Spirit Mountain Recovery

3181 East 3350 North, Eden, Utah, 84310

About the Facility

We are proud to be In-Network with TriCare Insurance and working with our active duty and retired service members and their families! Many of our professional staff are prior military. Check out our New Innovative 2 Week In-Residence Stabilization and Assessment Program! It is Spirit Mountain Recovery’s belief that substance use addictions are a multi-phasic disorder of the mind, body, and spirit. As such, the Company’s esteemed team of Medical, Clinical, Holistic and Peer Support Specialists work closely together with our clients in order to stabilize, educate and rehabilitate individuals suffering from life threatening substance use afflictions while simultaneously treating their underlying mental health issues that also could be triggering them. Our remarkably compassionate and non-judgmental approach to recovery helps our clients learn to love themselves once again and find joy in their recovery!

Highly Effective Evidence-Based Substance Use Disorder Treatment

Spirit Mountain Recovery integrates the best of clinical expertise, patient values and research evidence into its decision making processes for client care. SMR makes extensive use of Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) as the basis of its recovery programs.

Simultaneous Treatment of Co-Occurring Mental Health Issues

Spirit Mountain Recovery’s Psychiatrist and Psychologist are not only uniquely qualified to treat drug addiction, but are also able to assess and diagnose most often co-occurring mental health conditions such as Bipolar, depression, anxiety and other mood disorders in addition to adult ADD/ADHD and PTSD.

• 30 Day to 6 Month Treatment Programs for Men
  • Purposely Smaller 8 Bed Mountain Home
  • Industry Leading 2:1 Client to Professional Staff Ratio
Michael Scott Roundy, MD

Michael Scott Roundy, MD

Medical Director, Medical Doctor & Psychiatrist

Dr. Roundy graduated from the Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences, Felix Edward Hebert School of Medicine, in 1992, and then completed his Residency at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego, California. Following his Residency Dr. Roundy served a tour in Kuwait as a Medical Officer in the Navy. Dr. Roundy is certified by the American Boards of Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. With 27 years of experience, Dr. Roundy assesses, diagnoses and treats not only substance abuse, but also other co-occurring mental health illnesses such as bi-polar, depression, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia. Dr. Roundy treatments rely on a mix of medications and psychotherapy.

Show Bio
Todd Soutor, PhD

Todd Soutor, PhD

Clinical Director & Psychologist

Dr. Soutor earned his B.A. Degree in Psychology from Dartmouth College and his Ph.D. in Psychology from Utah State University. While at Spirit Mountain, or in private practice, Dr. Soutor has performed a variety of assignments in psychological testing, assessments, diagnoses as well as individual, group and family therapeutic counseling. Dr. Soutor has also served as the Director of Intensive Services for Davis Behavioral Health Care, Kaysville, Utah, to include oversight of the Residential Crisis Response Unit and Jail Based Mental Health Services. Dr. Soutor is a Mental Health and Substance Abuse Certified Trainer-Examiner and a Member of the Executive Leadership Team for the State of Utah.

Show Bio
Financial Details
  • Financing Available
  • Sorry we do not accept Medicaid or Medicare
  • Special 2 Week Stabilization and Assessment Program

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT SPIRIT MOUNTAIN RECOVERY FOR MEN

Located in Eden, Utah, Spirit Mountain Recovery provides a full continuum of treatment programs for adult men struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. Services include upscale residential treatment, day treatment, an intensive outpatient program (IOP), and medical detoxification, among others.

According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 51 percent of rehabs in Utah offer a treatment program tailored to adult men. The same survey indicates that 51.5 percent offer IOP, 27.2 percent offer residential treatment, and 25.1 percent offer day treatment.

Before beginning treatment, clients undergo an initial substance misuse assessment and psychiatric evaluation to help clinicians determine an appropriate level of care and individualized plan of care. Spirit Mountain Recovery blends evidence-based treatment approaches such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational interviewing (MI), with holistic and experiential methods.

To be admitted to the residential program, clients must complete three to five days of detox and commit to at least 30 days of treatment. Most clients stay in residential care between 45 and 90 days. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 26.4 percent of rehabs in Utah offer a long-term (30 days or more) residential treatment program.

According to the facility's website, its programming focuses on diagnosing an individual's co-occurring mental health concerns. Residents may attend group and individual counseling sessions, as well as receive ongoing medication management. Family counseling is also available and highly recommended.

Spirit Mountain Recovery's day treatment involves a minimum of 20 hours of weekly programming similar to that offered through residential care. IOP involves up to 10 hours of weekly programming, consisting of relapse prevention workshops and counseling sessions. Spirit Mountain Recovery also offers aftercare counseling services to help clients successfully transition back into the community.

