Serenity View Recovery Center in Princeton, TX

(4 of 5)
3800 County Road 444
Princeton TX 75407

Serenity View Recovery Center Philosophy

Serenity View Recovery Center is located in Princeton, Texas, north of Dallas on 43 acres of beautiful land, providing a serene setting for adult men and women suffering with substance use and co-occurring disorders. The residential treatment facility offers a full continuum of care including on-site medical detox, residential, and outpatient services. The cozy, southwestern-style facility boasts an expanse of land that offers patients the tranquil splendor of peace and serenity, while offering a modern environment and all of the amenities one could need to support their journey to recovery.

• 12-Step, SMART & Celebrate Recovery
    While the 12-Step self-help approach to recovery is widely utilized in Texas, this approach does not suit everyone in treatment for addiction. Serenity View offers SMART Recovery and Celebrate Recovery as two alternatives, one based in science and the other based in Christian-faith. Having options for all treatment needs and lifestyles is an important aspect of Serenity View's individualized approach to care.

• Personal Trainers & Mind-Body Wellness
    With a state-of-the-art fitness center and gym, two personal trainers, and a dietitian on staff, patients at Serenity View will be able to develop an exercise regimen and dietary plan with one-on-one sessions to address their individual nutritional and fitness needs. Having an exercise routine in place after treatment can be lifesaving as it keeps people healthy and focused on healing while providing an outlet to deal with stressors and triggers they may encounter in day-to-day life.

Detox

Detox is often the first level of a treatment plan. This period of no drug use is important for the patient to reach a stable state of mind and body to begin addiction treatment. Our clinical staff will guide and support the patient throughout the entire process.

Residential Treatment

During residential treatment patients live onsite in housing with access to care from clinical staff 24/7. Patients have a full schedule of individual and group therapies according to their unique treatment plan, preparing them for life in recovery.

Family Therapy

Each patient will have a dedicated Family Therapist with a weekly session focused on issues related to the family, including them throughout the treatment process. Texas hosts an Intensive Family Weekend to educate the patient’s loved ones on the biology of addiction and their role in recovery with the patient joining on the last two days.

Selena Stockley

Executive Director

Selena Stockley is Executive Director at Serenity View, where she is responsible for overseeing the 40-bed facility, managing employees and ensuring the quality of patient care. She brings over 20 years of experience in various behavioral health areas that include business development, environment of care and residential care.

Prior to joining Serenity View, Selena served as the Chief Executive Officer at Rolling Hills Hospital in Ada, Oklahoma, a facility offering acute detox and residential services, which grew from 44 to 108 beds under her leadership. Before that, she worked as the Chief Operations Officer for Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health in Tulsa, Oklahoma that provided behavioral health care services to children and adolescents.

Selena is a compassionate leader who values the lessons she learns from each person she encounters and truly believes in the value of serving others. She earned her bachelor's degree from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin.

Manoela Denman, MD

Medical Director

Manoela Fonseca Denman, MD, is the Medical Director of Serenity View and is a Board Certified Psychiatrist who has been active in the field of behavioral health for nearly two decades. As Medical Director, Dr. Denman oversees the quality of care for patients and manages the medical staff, ensuring that the treatment programs are exceeding clinical standards.

Dr. Denman is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish and completed her Residency in Psychiatry (2014) and a Fellowship in Child Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2016). Previously, she completed Fellowships in Psychiatric Genetics and Neuroimaging of Mood Disorders at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2006-2008). She graduated from medical school in 2001 at the School of Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil and completed her residency in psychiatry at the Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil.

ABOUT SERENITY VIEW RECOVERY CENTER

Serenity View Recovery Center, located in Princeton, Texas, provides a continuum of treatment services for adults struggling with substance misuse and co-occurring disorders. Among other options, Serenity View offers on-site detox, residential care, and partial hospitalization (PHP).

According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, in Texas, 25.1 percent of non-hospital treatment facilities offer residential programming, 8.4 percent offer detox in a residential setting, and 15.1 percent offer day treatment, or PHP.

Serenety View is a member of Meadows Behavioral Healthcare, a network of more than 10 behavioral health and addiction healthcare providers located throughout the United States. Serenety View was formerly called Sunspire Health Texas and, before that, Caron Treatment Center.

Many clients begin their stay with a one- to two-week period of detox, which is medically supervised by nurses and doctors who monitor vital signs and prescribe medication as needed. Once stabilized, clients transition to residential treatment, the duration of which is between 30 and 90 days. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 21.8 percent of non-hospital treatment facilities in Texas offer a long-term (30+ days) residential program.

