Stonegate Center in Azle, TX

7510 FM 1886
Azle TX 76020

Stonegate Center Philosophy

We believe addiction is an issue of the heart. When a man is living in the fullness of his calling, knows his purpose, & understands God's vision for his life he is unlikely to use substances. We believe addiction starts as an attempt to medicate a wound. Usually that wound is something based in deep pain, shame, or fear. Most often it has been suppressed for so long that it is hard for the addict to recognize the effect on his life.
We believe that these wounds/deeper issues of the heart are the things that need to be addressed for true freedom from addiction. Spiritually, we introduce men to a God that loves them unconditionally. Mentally, our licensed therapists help them sort out the tangles in our clients lives & offer new solutions to their struggles. Physically, Our Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors address the nuts & bolts of addiction. They educate clients about the physical effects that drugs & alcohol have on our lives. They also address how to identify triggers & manage cravings. Ultimately we believe freedom is found in Christ. At Stonegate, God uses willing men He has equipped to speak the truth in love in to restore sanity to the broken.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Stonegate offers aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc. Trevor's House is a sober living program run and operated by Stonegate to ensure a consistent continuum of care for our clients. While we do not require sober living, we have seen a steady rise in the length of sobriety from those who are willing to complete a sober living program.

Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors

Christ and 12 Step Centered, Clinically Sound, State Licensed Facility

ABOUT STONEGATE CENTER

Set on 125 acres of land in small-town Azle, northwest of Fort Worth, Texas, Stonegate Center offers gender-separate, faith-based residential treatment for men and women. Detox is not available on-site, and clients must not be under the influence of drugs on arrival. The center also operates sober living facilities for men. Like 78.1 percent of rehabs in the state of Texas, Stonegate Center bases its treatment on the 12-step model of recovery.

Stonegate offers a traditional program, rounded out with some holistic elements, for those who are looking for a Christian-based recovery. In Texas, Stonegate is among the 48 percent and 45.2 percent of facilities to provide specialized, gender-specific programming for women and men, respectively.

Aside from the 12-Steps, clients participate in Christian counseling, weekly individual therapy, and group therapy. In addition, the facility utilizes eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) for clients with a history of trauma. Clients' families are also invited to attend treatment, in the form of family and/or couples' therapy.

Outside of formal counseling, clients can participate in more holistic therapies such as fitness programs, equine therapy, and a low ropes course. Residents also receive robust training in life skills to help them find their way to living healthy, productive lives in the community.

After completing the residential program, clients can take advantage of ongoing recovery support, though the specifics of this are not provided. For men who require a more structured aftercare plan, a sober-living home, Trevor's House, is available — note, sober-living facilities are not available for women.

Stonegate Center's team includes a nurse practitioner and master's level counselors. The seven individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the staff gave them glowing ratings:

Staff Training and Experience: 4.7/5

Both men and women are treated on the same 125-acre stretch of secluded land, though their programs and residences are entirely separate. Men sleep in a modern barn conversion with 32 beds, bright indoor/outdoor meeting areas, a vegetable garden, and an on-site fitness center. Women sleep in a newly built 26-bed facility with an outdoor pool, a cozy common area with a fireplace and a TV, porches, and a stylish kitchen and dining room. All bedrooms are shared, in both facilities.

According to information provided by the facility to Rehabs.com, the whole campus is non-smoking, and the seven individuals polled on the center's quality of facilities gave it excellent ratings:

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 5/5
Exercise and Leisure Options: 5/5

Alumni reviews submitted to Rehabs.com are roughly evenly split between very positive and very negative. The three alumni who were polled on the facility's performance in a variety of treatment metrics gave it three- and four-star ratings for its counseling options, but perfect five-star ratings for its family participation, faith basis, and treatment effectiveness.

All three of the very negative reviewers complained of immature or unprofessional staff. "It is staffed by a bunch of unseasoned young men who really don't understand leadership or motivation," Randy wrote in a typical comment. Isolated complaints cited "poor boy facilities" and a sense that the cost of treatment should buy more than AA guidance.

However, other reviewers repeatedly praised the center's Christian-focused treatment and the efficacy of its program. "The staff helped me find the root to a lot of my issues, they helped reconnect with Christ and build a positive community," James wrote in a typical comment.