With a client to staff ratio of 2:1, Spirit Mountain Recovery employs a highly experienced staff comprised of psychiatrists, licensed social workers, nurses, therapists, dieticians, personal trainers, and peer support specialists. The facility is one of 64 rehabs in Utah (26.8 percent of all rehabs in the state) that is certified by the Joint Commission.

Nestled in northern Utah's Wasatch Mountains, Spirit Mountain Recovery's upscale residential facility can accommodate up to eight clients. Residents enjoy private or semi-private bedrooms, outdoor patios with mountain vistas, fitness facilities, and a private on-site chef. Spirit Mountain Recovery provides transportation and organizes regular outings for its residents. Recreational activities include equine therapy, yoga sessions, guided meditation, therapeutic massages, mountain ranch activities, regular exercise, and other activities.

The ten alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing praised the facility, all offering perfect five out of five-star ratings for the facility's overall effectiveness. M.F., the lone alum that evaluated more specific metrics of the facility, also offered five-star ratings for the facility's counseling options, its discharge planning, the staff's level of experience and training. "The staff truly cares about the residents and goes the extra mile for each and every one of them," he wrote.

The other alumni agreed with this positive assessment and tended to praise the facility's individualized treatment approach and the facility's staff. "That fact that I was blessed to get complete and personally customized treatment was amazing," P.W.M. wrote.

On the facility's official Facebook page, which staff can manage, five alumni all gave perfect five-star ratings.[1]

The four loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date supported positive alumni reviews, also praising the facility's staff, its personalized programming, as well as the level of family involvement. "The providers and staff at Spirit Mountain gave me my son back," Stephanie wrote. A.K., a spouse of a client, wrote: "They tailored his treatment to our needs and where there for us every step of the way." Two loved ones on Facebook also left five-star reviews.

According to Spirit Mountain Recovery's website, the specific cost of treatment programs can vary widely and are usually dependent on a variety of factors. The facility accepts most private insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, and United Health Care.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/spiritmountainrecovery/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Accreditations & Licenses
  • NAATP
  • Joint Commission
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

