Sobertec in Aliso Viejo, CA

125 B Columbia
Aliso Viejo CA 92656

Sobertec Philosophy

Sobertec provides a secure and comfortable environment tailored to your individual needs. We promote a healthy, safe, and structured environment that focuses on helping you recover and live a lifetime of sobriety. We understand that the experience can be stressful, but with our help, you will be at ease. Sobertec is dedicated to helping you get the most out of your experience as you develop new skills for sobriety and healthy living that will last a lifetime.

Clinical Detoxification, Family Program

Skills and Healthy Coping Mechanisms
Anger Management
Relapse Prevention

ABOUT SOBERTEC LLC

Sobertec LLC , in Aliso Viejo, Calif., offers treatment for adult women and men dealing with alcohol and drug addiction. Dual diagnosis treatment is offered, as is residential, outpatient, and medical detoxification.

Treatment begins with an evaluation and is rooted in the 12-Steps, family support, and relapse prevention. Treatment is individualized and blends group and individual therapy with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and motivational interviewing. Clients dealing with dual diagnosis or co-occurring conditions like anxiety and depression can receive assistance as well.

Clients are randomly drug tested. Those going through detoxification can have access to medication-management in the form of Vivitrol.

Sobertec also has a working relationship with faith-based recovery program Celebrate Recovery where clients can have access to programs they may be interested in.

Mentoring is available for those in outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment. One-on-one counseling will help clients obtain transportation, academic counseling, college applications, and job mentoring.

Families are welcome to participate in programming and will receive weekly updates from case managers.

Sobertec LLC has a faculty-to-client ratio of 1:1 and employs case managers, intake coordinators, and certified clinicians.

Sobertec LLC operates a detoxification facility and two transitional living facilities. The transitional living buildings –– Saltamonties and Tierras Altas –– are Spanish colonial-style that host airy patios, outdoor pools, shared bedrooms, and large, fully-equpped kitchens.

Residents can bring technology with them and the facility has a storage area to lock up valuables.

Eleven alumni reviewing the facility for Rehabs.com gave mixed feelings about accommodations and treatment effectiveness. “A lot of the days we did not do much of anything and the days that we had sessions were repetitive and not helpful,” wrote alum B.A.S. “I was back on drugs 2 days after my discharge.”

E.F. gave the facility five stars for treatment effectivness and wrote: “This treatment center really cares about their clients. I got help here and ive been clean for 6 months now.” F.G. added: “My counselor never gave up on me and showed me that change is possible.”

Alum Nicole stayed at the center three weeks but felt the experience affected her long-term sobriety. “I gained a great bond with my house mates, and in the long run helped me be vulnerable and open through the program.”

Food was referred to as “horrible” by one alum and “awesome” by another. On Yelp, the facility was given three out of five stars with several commenters thanking the facility for saving their lives. [1]

The three loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com to date gave the facility raving reviews, with reviewers thanking Sobertec for saving their loved ones. V.M. gave the facility five stars for treatment effectiveness and noted that they did not recognize their brother following treatment. “He has been clean ever since and has just started a job in the field of recovery. Thank you for giving us our brother back!”

S.D. wrote that since treatment, their mom has continued yoga participation and AA meetings. “This drug rehab supported my mom through the hardest time of her life and i will always be greatful.”

Reviews on Google are more mixed, where the facility earned an overall 4.2 out of five stars based on 27 reviews. Wife Jessica wrote: “My husband went there a year ago and we are getting bills that the insurance has already paid for!” Cassie, whose husband has attended Sobertec twice, added: “The houses are unsupervised, all the drivers, managers, and staff are extremely rude, unprofessional and don't care to do their jobs.” However, other loved ones reported more positive experiences. “A few friends and I have all gotten help from Sober Tec,” wrote Suzy. “They really care.” [2]

Though no current or former employees have submitted feedback to Rehabs.com, nine reviewers on Indeed gave the facility an overall four out of five stars. Commenters cited great coworkers and a healthy work environment. “It can be stressful working in the recovery field but having such a great team makes this a great place to work,” wrote one individual. However, three employees left one-star reviews, with individuals complaining of a lack of professionalism and job security. [3]

The negative reviews were echoed by one commenter on Glassdoor, who wrote: “Lack of direct communication and teamwork causing work to fall behind, hiring people with no insurance or medical experience, and disorganization everywhere.”[4]

Sobertec LLC has a relationship with insurance companies that includes United Healthcare, BlueCross/BlueShield, Anthem, and Cigna. A free consultation with a licensed provider is offered.