During residential treatment, clients follow an individualized treatment plan that includes one-on-one counseling, group therapy, and family therapy. Counseling staff use a variety of treatment modalities, including dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Clients are introduced to 12-step and SMART Recovery models, and participate in psychoeducational workshops.

Holistic treatment is also utilized as well as spiritual support, nutrition therapy, and relapse prevention. Optional Sunday worship and weekly Bible study sessions are also offered.

The center’s PHP is typically used as step-down treatment from residential treatment. Intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment, which often follows PHP, is less intensive.

Serenity View Recovery Center maintains a staff-to-client ratio of 1:4. The interdisciplinary treatment team consists of physicians, nurses, master’s level therapists, licensed addiction counselors, a pastoral counselor, and other mental health professionals. Serenity View is one of 119 treatment facilities in Texas (27.6 percent of all rehabs) to be certified by the Joint Commission.

The 28,000 square-foot-facility is set on 43 acres of secluded Texas countryside. The rehab accommodates up to 40 residents, just under the average of 44 residents in residential treatment facilities in Texas. Clients stay in simply furnished bedrooms. The residence also features airy communal areas and outdoor lounge spaces, as well as an indoor basketball court and a fitness center, swimming pool, low ropes course, and meditation and yoga rooms.

At the time of this writing, most of the 36 alumni polled by Rehabs.com had positive opinions about their experiences. Nearly all alumni who provided high ratings noted the quality of the center’s staff, which they characterized as “excellent” and “highly skilled.

“The staff truly cared and worked hard to supply the tools to help me succeed in my journey outside their 4 walls. The therapists and counselors were amazing,” alum T. wrote in a representative review. The four alumni polled on the matter by Rehabs.com praised the aptitude of staff.

Staff Training & Experience: 4.3/5

Multiple alumni were impressed with the grounds and the living conditions. “This facility is so picturesque!” Pat wrote. The four alumni polled on specific metrics gave high ratings to exercise and leisure options, family participation, and counseling options.

Family Participation: 4.8/5
Counseling Options: 4.7/5
Exercise & Leisure Offerings: 4.5/5

Overall, alumni indicated that they would recommend the program at Serenity View.

Likelihood to Recommend: 4.8/5

Reviews on third-party review sites were also generally positive. On the facility's official Facebook page, which staff can manage, six alumni all gave five-star reviews.[1] On Google, reviews were more mixed with 23 individuals to date contributing to an average of 3.7 stars.[2]

To date, six loved ones polled by Rehabs.com had mixed opinions. In particular, feedback differed on family participation and staff experience. Though both loved ones surveyed on specific measures gave five-star ratings of family participation, alum D.M. disagreed and wrote: “Family is not wanted or apparently needed for treatment.”

However, one anonymous loved one gave high four- and five-star ratings for the facility's counseling options, cleanliness, visitor policies, as well as exercise and leisure offerings."It's an absolutely first-class facility in terms of location and amenities," they wrote.

Serenity View Recovery Center accepts plans from many private insurance companies, including Aetna, Cigna, Anthem, and Value Options. Clients may also access financing options through the center’s partnership with American Healthcare Lending. Three individuals polled on the matter all gave perfect five-star ratings for the facility's overall cost.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/SerenityViewRecovery/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on December 2018

Jessica

I called to get help for my husband that was prescribed Benzos and never abused them in his life. He needed to get off but needed medical help. Once he was admitted I was never able to get a nurse to call me back after leaving numerous messages. I had to email the family counselor who would give a message to the Psychiatrist. The Psychiatrist finally called me and asked me why I brought my husband there. I explained that his staff had said they could help. When we went for our first weekend I asked to see a list of my husbands medications and after looking at it was told that they had started a new antidepressant and he had refused to take it. This was very much out of character for him. My husband denied ever refusing anything. He also told me that a nurse told him if he tried to leave the police would be called on him. I also received a call that a twice monthly injection that was ordered for Him was given 5 days late. During the second week at the first unsupervised call my husband asked me to come get him because he was very depressed. I spoke with the Psychiatrist the next morning And i was told that he would be started on a new antidepressant and he would need to stay. I explained I was 20 min away from the facility and I would be picking him up. This was day 9 of his stay. It took over an hour for them to release him because they where brainwashing him into believing that if he left he would die or commit suicide. I am a nurse and the state I found my husband in when I picked him up was horrible. He was anxious and visible distraught. I was given a prescription for a antidepressant to be filled by me because it was never started at the facility. It is very dangerous to go through detox already. For them to stop his antidepressant added fuel to that fire. He had to sign papers to leave AMA and now I am taking care of him. The whole ride to the hotel he was talking about how they told him he may die and that he was probably going to have memory problems. He was also over medicated by the Nurse Practitioner during his detox period and ended up in the ER. This place is horrible and in my professional opinion should be closed. Mental health goes hand in hand with substance abuse and you cannot treat all patients like they are the same. Every patient is unique and the treatment should be tailored to their needs. He received one meeting with his personal counselor in a 9 day period. The rest of the time he was made to go in to group meetings which he did not do well with and that where led by recovering addicts that work there. All I can say is that I am happy I have the knowledge of a nurse to be able to take care of him. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE!!!

