help she would marry me and we could move and start this new life so I agreed I was ready to do this for her and my kids. I got help and I got clean for a while we got married and then became pregnant with my last son. everything seemed good I had gotten a good job I was taking care of my family we were saving money to move it was going to be great. I went to work one day and heard a rumor that there were going to be a lot of layoffs I prayed I was not one of them but by the end of that day I had found out I was and it was devastating to me. I got home that night and got drunk I did not know what I was going to do just like that my life was falling apart again and there was nothing I could do. For the days following I put in app after app and called every day looking quickly to find another job and fast I had to stay occupied I did not want to mess up. After two weeks with no luck I got discouraged and I started using again at first I had tried my best to hide it from my wife but she knew and she was angry. She threatened to leave so I drained our savings and hid it from her thinking she would not go anywhere and she still did she took the kids and moved with her parents. at this point I was all alone reality was setting in and it was too much to deal with I went on a weeklong binge and used all our savings I do not think I saw daylight at all during that week and I was ashamed I was embarrassed for what I was doing how far I had come to just lose it all. this was too hard to do on my own I knew if I wanted my family back I had to get clean and learn how to stay that way and I could not do it by myself I had tried that and I failed. I made some phone calls and I went to treatment the next day I had a friend drive me it was the longest drive ever it seemed but I was ready to get my life back I had to for my family they needed me. the facility when I got there was very nice the staff greeted me and showed me where I would be staying and made me feel at home that put my mind a little more at ease. my family did not know I was there I wanted to get clean and get myself right before I had shown my face to them and apologized and tried to make things right. The first month was the hardest going through with drawl being sick and missing my family I almost gave up. I got up every day and did my best with the help of the nurses and doctors I made it through. I do not know where I would be if not for the staff at serenity point they saved my life every time I wanted to throw in the towel they would not let me they helped me help myself. as of today I am out of treatment I am 4 months sober and I am going to school for video game design I plan on making a bright future for my kids and my wife. after treatment I reunited with my family who was happy I went and got help to get better and we have also moved out of state and I am focused on my goals now I see clearly and I have a wonderful support system. I would like to thank everyone at serenity point all the staff the doctors the nurses that helped me get through this dark time in my life. They gave me hope when I needed it the most and I would not be here today if it had not been for them encouraging me and pushing me through. I encourage anyone needing help to just make that call it will change your life forever there is life after drugs you can make it out of an addiction just take the first steps for you for a better life and it will be worth it after all is said and done.

Serenity Point Rehab has probably been the best thing that has happened to me. I have been lost in addiction for the last twelve years of my life. I started abusing drugs at age fourteen and as time went on, I got further and further into my addiction. Little did I know, on May 13, 2017, I had an automobile accident that nearly killed me and my two precious babies. As bad as it was, I realized I had hit my "rock bottom". I knew at that moment that I really needed help. I decided to reach out to my husband and he then found SPR. It was the hardest decision for me because not only would I be 17 hours from home, I was leaving my children for the first time ever. With that being said, I also know I was making the best decision for me and my family. SPR has helped me realize my true potential and taught me that life can be so amazing by being sober. I would say I got the most helpful information by attending Staying Quit, Crooked Thinking, Coping Skills and the Relationships course. I feel confident enough to say that by attending those groups I have acquired the skills I need to lead a sober, happy life. All I can say is "Thank you, SPR! You saved my life!"

Serenity Point Recovery gave me my life back along with making me realize how much of it I'd lost. The day I graduate, June 30th, will be the 2 month anniversary of when I intentionally overdosed on heroin. To me this is a milestone I wouldn't have seen without SPR. When I walked through the doors I was a broken woman that was mad at the world. SPR helped me to put the pieces back together and realize the only person I was angry with was myself. Coping Skills taught me how to deal with the future and my counselor taught me how to deal with my past. I owe everything to SPR because they literally saved my life.

Serenity Point Recovery has changed my life. When I got here I was unwilling to surrender and change my life. I knew I was miserable and unhappy but I felt like I didn't care. Since starting the program I've grown to realize who I am and find things I actually enjoy doing. I've found that I can work well with others and found hobbies that I genuinely have interests in. I am beginning to find myself and my self-worth, realizing I have potential. I can now do all these things with out the use of drugs and alcohol. I think the groups I got the most out of here were AA/NA, Native 12 Steps, Relapse Prevention, Coping Skills, and Relationships. I gained ways to cope with my emotions instead of avoiding them or isolating because I didn't want to feel them. I have found I have learned that the people I associate my self with and spend time with affect my whole life and that I have to change my toxic relationships with everyone for my own good and theirs. I found that even on my worst days , with the help of others in recovery and the groups here and outside of here I can get through without using. To me this is all new. I've been sober before, in and out of treatment, but this time I actually feel strong enough to succeed. I know that the people here at SPR actually care about my and believe in my. With out Serenitys staff and all the clients like me I would still mbe miserable and giving up on my life. Today I have a whole new look on life and my future. I thank this facility and everyone here for helping me find hope and find a way out of my chaotic life style. Forever Grateful

Serenity has helped me understand that holding on to anger and pain only damages myself and has stopped my personal growth for years. I can't let other peoples actions and the way they treated me be an excuse to use. I realize I'm in control of my sobriety and it really doesn't matter what happened in my past I have a future to look forward to with the support of my family. I now know that I can express my feelings without being aggressive or walked over. Setting my own boundaries with the people I need to including myself, like making sure I'm aware and not dwelling on bad thoughts while experiencing urges. Not minimizing situations but handling them accordingly as they come. Letting people go in my life that haven't helped me be the best person I can be. I'm much happier without worrying about what other people think of me. I'm not scared to make new friends or stepping back out to create a more positive life. I look at the world differently and always want to keep this beautiful outlook verses black holes and thunderstorms of rage. The world is truly amazing and I'm going to offer everything I can to make it better!!!!

When I entered the doors of Serenity Point Recovery, I was a shell of a person. I had lost all sense of self, all sense of direction, and all hope that my life could ever be changed. It wasn't until I started the Native 12-Step program that I was able to truly get to the root of my addiction. I came into Serenity believing that I was an addict, just for the sake of being an addict. Native 12-Step showed me that my addiction was only the symptom of a deeper issue. Native helped me dig up all of the secrets I have been hiding in my life and turned me completely inside-out. Then, it helped me pick up the pieces and put me back together. My counselor also helped me realize skills I never even knew that I had. She showed me how strong of a person I really am. Serenity Point taught me to be true to myself and to never stop striving for Wellbriety. I can't thank the staff enough. SPR saved my life, and I will forever be grateful. From a puddle of emotional goo, to a powerful and positive warrior, I thank everyone I have encountered here. The light in my heart shines to the light in yours. Namaste.

It's been a trip..SPR has really done wonders for me in the time that I've been here. I walked into this place, being my first rehab not having a clue of what to expect. Only thing I really knew for sure was that my addiction to methamphetamine got me here and I felt disappointed I had reached this point in the viscous cycle of drug addiction. Been through a lot of greatly beneficial group courses since I've been here, but the two that stand out the most are crooked thinking and relationships groups. They both targeted very crucial flaws and defective characteristics of my day to day life. I learned about what healthy relationships are and I the many unconscious lies I would deal with. But, bigger than all, I came here with not an ounce of love for myself, and I proud to say that as of today, I have nothing but love for myself. The best part about this place is the people, or "clients," like yourself, that can empathize with everyone here alike. We all come from different pasts, but they can understand, relate...not make you feel so alone anymore.

better then I expected

SPR gave me a new chance to become the woman and mother I always dreamed to be. A spiritually broken woman with no motivation to survive. I struggled to find my worth, I was able to learn to trust again. Not only others but mostly I could trust myself with making stable choices in my life. The Native 12 Step program really helped save my life. The real reasons I used were discovered. With a new found courage I learned I faced my fears. Stronger and well equipped with the knowledge to explore my life in a sober manner, I am finally hopeful. Life in addiction left me powerless but today, I finally found my voice.

Serenity Point Recovery saved my life I was on a one way path to the grave. When I made the phone call I was scared, I didn't know what to accept I have never been to a rehab center before. I am happy I came here it gave me a new out look on life and helped me find my back from a very dark place. The native 12 step program is a program I did since I got here it helped me find and understand my higher power and reconnect my soul which I lost. Coping skills and NA were also very helpful I found ways of dealing with my problems that I thought I could never deal with. I am able to talk about things I never could speak of. The biggest one is I was able to forgive myself for all wrong I have done to myself and family. This program saved my life and I couldn't be happier I decide to make that phone call. Coming here was and is the hardest thing I have done and I wouldn't choose any other way.

Serenity Point Recovery has helped me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. Through Parenting and learning the Love and Logic style, learning the 12 steps in NA, working through my anger and resentment in Anger Management, and being able to express myself in groups openly and honestly. I came to SPR so broken, bitter, and angry, but now I have finally found a sense of peace and happiness in my life that I haven't had in a long time. I feel like I have a new start at life, and I have a real opportunity to be happy. This place has opened my eyes to how unhealthy my lifestyle was, and how much I do not want to go back there. I feel that I was brought here for a reason, and I know that I have enough to offer to help other people in active addiction. I have no doubt that this is the best decision I could have ever made.

Serenity Point has been vital in my recovery. I came here a broken man. But I have learned so much in the time I put in. I have overcome holding onto relationships that are unhealthy for me. I overcame this by really focusing in SMART Recovery. This class helped me realize that my health and happiness is a must for a positive step towards living the life I want to live. I believe I truly committed to abstinence the day I got here. This place has been so beneficial and was so important so there is possibilities for me when I get home. Also, learning acceptance of the outcomes and how to handle situations is another thing I have gained control over. If things don't go the way I planned I do have control over the next best thing in my life. Serenity took me in when I was at my worst and reframed me to the person I want to be. All I had to do was accept I've needed this help and there is nothing wrong with asking for help. Andrew H.

I was asked to share my success story of Serenity Point Recovery (SPR). As a client at SPR, I've learned better communication skills, how to cope with the loss of a family member and how to make amends with people affected by my addiction. My counselor helped me realize that my sobriety was worth fighting for. Of course every facility has its negatives and SPR is no different. Employees often gave me the run around during my first couple of weeks of treatment. I am extremely disappointed with the "customer service" at this facility. I strongly suggest clients have at least one meeting with both their case manager and counselor at the same time to set expectations and boundaries. However, I decided to stay and work the program and I am happy I did. Patient Support Services (PSS) and Client Services (CS) need a lot of improvement. There were a lot of empty promises from both offices regarding expectations and structure. In any regard, I am still thankful for the treatment I received and am going to use the tools I learned. Thank you SPR.

My time at serenity has been the hardest time but the most helpful. I came in three days sick off of heroin but they made me comfortable. The staff was very understanding since a lot of them have been through it too. I was forced to deal with my emotions without using. I learned how to not let my emotions get the best of me. Just because I am in a bad mood or having a bad day doesn't give mean I have to go back. I realized what all I had really done to myself during my active addiction and how much and how many it really effected. I met people here I can always use as support and vice versa. I came out of my shell and gained a little natural confidence. There was at least once a week I wanted to leave but my counselors helped push me and showed me I can push myself. I stayed as long as I thought I needed to. I now have faith in myself that I wont go back, that I don't want to go back. But this addiction is something I will have to deal with and work on for the rest of my life. But I feel confident saying I can deal with life on life terms without the use of substances.

With every new day comes new hope.

First off I just want to thank everyone at Serenity Point Recovery for all the help, you don't understand how much you have saved my life, and for that I am I am forever grateful! I have learned so much on how to be myself again, and also how to be a better father, son, husband and friend to the people I truly care about. You guys have showed me what its like to have life again! I was in such a dark place with no hope, but I got it back and its all because of you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

When arriving to S.P.R. I was dead inside. Physically, mentally sick just dead inside and a emotional wreck. S.P.R. taught me it was the best feeling to be sober. That I didn't need drugs to enjoy life. I've learned the coping skills and tools I need to leave and continue to have a successful after care program. also I learned to rebuild the damaged relationship I damaged in my addiction.

