St. Joseph Health - Mission Pacific Coast Recovery in Laguna Beach, CA

Call (866) 633-6787 to Contact St. Joseph Health - Mission Pacific Coast Recovery

31872 Coast Highway
Laguna Beach CA 92651

St. Joseph Health - Mission Pacific Coast Recovery Philosophy

Located in the seaside community of Laguna Beach, Mission Pacific Coast Recovery (MPCR) offers hospital-based care for alcohol and drug addiction. The substance abuse rehab combines a holistic treatment approach with 12-Step philosophy to address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each client. Non-judgmental and compassionate care is provided by a multidisciplinary team of addiction medicine specialists, including physicians, nurses, certified drug/alcohol counselors, psychologists and recreational therapists. The secluded hospital’s front yard is just steps from the beach, offering clients a spiritually relaxing and reassuring place for recovery.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Interventions

Partial Hospitalization Program

Inpatient Medical Detoxification

Daniel J. Headrick, MD

Medical Director and Co-Founder – Mission Pacific Coast Recovery

Daniel Headrick, M.D. is the Medical Director and Co-Founder of the Mission Pacific Coast Recovery. Unlike most treatment center Medical Directors, Dr. Headrick does not maintain a private practice but instead dedicates all of his time to the care and treatment of the patients of Mission Pacific Coast Recovery. This unique commitment of time establishes a standard of care that is rarely matched in any other treatment setting.

Kim O'Donnell, CATC, ARISE Intern

Intake & Outreach Manager

Kim O'Donnell has extensive experience in the organization and implementation of opening and operating facilities, encompassing primary and continuing care treatments and sober living. She has worked within the academic and community recovery systems including Medical, Social, and Behavioral Modification Models. Kim is a graduate of Saddleback College with certifications in Drug and Alcohol Counseling, Family Mediation, and Prevention Education. As a Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor (CATC) she is an active board member of the California Association of Alcohol and Drug Educators (CAADE) and the Addiction Counselor Certification Board of California (ACCBC). Trained in ARISE Intervention techniques, Crisis Intervention, and Relapse Prevention. Living in recovery for well over a decade and half, Kim combines care, dignity, connection, and compassion with her own life experiences in addiction and recovery to helping individuals and their families enter treatment

ABOUT ST. JOSEPH HEALTH – MISSION PACIFIC COAST RECOVERY CENTER

Mission Pacific Coast Recovery Center (MPCR) in Laguna Beach, Calif., provides a continuum of care for those dealing with substance abuse. The facility offers a medically-managed detox program alongside residential, intensive outpatient (IOP), outpatient, partial hospitalization (PHP), and aftercare programs.

Treatment begins with medically managed detoxification that lasts five to seven days, if necessary. Clients are overseen by highly-trained detox specialists. In California, 15 percent of the residential programs also offer detox programs. Following an assessment, a primary counselor works with clients to develop individualized treatment plans.

Clients at MPCR participate in individual therapy sessions and twice weekly group counseling. Programming is rooted in the 12-Steps with Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings. The 12-Steps program is used in 77.3 percent of the treatment facilities in California.

Those enrolled in the residential treatment program attend educational workshops, addiction and nutrition education, physical and recreational therapy, and family therapy. Family therapy is an important part of the treatment process as it rebuilds each client’s support network. Recreational therapy can also be beneficial as it helps clients learn sober living skills and new hobbies.

Following treatment, alumni can participate in continuing care therapy groups with day and evening options. The alumni group is open to any client that successfully completes the treatment program.

MPCR employs a board-certified psychiatrist, nurses, licensed counselors, spiritual care professionals, nutritionists, registred nurses, and marriage and family therapists.

Residents can admire the nearby beach and ocean from their shared or private rooms. Daily living needs are provided for including meals, housekeeping, and laundry. Transportation can also be arranged for off-site appointments.