[1]https://www.yelp.com/biz/sobertec-san-clemente-2
[2]https://goo.gl/mPJCgk
[3]https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Sobertec-LLC/reviews
[4]https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Sobertec-Reviews-E1677355.htm

Published on August 2017

I really needed help and this place wasted absolutely no time getting me help. I had a problem with pills and reach out to these guys. They legit got me in that night. I called a few other centers before but those places weren't as proactive in getting me help like these guys were. I was here for 2 months and it changed my life. I appreciate that all their staff did their best to keep my spirits up. Everyone is supportive and they really do their best to get you better. I'd recommend this place if you are serious about putting an end to your addiction.

I wish I could give this place 0 stars. I cannot express enough, the sadness I feel for the families who have to deal with these "rehabs." I experienced some of the most unprofessional follow-up, phone calls, and voicemail messages. They do NOT do what they tell you they will for your loved one. I visited my son, as it was the holidays. Presents he was given were stolen, his phone was stolen, good luck finding anyone to care. The house manager most accidentally answered my phone call and then after stating the above, "had to call me back," and hung up. While many & most of these places are not genuine, I would recommend moving right past this one.

Came here from out of state and at first I didn't want to. My family wanted me to get out of Portland and get some real help so they brought me here. Staff was always nice and kind which made it easier when I got homesick. Overall good experience because they were super supportive and I did get clean (still clean). I'd recommend this place.

Staff here are very genuine about helping. It's comforting that majority of them have personal experience in recovery because I knew they were judging me but were there to help.

Definitely a great place to come if you have an addiction problem. Was here for 45 days and I 'm still going strong with my recovery. They take the time to get to know you here and they go out of their way to make sure you complete your program here. They rung a great program here.

Highly recommend Sobertec. The main reason why I got better is because of the therapist I was working with. We really uncovered some things I kept buried for so long. Even when my family wasn't supportive, I knew I could rely on the staff here.

Awesome staff. What I appreciated is that they knew when I needed someone to talk to and they knew I just needed time to myself.

The staff here is awesome. They took me in and help me get back on my feet.

Very satisfied that I brought my brother here. He was in a really bad place a year ago and needed serious help with the prescription meds he was addicted to. Talked to other centers and they seemed very eager to talk dollars to me. When I called these guys they actually took their time to get to understand my brother's situation. After months of treatment, my brother came out a new man and I couldn't be more proud of him.

Would recommend this recovery center over all the other ones I've been to in the past. They really got to know me here and really welcomed me here. Good program ran by good people.

Such a good recovery program. Glad I came out here. I got all the help I needed to finally put my addiction behind me.

Owe this place so much more than a thank you. They took me in and helped me get my act together. No one can take away what I gained here. I learned that my sobriety is in my own hands and I am going to continue to do everything in my power to stay clean.

Brought my son here and they helped him out tremendously. He is still doing good and still sober.

Very supportive people here. I would beat myself up about my addiction but they taught me to accept it and helped me overcome it. I'm happy I got help before it was too late.

I was very fortunate to come and get treated here. My life was going no where and I was deep in using drugs. Didn't think I'd ever be sober again but this center really helped me turn my life around. I really owe them my life.

Getting sober and staying sober are two different battles. Sobertec helped me with both. Yeah it's hard but nothing worth fighting for comes easy right.This center plays a huge role in my recovery and I'll never forget that. I highly recommend this center.

Relapsed a year ago and was really ashamed of myself. When I came here, there was no judgement at all. I was genuine and serious about my recovery and it seems that the staff was genuine with me as well. There was one particular driver that really got to me and he really changed my outlook on my sobriety. I was doing it for the wrong reasons before and he helped me see that I should be doing it for myself. From then on it clicked and I've been sober for a year now.

Really nice center. They really do provide everything you need here. It was a little intimidating at first because I came in not knowing anyone and because I came from a different state but everyone here was so nice and friendly. They have days planned out for you so my days flew by during my treatment. I did get to learn more about myself and my addiction and now that I know what is going on, it's easier for me to stay away from any sort of temptation that would cause me to relapse.