Serenity Point has been great in their staff ability to be there to listen and help me through my personal problems. I learned a lot about my triggers, cravings, urges, how to resist them, and deal with them but finding hobbies, taking your mind off of them, walking away. I feel great about where I'm at right now mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Absolutely amazing program. I came here overwhelmingly terrified and unsure of what to expect. ( This being my first rehab I was assuming this was like jail or something, haha.) This place blew my expectations of what a rehab was supposed to be like. The staff are all genuine, beautiful and amazing people who truly care about your recovery. The Detox staff are very caring and empathetic and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like your at home. Most of all, the clients with their stunning stories of grief and ,ultimately, triumph have shaped some of the most intelligent, charismatic and gifted people I have ever met in my life. This place has truly saved my life and I can't thank everyone enough for such a great experience here at SPR. Yours Truly, A. G.

When I came to SPR I thought I knew everything about addiction and just needed to get out of the real world or a break from life, but with an open- mind and some willingness I got so much more. My counselor Amanda C. really helped me open up and get down to the core of my problems. Process group was always amazing, and the people here in the class helped me think outside the box. AA/NA was my favorite class here at SPR. I enjoyed having a new topic to talk about everyday. Not getting judged by my peers and having people to relate to has been by far the best part of my stay here. I've learned to accept the past here and be hopeful for the future. I've learned what my triggers are and how to cope with them out in the real world. Acceptance is the key to success for me. Without acceptance I wouldn't have been able to move forward with my recovery. I am forever grateful for everything Serenity Point has done for me, especially the staff and clients. Without the classes, structure, and people I wouldn't have been able to change into the beautiful person I have become.

when I came here I was lost, broken, and tired of the life I had lived for so long. everyday the staff and the other clients got me to open up. I lost everything coming here, but I gained my inner self. I gained relationships that will last a lifetime. I tried to get sober and change my ways a long time ago, but I never could. I honestly feel the program here has helped me grow closer to God, and want to be a better man, and father. there was things in my head that I was going to keep balled up and take to the grave with me, and honestly it was killing me, but by meeting I trust they helped me open up and be free of my past. A.A is my most favorite class. Libby did an amazing job and I love how she could relate to almost everyone in the class. serenity point will always have a place in my heart. I can finally be happy again , and be the father my daughter deserves. somebody asked me here, why would I give up everything for one thing? when I can give up one thing, and have everything. that really stuck with me. I know who I want to be today and none of that would be possible with out this place.

Coming to Serenity Point I had issues with coping skills, communication, and isolating due to alcoholism. I ended up at Serenity Point after being turned away from approximately 20 different rehab facilities due to my health issues from congestive heart failure. Thankfully, the staff at Serenity took the chance and allowed me to attend. They made my stay very accommodating. I was able to use such groups as Smart Recovery, Staying Quit, Crooked Thinking, and Relapse Prevention to work through my communication and isolation issues. These groups also added excellent ways to identify triggers and new coping skills to go home with. My process group ran by my counseling helped the most with my recovery. Counseling sessions were very helpful. Serenity point has a fitness area that helped me continue to work at my recovery from congestive heart failure.

The smart recovery program was awesome. It opened my eyes to what addiction really is. The steps in the program were the foundation of my recovery process. It is going to help me through every day life to cope with triggers as well as with stress. It will also be a great tool to teach my family to help them understand what addiction really is.

When I walked into serenity point recovery I was broken and lost. SPR has helped me find my self when I came here I was a complete mess I reconnected with my higher power. I have made many amends with the people I have hurt through out my addiction. Here they also teach you how to set boundaries with people in my life through the crooked thinking class. Also I have learned many things from the relapse prevention class that has helped me to not do the same shit as before so in the future I am prepared and can use my coping skills when I am in a bad situation. Thank you SPR for saving my life and helping both my and my family.

Serenity Point has given me a deeper insight into the reason why I may of relapsed and with the help of Relapse Prevention Class, has given me the knowledge and tools to avoid another relapse, and recognize the early warning signs and stages of relapse. Also, the SMART Recovery course has showed me that there isn't just one way to achieve sobriety, which is what I was taught during my attendance in A.A. groups, This course also showed me that a relapse doesn't mean you have lost any of the sobriety time that you previously had achieved rather you get to build on it, and it teaches you to us such experiences as a learning opportunity to grow and continue to move forward with my sobriety. Overall, I have gained a new, very optimistic outlook towards my future, and the future of my journey through life in sobriety. For once in my life I have truly began to love who I am without the use of any type of substances,. thus I owe my thanks and would like to express my gratitude towards Serenity Point Recovery and all of the staff here that has allowed me to achieve this monumental success in my life, and my recovery. -Colton P

Before I came to serenity Point my life was falling apart again. I had been clean for 7 months before, but thought I could take one drink and I would be fine. From there it was down hill. I made the call to S.P.R. and they accepted me 15 minutes later. I was on my way May 6th. The idea of doing a 45 day program scared me. I had pets, rent, bills, family and a boyfriend. How could I leave them all on the drop of a dime. It had been the best decision in awhile. This program has taught me so much and a lot of thanks to my process group and the Native 12 Step program. Being able to open up and not be judged by anyone, allows you to see the real things that got you to your addiction. Native has allowed me to reconnect with nature and find a true happiness I haven't felt in awhile. I have made great connection with almost everyone here and they make getting through that much easier. I wont lie to you this is not an easy program and it takes a lot of self-searching and going deep inside your mind, but I promise it only gets better. If you want to leave, just stick it out because what is 45 days compared to the rest of your life. Thanks Serenity Point.

This is the best rehab that ive been too. The staff here is good and they work good programs, SPR has given me another chance this is my first time ever attempting to get clean for myself and not for someone else, SPR also gets comfortable after the first week and it is a good place for recovery, Ihave very high hopes for myself and im also in a very positive mindset as far as recovery and maintaining my sobriety.

Very good place

on Sunday may 24th 2017 I realized I had hit rock bottom, not only had I hit rock bottom but I was knee deep in the rocks. I went to my wife and told her I needed help. she looked around on the internet and found SPR, we talked it over and made the decision to make the call...the hardest phone call I have ever made. it didn't take long and after a few brief questions I had a plane ticket for the following day. I was met at the air port and transferred to the facility. I was nervous as heck!!!! I didn't know what to expect and I hadn't used since the day before so I wasn't feeling the best in the world. my nerves quickly calmed and other than feeling a bit sick I felt at ease, the staff here treated me with the utmost respect and understanding. my groups were extremely insightful, and opend my eyes to the root of my addiction. I was also instructed on how to cope with my past trauma and deal with my stuff all together....all in all this is a great place and would recommend it to anyone.

SPR has helped me out in many different aspects. With Groups and Personal time, I have been able to become grounded mentally and spiritually due to this program. I have been granted an opportunity to change my life for the better and prove to myself as well as my Family, that I can live up to my full potential. Since being here, I have been able to create a plan for when I'm out on my own. I have discussed with my counselor, case-worker and after-care specialist about my plan and how I'm going to act upon it. I have completed my Treatment goals, also set short-term and long-term goals, and make positive affirmations daily. I have been able to find hobbies I enjoy while being here. There are so many activities to do in this facility to help you find yourself and I'm more than grateful for having the time to figure myself out and learn more about myself that I haven't even realized how I have acted during my active addiction. Thank you SPR for everything you offered me so I can rebuild my life and be able to be happy while doing so. I'm ready to be the best Man I can be. One Love

When I came to Serenity Point I was very resistant to the program. Talking with my counselor and case manager they opened me up and let me see the destruction I really made. My biggest problem was dealing with the anxiety of dealing with these issues, my counselor also showed me what was out of my control to help relieve that stress. Crooked thinking in PHP is one of the best classes I've had to identify and help retain those bad thoughts was very important. Also detox staff are the best, I went through a lot of pain from Methadone on a 100mg a day my skin was crawling. The staff made me as comfortable as possible, I'm very grateful I stuck it out because it would have not been possible with out this program. Thanks SPR!

I am still not sure how this little Cajun girl from New Orleans, LA ended up in Marne, Michigan, but I am so glad that I decided to come here. The programs were great - it was nice to be able to choose the ones that best fit my needs and work out a treatment plan accordingly. I also loved the different levels of treatment and the ability to move up in the program, because it gave me a more immediate goal to work on while I was here. The food was excellent and nutritious, most of the staff was very nice, and the facilitators were extremely knowledgeable. On top of everything else, I made some really great friendships that I hope will last a lifetime.

Serenity Point Recovery has showed me how to handle life in recovery. I have learned different coping skills and ways to deal with situations. I learned how to be more open and talk about my feelings in a healthy way. I learned that when I have cravings and urges and I can't get a hold of someone I can write a letter or a list of my feelings. I can't wait to get back to my life with sobriety. I have learned I will be able to find ways to maintain and grow my relationship with my wife and make my marriage and life stronger.

Serenity Point Recovery has helped me dig deep within, confront my inner demons and expose them to the light and truth when it comes to my drug use. I no longer feel that I need drugs to get through my day. I know by me holding in and covering up my emotions is what caused my chaotic drug use. It took for me to have a session with a staff to realize holding back my knowledge and true personality showed through my actions; worrying, depression and anxious for things I couldn't grasp my mind around. Native 12-Steps with a staff member allowed me to get closer and have a better understanding of myself and spirituality. Anger Resolution took me out of my mind where a lot of my anger was built from my past relationships and more importantly my childhood. Crooked Thinking with a staff member exposed me right off the back, wasting no time telling me about my crooked ways and how selfish I became during my drug addiction. How I put myself first, not thinking of how much danger I truly put my family in; stealing from the dope man. Relationships taught me to accept what I have done previously to people I hurt, but to have the courage to rekindle relationships with my family, most importantly and/or whoever is willing to give me another chance. I'm so thankful for this program. Because I can now live my purpose the way I was intended too, sober!

When I first got hear I walked through the doors with a determined mindset to change. I was abusing substances & alcohol to ease the pain. I didn't have a full understanding on how my environment, past abuses was creating an emptiness inside of me. I used drugs and alcohol to fill me up and it never gave me a full opportunity to evolve healthy. I am grateful for the opportunity to have received counseling while being sober. In addition, I am grateful for the following courses; crooked thinking, anger management, relationships, and employment preparedness. These courses were able to help me look at myself beyond the surface. It was far from an easy process. But through resilience, hard work, and the dedication I have to change; I was able to take knowledge in and apply it. In addition, I am grateful for music and art therapy. Through singing I was able to empower myself & write my heart away. Through art, I was able to embrace my imagination. Through Serenity Point Recover, I was able to accept me. So I wanted to thank every staff, peer, and every beautiful who has supported me in my recovery. Because of you I am a stronger me. If you reading this and trying to figure out if getting help is the best avenue, it is! We all need help! You may feel powerless to your drug, but you have the power to ask for help! Serenity is waiting for your call!

I've been struggling with addiction for 17 years, been in and out of rehabs and spent eleven years of my life in jail and state prisons. I found myself propped up again in Marne MI. I was finally at the point that I refuse anything but sobriety for my life. I got a lot out of A.A./N.A, couldn't have done it without my Higher Power, praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!I love SMART recovery and A.C.C. has been a renewing experience. I'm clear headed in great shape mentally, physically, and spiritually. Ready to walk in this field of work

Serenity Point Recovery has helped me in more ways than one. When I arrived here, I thought it would be just for drug and alcohol abuse. After attending Relationships class and multiple sessions with my counselor, I realized I had a tendency to be codependent, which helped lead me to the drug and alcohol abuse. I have learned to identify that behavior and ways to grow and overcome it. I have also learned how to have the tough conversations with people at home that I needed to have. I have created an aftercare plan that I believe will be effective, as well as a relapse prevention plan. This program breaks down the behavior of addiction and shows you how to identify these behaviors. It also helps you develop the tools needed to cope in healthy ways. I strongly feel that Serenity Point Recovery has saved my life in this way, and I look forward to applying the tools I have learned here.

Serenity Point Recovery has helped me to refocus my mind and help me to see clearly, through sober eyes, how close I was to loosing everything I ever cared for and about. By drinking my life and my money away, I lost my home, all my things, and brought me to the brink of divorce. By choosing to come here, and openly communicating with my counselor daily and weekly I was able to see, through his eyes, things within myself I need to continue working onto more affectively communicate positively, work on my anger, and trust issues. NA/AA classes have helped me continue focus on sobriety. Hearing others stories and situations they've been through helped me stay focused on what I have to gain, what I still have, and not let it all go. Coping and Relationships classes also have helped me to learn to better understand and communicate with people in my daily life along with my spouse.