Jacob

Serenity view changed my life.

Patricia

I truly feel blessed to have been able to have the opportunity to recive treatment at this facility.

Jill

Sunspire was my 2nd treatment center to attend. The first treatment I went because my family saw an issue and my life was in turmoil, so I went. But that is the key if you are not ready and refuse to realize you have a problem the treatment will not work! I will say comparing the two treatment centers, Sunspire has 100% interest in treating the patient not money driven as some have said in their reviews! The small patient capacity 40 beds is what makes this facility work. The staff have more one on one opportunities to work through problems and give their experiences/advice. My other treatment center had over 200 patients (talking about being a # and collecting money that facility was about the money) The medical staff is available 24/7 and during detox your room is close to their office and they will make sure you are comfortable and taken care of during this time. It is a 12 step based program, which I will say I was not happy at first. My therapist asked me to give it a chance gave me some books to read, talked with me about deep issues I didn't realize that were still bothering me, and encouraged me to follow my faith base I grew up with. If it wasn't for her, I would not be where I am today! My faith in God is stronger than it has ever been, and I thank this facility/staff for helping me find it again! She gave me the best advice to follow after treatment and those rules are still written on my mirror after 7 months of sobriety! 5 rules to follow each day (Don’t drink, attend meetings, speak with other alcoholics, pray/meditate, sponsor)! There is family counseling and a family weekend for them to attend. The weekend gives them information on what to expect when we come home, what possible triggers we could have, also what support groups the family can attend. So, I don’t understand when families say they had no involvement with treatment! I am guessing your loved one decided not to include you on these sessions!!! Nutrition and food is great, you see a dietitian and if you have special diet needs they will go out of their way to accommodate. I need protein because of gastric bypass and they went out of their way and retrieved my protein powder and made the shakes whenever I requested them. There is a gym that has great trainers that take the time to assess you and what your goals are while staying at the facility. The equipment is up to date and the staff are there for questions with knowledge and experience. Yes there is a set schedule with classes, gym, pool, chapel, 12 step meetings (also outside the facility meetings), therapy, family therapy, and relaxation time. The reason for an intense schedule is to get the patient back to a routine, which we all know our routine before treatment was around our alcohol/drug of choice at the time. This helps the patient be ready for discharge, although at the time you feel like a child but there is a reason behind their rules/regulations of the facility. Since I mentioned discharge I will say they got out of their way to make sure you have the follow up after leaving and make sure you have the support for out patient treatment. The aftercare is there for the patient, its setup and available. We just have to use the information and follow up! Jena the alumni coordinator is always in contact and checking on me! She gives encouragement/support when needed! I can’t say enough about this program/staff! This program changed my life, my family, and my future for the better! What you put in during your treatment stay is what you leave with!! The staff is there for 100% support always you just have to open your mind to change!

Ashley

This place saved my life. The fact that most the workers are in recovery made the experience so much easier. The staff was amazing. I came in broken & left healed & with a new perspective on life. This place made me want to start living.They gave me hope & set me up w/ an amazing sober living program for after care. This facility is top notch. Also the foid was always off the chain 😂😂 I actually miss this place & all the wonderful people I crossed paths with that shared my experience.

Nicole

Was ready to quit drinking and the staff here helped guide me so well. Very lucky I had the chance to be there!

Kelly

Sunspire was a place I never imagined I would end up at. It was truly a blessing, they had the family education program that helped my husband to better understand what I was going through and in return I was able to hear his side as well. I flew in from NY and we did family counseling sessions over the phone. Some of my best friendships I have now we're made during my time at Sunspire.

