Somerset Hospital - Twin Lakes Center in Somerset, PA

Call (800) 452-0218 to Contact Somerset Hospital - Twin Lakes Center

224 Twin Lakes Road
Somerset PA 15501

Somerset Hospital - Twin Lakes Center Philosophy

Since 1983, The Twin Lakes Center has been providing drug and alcohol rehabilitation services on a rural, 30-acre campus in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. The Twin Lakes Center treats addiction as a disease and is committed to providing effective, affordable treatment to all. Men and women are provided to tools to learn how to develop healthy relationships, trust and honesty, guilt and shame, and self-esteem.

• Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Individual Counseling

Group Counseling

Recreation

ABOUT SOMERSET HOSPITAL – TWIN LAKES CENTER

Founded in Somerset, Pa., in 1983, Somerset Hospital’s Twin Lakes Center offers a continuum of treatment services for individuals struggling with substance abuse. Depending on their needs, clients may access detox, short-term residential treatment, a variety of outpatient offerings, and DUI classes. Additional outpatient services are available through the organization’s other Pennsylvania-based locations.

Prior to beginning treatment, clients participate in an evaluation with staff to help determine the most appropriate level of care. If detox is deemed necessary, clients begin their two- to three-day stay in the center’s detox unit, which is managed by a medical director and a 24-hour nursing staff. Once stabilized, clients typically move on to the center’s residential program, which lasts 28 days. All programming is gender-specific and includes group and individual counseling, recreational activities, and support groups that address topics including shame, trauma, self-esteem, and relationships.

Twin Lakes Center’s outpatient treatment may be used as a step-down treatment for residential clients or a standalone treatment for individuals with less severe cases. Partial Hospitalization (PHP) meets 22 hours a week and includes four group sessions and three one-hour individual sessions. Treatment at this level primarily uses dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and 12-step methodology.

Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) focuses on relapse prevention, delivering treatment through two group sessions and one one-hour individual session each week. Outpatient treatment, which runs for less than five hours a week, consists of both individual and group sessions and is structured according to each client’s unique needs.

Twin Lakes Center’s treatment team includes a medical director, a licensed clinical social worker, nurses, and counselors.

Located on 30 acres of rural land, Twin Lakes Center offers a remote setting that promises to provide a “quiet and relaxing” environment for recovery, according to the facility’s website. Housing is divided into separate male and female units with two to five beds per room. Room and person searches are conducted regularly with the help of a drug-sniffing dog.

Clients’ progress is evaluated on a level system, and only patients at “Level 2” are permitted to make calls via a communal phone. Visitation and family sessions are arranged at each client’s counselor's discretion.

The nine alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing shared mixed reviews, but most respondents found Twin Lakes Center’s staff and programming to be effective. Alumni characterized the staff, many of whom were in recovery themselves, as “understanding” and “helpful,” and praised the “groups for all the people there.” “If I ever needed to go to rehab again or had to recommend one Twin Lakes would be it,” Jordan told Rehabs.com.

However, some alumni found the facility to be under-staffed and overcrowded. “The programs keep you busy. However, there was not enough staff and it was over priced,” Heather told Rehabs.com. Additionally, multiple respondents noted a lack of programmatic options, including holistic treatments and exercise and leisure options. “There was no real exercise or activities for us to do besides group and sitting around watching tv or playing cards,” one anonymous alum wrote.

One reviewer, J.G., gave Twin Lakes Center an overall negative review, stating that they would not recommend the facility to others. J.G. described treatment as “terrible” and complained about the “inexperienced therapists that are fresh out of college and have no education on addiction at all.”

Three of the four loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing shared mostly positive reviews of their experiences with Twin Lakes Center. Multiple respondents were complimentary of the staff. “They are very good at handling all the problems you are faced with when you enter their facility,” one anonymous loved one wrote. Despite a reportedly crowded facility, another loved one was pleased with the center’s level of follow-up. “My nephew was placed somewhere else with there help & has been in the other facility 4 about a year so far he is doing really good...because of twin lakes,” they wrote.