SPR has changed the rest of my life. Without SPR, I would still be out on the streets using. I have learned a lot about myself in the past month or so. I have developed more coping skills and learned even more about myself. In the past month I have been taking NA/AA which is what I believe that helped me most. All the workers here at SPR have been very helpful. Everyone has gave me helpful and great advice. My goals are to go back home to Tennessee to finish drug court, get off probation, finish my last semester of college to get my associates degree in Machine Tool Technology. Without this place, and all of the clients and staff, I would never be able to go after my goals. Thank you Serenity Point Recovery and all the workers and staff

SPR has given me another chance at life. I was dead inside when I got here. I didn't care about myself nor where my life was going. Once the fog cleared, I was able and willing to open my mind to what this place was teaching me. My counselor was phenomenal at getting me to open up about things I have numbed and refused to talk about in the past. I was able to hone in on those issues during my time here. The variety of courses offered were great. The courses helped me identify triggers, coping skills and ways to handle my emotions to help me prevent relapsing. I have a lot of tools in the tool box to help me in my recovery thanks to SPR. I am now in a position to help myself, which I didn't feel like I was in the past. This place has given me the opportunity to help others in my latter days as well, which also helps me in my recovery. I can't thank SPR and the staff enough for what they've done for me and the fresh start I feel like I've been given. It's a gift I can only payback by staying clean and helping others.

Going to Serenity Point Recovery saved my life. I started using drugs in general when I was 13 but didn’t start using heroin until I was 20. I didn’t go through a period of just using it sometimes or develop a habit gradually over time. The first time I took it I wanted more and that was that. I was hooked. I went to 2 different rehabs before Serenity and the whole time I was at them I couldn’t wait to get out so I could get high again. I didn’t want to be clean and knew I was going to relapse right away. When I first got to Serenity it was the same thing. I just wanted to finish the program so I could leave and go get high again. It was in the 2nd week there that I was able to take a real and honest look at my life and see how truly awful my life had become and know that if I continued on that path it would just get worse. Going to Serenity changed everything for me. I learned so much while I was there and was able to understand myself and what had led to my addiction in the first place. I learned how to control my emotions better and how to talk to my family without ending up in screaming match with them. I graduated from Serenity 6 months ago and I hadn’t slipped up once. The staff at Serenity were incredibly patient with me and have helped me deal with more issues than I thought I had. I wouldn’t still be clean if it wasn’t for them.

I got a lot out of it and has changed my life forever. The staff as far as the counseler where awsome . But the facility by far isn't what shows on the Internet buck beds little kids mattress not designed for an adult. Cleanest of the place wasn't up to hospital standers very nasty environment showers where never cleaned for the 48 days I was there. The followed up after rehab has never happen on two weeks from being home no calls no follow up like the day there.going to do kind of a disappointment.. For wasn't not five star chief!!

I am extremely blessed and fortunate to be in the position I'm in. I have the chance to start over and begin a new life. I will be going to sober living and I will be participating in an IOP program. I will be going back to work.

Serenity Point Recovery has provided me with many resources while there as far as great tools to use when returning home .Talking with peers about goals and experiences has been extremely helpful to know that I am not alone in my addiction. Relationships group has made me change my way of thinking about the way I previously dealt with relationships and made me realize that its not only my feelings that matter. Anger Management taught me that too much wasted time/energy was spent on being angry about issues that could have been worked out much easier and more effectively while remaining calm. Relapse Prevention has given me tools to use to make my sobriety successful as long as I work hard to apply everything that I have learned when leaving here. I am extremely grateful for having found Serenity Point Recovery, I now know that I am on the right path and feel totally ready to start fresh. Thank you!!!!!

Serenity has made me, me again. I can wake up and be happy as myself and without drugs. I have learned useful coping skills and I know how to identify triggers. I can love myself and not turn to drugs. I have learned how to communicate way better, I know how to talk during an interview. Serenity employes have been here this whole time. I am really impressed with this rehab.; I can now enter healthy relationships, and im better now than ive ever been.

Before i entered this program i remember i was curled up in a ball crying my eyes out in my room all alone because i was in so much pain and felt so disgusted with myself. I felt drained, like there was no life left inside of me, it was the worst feeling I've ever felt and i never wanted to feel like that again so i came to serenity point recovery. Slowly but surely i started to bloom. I got my glow back, I started to laugh and smile again. I felt like recovery was actually possible for me. I deserve to be sober and happy. Isolating yourself and being depressed isn't a way anyone wants to live. I have hope and that is the best feeling i could ever ask for. I no longer have to feel imprisoned by the disease of addiction. I am FREE.

Serenity Point Recovery has given me another chance to live my life happy and sober. SPR taught me many coping skills and healthier ways to communicate with others in dealing with my addiction issues. Classes like ACC, Coping Skills, and the Native 12-Step program have helped me to grow mentally and spiritually and have shown me the path to sobriety that is right for me. After multiple different programs and relapse, the staff here have shown me how to love myself again, and set a good example of who I want to be in my recovery. Serenity Point Recovery is the reason I can now start a new life for myself.

To begin, Serenity Point Recovery saved my life. I came into this facility scared, addicted, and with little hope. Within a 24 hour period I was shown so much love and support that I could not imagine being in any other facility. The staff truly cares, the classes help to rewire our addictive minds getting you out of the addict mentality and back into being a functioning human being in society. Crooked thinking will have you address your drug and kick it out of your life while building coping skills and barriers. While Native American 12 Step brings you in touch with the inner parts of your mind, body and soul. It saved my life and brought my inner passion back while humbling me. In the long run, however, it was the classes, staff, and my fellow peers that helped me. Each story benefited me in some way. I cannot express how grateful I am, this facility truly gave me back my life.

Serenity point Recovery has help me find myself the real me it has been in a wonderful emotional but the happiest ive been in a long time. Smart recovery has gave me good advise on how to stay positive on a negative impact, how to keep away or remove myself from a bad situation actually smart recovery, anger, relspe prevention, relationships, coping skills have touch a lot on the same areas. but ive learned different techniques on removing myself from toxics situations and how to cope with it. Identifying feelings and okay myself to feel how to set boundaries and stick with it. also with coping and anger issues how to stay calm instead ofblowing up and how to deal with the situation. ilearned resiliency and codependency, realizing my barriers that could cause me to relapse. figuring out my triggers and what triggers me to have an oout burst in my bi polar episodes. I want to thank spr for changing my life and giving me hopeand a chance to learn the tools I need to make it out there and finding myself again. its been an amazing experience and a life changing experience.

Serenity Point Place has helped me understand my triggers and also how to set my boundaries and know I have to be selfish in my recovery. The relationships class has taught me that I need to forgive myself for all the pain and hurt I've caused thru my addiction to my wife. Once I've done that I have a lot better chance of living and complete and sober life. The staff as a whole went above and beyond to make me as comfortable as possible during my stay here. My personal counselor and case manager was really a perfect fit for me with my situation and they both handled it beyond my expectations. Also the ethics staff and security was really attentive to my needs and wants too. So a special thanks to all of serenity point place staff. Thank you for saving my life..my wife and kids really appreciate too. Thank you

Before I came here, I had attended to Four different treatment places. All were 12 step programs and it was easier for me to comprehend. But I needed more of a Spirituality type of Treatment. Also having PTSD, learning to gain Trust in people was always hard. I know I'll always hard for me. I know I'll always have that to over come, yet I'm more open to talk to people here and it's OK. Being raised on the Reservation it was always difficult to be around other races and ethnicities. After I opened up it was easier and I found myself Happy again. I became So Angry in my past (addiction included). Found myself Happy One day here and I WAS SO ANGRY! My counselor and case-manager Assured me that it was OK to be happy again. I was able to have other feelings other than Anger! Most of my usage was buried feelings and being told daily or reminded I'm Native so I'll always be an Alcoholic. But NO I'M ME! I may have Drank and used Meth in my past; it'll be a part of my Story nevertheless IT IS NOT ME! I Thank my aunt daily in my prayers that she helped me find Serenity Point Recovery! Without the Staff and the Residents here, I wouldn't have Faith and Hope I stood a chance to take it minute by minute or day by day to stay sober. Never had that since I can remember. I am so Thankful for this place. I found out I am AMY and that's a great person, people like to be around. Also I am not a Failure as a Mother. I am thankful for the Support my family has gave me and they didn't give up on me; They patience was running out! But they are still here for me. I am Grateful for Serenity Point Recovery Staff because they are so supportive that I feel at home here, but its Time for me to go Home and use the tools they helped me learn to LIVE MY LIFE!.

Serenity Point Recovery has taught me how to live again. I have learned I do have a purpose here on earth. I know now that there are plenty of things to do sober. I don't have to be high to have fun. Before I came to Serenity I was homeless. Thanks to the help of serenity I was able to build my trust back with my family. Now I am welcome with open arms back into my family's home. I was depressed and felt like life wasn't worth living. I did not smile before I came. I cant go a day without smiling. I was not a friendly person and now I cant wait to meet new people. I enjoy helping others and being able to make them smile. Being sober is the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm going to continue to progress and move forward in my recovery. Thank you Serenity for a new chance at life.

First of all, Serenity Point has showed me what it is like to actually be alive. I don't mean alive as in just going through daily motions. I mean what it's like to genuinely laugh again! to feel true emotions in a clear mind state. Emotions that I forgot about I can now experience with a clean, clear, sober mind. From the moment I got out of the car I was immediately welcomed and made very comfortable. I've went through just about every group here and I can say each and every one of the groups have something positive to offer no matter your situation. Not to mention that the staff and facilitators make it a very personal experience. I have grown very close with so many people here, both peers and staff. Came in looking to fix one thing and gained and learned more than I could have imagined. Had rough days and everybody made those days way easier to cope with. I truly am going to miss this place and am grateful for all I've gained from my experience here. Bittersweet is all I can say in my final days here. Highly recommend.

I definitely have some good things to say about Serenity Point Recovery. The Serenity Point Recovery program saved my best friend’s life, and being in recovery myself, I know how hard it is to walk away from drug and alcohol addiction. The crazy part is that it was my friend who had tried to help me back when I was an addict, and he ended up getting hooked on his pills in the long run. My friend James went to Serenity Point Recovery a few months ago. I’ll be brief here and just mention the things about the rehab center that I noticed to be really interesting and different from what most rehab centers were like. First of all, James got a lot of direct, one on one attention at Serenity Point Recovery. They treated him really well, and he was able to get the help and the care that he needed to really vanquish his addiction and come out the other side winning. He got so much one on one attention, that there were several individual counselors at Serenity Point Recovery that James still talks about and references back to to this day. Secondly, the Serenity Point Recovery applies a multi-modality, open-ended, results-based, evidence-based approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment. I was really pleased with that and really impressed that the program was so well thought out. It’s rare in today’s day and age to find a rehab center that will provide such a focused and direct approach to addressing drug and alcohol addiction in their clients and in such a unique way too. I was really pleased and really impressed with that. Thirdly, the Serenity Point Recovery used a multitude of different treatment methods, as opposed to only focusing on one or two or maybe three different treatment methods. That was very interesting and very helpful for James. I think it was really important that he go to such a facility. My hat is off to Serenity Point Recovery. They were able to save my friend’s life when nothing else would work. I give this place five stars!

first off serenity point provided me with the anti depressant and pharmaceutical free environment I needed to understand my feelings and exactly what kind of work it will take on my part to manage them in real life. showed me there is such a thing as a sober me, and if I work hard enough I am capable of anything. the therapy was absolutely priceless and quite possibly the thing that will make the difference I have for years thought was an impossibility.

Serenity point recovery has defenitly saved my life. When coming here I had no idea what to expect.This place has gave me a second chance at life, love and recovery. Staying quit tought me the skills I was so despretly looking for to keep me sober. It tought me before a physical relapse theres always the mental relapse. I have the skills now to prevent it from becoming physical. Anger management has tought me how to have a disagreement and see the other persons feelings before blowing up and exploding on others, that im very thankful for. Relationships has tought me how to find myself again. It tought me how to maintain the healthy relationships I currently have. Coping skills tought how to find ways to cope with my addiction in a healthy way and find the great activities in my life I had forgot about and lost along the way. Relapse Prevention has tought me the skills I need to stay sober. It showed me theres more to life than using. To stay positive in negative situations. My councelr has got me to open my heart and mind to other options in life. I have now been able to open up to complete strangers and tell them my story with no judgment. That's one of the best things that has ever happen to me. Im extremly thankful to my aftercare specialist that has worked with me to get me groups for me to continue my recovery once Im home. I thank the staff members for making my recovery a very smooth transition. Everyone has been so awesome here I appreciate everything so much. The other clients here has been remarkable to my recovery. Without them I couldn't of got through this. Thank you so much Serenity Point Recovery.

