Stepworks Recovery Centers, Elizabethtown

1207 Woodland Dr., Elizabethtown, Kentucky, 42701

About Stepworks Recovery Centers, Elizabethtown

We believe that each person who walks through our door for residential treatment has a unique story, personality, and set of spiritual beliefs. While our curriculum is consistent, our treatment plans are individualized to meet your specific needs. Stepworks has been in business for over 10 years, helping more than 6,000 clients achieve sobriety! Our long-term success rate is 78% – more than double the national average.

Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Residential Treatment

• Family Sessions
  • Exercise Equipment
  • Individual Therapy

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT STEPWORKS RECOVERY CENTERS, ELIZABETHTOWN

In operation since 2007, Stepworks Recovery Centers offers rehabilitation services to clients in Kentucky. Located 50 miles south of Louisville, the center in Elizabethtown offers detox, residential care, and aftercare for individuals struggling with substance misuse. It is one of five facilities operated in Kentucky by Stepworks Recovery Centers. According to a 2017 SAMHSA survey, 5.6 percent of rehabs offer detox in a residential setting.

Clients receive an initial assessment to determine which type of service would work best for them. Both alcohol and drug detox are available. A trained team monitors clients’ progress during detox. For clients entering the residential program, they may spend the first day or two in detox.

Rooted in 12-Step, the residential program is 30 days long, making Stepworks one of 40 (11.1 percent) rehabs in Kentucky that offer a long-term (30+ days) residential treatment program.

Treatment is structured to allow clients to derive strength from one another, and to provide them with the necessary tools for lasting recovery through individual, group, and family therapy and psychoeducation about the nature of addiction and recovery.

The organization contracts with a medical professional, who is in contact with on-site staff at all times, and who attends weekly meetings at the facility. According to the facility’s website, group and individual therapy is carried out by trained therapists, though their precise credentials are not provided. Stepworks is certified by CARF, an accreditation held by 23.7 percent of rehabs in Kentucky.

Clients live in shared rooms in a 32-bed facility. Extracurricular activities include nature walks, activity courses, and basketball. Clients may not have cell phones, laptops, or tablets on-site. Laundry services are available.

The seven alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date provided mixed reviews. On the positive end of the spectrum, alum A. claimed that the staff was nonjudgmental and compassionate, while alum B. shared that she"loves" them and encouraged staff to "keep up the good work."

The majority, however, took issue with both particular staff members and staff in general. Two alumni each mentioned that staff were "unprofessional"; one anonymous alum claimed in a representative review that "If you have problems with another person, the staff doesn't handle the problem appropriately I definitely wouldn't go back to this place."

Reviews on Google, where the facility holds an average rating of 4.1 out of five stars based on 36 reviews, was far more positive.[1] Numerous reviewers praised the facility's treatment staff. In a representative comment, alum De wrote, "I am very happy with the treatment and structure I received here. The staff members are AMAZING!!!!!! I highly recommend Stepworks to anyone seeking help."

Three loved ones submitted commentary to Rehabs.com to date; two were positive and the other was negative. One of the positive reviewers gave the center three out of five stars for its holistic options, and four or five stars for all 14 of the other evaluated treatment metrics, including its overall effectiveness, treatment for co-occurring disorders, and counseling options.

“Caring staff, effective treatment,” this anonymous reviewer wrote in representative commentary. “They gave my friend her best chance at repairing her life and moving forward in a positive manner.” However, the negative reviewer wrote: "Stay 31 days and they won't let she graduate and don't let she call anyone to pick her up she just tuck off walking."

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website regarding its costs.

Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

3.9/5

• Jeremy
    I appreciate everything yall did.
  • William
    NA
    They were good.They seemed to actually care. They needed more personnel.
  • Josh
    I got more help from the other clients there. The nurse staff weren't very professional. The food was barely enough. When I was leaving the discovered that they gave all my belongings away and told me I should have made sure that my name was spelled right on my stuff. If you have any medical problems don't go there. Do not go there. Hey do t care about sobriety they care about getting paid
  • Anna
    This place is nothing but love it.i was on my death bed when I came through there doors. The staff did not judge me they showed nothing but compassion they saved me.
  • Mr
    Let me help you here DON\'T CHOOSE this rehad, I just left and here is the truth be ready to hear FROM EXPERIENCE. I was only in detox for one day and a half then they throw you out of detox for the next money head to come into detox all about the money not you. So 1 and a half days thew out of detox into a total different building were then you get locked out of your rooms from 8a to 8p it was nothing short of a nightmare. The night nurse is so rude short blond old spiky hair yeap she\'s a real evil lady.. there are two people there that care about you that\'s the day nurse in detox and the administration lady. PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU WANT SOBRIETY FOR YOURSELF OR LOVED ON PLEASE DONT CHOOSE THIS PLACE PLEASE
  • Britney
    It was hard at first. I hated not having my cell phone and no contact with the out side world but I was thankful in the end and understood why it was important to be sperate from the \"real world\". I loved this place and they saved my life. I love the staff as well. Keep up the good work Step works. Xoxo
  • Carly
    This is one of the worst treatment centers I have ever visited. I went there almost 4 years ago and (stayed sober since) have attended one and visited many since... My detox was terrible and a Doctor never checked on me. They just left me in bed. Where I shared a room and bathroom with ELEVEN other girls! The place was not clean at all and the staff really didn\'t care about it. I was so scared detoxing and everyone pretty much just told me to get over it. ...They were not supportive or comforting at all. Thank goodness I didn\'t drink, continued with AA and left to go to a real treatment center (Hazelden in center city Minnesota) and was able to stay sober. Terrible place I do not recommend at all. Hopefully this place will not be anyone\'s first experience of the 12 steps because they are likely to run from sobriety after this experience and not come back. Also it was the patients responsibility to cook all the other patients too...
    I stay there 30 days and I don\'t like at all you never know if you stay there you can get kicked out even on last moment there\'s was a lady that. Stay 31 days and they won\'t let she graduate and don\'t let she call anyone to pick her up she just tuck off walking ,some staff members...are very evil...sun as you get sick or complaint they look for a reason to kick you out , at night and weekends people do what ever they want , the staff it\'s not professional at all .
    Caring staff, effective treatment It was the best decision to attend the facility and address issues. They gave my friend her best chance at repairing her life and moving forward in a positive manner
    It being a 30 day treatment program, the staff thoroughly covered steps one and two Hardly any ways to actually talk to family, except on visiting days The living space was very small It was very expensive to get in If you have problems with another person, the staff doesn't handle the problem appropriately I definitely wouldn't go back to this place
  • Lena
    They not only helped me, they helped my family understand. They helped repair important relationships and really tried to help me build a support system before I left the safety of the facility.