Heidi

My daughter went to Sunspire and thank god she did! She was a struggling alcoholic for over 10 years. Our family was scared she was going to die from addiction. We sent her to Sunspire because we heard from a family friend how excellent the care is there. Our daughter is almost one year sober. She couldn't go longer than 3 days without drinking alcohol before she went to Sunspire for treatment. Thank you Sunspire for keeping our daughter healthy and safe! You helped save her life!

Meghan

I was going to write something up to formally share with others on social media how much Sunspire helped save my life from alcoholism! I didn't realize until now that I could leave a review. I flew down to Sunspire in Texas because I had heard it is one of the best rehab centers in the country, and after being a patient there, I can say that statement is true. Sunspire's staff was very welcoming and passionate about recovery. The first week I was there I was monitored by very skilled nurses as I detoxes from alcohol and drugs. The next 3 weeks I received excellent care and became introduced to the AA program. Sunspire provides its patients with access to both on site AA meetings and local community AA and NA meetings. Sunspire has its patients attend classes to learn about their disease and practice life skills needed to be successful at living a sober lifestyle. To be honest, I am a nurse and I received charges for disorderly conduct and assault on a police officer when I had relapsed. Attending Sunspire has helped me in keeping my nursing license! Truly life changing! One of my favorite things about Sunspire is that they provide their patients with equine therapy. I will remember the therapy session I had with those horses for the rest of my life! The most memorable part of Sunspire is their dedicated and loving staff. I am truly blessed to have met the people I did at Sunspire. The helped me with a smooth discharge. Going to rehab is a hard thing for anyone but I would absolutely go to Sunspire again in a heart beat and reccomend it to a family member or friend! The food is delicious, it is decorated beautifully, and it even has a fitness center with a swimming pool! Exceptional health care center, easily one of the best in the United States.

Gerardo

Best thing that could of ever happened to me, was coming to sunspire. I was ready to be free of my addiction. I didn't know how to handle daily stress and my addiction took over . The staff here is amazing, they made me feel welcomed,safe, comfortable, and most importantly , not alone. No one will fully understand an addict better than another addict. Thank you everyone at sunspire for teaching me how to cope with life struggles with out the need of any substance . I'm blessed to have made to sunspire and I'm proud to say I'm 4 months clean an i couldn't of done it with out you all. IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET CLEAN OR SOBER, THEN SUSNPIRE IS , in my opinion. A BLESSING IN DESGUISE. But you must want it 100%

Kyle

Sunspire is a wonderful facility, checkin in there was one of the greatest decisions i have ever made! The staff is friendly and caring. They're all about recovery, the facility is very nice ancd clean. And if you're willing they can change your life for the better! So thankful for this facility and the staff.

Nathalie

I went to treatment here and am so thankful for every single staff member that walked me through this. The amount of care each BHT possesses is beyond me. They suggested sober living and due to this I am able to say I am 4 months clean and more than blessed. Thank yall for this second chance at life!

Joe

I really would like to thank Sunspire for there help in my recovery! The staff were very professional, there was this one BHTshe was very sweet, caring and helpful. The counselors were awesome as well. I would highly recommend this treatment center to anyone seeking help

Lakesike!!! HA HA HA.. MORE LIKE lil pond..THE AMMENTIES, ARE SCHEDULED. U MIGHT GET TO DO ONE.. EVERYONE GOT THE SAME TREATMENT ACROSS THE BOARD.. I WAS THERE 1 TIME AND I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE THAT WAS THERE FOR THE FIRST TIME. EVERYONE ELSE (ABOUT 25 PLUS) WAS THERE GOING ON THE THIRD TIME ATLEAST. SO... MY OPINION IT WAS NOT A SUCCESSFUL PROCESS! THE FOOD WAS EH!! THEY DID HAVE A LARGE VARIETY. AND U WAITand on the 6DAY. U can make a call... yeah 1... and they choose ur phone time.mine was going to be Monday and Thursday for 10 mins. My experience was not PRIVATE... THE ENTIRE STAFF, ( EXCEPT 3) ARE IN RECOVERY. NOW THAT IS MY OPINION. .BYE BYE.THANKS FOR READING.

