Sober Techniques in San Clemente, CA

610 Avenida Avapulco
San Clemente CA 92672

Sober Techniques Philosophy

Sober techniques offers upscale amenities to ensure that all of our clients can recover in comfort. we create individualized addiction treatment programs for each client. Every treatment plan is designed from a dual diagnosis approach. This allows our clinical team to address and treat both the physical and psychological side effects of long term addiction.
Through detox and intensive therapy both facets of the disease are targeted, which allows our team to set clients up for sustained sobriety and a brighter future.

• Detox
    Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Positive Coping Mechanisms

Customized Recovery

Clinically Managed Detox

ABOUT SOBER TECHNIQUES

Sober Techniques in San Clemente, Calif., provides treatment for adult men and women dealing with substance use and co-occurring disorders through clinical detoxification, general outpatient, and intensive outpatient programming (IOP). It is one of 490 California facilities (37.4 percent) of the state's treatment facilities providing residential treatment.

Each client at Sober Techniques will receive a personalized treatment plan. Sober Techniques incorporates holistic therapies like yoga, mindfulness training, meditation, and art therapy into treatment.

Residential treatment is offered in 30-, 60-, or 90-day increments for up to six months. Clients will participate in classes and one-on-one counseling a few times a week and take weekend trips to local attractions.

Intensive outpatient programming (IOP) is offered for 45, 60, or 90 days for up to six months. During IOP, clients will attend 15 hours of group therapy per week as well as weekly one-on-one sessions with a case manager. The general outpatient program includes six hours of group therapy and two hours of individual therapy per week. Outpatient services also provide assistance for applying to college, budgeting, and job hunting, which 46 percent of treatment facilities in the state provide. If needed, the facility can stay connected with legal agencies on the client’s behalf.

Aftercare services and relapse prevention training are also available.

According to the facility’s website, Sober Techniques has a low staff-to-client ratio. The facility employs therapists, case managers, and certified clinicians.

Sober Techniques operates three houses with 24/7 supervision and meals prepared by a chef. Official photographs show shared bedrooms with twin beds, swimming pools, fully equipped kitchens, a pool table, patios, and a plethora of outdoor seating. Clients will also go on trips to the beach, trampoline parks, and to the movie theater.

Eight alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at this time of writing provided mostly positive feedback about Sober Techniques. Six of the eight individuals complimented staff members at the facility, calling them “professional” and “amazing.” However, two individuals cited financial difficulties with the facility. One reported a lack of invoices and medical documentation while another was denied treatment based on insurance coverage.

Treatment Effectiveness: 4.42/5
Accommodations & Amenities: 4.28/5

On Google, Sober Techniques earned an average rating of 4.2 out of five stars based on 40 reviews, with positive reviews focusing on staff, the location, and the life changing nature of recovery. Six individuals leaving negative reviews mainly cited disorganization and poor communication. “This whole program has been life changing for me, the staff are some of the most kind and caring people I have ever met in my life,” wrote N.M. in a representative review on the site. [1]

Sober Techniques’ website states that it accepts most insurance plans, which 53.4 percent of facilities in California take.

[1]GoogleReviews

Published on March 2018

My daughter was in your program beginningMay,2017..She did not contact me the entire 2 months she was there.She came home and used the first night.,2 months later she was living with a pimp,dealer with her babies.On Oct 8,2017 my grandchildren 3 and 5 yrs old were found unresponsive in car while in care of their mother.Opioid overdose...Great Job y'all did with her.You did nothing to help her that I saw...😠😠

They can�t even provide me with a simple invoice, statement, or any medical documentation. They state that they don�t keep medical records on private pay patients.

I received part of my treatment with them. Very good staff and lots of tools to help you stay successful. The house I stayed in was beautiful. I am still sober to this day. Thank you Sober Tec.

They had me at the airport waiting to go to the facility and got told my ticket was voided! They told me and my husband our insurance was covered 100 percent the day before. Long story short he didn't have the guts to call me and sent me a text. He had me believing in a future and now my whole world crushed. Horrible horrible horrible

The houses are beautiful and the treatment campus is really nice. The staff was very diverse and I really appreciate that. The entire staff here is very knowledgeable about recovery and they helped me understand myself. They had a chef come in everyday and food was always ready on time. I'd definitely recommend this place.

Amazing staff. They were so caring even when I tried to push them away. They still took me in and cared for me throughout my program. I needed that type of unconditional support to finally get sober.

Great place to come to and recover. It was scary at first because I was leaving my family behind but the staff here were right when they said me getting sober was to better my family in the long run. I got the help I needed and these professionals know what the're doing.

Thank you to this facility and all of the staff who helped me get clean. I went through detox and inpatient treatment here and I've been sober for almost 5 months. I'm starting back to school soon and got visitation with my daughter. I was worried about rehab that it would be terrible but I stayed in a really nice house and even got to go surfing. My counselor was there for me whenever I needed him.

This was my second time in rehab and it was so much better than the first time I went to a different one. I've been clean 4 months and just got a good job. I'm really grateful to Sober Techniques for helping me get clean and make positive life change. The home I stayed in was awesome and so were the people. Got a little bored with the food but it was okay.