However, S.H., the wife of prospective client, complained about disorganization and poor handling of insurance issues. “The staff have been rude, inconsiderate, and unprofessional… They are making it difficult for people who want to get help,” she wrote.

According to Somerset Hospital’s website, Twin Lakes Center works with a number of insurance providers. Funding through the county Drug and Alcohol office is available for individuals without insurance.

Published on January 2018

This place is for people like me who are trying to stay out of jail

My fiancé Went there for help the driver couldn’t even find the place he was totally disrespected like a M.F. Just like everybody else there trying to get help

this place completely SUCKED! From the staff talking about other patients too other patients is very unprofessional. The counselors, well some were very kind to me, and others like one CRS in particular was very nasty to others and thought he was gold or something. never showed me or anyone I witnessed him interact with respect. But I would NOT recommend this place to anyone I know, or anyone that would ask. Its not a place I will ever go too again If need be. Nor let anyone I know go to TWIN LAKES . Yalllll succckkk.

I love Twin Lakes for a few reasons and disliked it for a few also. I do think they have the best detox I have been to, they detox with subutex which I liked because suboxone has always made me sick. They don't leave you in there sick, they start out at 14 mg. So, you are comfortable but don't expect to be medicated until bedtime meds even if you arrive early in the morning. The doctor was nice and understanding and I've never felt judged there. I wish they had a little more downtime because it's class after class on a hard seat in the basement once your out of detox. They only provide lunch and dinner which is from Somerset Hospital and it's edible at best. Although they do have an abundance of breakfast freezer food, bagels, and some fruit you are welcome to eat all day. I would recommend this facility, it's much better in the summer when you can atleast go outside and enjoy the scenery and lake! Most staff are great, your always gonna have those few at any rehab that are rude or uncompassionate, whether it's a nurse, counselor, or reg staff. I did leave early the last time I was there due to personal issues I had going on, but if I ever needed to go to rehab again or had to recommend one Twin Lakes would be it.

My name is Deloris Rocco. I came to your faculty suffering from an addiction of crack cocaine and alcoholism. I believe I am working on 12 years of continuous recovery without any hiccups along my way. My first 32 days of sobriety started the day I walked thru your facility doors. Along with that my fiancee will be entering your facility shortly after our arrival back into the area.

great staff, very kind and understanding staff

They have good groups for all the people there. It's to easy to smuggle drugs in there which compromises the patients. The facility wasn't terrible but it lacked a lot when I was there. There was no real exercise or activities for us to do besides group and sitting around watching tv or playing cards. They didn't give fair chances if you relapsed while still in treatment and would just kick you out.

they work hard to try to get the person in another place if they need more help then they can give. not enough family time, my nephew was placed somewhere else with there help & has been in the other facility 4 about a year so far he is doing really good...because of twin lakes

My husband wanted to receive counseling for his alcoholism. We have had nothing but difficulty with this agency. We are limited on where he can receive treatment as a result of him only having Tricare. The staff have been rude, inconsiderate, and unprofessional. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and work in another agency, so I understand the system. However, this place is disorganized and rude. They are making it difficult for people who want to get help.

Terrible treatment. Inexperienced therapists that are fresh out of college and have no education on addiction at all. Staff drama and chaos made my stay miserable. I'd never recommend this place to anyone!

The programs keep you busy. However, there was not enough staff and it was over priced.

The counseling exercises were great; however, there were not enough visiting days. It helped me with things to overcome my addiction and gave me a lot of people to talk to about things that happened.

They are very good at handling all the problems you are faced with when you enter their facility. However, there is not enough room to house all of the ones that need help. They are there to help you, but you must want the help in order for it to be effective

It was an overall great facility; however, it could have used better holistic offerings.

The staff are the most helpful while most of them struggled with addiction their selves.