The sole alum responding to a Rehabs.com survey, A.J.H., gave MPCR mostly four out of five stars for most metrics. A.J.H. gave the facility five out of five star ratings for the facility’s accommodations, meal quality, cleanliness, and staff experience. The survey respondent wrote: “If you have to go to an inpatient treatment facility, this is a beautiful one with ocean views. I don't think that is all that important in getting clean, but if you can afford a fancy rehab, go for it.” However, the alum gave four stars for its holistic offerings and inclusion, level of staff support, and respect.

On Google, six reviewers gave MPCR an average 3.7 out of five stars.[1] J.H. wrote how it was: “The best program of the many I have been to. Highest professional standards of any.” Another reviewer, Barry, indicated that the facility “well equpped” to deal with addiction.

MPCR accepts most major insurance plans, including TRICARE, Aetna, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. It is also one of the 273 (20.8 percent) of facilities in the state that accept Medicare.

Published on January 2019

RT

My honest opinion this hospital and staff were the worst place & doctor(s) I've ever encountered in my life. Staff did not do anything positive to help my unwilling stay at Mission Laguna Beach Behavior Unit. I was charged for products I did not receive but not limited to such as nicotine gum & other services that I've never even tried in my life. This Doctors & staff made many serious medical report errors even such as my gender in his falsified & very untrue medical reports he reported false words defaming my character & seriously damaging my life. He reported total lies about me. He stated in his false & very untrue hospital daily report but not limited to social worker(s) and others very damaging false information that stated untrue words I never stated. Under his care I was put In a room with a disgusting mentally ill offender who came towards me doing a terrible disgusting act. I was put into a shower that was used as a toilet by others with only cold water while the door was pounded on by a nurse. A video camera was in my room over looking my bed. Staff walked into my room every 15 minutes made noise waking me up all night. When I was there violence was not uncommon with yelling & screaming all the time. I was told various times they were releasing me but when the time came they started they had changed there minds. My family came to hearing to have my released they all wanted me released everyone of them. Staff member lied & tricked my family in my 3 day court hearing with untrue statements. Beware of this scam they are called (Patients Advocates) this system this staff used tricked my family totally. The hospital staff lied and would not let my family see me before or during the 3 day court hearing. Staff stated to my family I'd be out in a couple days if the made a untrue statement about myself. I have prof of this. Beware advocate this hospital provided was not on my family's or my side at all. I was physically hit by other patients more than once, it was very dangerous at this hospital and was interrogated & fully tortured. I was over drugged by this Doctor that gave me a dangerously high blood pressure levels, the hospital falsified writing on various admission documents that I was forced under treat to unwilling sign. I could not read because hospital would not read the print. I wrote notes on paper work that were removed by staff when I ordered copies. That cost over $60.00. I was forced to do more than one AKG service I didn't want or ordered. The staff at night would remove blanket(s) from some patients beds they wanted to torture and put the cold air system on making patients freeze & this was done to me many of the nights. I filed a writ & l had been in the awful terrible asylum for 17 days and a God sent real OC Judge from the Santa Ana Orange County Court & My court appointed attorney. Outside the Laguna Mission hospital. I was released by this Judge and my life was saved from certain death. Note: If you have medical insurance or even Medicare you maybe in this awful system way longer than ever needed or wanted to to be in then those with no insurance who are out in most cases I saw very quickly before 3 days. Beware of this system that involves dishonest doctors, hospital & others. I could hear staff talking about various air-bore diseases not limit to TB, (MRSA) because of the urine, feces & other bodily fluids that are put in the carpet floors by sick persons. Carpets were not cleaned regularly when I was there. I saw hazard warning tape put in door ways more than once. Any persons who writes anything good about this place are making profit in some form or another or are friends with employ(s) or enjoy torturing the poor victims that are being abused in this awful place. Legal hold patient(s) are by far treated the much worse. Because the laws make it nearly impossible for the hospital staff to be held legally accountable for how they treat legal hold patients. So this hospital totally abused me & acted anyway they choose even physical, psychological torture & worse. This really happened to me & I never needed or wanted to be there. The medical bill is over $72,000 and growing. This is a Massive Scam

AJH