My husband underwent detox and a 30 day residential program at Sunspire for alcohol dependency.. Most of the counseling was groups only, and there was no family involvement in discharge planning. I left multiple messages at the facility before I could get anyone to call me, and they never discussed his follow up or further care with me.This resulted in a relapse after 5 days. Also, the gym they heavily advertise was only available 2 days/week, and there were many hours with no programming where the clients just watched TV in the evenings. There was zero mental health counseling, and no family counseling available during his whole time there

B. C.

Sunspire, Is the place to go if you need help with addiction.They are caring and loveable people.Who take care of your needs.Love all the staff there. Thanks Guys for everything y'all done for me.💘

Curtis H

This place will change your life if you are willing!

Rob

Sunspire has excellent staff. I received the best health care I have ever received. They took my blood and gave me vitamins and prescriptions suited for me. During detox, I basically had a full-time nurse looking after me, taking my blood pressure every 4 hours and asking me questions to access how I was progressing. Nearly all of the BHTs and counselors are recovered addicts who can relate to what you are going through and truly were interested in your recovery. It was my first time I was at rehab. Many things surprised me. 1) how many people were in rehab for a 2nd or 3rd time (nearly all not repeats from Sunspire) - every single person in this group thought Suspire was the best facility that they had been too. 2) I was surprised by the depth of materials and learnings that Sunspire presented to patients. 3) every night we had bible study, an outside recovered speaker or the opportunity to attend an outside AA/NA/CA meeting or the choice or 2 or 3 of the above. The facility is 'right sized', about 27 people were there when I was there. You get to know staff on a first name basis as well as other patients and you are not just a number. The facility has a fishing pond, offers equine therapy, Yoga, and has a nice work-out facility, gymnasium, swimming pool and walking/running path. It is located in a very peaceful setting. The facility is set up for two people to a room, however most of my stay I did not have a room-mate. A bathroom is shared with another room (4 sharing a bathroom if both rooms are full. If you truly want to recover and arrive with the mindset to do so, Sunspire will train you on how to deal and recover from your addiction. I was not pleased with the amount of time allocated to phone use nor that internet access required approval - however their position is that the patient should have limited access to the outside world and should focus on recovery. I would recommend Sunspire to anyone with an addiction problem that has a desire for recovery. Don't waste your money if you don't want to be cured. No treatment center can cure someone that does not want cured.

The facility was great.

Stacey S

I was here for a 30 day program, and I flew all the way from Buffalo, NY to be here. Sunspire was a blessing in disguise, I learned so much about ME through the programs they offer. The food is to die for, and my experience with everyone was very positive! In fact I still keep in contact with a number if staff and people I have met through Sunspire. They taught me how to live a sober life, giving me tools to carry along the journey of a sober life. Of course there are some Hiccup's in any business, but the staff here really do care! I was there in Dec. 2016-till Jan. 2017 and had nothing less than a positive experience. Give it a try and you will be amazed!

SS

My adult son attended Sunspire for 30 days. We witnessed a tremendous change in him for the better, from an addict in denial to an an addict in recovery. The fact that most of the staff are in recovery made it much easier for him to relate to the staff, as they understood first-hand his experiences. The only complaint I have is that they appear to be a bit understaffed and hence at times unorganized. Their concern for my son's (and my family') welfare more than made up for that, however. I think the experience at Sunspire is like much else in life - what you get out of it reflects what you put into it.

OA

No good

J.J.

Horrible horrible horrible! Only care about money!!!! Go somewhere else!

Omar

Do not go here trust me find other rehabilitation centers

SD

SAVED MY LIFE!!!!! THANK YOU SUNSPIRE STAFF! This place and staff are excellent and truly care! They even put a great emphasis on your family! Truly the BEST! Thanks - finally sober!

Pat

This facility is so picturesque! Most addiction counselors are trained for drug and alcohol addictions well, as the majority have been in treatment themselves prior to working there as counselors and staff members. I chose Sunspire because it had advertised a strong mental health component to its program. I attended due to family hiring interventionist Joanie Gammell, who recommended facility as she had personally visited when I'd selected. She knew I thought I was or had had a nervous breakdown, as my family had read me their loving letters, prior to my entry. The new clinical director, did all she could once she learned of my specific reason for entry, to address the mental health component of Sunspire into my care plan approximately 21/2 weeks into my 28 day program. I did not have a satisfactory counselor available for my particular health care needs; however many others, esp. intake, nursing, most admin, and faith based needs were. physician and psychiatrist were wonderful, wished They were able to see me more during treatment. Many more therapeutic programs could be implemented at low cost, suggestions shared specifically were made: nature/ bird walks, wildlife visit/identifications on grounds. garden and plant/bush Education there. Arts/paint/pottery class. Yoga. The fitness instructors and gym were great. Integration based on maturity and assessment needs upon entry. I'm so glad I went as I understand what caused me to begin drinking, personal famial problems; and husbands severe stroke; not attending stroke support for myself and family together led me to severe depression, agoraphobic, anxiety, moderate drinking etc. I so appreciated faith based programs offered by Sunspire;my personal religious preferences/needs met and transportations were accommodated. Thanks so much! Much Gratitute, Great Hope for all🙏