4.9/5

• Joshua D.
    This place is amazing. Going into and committing to rehab is the best thing I have ever done for my self and my family/friends. The owners and other staff really made it feel like people actually cared because they do. I didn't just feel like another client or patient. I felt like I am actually good enough. I have only been home a few days but everyone keeps telling me I look and sound great. I also know this is not a one stop 30 day fix. Spirit Mountain helped me realize what I need to do and where I want to go. Spirit Mountain is my trail head.
  • kevin boscardin
    I was at Spirit Mountain for 90 days. The time i spent there was awesome. They come to you with open arms and from day one are on your side. All they want is to help you find your true self and try and get the most out of your time there. Their doctors are great and help you with any of your needs. They have great meetings on important topics. The staff is great and willing to help you any hour of the day. Even when your time is over they still keep in contact with you to make sure your doing great. I recommend spirit Mountain to any guy that needs to take a break from life and want to find them self's again.
  • B.H.
    Spirit mountain has been the best decision I've ever made. They provide a multiple approach treatment plan that includes clinical diagnosing, the 12 step and refuge recovery approach, and they also get you involved in the process of doing everyday activities while in a safe setting. From my experience, having those combination of approaches has helped direct my life into a life of peace and sobriety. The staff are amazing and are willing to help with anything they can. I've not met a nicer group of individuals. It's very well structured, the medical group there is very professional, food and exercise is very well put together for a healthy diet. Having a few more staff members would benefit.
  • Cody
    Spirit mountain. yeah they'll get you sober!
  • Conor
    Spirit Mountain Recovery is an amazing treatment center unlike any other. Both the medical staff and peer support staff is excellent. They do not treat you as just another patient, they treat you as family. They know what it takes to successfully recover. IThe support I have received has been amazing. I had been to another treatment center previously and it no where compares to the treatment I received at Spirit Mountain. They show you how to recover and find happiness in sobriety. I am forever grateful for the time I spent at Spirit Mountain Recovery.
  • SC
    Realistic, caring rehab center with an approach that helps you beat your addiction(s) while preparing you with life skills to be successful post inpatient treatment.
  • Jimmy
    Spirit Mountain recovery was a second Family for me that assisted me in my recovery.
  • Aaron
    The spirit mountain environment and staff are wonderful. They saved my life. I definitely choose the right place for my recovery.
  • Matthew
    Spirit Mountain saved my life. The staff truly cares about the residents and goes the extra mile for each and every one of them. This truly is a VIP program. Spirit Mountain is individually tailored to help each client in their own unique way. This is not a boot camp. This is a place of love and healing. Spirit Monday currently does not have a program for women or adolescents.
  • Kirsten
    It's so difficult to write what I wish to say in person. The providers and staff at Spirit Mountain gave me my son back. I can't describe how it is to be a mother who watched her son take the other path. I sat by his bedside watching him take each breath in the hospital after overdose. I sat in the confinement room with him, when he was talking of imaginary things high as a kite. I saw his crumpled body in our front yard one morning covered in frost and believed he was dead. I picked him up with glass shards still coming out of his hair after he fell asleep at the wheel and totaled the car. How many cars now? And later the handcuffs and chains, lawyers, letters to my house from so many. Many treatment centers he attended and somehow, in this immense universe my son found Spirit Mountain. I'm forever grateful for everyone there, the persistence, the personalization and genuine caring that came with his treatment. Maybe now I can begin my own healing, that has been on hold while my son dangled on the thin life line for way too long. Thank you from the depths of my soul. He not only has life and hope, he has purpose.
  • Stephanie
    Spirit Mountain Recovery was a lifesaver for our son. He had tried other treatment programs and nothing had worked. Our son was at Spirit mountain for 90+ days and he needed that time to get his head cleared from his drug addiction. We are so grateful to the staff and Dr.'s that helped our son recover. They gave him the tools he needed to continue in his sobriety. Thank you Spirit Mountain Recovery!
    Lets get this str8.. Spirit Mountain is not a rehab its a life enhancement cent. If your going to be there man up and be ready to face yourself. The people here are to good to have their time wasted. Ive been through many rehabilitation centers and they cant even touch the care level of this place. The staff is amazing. The Farnis know what their doing.. So if you dont trust yourself or anything youdo anymore trust these guys to help u make something out of yourself. Just do it already youknow what to do
  • T&J M
    Our son was struggling with substance abuse and was disorientated from a manic episode when we found Spirit Mountain Recovery. They took him in as family and worked with him day in and day out with the most loving and professional care. The doctors were extremely talented and worked constantly to diagnose and understand his condition.The counseling he has received has made him be at peace with himself and to understand how wonderful and loved he is. They have helped him to understand how to live a sober healthy and happy life style.He is back in school now and growing stronger everyday.The staff have become a part of our family. They do not just push you through the system.They truly care and our son has a great comfort and love for all the people at Spirit Mountain. We are so proud of how our son has opened up and worked hard at his recovery. He did the hard work and he continues to focus on sobriety with the help of the incredible staff at Spirit Mountain.
  • Patrick martin
    Spirit mountain helped me gain sanity. They have treated me family. We hit all aspects of recovery from the spiritual to the physical. If you are sick and tired of the life you we're living this place will help you grow and readjust to life.
  • PWM
    Where do I begin? That fact that I was blessed to get complete and personally customized treatment was amazing. I have never experienced rehabilitation like this before. The clinical staff is highly recommended and very knowledgeable. The residential staff were understanding, patient, and extremely supportive. I was not pressured into ideology that did not sit right with me. I was able to establish a routine and engage in various methods of therapy which in turn has ultimately saved my life. There is not enough vernacular to express the gratitude and debt I have for Spirit Mountain Recovery. I fully recommend this facility to anyone and everyone that has the opportunity. You will believe what you think only your dreams perceive eventually allowing your soul to be relieved.
  • AK
    Spirit Mountain is amazing. They helped my husband and saved our family. I cannot say enough good about them. They tailored his treatment to our needs and where there for us every step of the way. They are professional yet you know that they genuinely care about your recovery. I highly recommend them.
  • Peter
    It is hard these days to find a treatment center that truly cares intimately and personally for their clients. It seems a lot of centers just try to get as many people as possible to grow their business. I speak from experience. 10 years in grips of addiction and 3 treatment centers later I was still struggling. That is when I luckily found Spirit Mountain Recovery. They are very exclusive only working with a handful of clients at a time. This made a big difference for me as I began to feel an overwhelming amount of love and compassion from their staff each day. They cared about my life and my issues consistently day in and day out and actually still do to this day even though I graduated a long time ago. Once you come to Spirit Mountain Recovery you gain a team of all stars in helping you beat your addiction for life. I know I can always rely on and depend upon each relationship I built at Spirit Mountain to help me navigate the complexities of living in sobriety and I know I can count on them the rest of my life.