SOBA College Recovery for Young Adults

104 Bayard Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 08901

4.4

About SOBA College Recovery for Young Adults

Substance Abuse Treatment and Counseling for Young Adults

SOBA College Recovery’s specific motivation is to help those in a community setting who may have a problem with substance abuse or other mental disorders commonly associated with substance abuse. At each phase of treatment, clients receive certain levels of care, with a gradual step-down process proven most effective for recovering adults in this phase of their lives. When enough trust is built, clients are stepped-down from their level of controlled supervision and given more responsibility and privilege. Throughout treatment, our clients are to receive personalized attention and therapeutic care for addiction and the underlying co-occurring disorders associated with drug abuse and mental health issues. The simple idea is that the more a client works through the program the more they become self-sufficient and learn to care more about their actions and take responsibility for their own futures.

Trauma & Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT)

Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT) uses the brain’s innate ability to adapt to change in a healing way, essentially “retraining” the brain to respond differently to familiar memories of trauma or pain.

Emphasis On Enjoying Life In Recovery

Addiction affects every area of an individual’s life, from interpersonal and romantic relationships, to work and education, to identity and recreation. At SOBA College Recovery, our team focuses not only on treating addiction and sustaining recovery, but also on helping clients rediscover themselves by finding out who they are and what they like to do. Clients will find new, healthy ways to fill their time through the many recreational activities our program offers, all in a safe, supportive environment with people who understand what they have been through and where they are trying to go in the future.

• Care-Frontation
  • College Program
  • Dual Diagnosis

4.5/5

• MS
    SOBA College Recovery is an amazing program staffed by some of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The clinical staff works with every client to provide an individualized treatment program. They are flexible when it comes to college and work schedules. The housing staff consists almost entirely of people in recovery, who help to guide people in the program through the most difficult aspects of early recovery. The food they make is amazing and there are a ton of options if you don't like what the chef is preparing. I've been to numerous facilities and no other program compares to this one. If you have an interest in going to college and truly making a positive change in your life this is the place to go.
  • MB
    The housing portion of the program is ran very efficiently and the accommodations are quite comfortable. The non clinical staff are also great - 90% of them are in recovery and thus can relate to what you're going through. The clinical staff on the other hand is extremely weak. They try to sell you on masters degrees but a 5 year masters program at Rutgers in social work and not being in recovery does not add much value. Having said that, there are a lot of good clients/technicians in the program and at the end of the day if you're ready to surrender, you can get clean anywhere. Don't forget that at the end of the day this is a business and you need to have strong insurance that will continue to pay for what the clinicians put on your treatment plan so if you're trying to stay long term, keep that in mind and work on anything and everything. Nothing changes if nothing changes.
  • Michelle
    Up most respectful staff. The strengths are many ways to renew your life Gym Yoga, mediation, All staff are experienced to help clients in and out of the program. Not many weaknesses. but theirs no detox facility and doesn't except Medicaid
  • Ashley
    Working for SOBA College Recovery has been an absolute delight. I have been able to excel in many areas I did not think possible for myself. The other staff here at College Recovery made this possible for me. My co-workers spend ample time building each other up and working as a team; setting beautiful examples for our clients here. To be able to help others in recovery find a new way of life is an opportunity that I am very thankful for. Our model is so much different than most current programs in this area. I see these young individuals actually grow into active members of society with the help of all of our clinical and housing staff. Whether it may be making their first resume or getting back into college (or going for the first time), talking with estranged family or regaining custody of their children, handling legal issues, finding new hobbies or career paths and simply stating clean in the process... All of these experiences can be difficult for someone young in recovery. We help these moments go as smoothly and as positively as possible. We see miracles happen first hand every day!
  • Josh
    College Recovery's long term model, and slow integration back into society are what make it stand out from other treatment centers. They don't throw you out to the street after 30 days like many treatment centers, they will carry you until you learn to carry yourself.
  • Kerian
    I enjoyed my time at College Recovery, they have a very qualified and loving staff that really attended to all my needs. My life was a mess when i arrived here and as I'm leaving I have a job, I'm enrolled in college, and my family loves me again. I really appreciate all the love and support I've received, they made me feel like a part of a family and I couldn't have asked for a better year! Thank you for everything CR!
  • Michael
    I attended about a dozen treatment centers before this one, including some in Florida and PA. All to no avail. College Recovery is the most complete treatment center I\'ve ever been a client at, due to its group therapy material, aftercare, recreational activities, and staff enthusiasm. Anything I needed I had, and if I had a goal I wished to achieve, everyone who could reached out to get me there. CR saved my life, and I believe will do so for anyone who is willing enough to let the program help them as well.
  • Sam
    This facility is the only resourceful long term care facility in the region that caters to the individual needs of its young adult demographic. Helping with both work and professional success while treating individuals with addiction and co-occuring diagnosis, they accommodate the individual needs of their clients and help them ensure long term success and stability
  • PGC
    Excellent!!
  • Michael
    None we saw as parents Son arrived and was 5 days into stay and still yet to have any sort of medical evaluation or psyche evaluation. When we talked on phone and chose this facility they told us how they were a leading facility in dual diagnosis and this was just the place for our son. They said he would have a psyche exam immediately upon arrival and still nothing after five days....not even a One on one with a counselor! He suffers from extreme social anxiety and needed help. They allowed lap tops immediately upon entry so we received many texts that the anxiety was too much too handle and we made repeated phone calls to the facility, all answered by young counselors and techs, who all showed such a lack of concern. We pulled him out on the 5th night and transferring to another facility and still no phone calls from anyone asking why!
    Community was strength. Saves Lives