It gave me time and reinforcement to reactivate tools I acquired at the last treatment center. The sense of community and family re-awakened me. Staff's been good for the most part.

Serenity Point has equipped me with the tools I need to live a life without drugs and alcohol. Alcohol took my life to a standstill and I look forward to moving on with my life sober. I learned different ways to cope with my emotions besides drinking and smoking. I have come to terms that I cannot live the life I imagined with drugs and alcohol. The staff was very supportive and always there when needed. Serenity Point gave me a chance to make things right and get my life on track. I am very grateful for this opportunity!

I learned plenty of coping skills and how to apply them in every day life. I learned about the negative physical, emotional, and mental side effects of drugs in Drug Education. Crooked thinking taught me the signs and triggers of identifying a mental relapse. Before every physical relapse there is a mental relapse, so identifying the warning signs of a mental relapse and coping with it/them is essential to a successful recovery. Relationships helped me with rebuilding broken relationships I caused because of my addiction. It also helped me with the skills to help previous relationships learn about addiction to help them understand and work with future successful relationships. Stress Reduction helped me identify that maintaining my health physically is a critical part to a successful recovery. Anger Management/ Resolution was a great class that showed me how to control and positively manage my emotions. Serenity has given me everything I need to apply toa successful recovery. It's all in my hands now. And I can finally say something I have never been able to say before: I have FAITH in myself. Thank you Serenity Point Recovery <3

Serenity Point changed my life. I have learned how to handle my anger and learn how to communicate with my spouse and others. I have learned different coping skills to use when I am triggered. I have learned that not everything in my life can be controlled by me or manipulated. This place has taught me how to stand up for myself and set boundaries with people who do not have my best interest at heart. I have learned to be assertive so I can take care of myself and not allow others to control me. Financial management taught me how to budget and save money for when I go back to work. But most importantly this place gave me a great start to my recovery that I know without a doubt I would have not been able to achieve on my own. I am confident in myself that I have a great start to a long life of sobriety. You get what you put into the program and it can be such a great experience if you give it the chance!

Serenity Point is the only rehab I have ever found that has allows you to create your treatment based on what you really need most, not just a blanket program that is supposed to fit everyone that enters the program. Would definitely recommend going there to anyone who is to the point of wanting to change their life but doesn't know where to start.

I want to recommend this rehab center for those looking for a light at the end of a dark tunnel. The establishment is the perfect place to receive help for any addiction issues you or a loved one may have and want to handle. The staff here are considerate, caring and genuinely want to help the clients get through the programs. There is nothing more important than support from those that will be helping you push through the rough times and not give up. The rooms are set up for quiet and less cramped for those that share them. Having the space and peace to come out clean is crucial and Serenity has that. Keeping up your nutrition while detoxing is a vital point to your recovery too. Serenity puts special attention on their meals and making sure that every person has the proper nutrition to counter the negative effects of addiction. This is a part of rehab that not many people put too much thought into when choosing a recovery center, but it does play a large role. Let Serenity become your choice for recovery from addiction. The quality and care can be a huge factor for those suffering and it shouldn't be a worry once they are in the program. Serenity Rehab is the place to go.

I haven’t been to many rehabs but I didn’t enjoy any of the except Serenity Point Recovery. Serenity was the only rehab I’ve been to that I was comfortable enough to relax and truly work on my recovery the way I should have been able to do at my previous rehabs. When I first got there the staff were really friendly and nice and helped me so much when I was detoxing off heroin. They weren’t fake and pretending to understand what I was going through. They actually understood and were able to help me feel much more comfortable throughout my detox than ever before. Having medical people that were there and knew how to help me get through it was a major thing for me. Between that and the withdrawal staff I was able to get through my detox with pretty minimal discomfort. My detox wasn’t rushed at all and when I got out of detox and started my actual rehab program I was completely ready to get started on it. Everything about going through my program at Serenity was so much simpler for me than my previous rehabs. Because I felt comfortable with my surroundings and especially the staff it wasn’t hard for me to open up about my addiction and because of that I was able to get to the root of my problems and work on those instead of just working on my addiction. My peers were such a big help throughout my whole program. Never have I seen a place where everyone, staff and clients alike were so willing to help me when I needed it. For me at least there are some days when I was there where no matter what I just had a bad day. It was a funk that I really had a hard time getting out of. It would hit me all over again where I was, why I was there and what I had done in my life to get there. When that would happen, I had people that I could talk to bot staff and my peers alike and it really helped me get through it. It was pretty amazing when I realized that I had people I could rely on again. I’ve always had my parents but though they are amazing people and I love them it’s not really the same as having someone around my age who I consider a real friend. Going to the classes like yoga, art therapy and music therapy were much more therapeutic than I would have thought before going to Serenity and attending them. The program I did at Serenity was a program that I knew would help me. I was able to make my own choice of what I through would be best for me and it helped me so much more than any program I had done in the past. Having different programs to choose from was pretty incredible. I wasn’t stuck doing the same program as everyone else just because it was the only program available. By doing the program I wanted, with people who understood me and what I was going through, in a place where I was comfortable being, it literally changed everything. I’m happy to be where I am today. I’m not just sober. I never thought it would be possible for me to be this happy again.

I struggled a lot with drug and alcohol addiction for about two years before I finally made it go right to go to a drug and alcohol addiction treatment center. When I did go, I chose to go to Serenity Point Recovery. My parents had a big part in that decision, but we all made it. I enjoyed my time at Serenity Point Recovery. This treatment center helped me a lot. The program was excellent. The treatment approach that was delivered there was effective and quite workable. They offered a lot of one on one help and care that was fluid and engaging for me. This facility worked hard to help me arrive at a level of recovery and sobriety that had previously been completely alien to me. This rehab center’s program was a multi-modality, results-based, evidence-based approach, so there was a lot of success-oriented and one-on-one minded things at work there. That was really helpful for me. The staff were great too. Excellent people. Powerhouse team. I’ve never seen more friendly people who treated me as well as the staff at Serenity did. The care and the compassion that they had for their clients really exceeded my expectations to say the least. This treatment center and program was helpful and interesting to me, and I felt strong and revitalized after going there. The facility itself was nice too. Not a luxury, five star resort, but clean, comfortable, well set up, and cozy. I got a lot out of the entire package. This facility gave me the tools and the techniques I needed to be able to say no to dope, and to be one-hundred percent relapse free and drug and alcohol free. I would strongly recommend this program to struggling addicts everywhere.

I had done the program not long ago and I can only write good things about it. I had a problem with alcohol for a very long time , I went to 4 rehab centers before Serenity but they were not able to handle my addiction. I think the holistic approach really made Serenity a different rehab from the rest , and I think that is the reason for the success. The staff were amazing , if I needed help I got right away and the building was very nice and comfortable , I really enjoyed my time there , at first I was lonely but Serenity every now and then organized events where you could be make friends etc. I can only recommend it.

Im first of all a mother and second a licensed nurse therefore I feel like I went above and beyond researching Serenity Point Recovery in Marne before deciding to send my son there. I found very little negative feedback/reviews and all communication with them was great. Fast forward to the first call I received from a "counselor" telling me my son was wanting to talk to me but it was against the rules until after detox. She proceeded to tell me he didn't "need" detox but the rule still applied to him, I questioned why he wouldn't need detox having been on prescrition medicine for 2 yrs and she couldn't answer any of my questions and was actually stumped by my curiosity. I then called the gentleman that talked me into sending him there and made it sound so great, he wasn't sure why I was told my son didn't need detox. At this point I demanded to speak to my son and was finally allowed while on speaker with at least two workers speaking too. During this call my son told me to get him out of there it was NOT at all what we were told, detox for him consisted of him watching the employees flish his prescription meds he'd taken 3x daily for two years down the commode as he watched... I demanded my son be taken to an airport bus station motel or anywhere but there and they agreed., only to them say no one was there to drive him and no one could come to the facility to get him. I called can companies 30 miles away before I found a sweet lady that feel this moms pain in my voice and heard my tears, she went to get my son, by then he had been driven by staff to some bus stop bench in the middle of nowhere. Thank GOD his cellphone was not dead when he got it back and we were able to locate him. The can driver took him to a motel where he stayed till I could make the 10 hr drive to get him. ALL of this within the first 28 hrs! We were told insurance would pay it all and cost for 45 days was $35,000. Insurance paid them $8,000 for that short time and they are hounding me with bills for another $12,000 which I refuse to pay. They won't take calls or requests for more info from insurance or speak to me. The $ I put in his account they kept so he was sent away with nothing. All of the motels can companies etc were Leary if taking my payment via phone because they wanted no part of anyone associated with serendity rehab. Please call local business if you want real reviews because this place is a joke ... PLEASE heed my warning and find a real rehab, this trauma made things worse for my family and I will tell the world our story to save other addicts and their loved ones.

Quite frankly, very few of the staff has any respect for anyone but there a a few out of the bunch who are amazing and only want the best. My experience here was filled with amazing friends and great memories. Though the amount of bad experiences I had here our way the bad the details of these experiences were terrible and only once did staff resolve them. One of my experiences happened while I was on the phone with my mother in the phone room (haven't talked to my dad in ten in a half years, only person who's ever stuck by me in my life.) one of the women came in and let us know it was curfew and we'd have to be ending our conversations, she was very polite. A few minutes later a different staff member approached the phone room and politely asked me to get off. I told her I would gladly oblige if she'd let me say goodbye, just as I did so a client who thought he had power over all else as if he were a staff member too started to scream at me in a very threatening g manor. The staff member, mind you she is security, just stood there and watched while he berated me with rude comments and screamed at me. She never did anything to stop him and never came to check on me when I left. In a place where your dealing with people who are away from a place of security from so long it's easy for this to happen but it when the staff steps in to acknowledge it's not okay is where the difference is. Now moving on to the food. They claim to have a five star chef, and I don't doubt that. But the amount of times I've gotten served a meal of meat made with a lot of or all fat was very common. I was never satisfied and it's easy to see coming from a family where I eat very well made food. But for me this food was not good at all. Another thing I might add. I was put on a "detention" type thing if you will. I was told to clean their kitchen as soon as I was out of group. I did such and upon this found that their fry cats are black, theregross. The floors behind the equipment is black as if it hasn't been cleaned since it was opened. Last off all, the morning groups. They were mostly about people complaining about not having bread, or their favorite cereal wasn't there, or there's no milk or creamer, and so on and so forth. ( might I mention that most of them were about food). In this case I felt they were most unecisary. So I stopped going to the groups and started to get in trouble. When I voiced my concern early on in my recovery I was told it would be foxed. That never happened, instead the nonsense continued so I continued to not go. Soon enough I was hiding in my room. To avoid the terrible experience of people constant whining about things that they could easily not do. At one point during this time I went to ask to have a plan made for myself. This was not okay apparently, even tho in the book of client rights they give you says you may have your own plan made specifically for your personal needs. So after dealing with rude clients, poor staff, bad food, and unessesary groups. I left. Since then I have stayed clean and been living better then I ever have, even though they told me it would never happen if I didn't finish. With that I hope you make a wise decision

I can Not thank enough to Serenity recovery for my soberness and for my life. With their holistic approach, they are much more efficient, and I feel like compared to the previous rehab, my head was clearer and I could think easier and The detox went smoother than previously. thank you to my amazing counselor without you I would not be where I am today. You have been a very stable terminal for me throughout my stay, you always listened, and tried to help me with everything, and I feel like because of our little sessions, I let go of many emotions, and discovered issues that I have been suppressing for a long time. You guys Serenity is really the place that changes people so much, they make you really sure about yourself, its like a self booster. When I arrived I was a hot mess to say the least, but after going through the program, I gained certainty in myself, and I know what to do in able to succeed without any harmful substances. Those drugs were just masking the feelings I could not deal with, and I was running away from.i also have to mention the communications course, it was fantastic. I would have never thought that such a simple course can change so much. I learned many coping mechanisms, and lot more things. Now I am more able to go on with my life, and put out goals to achieve and work towards them. I know how to stay clean and sober, and this is thanks to the fantastic team at Serenity, and to my counselor in particular for having her as my counselor.