MIKE

Sunspire Texas saved my life. This was my third in-patient rehab and without question the best. Everyone there is dedicated and focused on recovery. Thanks to them, I am now living a sober and happy life.

DM

Family is not wanted or apparently needed for treatment. Family Counselors when called out on this simply talked my wife into blackballing me . The need was said for co dependency. The family assessment is ignored. This place takes the word of the alcoholic which in this case she is a compulsive liar. I would think they would want family input but I guess not. I do not recommend this facility for any family that wants to be involved in care.

Lou

Sunspire was the third program that I\'ve been to, and by far the very best. From staff to living conditions and the food, outstanding. Would recommend anyone to this program. As I\'m working with people in New York and encouraging them that if they need help this is the place they need to be. One of the best assets in this program is spirituality with the Reverend. This man is the very best conducting bible studies.

Nancy

The treatment I received was beyond my expectations. The therapists were highly skilled and effective. The programming was clinically relevant and was directed not only at addiction but at treating the mind body and spirit as well. I entered broken, beaten and hopeless. I left healed and motivated for the future. I would highly recommend Sunspire for anyone who is struggling with addiction and is serious about recovery

Christopher

minute one when I arrived Texas from the driver pick me upthe kitchen staff medical staffcounselors the front officeit\'s been great everyone is there to help you find your problem I was real impressed with the accommodations .And the staff was so professionalif you want to get clean and sober you can get it there .plus the food combinations is BEST.

Tracy

I have nothing but great things to say about Sunspire and their staff. I had given up on life and was so far gone that I didn\'t care if I lived before entering the program. It was the hardest but most rewarding 31 days of my life. The staff truly cared and worked hard to supply the tools to help me succeed in my journey outside their 4 walls. The therapists and counselors were amazing. (Tough at times but it was very fitting and much needed). I highly recommend the facility(and have to others I know that struggle). Thanks to all at Sunspire for supplying the necessary tools and mindset to succeed. 10 months of sobriety and counting.....

DS

totally bs... I was lied 2 at every turn they seem 2 b all about the money do not trust 3 staff members in particular what a mistake...if u love your child go somewhere else

Jeremiah

Sunspire is a great place , you will take alot of tools with you essential for recovery . my life began after I left Sunspire . thanks

Cameron

Sunspire Health Texas helped me get my life and life skills back. It helped me learn how to be a successful human being again. They taught me how to work the 12 steps and how to just cope with the problems life throw at you. Very excited about being apart of the alumni program, and help other addicts learn about the importance of recovery and the 12 steps

Tiffani

Going to Caron was the best decision I could have ever made for myself. I\'m almost 1 year sober and the tools that I got from treatment there have really helped me to succeed. They even assist you on the best decision on what to do after your stay there whether it be IOP or sober living. I love that I even get to continue to go and be part of their alumni to share my expirence strength and hope with others. The staff was wonderful, food was awesome, honestly I did not want to leave!

Beautiful isolated facility. Over-emphasis on Christian approach. It's an absolutely first-class facility in terms of location and amenities.

I got my life back! Caron educated me on the disease of addiction. They gave me hope for a future life of sobriety, which I never believed was possible.

Helped my family member out.

The staff was a strength of the facility. However, the cost was a downfall of the facility.

jw

Very AA based, which can seem both depressing (listening to endless horror stories), and brainwashing. I knew going in it was AA based, but expected that to be just one aspect of the program. Very little private counselor time. Primarily based on addicts advising other addicts, rather than professional one-on-one counseling....If you're a woman, you will fit in best if you're a smoker. I was the only non-smoker, and that hindered my bonding with the other women.

Cameron

I attended Caron for 35 days I believe including detox and it was a great experience between me and my loved ones, the food is great and so is the staff very friendly and most of them have been where you are. Great place to get help.