Steps Recovery Centers in Payson, UT

996 W 800 S
Payson UT 84651

Steps Recovery Centers Philosophy

We believe in a three-stage approach to complete recovery. Stage 1 - Intervention and social detox. Stage 2 - Diagnosis and customized care. Stage 3 - Sober living for a lifetime.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Intensive Out Patient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Residential

Anger Management Classes

Individualized Support

Tyler Hansen

General Manager

Tyler Hansen was born raised in Orem, Utah. After struggling with the disease of addiction and losing a brother to an overdose, he now has almost 7 years clean and sober. He is a ASUD-C or advanced certified substance abuse counselor and also assists with the Utah County Jail RISE program in bringing hope to those without it.

Dr. Mark Keep

Medical Director

Dr. Keep has been in healthcare for 36 years. A former cardiologist, he was an advanced life support medic in central California for 5 years in the early 1980’s prior to attending medical school at Albany Medical College in Albany, NY. He now one of the leading addictionologists in Utah and his understanding of client issues unparalleled.

ABOUT STEPS RECOVERY

Steps Recovery Centers’ provides residential, outpatient (OP), and intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment for men and women struggling with substance abuse. Based approximately 60 miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah, the program’s Payson location runs “social detox” –– a peer-supported recovery that does not involve medical monitoring, though clients may bring prescribed Suboxone as a taper. About 37% of treatment centers in Utah provide residential treatment.

According to Steps Recovery Centers’ website, its treatment programs rely heavily on the 12-Steps for a more holistic approach and are divided into three distinct stages. In the first stage, intervention and social detox, clients support one another in a highly structured non-medical setting.

In the next stage –– diagnosis and customized care––clients have access to various inpatient and outpatient treatment options, depending on their personal needs and circumstances. Programming combines individual, group, and family therapy with an impressive array of seasonal recreational, holistic and experiential therapies, including yoga, equine therapy, a ropes course, hiking, solo camping, skiing, canoeing, tai chi, and rock climbing.

The third and final stage consists of lifelong access to aftercare, including a promise that anyone who relapses may return to treatment free of charge. Alumni polled by Rehabs.com reported staying in treatment between 30 to 90 days.

According to its website, the Payson facility’s staff includes a Ph.D.-level licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), a recreation therapist, a case manager, and a sober living counselor. The Payson facility maintains a staff-to-client ratio of 3:1.

In a residential neighborhood facing Utah’s Loafer Mountain, the Payson facility hosts up to 30 residents in private rooms and features a basketball court and a ropes course. Other recreational amenities include adaptive sports, IMAX visits, go-karts, ceramic painting, and dozens more listed on the facility’s website.

The seven people surveyed by Rehabs.com on the center's accommodations and amenities gave an average of four out of five stars.

Alumni left mostly positive feedback. Of the eight alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, six gave positive feedback and two provided negative opinions about Steps Recovery Center. Alumni praised the staff and rated them highly. Three alumni gave five out of five stars for the staff's support, and one alum gave five stars for the staffs level of training and experience.

"They didn't just treat me, they treated my entire family," an alum wrote. "I wouldn't have my family today were it not for the staff at Steps."

Both negative reviewers complained about the price of treatment and one alum complained about the program's ineffectiveness.

To date, the 27 individuals who left Google Reviews for the Payson-based facility gave an average of 4.2 out of five stars. Most of the negative feedback was about the expensive program and problems with billing. "Services are overpriced," one alum wrote. "They only care about their money." [1]

However, most reviews are positive. Praises include calling it the best, the caring staff, great experiences, and some alum wrote program changed their life. "I loved my experience here. I was able to connect with the community and the staff really cared about my recovery," an alum wrote in a representative review.

The two people who left Yelp reviews for the facility both gave one out of five stars overall. The alums also complained about money issues and lack of organization. [2]

D.J., the one loved one polled by Rehabs.com to date, applauded the program’s family involvement, adding that they “learned so much about addiction and how it effects the whole family.”

Rehabs.com has yet to receive any reviews from this facility’s staffers or former employees. Yet, the 11 people who left reviews for Steps Recovery Centers on Indeed to date gave an average of 3.7 out of five stars. [3]

Most staffers praised the center, its staff and called it a great place to work. "The staff are passionate about their work and arrive each day believing that what they may accomplish could save a life of those they serve," a current employee wrote in a representative review.

Some negative feedback included bad job security and bad communication.

Steps Recovery Centers accepts several private insurance providers including Intermountain Healthcare, Deseret Mutual, PEHP, Select Health, Molina Healthcare, and Wise Networks. Those who qualify for financial aid may have up to 60% of the cost of their treatment covered.

[1] https://goo.gl/Z4mVAB
[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/steps-recovery-center-payson-2
[3] https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Steps-Recovery-Center/reviews

Published on February 2018

Love this place.

Both my wife and I have received love and support from everyone at Steps Orem. The have helped me work through the crap that kept me sick and I’m feeling happy for the first time since I can remember. My realationship with my wife has improved monumentally as she has had therapy and couples counseling with me. We are communicating, and working on things that we never before have even discussed. Catered to my spiritual beliefs and helped me correlate recovery with God. So grateful to them all!

Too many Amitures pretending to run a professional business. Unfortunately they only care about money...not helping people to succeed in life. They are too quick to take your money and then turn around to kick you out on the street.

greatest place ever for recovery the counselors r amazing

I attended steps last month for a total of four days and could not stay due to the inability to effectively detox off of bath salts. My insurance paid them upwards of $60,000 and I had to bring $7k of my own money. I waited a week after leaving and felt that only 4 days of treatment I should be entitled to some of my money that I brought in returned. I spoke to ex addaddict who is head of admissions now and he offered no resolution and nobody else who we could speak with. Aside from that most everything else was satisfactory. Thank you

Staff and owner really care about clients. Over population. I am a recovering herion addict who has ben sober since 11/16/11 before coming to steps recovery center i was hopeless lost didnt want to live any longer was also sick of dying so i went there didnt have much faith in anything at all didn't think it would work for me because i tryed getting sober on my own i was scared going into treatment but i was welcomed and treated as part of a family from the start after my 30 days i decided i wanted to stay the 90 but didn't have the funds to do so so the owner came to me and told me that he has had good report's from the staff and they wanted to sponcer me so i stayed the 90 days went to the gym every day then went into sober living for 4 mo after that they helped me find a job helped me with after care. I really owe my life to steps recovery center.

They didn't just treat me, they treated my entire family. I wouldn't have my family today were it not for the staff at Steps.

Education family involved learned so much about addiction and how it effects the whole family

Place is awesome

It was a new program when I entered, but it was a good program and it did help me learn a lot of skills that I seriously needed. It could have been better, but i know that since I have been there they have made a lot of improvements so I am sure it is much better now.