Amazing experience. This program literally saved my life. Upon arrival I can only imagine how difficult I must have been to work with as a client (I was a total wreck) and the staff was always respectful and courteous. I had no intention on really getting off drugs, I was like whatever we will see how it goes. But everyone was so understanding that I instantly felt a lot better than i have been for a very long time. Through a daily regiment of 1 on 1 therapy sessions and extensive time spent working with my case manager I was put in a position that enabled me to do an immense amount of personal growth. The clinical team was constantly pushing me to challenge myself in order to reach the goals that I set forth for myself upon admission. All the courses that were available at Serenity were extremely helpful, with all the knowledge that I gained from them grew my personality. Every program was amazing. I personally loved the smart recovery. I liked how it focuses on the key reasons we started to do drugs or alcohol. I feel like this was the big change, the big difference with Serenity vs my previous rehabs, that we actually were looking for the initial cause.

this place is a joke. staff is rude and disrespectfull

A family member is currently here. Place is a awful! They say they treat the entire person and provide support to help patient rebuild lives. Well, that's bull! They said five days for detox and you can speak. Nope! Had to go through several people to get a chance and then patient was not doing well! Then no contact for two days after they said we could talk! Once communication began they didn't tell us what times person would call and taped phone conversations and actively listened to what was said. My patient still can't tell me truth on what is going on there sounds weak when patient was stronger before treatment. Everything they say contradicts something else they said or promised. No one ever answers phones, patients don't get messages and nothing facilitates the patients recovery better than support from family! Family not welcomed and if you call too often they begin to speak out against you to your loved one...They act so nice to patient and then call family members who are concerned and worried and are rude! They tell them they are destroying the rehabilitative efforts of their loved ones. If something happens to family while patient is there the family is told not to inform the patient and that their problems or crisis is small compared to the patient's recovery....

Elevate addiction services has proven to be an effective drug and alcohol program that addressed ALL of my recovery needs. If I would have not gone to Elevate, I would be either in a very bas shape or not alive at all. The last 70 days that I have spent there were literally live saving. The staff was not only highly skilled and knowledgeable about drug and alcohol rehabilitation, but empathetic towards my needs and helped me through every crisis that I had. They were truly understanding of my situation, they knew each time what was the right thing to do to help me the most effectively. When I first arrived at Elevate, I was put "on detox". The doctors nursing staff, and clinical technicians saw to it that I was made comfortable in my environment and with appropriate medications. I was not made to feel like a ' bad patient ' when addressing my myriad of needs throughout my stay at Elevate. Not one time I felt that I was a criminal or a low life, they have always made me feel that I am part of the team and that I am a good person.I strongly feel that my experience was beneficial due to the excellent quality of care and therapy that I was given.

You cannot put a price tag on what I have been given through Serenity It is impossible to fully explain my positive experience with every dedicated staff member at every level of care. I spent 3 months in treatment and the support and guidance I received from the entire treatment team is without doubt unparalleled. The genuine commitment to my recovery in their program extended beyond any job description of a treatment counselor. Not only was I given the tools to live sober today, but I was given the chance to rebuild the life that my addiction tore down. I arrived at intake hopeless with many legal issues. This was my first (and hopefully last) rehab. It was a scary and overwhelming situation for me and my family emotionally and financially. Serenity not only comforted my family though the whole process, but they explained and guided them through a lot of unknowns in the process and included them in my recovery journey the entire way

Serenity gave me the tools to live life on life's terms. When you're out there living life, a pat on the back and a tissue is not what's going to save you. You need a seriously good rehab with a very good program to get through the hardest part, that prepares you for real life. From the first moments I walked it I knew I was at the right place. The staff here helps you build the skills needed to face life head on. In my stay as a client I was a difficult person to deal with to say the least. I thought of every reason why the program would not work for me,I looked for every way to make the treatment staffs job harder. I wanted to quit so many times but I am so glad I did not. Every time I did so I was treated with compassion. Everyone on the staff treated me like I was a human being who deserved respect. I was always treated fairly and everyone went far beyond their responsibilities to help me. I gained a lot of knowledge to help me maintain my sobriety, built healthy relationships, and created path that is destined for success. I recommend this program to anyone who needs help.

My daughter went here. I was ripped off. Place is not as described and they don't even offer the programs they claim. Place Durant look like the pictures, they lie to get you there and then leave you hanging. Place is dirty. Awful food. Incompetent staff. No counseling, groups are a joke. Not therapeutic at all. Waste of time abs money

As a former employee, I would not recommend this facility or program to anyone. Complete falsification of the facility itself and what to expect...the website shows a completely discern facility. Eclectic to share a jail style bunks wroth 4-6 people per room. NOT the resort style room they show in their videos...Staff usually doesn't stick around to see their 90 day mark due to the environment, which tells you a,great deal there. You WILL NOT be receiving one on one counseling more than once a week for 15 minutes...The place is absolutely filthy. And as for treatment? The recidivism rate is astounding, because the program is a,joke.... $50k much better off spent elsewhere.

I attended an almost two months treatment at Serenity rehab. I have had a very positive experience here. The staff is very compassionate, the clinicians are helpful and understanding, and most of all the environment is very comfortable. I have felt comfortable sharing openly and honestly in all of the daily groups that we have, and above all the group of friends I have made while in treatment have meant everything to me and my sobriety. I would have never thought that it is possible to make friends at rehab. They have been the ones who have pushed me along, picked me up when I was down, and made me feel comfortable being me again. If it weren't for this place, I would not have been able to realize I had a problem, or have been able to pick up the tools to deal with the world around me like I haven't in a very long time

Let me start off by saying that I would never recommend a place, unless I myself am sure about that it is truly good. Their program and approach worked fir me. We are all very different, and it might be that this is not the fit for you, this is what I though at the beginning, but than when I got there, they had like a totally different approach than the previous rehab that I went to. They do the usual detox and stuff, this is separate from the actual rehab. Than you go see counselors and you see them regularly and you work on your program, actually one counselor but u got the point. So they have this way of thinking, that we are not all different, and that we do not need the exact same treatment like everyone else, but it is a bit more individualized , it is kinda "tailor made". They take into account if you have already been to rehab, what addiction you have and so on. So anyways I did the program that was assigned to me, and oh my, it was really changing me, and now i see that I was suppressing many things that I could not deal with in my life, and when I first started on drugs, it was because there were things I just did not want to face. I really git through so much while I was there, tons of suppressed emotion came to the surface and the staff and my counselor was always there with me, and they knew what to do each and every single time. If they would have not been there and held my hand I would have escaped and git back to drugs straight. Oh boy those were some really hard moments, but without hard work, you do not reach any results. And this thought me so much, so much experience in this short amount of time, but to great result. Now I am really stable and off any and all drugs, including pills, which btw too, I forgot to say, they do get you off all pills that you are adducted to but are medically unnecessary. Sometimes Before when I couldn't get my hands on some harder stuff, I would take basically any pills I could find, so this is a huge plus, that they don't make you take a substitute drug to get you off drugs. I really felt very clean and stable after the program, and I still am! Its been a couple of weeks that I am back, and I am proudly sharing with everyone I am clean, it worked. Hard work pays out. Thank you to all of you who work there, all case managers, and all the other staff, with your help I am happy and healthy again!

My brother was treated at Serenity rehab for his heroin addiction. I think it is needless to say that it was a bad situation. He did everything to get money to pay for his heroin, to get his daily dose, cause when he did not get it he was shaking and he was sick and and so on. He also over dosed, but this was not a shocking thing since that happens a lot with addicts, but thanks god he realized that this can not go on like this endlessly, I was not ok with it neither our parents, so it was time for hard measures and big changes, so there is came Serenity. It seemed like a good fit for him, with all the different programs that they offered, and it also looked like a nice place, he liked it we liked it so there he went. They kept us updated about his progress, and they told us how it is going and where he is at with the detox and so on. The center was very correct, the staff who were in contact with us were very professional, they kept they word on everything they promised us. When he came back after like 40-45 days, I am not sure exactly, he was of course off drugs, and he was very positive and full of goals and he know what he wanted to do. He said too that the staff members were all very nice to him, and even though he was sometimes a bit aggressive, and annoyed they still stayed very professional, and they still were helping him to get thorough his program. He said that it changed many things in his thinking the program, he understood many things, about how the drugs function, and how to avoid those situations that drove him to use, and how to deal with them. He saw it was an escape from other issues that he did not deal with before. He said the place then room he was is was nice too, the food was good, so the accommodation were comfortable, sufficient for a rehab. And he actually enjoyed it a lot after he was trough the rough beginning. I would say to other to check this place out, maybe it can help you.

I totally rcommend this place for those wanting real help! All of the staff members are very competent in what they are doing. The minute you step in you know you are in good hand, even though, you feel stranger and very sick at the beginning, they are gonna be with you through all the steps, to make sure you get the most help possible. You of course starts with the detox, they have their own detox center btw, and this is really hard, but they give you things to take so its easier on you. After you are done there, you gonna start your program, which is like personalized, that means like you can choose certain things that are part of the program. Like you can choose some things and maybe if there is something that you do not like and you do not want to do because I don't know like before you did and you didn't like, they not gonna force it on you. I was like that too, there was a program step i really disagreed and the gave me an other option, so that was cool. They still take into consideration your thoughts, and it is so not like you are closed in some hospital or something, it is quite free and you get to like learn how to be more responsible in lie and so on. The program itself I feel like it really helped me to get off drugs, but mainly to understand certain things in my life that drive me to the point where I was very deep in my life, very dark and I was using and other things, and I feel like I am a new person now, like really different than how I was when I arrived at Serenity, if you would have met me before, you wouldn't believe that it was me. One thing that really helped me enormously was the music therapy class. I have been close to music all my life more or less, I used to play on a guitar and piano, but of course I abandoned it, and it was so magic to find it again, it was just like treasure. It really did help me through those rough patches when I was ready to abandon everything and continue with my bad life. Thankfully they didn't just let me pack up, they helped me out a lot, and persuaded me to stay and continue and the music was enormous part of that. It made me feel myself again, that little girl who used to be all happy and smiling. Now I can honestly say that I am again that little girl who is all happy and smiling. This is thanks to Serenity, you guys gave me and my family back that little girl!

Serenity Point Recovery provides exaggerations, disappointment and that feeling of "this is it?" as a temporary living facility but complete failure as a recovery program. Perfect for any addict that wants to go to rehab because the only high thing causing a problem in his life is his tolerance and needs a few months. But not so perfect for the person really in need of and is ready to get help, it's actually a really really bad idea for that individual. Serenity Point Recovery is a joke.

I was really pleased with my experience and my interaction with Serenity Point Recovery. I myself did not attend treatment at this rehab center, but I actually found this center for a friend and close loved one to go to. I say friend but he is more of a brother to me. My friend had been struggling with alcoholism off and on for about twenty years. He had tried many different approaches to addressing drug and alcohol addiction, but nothing seemed to work for him. He just kept hitting a brick wall with his drinking, and no rehab center that he went to seemed to be able to help him effectively. I have helped other people who struggled with addiction in the past to overcome their crisis issues, so I was confident I could help my friend overcome his. It was not easy, and just convincing him to give rehab one more try was the hardest part of them all. I had been in contact with Serenity for some time before I finally got him to agree to go to treatment, and they were very supportive and helpful the whole time. Once he was in treatment at Serenity, he and his counselors kept in close touch with me. This really assuaged my concerns about him, and sure enough when he came out of treatment its like he was an entirely different person. That was over a year ago, and he has been clean and sober ever since. I have Serenity to thank for his sobriety and for his abstinence. Thank you!