Amazing program. My brother was struggling with alcoholism and they really took care of him. Whenever he had a hard time, he just talked it out with the workers and they helped cheer him up and push him to finish his program. My family really appreciates what they did for him.

They run a great dual diagnosis program here. I came in because my addiction to antidepressants. My therapists help me overcome my depression and anxiety issue. Not only am I going to be sober for a year in two months but this center helped me build the confidence I need in life and they helped me overcome the stigma of being a recovering addict. Great program and amazing staff.

I had an amazing life changing experience going to Sobertec. I was in a rough spot when I arrived thinking I didn't amount to anything in life but the staff here really helped me with my self esteem and self worth. They gave me the confidence I needed to go through life sober.

This place helped out my son in so many ways. We brought him here from Colorado because he wasn't making any progress at the program he was in. Every time we came out to visit him we could just see how much change he went through in such a small amount of time. The staff constant reached out to me on his progress and they helped him out. All I can do is thank the staff here for saving his life.

The staff here are genuinely kind. I've relapsed in the past and knew I needed to go to another center so my family brought me to Sobertec in California. I expected people to give me major guilt trips because of my relapse (because I've seen this done at the previous center I went to in Florida) but this place didn't do that. They welcomed me in, understood that I was human and helped me through ALL of my problems (even helped me settle in Cali). Seriously great people and great experience. I've been sober for 187 days now and it's because they played a big role in my recovery.

Solid treatment program in my opinion. I was one of those kids that came here because my family brought me here. What I liked is that off that bat, as soon as I got there the staff was so welcoming it made it hard not to take it seriously. I worked day in and day out with my case manager and she put everything I needed to do to get sober out for me, all I had to do was roll up my sleeves and actually commit to it. Once I did that a light went off in my head and I knew I wanted to be the person I was when I was clean. My opinion is that you just need to take your program here seriously. If you do that, the staff here will make sure you'll get to where you need to be.

This place is horrible i was told lie after lie. Watch out for two staff members in particular

Recovery here was worth it. I was a little stubborn about leaving home but I'm glad I did because I needed to get away from the drugs back home. Yeah it was hard and some days I didn't feel like doing anything but they kept working with me until it finally clicked in my head that this is what I need to do to get clean. I suggest this place to anyone and everyone who asks me where to go for recovery.

my mom completed treatment here and she just celabrated 200 days clean! thanks sobertec for giving us our mom back. she was really bad addicted to pills and booze but she goes to aa every day now and does yoga every day too like she learned in the program. this drug rehab supported my mom through the hardest time of her life and i will always be greatful.

Food was horrible most nights. Some of the people working there were totally ineffective. They lied to my dad about where I was and the accommodations. A lot of the days we did not do much of anything and the days that we had sessions were repetitive and not helpful. I was back on drugs 2 days after my discharge

This place is a total money grab. I was lied to about everything before hand. None of the houses are near the beach, the food is terrible. One night we only got Mac and cheese for dinner and we had hot dogs multiple times. The group's were ok as long as the person leading it could keep control. At least half the group's would turn into people joking around... It was very frustrating. The staff never knew what was going on, you were never told anything, and you were constantly waiting on things. The majority of the staff was rude and if you needed something it was almost impossible to get it. The vans constantly had to many people in them. Everytime they made a mistake they tried to say it was some kind of learning opportunity and they wouldn't apologize. The weekend before I got there my house had been on lock down, because medication had been stolen out of the safe. They took phones and people were locked in their rooms. The entire experience was terrible. There are much better facilities than this one.

The houses were smaller, (6-8 girls total) therefore I gained a great bond with my house mates, and in the long run helped me be vulnerable and open through the program. The only weakness this facility had was the cleanliness. I kept getting ant bites all over my body. Even though I was only at the treatment center for three weeks it made a great impact on my recovery. Because it was so beautiful and we did so many fun things, it attracted me to want sobriety.

My brother went to treatment here recently and when he came back we almost did not even recognize him. He has been clean ever since and has just started a job in the field of recovery. Thank you for giving us our brother back!

This drug rehab center saved my life. I do not know what I would have done with out them. My counselor never gave up on me and showed me that change is possible. I met my best friend in group therapy and we go to NA every week together now. Thank you Sobertec!

This treatment center really cares about their clients. I got help here and ive been clean for 6 months now. My therapist helped me a lot while i was here. he even helped me make a resume. Food was awesome too.

Laguna Treatment Hospital