Social Model Recovery Systems - Bimini in Los Angeles, CA

Call (877) 507-6242 to Contact Social Model Recovery Systems - Bimini

155 South Bimini Place
Los Angeles CA 90004

Social Model Recovery Systems - Bimini Philosophy

The Bimini House is a residential treatment center for chemically dependent men and women struggling with addiction. Specializing in the treatment of veteran and active members of the armed forces, Bimini House provides comprehensive, compassionate care designed to suit the needs of those who have served our country. Treatment services include individualized case management, grief counseling, anger management, vocational assistance, housing assistance, family reunification, medical and dental care, social functions, room and board, 12-Step meetings, and more.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Individual Counseling

Anger Management

Life Skills Development

ABOUT MARY LIND RECOVERY CENTERS - BIMINI RECOVERY CENTER

Located in Los Angeles’ Koreatown, the Bimini location of Mary Lind Recovery Centers provides residential treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. According to HealthGrove, the facility offers both short- and long-term treatment options exclusively for women.

The main goal of the Bimini Recovery Center “is to provide the opportunity for the chronically welfare-dependent alcoholic and/or addict to become a sober, self-supporting citizen.” HealthGrove reports that treatment modalities include individual counseling, substance abuse education, anger management and life skills workshops, programs in parenting and family reunification, and vocational guidance.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its treatment staff; however, of the five alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, the one who was queried about staff support gave the facility five out of five stars, while three others commented on the supportive nature of the treatment team. One former client expressed dissatisfaction with credentials of the staff, telling Rehabs.com: “Bimini has no real therapists. The counselors have rudimentary training only.”

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings; however, the three alumni queried about the facility’s accommodations and amenities gave Bimini two five-star ratings and one one-star rating.

Of the five alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, four gave the facility mostly positive reviews, praising the staff for its knowledge and compassion and complimenting the solid treatment program.

The one dissatisfied former client gave the facility just one out of five stars for its treatment effectiveness and complained about the staff’s lack of experience, as well as having to do manual labor. “YOU have to helpunload trucks and carry loads up those steps. Im a 65 year old woman and im forced to unload trucks,” she wrote.

The one loved one surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, whose husband attended the program, gave Bimini mostly positive feedback, awarding the facility five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness and noting that as a spouse, she was given a lot of helpful information about how to cope and support a loved one struggling with addiction.

According to HealthGrove, the facility accepts Access to Recovery vouchers and state insurance other than Medicaid.

Published on August 2017

In October 2016 I arrived at the Bimini court ordered and on my fourth rehab, of which I’d never stayed more then a couple weeks before going on the run. Bimini was my last and final chance with the courts before having to serve my time. I entered with the mindset that no matter how irritated and tedious I may find the program, I was gonna stay and complete this shit, and finally get the courts off my back. Although six months was all I needed for compliance I ended up being there nearly eleven. I not only completed rehab but I got clean and stayed clean for the first time unless I was in jail. I think rehab is what you make it and how much one truly desires it, as well as your sobriety. I had never wanted nor cared to be clean before as my life was never that bad considering whilst in my heroin addiction. I never relapsed cuz I just never stopped using. My man was/is a dope dealer, so I shared a bed with my connection. It was at the Bimini that I saw a different way of living that wasn’t that bad, living without drugs. As a heroin addict I was happy with my life, believe it or not, and was only there cuz of the courts. AA/ NA programs were asinine to me upon first familiaration with there way of recovery I knew that getting a sponsor, step work was not gonna be for me..yet by shutting up and listening, being open-minded I began to hear a little bit from many different sober outlets, meetings, speakers, rhetoric...I took what I needed left the rest.

I went to go pick up my goddaughter from this place and went into the place it was filthy dirty picked up my goddaughter my goddaughter was telling me that doesn't feel comfortable there that it's her that's 21 and a 19 year old that's there everyone else is 30 and older it's coed and they had a group and she was the only girl that was in there listening to these men and the person that's running it talk about their private part making her feel uncomfortable where she doesn't want to open up I think this place is the worst place ever I do not recommend this place at all even a counselor had a rude attitude and very disrespectful how do they expect people to change if all of this nonsense is happening there how do they expect a female to open up if they're the only ones that are in that group with a bunch of men my niece has gone through so much where it's hard for her to open up especially with a man around I don't agree with this place I do not recommend this place if you need help find another place that will make you feel comfortable safe and secure a place that's going to help you with your issue not make you feel uncomfortable.... I give this place a 0 Stars

Horrible experience !! This place needs more lighting, security and cameras. I was trying to attend an AA meeting at this location, when I was harassed by a crazy person by the entrance. He used profanity and even told me that I was stepping in to his territory, and I had to get out. This was a very frightening experience, and dangerous, I don’t understand why they would allow this to happen in a place where people seak help. If you are looking to get well, be safe, and get help DO NOT go here.

Excellent program, excellent results. Good learning skills programs. Food is very good. Everyone participates in daily functioning of facility. Possibility of real life growth in personal practices for a better future.

I give up. Bimini has no real therapists. The counselors have rudimentary training only, use profanity... Note the long staircase in front of Bimini. YOU have to helpunload trucks and carry loads up those steps. Im a 65 year old woman and im forced to unload trucks. If you have friends in wheelchaurs who want to visit---no way.

Supportive A lot of drama While visiting my husband , I was given lots of information on how to cope .

The Bimini was one of the places were the staff had true Love for there clients. the staff cared for the clients. And gave real groups and Good food

Safe and clean house, maintained by clients. The VA hospital suggested and sent me there for this I am grateful !

I went into rehab because I had no other choice. The staff was very supportive.

I was suported by staff and clients and still remain friends through social media and or in person on a regular basis. I love everyone and everything I got out of this place. The food wasn't 5 star but I am a street kid who got sober in this program and never was eating 5 star from the beginning. I enjoyed the food, the groups, the fellowship and the rules were set into place and I followed them because my way of living life wasn't working anymore for me. I learned how to live a life beyond my wildest dreams because of this program. I now work in recovery and next month I'll have 4 years sober. I love Bimini house at marylind foundation !! I was taught how to live a clean and sober life and learned how to ask for help, got a sponsor, attended meetings and groups to help me understand my disease and was counceled to help combat life events and legal issues. I was able to be sober for my son. I was homelesss in Hollywood and knew I needed help.