I don’t think I can adequately express how much better I feel since going to Serenity Point Recovery. I don’t just feel better since I’m not taking pain pills anymore. I feel amazing. Body, mind and soul. Serenity was the 5th rehab I’d been to and I was losing hope that I would ever be off drugs completely. When I started using pain pills I didn’t think I would get addicted to them. I started just using them on the weekend or when I had a bad day. It took over a year for me to get to the point where I was using every day and couldn’t function without them. The first rehab I went to wasn’t really a rehab. It was just a detox. I thought since I didn’t want to be on the pills that if I just got some help getting off them I would be okay. That wasn’t the case though and I started using almost right after I left the detox. The next rehab I went to was an actual rehab and I knew by that time that I really needed a rehab. I hated it there though. The place just felt gross and I didn’t like the people working there. I felt like I was being judged the whole time and found lacking the whole time I was there. It didn’t make for a good recovery environment for me and though I did the whole program there I started using almost right away again. When my parents found Serenity the place looked like a good place. I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel when I got there but I was willing to try it. I liked the different programs approach that they had there. Before I went that was the reason I decided to try it. Each rehab I had been to before had the same kind of program and it wasn’t working for me. Rehabs and addicts are like puzzle pieces. You have to find the right rehab to go with the addict or it just doesn’t work. Because of the different programs at Serenity you can find the program that works for you. If it weren’t for the people working there though that wouldn’t work as well as it does I don’t think. The staff there are so incredible. Everyone working there wants to be there helping people. You aren’t being judged there for the things that you’ve done and no one thinks less of you for getting addicted. In addition to the program I did I also did the art therapy and music therapy. Those two classes are awesome. Sometimes, it just easier to work through some stuff that way. I also did yoga there and I didn’t realize how helpful it could be until I did it. Every day after I started yoga was easier to get through. I was able to concentrate more and in general I just felt better. Going off the property on the weekends is wonderful. Going to do things with your friends and having fun. You learn how much fun you can have without drugs and realize how great your life can be. I’ve finished my program at Serenity and I still feel amazing. I have a purpose for my life now where before I was just sort of existing. Going to Serenity has made me see what I want my life to be like and what I need to do in order to have that life. I love my life again and I can’t say how great that feels.

DO NOT send your loved one here i was at this place a couple days ago but left due to many things not adding up to what the person i talked to on the phone said. First of all the guy i talked to said i was covered by my insurance 100% well i got ahold of my insurance and they said i am NOT covered! I was there 5 days shared a toilet with 8 people i complained about cleanines of toilet many times to staff nothing was never done nor did they let me clean it, it looked like it had not been cleaned for many weeks!!! Same with showers very dirty i did not take a shower while i was there it was gross!!! Food was not good staff chose their favorites and let them get away with many things!!!...I feel i was taken advantage of financially wich is sad for the circumstances i am going through as an addict. U recommend you look at a diffrent facility not run by or affiliated by this company

My stay with Serenity was great.This is a wonderful facility, its actually incredible center. This facility has truly helped me so much. It's very well kept the rooms are so nice they have different activities to do there while they help you through your recovery as I have said. The environment is so nice and peaceful. They have different programs there to help you get clean and your life back together again. The staff members all seem so nice and caring. They are all so passionate at giving you the help you need to get cleaned your life back on track. They have great activities to keep you busy. It’s a great place to heal and get your life back on track. They offer programs that suit you. The staff members are all so great. If you or a love one is looking for a great place to get clean I would recommend serenity recovery. I should mention that I have also been to different centers but serenity is by far the best. The best well incredible thing that I love is that they use the holistic approach to rehab, they help people to overcome their addiction without the use of drugs, and that is amazing. You get the concept that in order for someone to be able to recover from an addiction it is not enough just to go through withdrawal, actual healing of the person, mental healing and learning needs to take place. Medication-free treatment would involve no medication at all. While withdrawal might be severe, it might also have shorter duration in a medication-free treatment program. The environment is so beautiful and peaceful. I would highly recommend this center if you or a love one are trying to get their life back one track.

The place deservse all the 5 stars. I have to really be honest, I really never though that this place can do anything for me, and I was so sceptical about it, what can some vitamins do for someone, and sauna and so on. Inwas like what the heck, I can not loose much anymore, so I gave it a try anyways, against all my scepticism, and I am really happy that I did. First came the detox, that is not a walk in the park, but the staff are so incredibly nice and helpful, and the nurses too. They take you off all of the meds, and they help you with vitamins and stuff, so even there was a girl who was on like some strong psych meds, and now she is off and she is doing well. Totally didnt't need those pills. They are amazing, so they rrally helped me through the probably hardest part of the program, I am it was like really hard, without them I do not think that I have ever made it, I was gonna give up in like no time, so thank you for that! It is so important that you do a good detox, and you have the right people help you, because hinestly I was gonna leave, I was so gonna leave, they persuaded that I don't. I was eally not thinking that in a months and a half I will be clean and off drugs and stuff. I was just hell no. So if you are thinking, if this pkace is for you, than yes it is because they gonna get you through the detix and the prigram, and they really gonna help you and they really gonna get you to be off drugs. The program that follows was really great too. My case managee was great, very very understanding and got what I wanted and what were my issues, and based on that I got quite a personnalised program. I was very happy about that, cause they were so professional and cared that I got out of this mess, and they didn't want me to give up and leave just how I came in. I mean I am completely a changed person, and I can thank them a lot for that! Of course you got to work too and really do tge orogram, and pu maximum effort into it, and try to focus. But it is nt that hard, cause you are in a great environment where that is the only thing you have to focus on. I really only see this option for anyone to detox. The food is okay and the place is okay too. Its not like amazing, but it's sufficient for a rehab. The main point that I am trying to say is that the results are the only things that count. After all thats why i went there, not to be on soma vacation. So yes its a 5 star for they rehab services.

When I was looking for a new drug rehabilitation center to send my daughter after she relapsed this last time a friend of mine suggested Serenity Point Recovery. She had sent her daughter there a year before and her daughter was still clean and doing really well. I ended up speaking to her daughter a little and she told me some of the things the program offered and I was really impressed with all the different things they offer there in order to help their clients not just get off drugs but help them change their life completely. Her daughter seemed so happy and told me that going to Serenity helped her to see that she didn’t need the drugs she was on to be happy. That was a big thing for me and I immediately tried to get my daughter to treatment there. It took a while to get her to agree to go but she finally did. She also agreed to really do the program there and get everything out of it that she could. The staff there were really good about staying in touch with me about how my daughter was doing on her program and if she was having any problems. It was such a difference from the other programs she had gone to where it was impossible to get in touch with any of the case workers. My daughter had a couple problems throughout her program but honestly that’s to be expected. If she just breezed through the whole thing it would have concerned me more. Since she’s been home after graduating her program she’s done extremely well. Most of my fears about her relapsing were allayed right away. When she got home she immediately started going to her meetings and looking for work. When she did get a job, she didn’t mess up there and is still working at the same place. She’s doing wonderful and it’s amazing seeing my daughter this happy again.

My son needed help when he went to Serenity Point Recovery. He needed help with more than his addiction. The longer my son's drug addiction went on the more closed off and introverted he became. By the time he went to treatment he wouldn't talk to anyone but his sister. I've been really worried about him for a really long time now and I wasn't able to do anything about it because he wouldn't talk to me. I was worried that he was going to try to hurt himself but was told by my daughter that they had talked about that and he had assured her that he wasn’t going to. When he finally went to Serenity it was a relief. I’ve been so worried about him for so long that it was huge just knowing he was in a safe place where he could get clean and start his life again. Serenity helped him with more than just his drug addiction. They helped him become more comfortable with himself and helped him learn how to talk to people. The first time he called me from Serenity was great. I could hear the smile in his voice when he was talking and he was excitedly telling me about all the different things he had been doing and the people there and the stuff he was currently working on, how great the staff were. It went on and on and I was so happy by the time he finished telling me everything. He needed a place where he could really heal. Throughout his program at Serenity he became more and more personable and until now where he can talk to someone he hasn’t met yet and feel comfortable enough to have a whole conversation. Since he’s been home he’s been doing really well. He’s talking to and meeting new people. He has much better control over his life and what goes on in it. I’m proud of how much he’s accomplished since going to Serenity. Everything he’s learned on his program has really stuck with him. He’s doing so well and having Serenity be the place my son went to when he needed help was the absolute right decision for him.

I've work here and see everything that goes on. This is not a good place to send your loved one. The staff is manipulative and unprofessional. They also have a bad habit of telling you what you wish to hear just to get your loved one enrolled here. This includes telling you that your insurance covers the stay, even when it doesn't. I have seen at least 10 people either leave because they found out or call back enraged because they were assured that their stay was covered by their insurance when it wasn't leaving them with well over $12k in bills. The staff chooses favorites and picks and chooses which rules to enforce with each individual... So if you love your child,husband, wife, cousins, whatever the case don't send them here.

The worst, unorganized, immature, farce of a rehab ive ever seen....Staff are either complicity deceitful , or obtusely ignorant I still dont know... Many friends I met in there had a hard time leaving even when course was complete. Food and accomodations are totally fraudulent compared to website. they... bill the insurancd Companies they work with a lot and lie about providing a way home. I'd write more but this will probably never see the light of day.

The person my daughter has become since going to Serenity is beyond anything I could have hoped for. My daughter went to Serenity because my husband and I decided that until she had gone to and completed a treatment program we wouldn’t allow her to come see her daughter who has been living with us since my daughter got hooked on drugs. It wasn’t an easy decision by any means but we both felt that she wasn’t going to change until she had to. Though my granddaughter has been living with us we have never kept her away from her mom. Once a week when my daughter was clean she would come spend the night so she could be with her daughter. The longer this went on however the more unsure we were if she was going to come that week or if she would be getting high. It wasn’t good for anybody but my granddaughter most of all so we decided she wouldn’t be allowed back until she had gone through a rehab program. When my daughter first left to go to Serenity she had the idea that it would be an easy thing to do in order stay in her daughter’s life. I knew she would have a pretty rough time at first because though our granddaughter has been living with us her mom never went very long without seeing her daughter. I was right about that. A couple weeks after getting there was when she started having trouble and wanting. At Serenity, they have people working there who have been addicted to drugs and have gotten themselves clean. I was skeptical about this at first but it was one of the staff members who had overcome their own addiction that help my daughter realize that she couldn’t do the program just to be able to see her daughter but that she needed to do the program for herself so that she could have a better life. After that is when my daughter really started to change. She started looking at things they talked about in their groups on a personal level and what she needed to do in her life. Though she did have bad days every once in a while when she was at Serenity for the most part she went through her program fairly smoothly. She came home for a couple months after completing in the program and it was amazing to see how much she had really changed while she was there. We didn’t go see her while she was at Serenity and so seeing the changes in her appearance and demeanor was drastic. She’s back at Serenity now, working there to help people the same way she was helped and she’s planning on going back to school to get a degree in counseling so that she came be of even more help. It really amazes me almost on a daily basis how much better my daughter is doing since going to Serenity. She’s working on getting everything set up so that her daughter can start living with her again. I am forever indebted to the Serenity program and the people working at that facility for giving my daughter her life back and making it possible for my granddaughter to grow up living with her mom instead of her grandparents.

Going to Serenity Point Recovery has changed my life in such amazing ways. Because of the help I got and the changes I went through at Serenity I am working towards getting my daughter back for good. So many times, I tried to get clean so that I could raise my own daughter and just be with her while she’s growing up. Whether it was just trying to get clean by myself or going to just a detox it didn’t work. So badly I wanted to get clean and actually stay clean. You would think it wouldn’t be hard to not use drugs when you have a kid. There is a very good reason to not use and yet I couldn’t do it. Not because I didn’t want to stay clean, I felt almost like I just couldn’t stay clean and it killed me to not be able to do something this important for my daughter. My parents have been really great about everything with my daughter. While they wouldn’t hesitate to take her if I was using when I was clean for any length of time they wouldn’t stop me from seeing her or anything like that. The last time I relapsed my parents told me that I needed to go to a rehab and finish the program or they wouldn’t let me be around my daughter at all whether I was clean or not. I was the wake-up call I needed to get myself the help I really needed. When I found Serenity Point Recovery and showed the place to my parents they were really impressed with the whole place and agreed to send me there. I’m not going to tell you that for me everything was sunshine and unicorns once I got there. It wasn’t. I had a really hard time when I first got there. I have never been away from my daughter for that long before. I had a pattern before I went to Serenity. I would be clean for a week, go spend the night or weekend with my parents so I could stay with my daughter. I would leave on Sunday night or Monday morning and 3 hours after I left I would be in pretty rough shape mentally. Years ago, my parents and I agreed that until I was clean for over a year and doing well I wouldn’t be able to stay there for more than 2 days in a row. They were fearful of me bringing drugs in their house and with my daughter there it wasn’t something they were willing to risk just to give me a better shot of staying clean. I understood this and so when I had been clean for 2 weeks I would stay with them for a night or the weekend. I would be clean for a couple months going to see my daughter every weekend but it would get harder and harder to stay clean and eventually I would relapse. I would use drugs for a week to a week and a half and that would be it. I’d get myself clean or go to a detox and 2 weeks later I’d see my daughter. This had been going on for years before I went to Serenity. So being away from my daughter for the time it took to go through my program at Serenity was really had. After the first 2 weeks I was a complete and total mess. I wanted to go home, I wanted to see my daughter and I wanted to leave. One of the counselors talked with me for hours and during that time I was able to come to the decision on my own that I needed help. Not for my daughter’s sake or my parent’s sake but because I needed to be clean for me. That was the point where everything changed for me. The groups I would go started to be more about me and what I needed to do to change my life so that I could be happy and healthy. I put all of my energy into getting everything possible out of the program I was doing so that I could live the life I wanted. And now, I am living the life I want to live. I have been clean for 4 months now which is the longest I have stayed clean. When I go see my daughter I don’t leave my parent’s house a mental case. I hate leaving my daughter but I know I am doing what I need to be doing right now. My parents are really impressed with how well I have been doing and we have started talking about me spending more and more time at their house. They took away the rule that I couldn’t stay for more than 2 days and it’s been really nice earning their trust back and being able to stay with my daughter for more and more time. I know what I’m doing is right for me and my daughter and it was because of the help I got a Serenity that I can do all of this.

this place is a joke! I just left this place and it was a lie from day one of when I talked to them on the phone! what they said on the pone was completely different than it really is! most of the people that work there are there just for the money they don't care about the people there at all! the case manager I had called my family and lied about everythimg trying to get me to stay for a extra month and a half! and they wanted me to call my work that didn't know I was in rehab and they talked my mom into calling my work cause I would not call them! I WOULD NOT GO HERE I WOULD FIND A DIFFERENT ONE THAT WILL TREAT YOU BETTER THIS PLACE IS A JOKE! I ended up going to a different place that was much much better than this place they wont even make sure you get home if you finish the program you have to pay and figure all that out on your own!! I would think twice before sending you loved one here cause they will be treated like crud.

I love who I’ve become since I got to Serenity. I have been on and off pain pills since I was 20 and I couldn’t seem to find a way to just stop taking them. With every rehab before when I would finish my program and come home I would have the best of intentions. After a while though it would feel like I was holding off on relapsing for as long as I could instead of just living my life while remaining drug free. Going to Serenity and doing the program there felt completely different from the start. The place was really nice and I was able to actually enjoy myself while I was there. I started doing yoga while I was there. It started with me just doing the class because I was a bit bored and wanted a break in the day. It ended up being so much more though. I really enjoyed the yoga classes and have kept doing yoga since then. It’s amazing to me how much such a simple thing really helped me. Every time I went to a yoga class I was more clear headed and my focus throughout the day was much better. One of the things that I’ve always hated about going to rehab is that I always gain too much weight. It doesn’t seem like such a big deal and most people come to rehab pretty underweight and need to gain that weight back. That’s always been the case for me as well. Whenever I’ve left a rehab though I was at the least 10 pounds overweight and I hated it. A lot of the rehabs I’ve been to don’t have very good food. The food at Serenity though? So good. The weight I gained there was weight that I needed to gain. The food there was healthy and made really well. That along with the exercise I did there ensured that I when I finished the program I was just healthy. When I finished my program I felt good about myself which has really helped me continue to stay clean. The whole time I was at Serenity I was able to get help from the people working there whenever I needed help. The staff there will take time out of their day just to make sure you’re doing alright and that you have everything you need. I loved being able to talk to a staff member who has their own experiences with drug addiction. It makes it so much easier to talk about things that normally you wouldn’t want to because you know that they understand completely and won’t judge you for the things you’ve done. I’m happier now than I have been in so long and I owe it to the staff and the program at Serenity. It’s pretty fantastic to feel this good about myself and where I am in life.

I have been to every kind of rehab there is and this one is the best. A big shout out to all those wonderful people who helped me overcome methadone. Thanks to 15 individuals in particular, and all the other wonderful staff who are 100% dedicated to our recovery.

My daughter has recently graduated from her program at Serenity Point Recovery. She’s doing so much better now. It’s pretty amazing to see how much she’s changed in such a short amount of time. When my daughter went to Serenity she had been on heroin for a little over a year and hadn’t gone through any rehab before. I was extremely relieved when she finally agreed to get help. My daughter had been on heroin for a little over a year and in that time she went from being a sweet, happy girl to someone who was mean and honestly pretty hateful most of the time. A couple weeks after she got to Serenity she called me crying, saying she hated it there and that she wanted to come home. Promised to do whatever I wanted her to do, go to meetings, whatever I wanted. Her father and I had decided that we wouldn’t help her leave rehab. So neither of us agreed to let her come home to either of our houses. She probably would’ve still left had the staff there not convinced her that she truly needed the program and that she couldn’t get clean and stay clean without some serious help. So, she decided to stay and that was the point where everything changed for her. She started taking everything more seriously and working hard to get everything out of her program that she could. I’m so grateful to those staff members who helped convince her to stay. Without them I have no idea where my daughter would be but it definitely wouldn’t be anywhere good. One of the things that helped with that was that some of the people working there have had to overcome their own struggles with addiction. When she was trying to leave no matter what I said to her all she would say was that I didn’t understand what she was going through because I have no idea what it’s like to addicted to heroin. She’s right, I don’t have any idea what it feels like to be on heroin or what the detox off of it is like. The staff that convinced her to stay however, they did know what it was like and so my daughter actually listened to them. It made a difference to her to know that some of the staff she worked her on her program knew what she was going through and had overcome their own struggles with addiction. My daughter now is doing really well. She’s been home for a while now and hasn’t had any relapses. She got a job and is doing really well with it. She’s makes it there on time and does her work well. I wouldn’t wish for any parent to have to go through what I went through with a child that’s addicted to some substance. However, if you do find yourself in that position Serenity Point Recovery is where you should send them. It’s a place that can and will help them.

Very unprofessional facility, the administrators hired to run this place are not accountable nor reachable.....we have tried calling for 2 straight days regarding an issue with out child and since we are not in agreement over her care they spiteful do not return our calls, even though our child says they are there. They also tell our child one thing and tell us something totally different. This place better get it together.

Worst rehab center I have ever dealt with...call and say your child is being medically discharged come get her or well drop her off. please never send any one there.

Son was kicked out with no call or notice provided to me. Dropped off at Grand Rapids airport Still no callback, etc. I called 4 times Was not even aware their was a problem, the case worker called me two days prior Dumping addicts without notifying family seems pretty counter productive I hope someone contacts ASAP!

This is a wonderful facility, its actually incredible center. I have been to a few different once but serenity is by far the best. The facility is so beautiful and very neat which shows that the staff members are very competent in what they are doing. I love the food choices as well , it’s very important to eat a well-balanced healthy meal while you in recovery. Your diet plays a big role in your mental well being. It’s pretty cool that they have a lot of activities as well it distract you and to help you relax between I love that they have the music room as I believe music can heal your soul. If you are struggling with drug problems this place is the best to go for help! I think it’s quite amazing that we live in a world where people can get help when they needed. This facility has truly helped me so much. It's very well kept the rooms are so nice they have different activities to do there while they help you through your recovery as I have said. The environment is so nice and peaceful. They have different programs there to help you get clean and your life back together again. The staff members all seem so nice and caring. They are all so passionate at giving you the help you need to get cleaned your life back on track. So if you or a love one are struggling with a drug addiction or alcohol I would check this center out.

they do not offer vegetarian meals everyday. and although this does not effect me, it affects others

The only issue or concern would be that everything in here is on an individual basis when in all reality everyone should have the same treatment/rules. The staff likes to give a half answer or beat around the bush instead of saying that they really don't know the answer, instead of having us run around without purpose. The food was ok but they should work on cooking it better some of the food is questionable for consumption in my opinion. The treatment effectiveness was very well they teach you plenty of tools and explain why we do what we do as an addict.

I feel great have been this time in Serenity Point because now I have my life back

Serenity Point has gave me a second chance at life. I have gained a lot of tools for my recovery.

It gets greater later!!!

This place is paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

I was put on a low sodium low calorie diet. One of the staff members makes me a great dinner now but my diet has been not very good here. Not that the food is bad, it just isn't low sodium. I did get an AC in my room so it made it much more enjoyable. Until then it was not good.

I enjoyed my stay here at Serenity the positive people out weigh the negative. I was upset that the staff was changed so much throughout my stay.

The Native American 12 Step program that this facility offers helped bring me back in touch with my spirituality, which I believe will be my saving grace. I also love most staff members at this facility.

My stay at Serenity was an awesome experience that helped me out tremendously. The staff was amazing. I came into Serenity Point with absolutely nothing & ended up walking out with everything. I now have the tools & knowledge to confront anything that crosses my path. I recommend taking ACC as a core class. And remember to DRINK THE COOLAID! :D

This was a wonderful place and the staff for the most part was very nice and professional. I will say do not trust that any paperwork is completed for you if that say they will take care of it. If you need an FMLA completed make sure it is done before you go. If you need outpatient setup do it yourself or it will likely not get done. After you leave you are not going to get any help and they will appear to be petty about it. A program director is great and should running the encino location. Most program directors are not worth a darn things besides this one.

Serenity Rehabilitation has completely saved my life! I wouldn’t have ever thought that I could have turned my life around, especially in such a short period of time. I went through such a difficult time and I want to let everyone know my story and how easy it is for you to completely lose control of your life and to prove that change is possible, no matter the situation. I know this is long, but please hear me out. Growing up I had it all; perfect house, perfect clothes, perfect car, amazing friends, well pretty much anything I wanted I got without question really. Yes, I know, I was considered a “spoiled brat”. Although, material things aren’t everything that I thought they were when I was growing up. My mom and dad owned their own attorney firm, so money was never an issue. I was a popular Junior in High School and always had the best parties. I would normally throw parties on the weekends when my parents left for the weekend. My parents never cared about what I did. They weren’t around much because of work. So I felt like I raised myself most of the time. One Friday, I remember like it was yesterday, my parents texted me and told me that they were leaving and would be back on Tuesday. I told my friends and we quickly decided to send out a mass text of the people we were inviting over. We had my friends brother buy us some alcohol that would last us the night and we went to the store to get some snacks. While we were there I met him in the checkout line. He was so dreamy, and by the time we were done, I invited him to the party at my house and he said he wouldn’t miss it. I was so excited! Friends started showing up, music was going and people seemed to be having a good time. I was nervous about the guy coming, I mean, all I really knew about him was that he was so hot! When he got here, we had a great time, dancing, talking, taking shots. We went up to my room, and he pulled out a lighter and a blunt, and lite it up. He hit it, and handed it over to me. Not wanting to look like a loser to the guy I just met, I did from there on out we hung out all the time. One day when we were hanging out at his friend’s house, they asked him if we were down and he said yes. This was the day I started shooting up Heroin. One time was all it took. Life started going downhill. Then about 7 months later, my mom walked in on me shooting up in my room and instantly was looking up rehabilitations and came across Serenity Rehabilitation. Serenity was the one place that didn’t look like I was being sent to a hospital or a joke rehab that people are court ordered to go too to receive “help”. My case manager was a HUGE INSPIRATION! Still being in high school when my addiction happened and having to come to rehab, I was too embarrassed to go back to school and they got me set up with my online GED testing, taught me work skills, and even better than all of that. I finally had a normal loving relationship with my parents. I have met so many people that have been just like me and will forever be family too me. I couldn’t begin to thank everyone for dealing and helping me in such a horrible time in my life. Nor will I ever fall into the trap of PEER PRESSURE! I will forever stand tall and stay drug and alcohol free!

Great facility, awesome staff and love the bonds I made at Serenity! 76 days clean!

The website and reality are 2 different things. Feels like medium. Anticipated starting program now on day nine. Flew me in promised to waive deductible in writing. Never received that in writing. Promised to fly me out but that is yet to be determined. Not happy, wife in Ks not happy. 10 minute restricted phone privilege. No access to cell. Wife is ready to drive 12 hours and pick me up.

Serenity Point Rehab looks the place you would like to go if you had problems with drugs or alcohol. This place looks so friendly and cozy I think the patients feel good about themselves during the rehab. It`s not like you`re in the Hospital and you just wait for the last day of your program. And I think that`s the key you have to feel good at the place you`re recovering and it`s going to be successful. At Serenity Point it is possible. They also offer many different therapies the patients can choose from. And at this facility the patients not just wait for the doctors to help them they have to do something for their own healing. I thing that is and excellent idea that teach them how to stay on their feet after they finish the program and they go back to their life outside the facility`s wall.

I truly believe that Serenity Point Recovery is a rock solid option for any recovering addict to look at. The program is absolutely amazing not only in regards to getting one off to a good, clean start on the road to life without the abuse of drugs and alcohol, but it also offers an experience that i believe many other programs that drug rehabilitation facilities lack. The staff are very well trained in their positions to tend to the every need of their clients, the facility is absolutely stunning and the area surrounding the campus is breath taking. I truly believe one should consider Serenity Point Recovery as a strong option in their arsenal on the road to recovery.

This place seriously changed my. I have struggled with addiction since i was 18 year old as well as anxiety and depression from losing my mother and father on back to back years. I ended up getting caught up in drugs and they nearly took my life. Some of the reviews I've read on here are shocking, because this place is amazing. I noticed during my stay that people that didn't want to be there and didnt want to get clean who's parents made them come had this negative attitude and would complain about everything. I quickly got away from those people because negative brought negative. I went in with an open mind and was so tired and fed up with my life I WANTED to be there and to change. The staff was amazing.. One staff member in particular is a great guy who helped me so much. I really enjoyed the different options, especially the music program. Thank U Serenity for saving my life. I will forever be greatful for you!!

I would like to highly recommend Serenity Point Rehab to anyone who`s looking for a place to go and get the special help with a drug addiction. The staff at serenity really know what they`re doing and they are very careful and well trained. My friend went there after he tried other facilities that didn`t work for him. But finally he found Serenity and now his life`s changed and he`s happier then ever. He couldn`t have gone to a better place than Serenity Point. So if you or your loved one need help with any addiction don`t hesitate to go to this facility and ask for help. They`ll help you!

I would highly recommend Serenity Point Rehab to anyone who`s struggle with drugs. This place is beautiful, friendly and cozy. I think this is the place where everybody should turn into who need help with their addiction. They have many activities the patients can choose from music to exercising. Everybody can find a hobby that fits in their lifestyle and they can continue it after they complete the program and leave the facility. Serenity Point also has faith based-holistic program which is truly works out and helped so many people to stay on their feet after rehab. Serenity Point Rehab`s staff is well trained and they`re really care about the patients how they feel what they think. Not just giving them the medicine and keep them in their room, this place is different. They make sure that the patients are ok even after they left the facility not just put them outside the gates and do whatever you want to do... Nice place with nice workers!

This place is a joke. They say they will take you to the airport, only to tell you at 4:30pm on the evening before that there is a transport fee.... which was never discussed when you came. Nothing was ever signed stating this. The employees may be nice, but you are forced to go to groups even when you are sick... There is way to many clients. Clients check your room each morning, which to me isn't acceptable. Almost all of the staff live there, and they are given the better rooms. There are no queen beds- due to employees getting them. There are also 6 phones for 200 clients and you can only use between 5-6 and 8-10. The lines for the phones are ridiculous. You have to wait 30mins to make a 10min call... then go get back in line just to finish you conversation. seriously stay awaY

Having experienced what it's like to have a family member with alcoholism, to a point that depression and many other bad feelings "attack" and destroy careers, marriage, life itself and cannot be joyful, having the initiative, the patience, and place to sleep and be away of all this turmoil, plus the staff that dedicates themselves to making you feel more than at home, as a part of a group, a big group. And of course, a treatment plan that does not involve pseudos, makes a huge difference in rehab programs. I hope they keep doing well and I thank you for being there for us.

I am a employee at serenity (security)and I have seen a change with the clients when they first arrive in detox and within 2 weeks I see a complete change in their physical appearance as well as they're emotional and once they enter the 12 steps class I see that they are actually getting excited to work on themselves and wanna change there habits.

I'm an employee currently at Serenity Point Recovery. I've been employed here for two months and over that small period of time I've seen people grow so much, body, mind and soul. It's kind of amazing to watch someone change so drastically in such a short amount of time. I believe it's got a lot to do with the ACC program and our staff. Many of which have graduated the same program, from one of our sister facilities.

Serenity Point Recovery is the MOST holistic treatment facility anywhere...from the research I have conducted. They provide SUPERIOR SERVICES, the Staff is there to help, They go ABOVE and BEYOND TO help you!! If someone does not know the answers to your question, they WILL point you in the right direction or will fimd oyt your answers, WITHOUT making you feel that you are a "bother." They will NOT leave you hanging. Their goal as a 5eam is to see you succeed.

Serenity Point Rehab is the right place to go and receive special help with your drug addiction. This is the place where you get healthy and clean and beside that you can discover yourself with Serenity`s activity. They offer many many good things to let the patients find themselves or find a hobby or just find something they can find their happiness with it. This is the place where you have to help yourself as well not just wait on the doctors to give you the medicines. And I like it a lot, because when you finish their program and go home. You`re may going to feel alone and lost the doctors are not going to be there for you. So that`s what Serenity teaches you during the rehab. Check this place out if you or your loved one need any help with addiction.

My sister in law recently graduated from Serenity and she couldn't be happier. She is healthy, clean and sober. Serenity handled all aspects of her addiction, not just the physical. They treated her with nothing but understanding and compassion. She especially loved the creative outlets this facility provides. Looking at her now, she is not even the same person I've known all these years. She seems so happy and even her face looks better. Serenity saved her life and her marriage to my brother. I would recommend Serenity for anyone looking to help a loved one get clean from the harmful effects that drugs and alcohol have on a person.

Looks like a great place when you are in need of help. The building is amazing well kept and clean , staff members are well trained and full of compassionate. I like all the different programs their offer to their patient because what works with one does not work with others.It also shows to the patient that they can still have their freedom of choice. I love love the music therapy! I really believe that music can heal you if applied in the right way. The provided food looks amazing too , well balanced and healthy and a lot of choices. I think its important that create an enviroment where the patient do not feel like they are in a prison but more like on a holiday where they can also get rid off their addiction. This place looks like a paradise , I for sure will recommend it to my friends and family. If you need help please do not be afraid to contact with them. We must spread the word to the world about this Rehab center as we need more people like that to help those who need it.

I personally know a graduate of Serenity, and he is literally a new person after completing a month-long program. New confidence, new purpose, new friends. This facility was a lifesaver for him, after being in and out of other places and programs his entire grown-up life. It was very hard seeing him leading a self-destructive life and I felt helpless seeing the desperation of his family. I am grateful for Serenity for giving them a second chance!

I was a patient at SPR for 4 months. In the 2 years prior to this, I underwent treatment on 4 seperate occasions at the best rehabs in the Midwest. I still couldn't maintain my sobriety. I hated it when I first arrived, just like everybody else. I was made comfortable by the tremendous staff, and dealt with the withdrawals the best I could. I was encouraged to attend classes and did this half-heartedly. Then something amazing happened. I started to heal. I started to listen and reflect on the core reason of my addiction, "why do I keep doing what I do?". In all of my past treatment, I never understood the importance of this question. The facilitators and staff; case managers and therapists didn't tell me the text book answer. Rather they guided me in self-discovery, this gave me ownership in my recovery, something I had never experienced before. Anyone can find negativity in any circumstance, especially an addict. It's how you overcome this is the catalyst for change. Without willingness, you make a choice to stay in this self-destructive cycle. Don't bother to come to SPR and spread seeds of negativity. This only prohibits hope in those that are there to find their passion in life for a basis built on a foundation other than drugs and alcohol. Today, I am 120 days sober and this program has saved my life.

I attended this rehab. Overall it's not bad. They have a few different choices for treatment that I liked. The art and music programs were good and the communication. I liked that no one treatment was forced on me. The accommodations were ok and generally clean. Many of the people were nice.

Do not send loved ones or anyone that you care about here. I was a patient. This was one of the most unprofessional, disorganized, and unqualified facilities I have ever been to. Most that attend this center are court ordered and/or do not care about being there. What a waste or time, money and perhaps my life. DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to this rehab. Glad I did as I an sober right now. This place was good and the staff helped me with so much. Hope that they plan some reunions with the people from the program. I made lasting relationships with people there. The staff works really hard to help you through. It's not easy becoming clean after years of abuse. They helped me through it. Thanks.

Our family has been struggling with addiction for eight years. We have tried many different options. It was always a fight. We never felt hopeful with any of the treatments we were involved in. We have always tried finding a facility that my son's father felt comfortable in. This facility looked like the perfect place for him to start his treatment. I've heard of people feeling like a different person within a few days of attending. A facility like this can give a person a feeling of hope and self worth. I'm looking forward to a drug free life for him. Getting him a job and being a productive member of society. And doing all of the things we used to enjoy doing together.

This place stinks. Staff is unorganized. Food is HORRIBLE. Some staff is very nice and understanding. And the other half of the staff is rude and doesn't care. Nurses are supposed to come and get you to tell you when your dose is while you're in detox (since you don't have clocks) and the nurses forget and are disorganized with administering doses. I was lied to on the phone and was told there was a lake, hot tub, sauna, I got a queen sized bed and my own nurse.. NONE OF THAT! I was in a room with 2 bunk beds... Staff members were also getting fired during my stay and it was so hard trying to get them to let me leave.. This place is a joke do not go here!!!

This place should be shut down. Please reconsider, i plan to notify the medical board of Grand Rapids regarding the running of this so called REHAB. I will shout this to everyone who wants to hear the truth and not the false advertising.

I like Serenity Rehab`s program. It helps people to get themselves clean and don`t fall into the same situation when they`re going back to the outside world. The staff is well trained and really cares about their patients. I Would recommend this place to anyone who`s in need.

My youngest sister has been battling with drug addiction for over 10 years. She has been in and out of programs as long as I can remember. Looking back at all of the hardships our entire family went through is still heartbreaking. Before she went to Serenity Rehab over 3 years ago, my family had very little hope. She is since out and clean, happy and living a normal lifestyle. Our family is back together and look forward to spending time as a whole. Her being an artist, the program gave her so many creative outlets to grow and work through her problems. She found lost talents that she loved exploring before drugs. She is back to herself, working out, doing art and being genuinely happy. She learned the root of her problems and how to face them without drugs. I give all the credit to her wanting to make the change and the facility and all the people who work there. It's a clean place with educated people who really care about one and other. That became her extended family. They taught her the tools and what it takes to live a clean lifestyle. I would highly recommend this program to anyone with a problem. I had lost all hope in drug rehabs until Serenity. I hope this review reaches anyone who needs help or has a loved one who needs help.

What a great place to work, to help, to guide, to help other change their life is such a positive manner! Serenity Point Recovery offers the most holistic approach to recovery. It is innovative, honest, and culturally diverse.

How much was transportation fee my fiancé just now is in a airplane to this rehab and they said it was free transportation back to the airport

All the staff here work hard and are extremely helpful. They also put all of our needs before theirs. I love all the staff!!! The program is great and a lot of fun, I enjoy all of the classes!

I visited someone at this facility lately. First of all, staff members were honest with us about how difficult the journey to get clean is, and explained how we as family members can help. I liked how many staff members are ex-addicts who have been through this struggle themselves. The facility itself is beautiful, relaxing, with many recretional options. My favorite part however is the holistic approach, which means they don't just try to handle the addiction but help the person to become healthy, confident and happy. The many success stories and the better-than-industry-average success rate is proof that this wholistic approach works.

I recently left serenity point rehab, it is not what you think it is. A few words I would use to describe S.P.R. are: unorganized, chaotic, and deceitful. During my stay there several staff members were fired. Do not go here.

i am currently employed at serenity and have worked for a few different treatment facilities and i can honestly say that this is one of the better ones that i have been at both as a student and as an employee, and i would recommend it to anyone in need of help!!

My experience here at serinity point has been life changing. This place, I believe has changed my life. I've received so much love and support. I am a firm believer in this type of recovery treatment because I am seeing great results in my life. I'm healthier mentally and physically and my emotions are coming back and I'm experiencing more peace in my life.Serinity point truly lives out its name. it's a great facility.

I must admit, starting out is hard work but it absolutely gets better with a little time. It does get easier. The staff is very caring and have helped me in many ways with any questions or concerns that I have had. Variety of programs...I attended Native American 12 step and it has helped me. Peace was all I wanted and peace is what I got. Sure, there are some kinks they need to work out but they have only been open for a few months at this point. One thing, the bunk beds need to go. We need as much comfort as possible in such a vulnerable state.

What an unprofessional environment. I was employed here for an entire week before I was let go. But man am I glad in the long run I was. Don't send your loved ones here for recovery, and certainly do not work here. This place is a mess!

If it wasn't for guys like tommy that worked at serenity point I truly don't know where I would be. I can't say enough good things about the staff here.

A Forever Recovery