Stonegate Cener also has mostly positive feedback on secondary sites, with average ratings of 4.5 out of five stars based on 45 reviews on Facebook (where the facility can manage its own page), 4.3 stars based on 11 reviews on Google, 3.7 stars based on 10 reviews on Yelp, and a single four-star rating on YellowPages.com.[1] [2] [3] [4]

The few negative reviews cited disorganization and an excessive interesting in making money. However, the numerous positive reviews often described life-changing care at Stonegate. "My life was completely changed in May of 2013 thanks to the caring, loving, and welcoming staff at Stonegate. I feel extremely blessed and know that it was God's will for me to find and spend 90 days at Stonegate," Jason wrote in a typical comment on Yelp.

All five of the staff polled by Rehabs.com to date gave glowing feedback. The four staffers polled on the facility's performance in a variety of treatment metrics gave an array of excellent ratings:

Family Participation: 5/5
Counseling options: 5/5
Holistic Offerings: 5/5

In their comments, the staff repeatedly praised the Christian focus of treatment as well as the staff's caring and expertise; two employees also highlighted the value of the program's 90-day length. "The Christ centered approach to recovery allows for a greater spectrum of healing and recovery. The length of treatment being 90 days allows for a fuller recovery," C.E.M. wrote in a typical comment.

Stonegate is in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield and HealthChoice, and accepts other insurances on an out-of-network basis — making the center one of the 63.1 percent of facilities in the state of Texas that accepts private insurance. The six reviewers polled on the center's affordability gave it strong ratings:

Affordability: 4.8/5

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/stonegatecenter/reviews/?ref=page_internal
[3] https://www.yelp.com/biz/stonegate-center-azle-2?osq=Stonegate+Center
[4] https://www.yellowpages.com/azle-tx/mip/stonegate-recovery-rehab-center-454344785?lid=454344785

Published on October 2018

Ksty Bates

Words can not express my gratitude for Stonegate. They were able to hhelp my daughter when I could not no matter how hard I tried. The overall case management was amazing. Julia always keep in touch with me at the sametime respecting my daughter's privacy. They addressed ever need she had. This took so much off me so I could work on myself. They do not stop assisting when your 90 days are up. They truly assist with aftercare. Thank you so much for helping my daughter and our family.

RN

The program director and executive director have absolutely nothing to do with the clients except to show up for one hour a day 3 times/week to chew out the clients. There is absolutely zero medical staff. They have a P.A. as their lead medical "doctor" and he is only there for 2-3 hours ONE TIME a week. He's incompetent. The LVN nurse that is there is extremely incompetent and is very rude. She is lazy. The living conditions in the mens facility are very poor. The facility's rooms are infested with bed bugs. The clients are made to "deep clean" the facility one time per week. The cleaning supplies are old and disgusting. Clients are required to cook breakfast 7 days a week, clean dishes for the entire population and staff after every meal using 2 small residential grade sinks, of which one has a broken garbage disposal. The "programming" is run by RAs with less than 2 yrs. sobriety. Only out of AA book. No professional lectures. Go to outside meeting 2 times in 90 days. Counseling sessions offered for one hour per week. Staff lies to family members about the client's wll being and progress in the program. The staff strongly pushes the company owned sober living facility to EVERY client, regardless of their situation. Phone calls are offered one time per week for a total of 15 minutes. The call is done on speaker phone with a staff member listening to the conversation and taking notes. If the client says anything negative about the facility, or asks to be picked up, or if the conversation is deemed "negative" then the staff member immediately hangs up the call with no explanation to the person on the phone. If you wish to leave the facility early, you are not given a phone call for your family to pick you up. The staff makes you take all of your belongings with you and walk out of the facility. The nearest store is at least 10 miles away. Between the refusal of phone call and made to walk for hours on end, the facility makes it almost impossible for you to leave on your own free will.

MCG

Stonegate Center is a hidden gem for the DFW community. This place is perfect if you need to send your son or daughter, husband or wife, or any family member to treatment but don’t want them to be too far from home. I think their slogan is even “quality treatment that’s close to home“. I have nothing but good things to say about this place. They will challenge you with some Toughlove but it’s all worth it in the end. Their alumni network is deep throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. You’re in good hands here.

Ken

I worked with the facility to implement their new phone system and really enjoyed working with everyone there. They have a very professional and caring staff. They have beautiful facilities and the property is gorgeous - I would have mistaken this for a weekend retreat location. I highly recommend getting in contact with these folks if you have a loved one in need of professional care to get their lives back on track!!

KS

This place is amazing!!!! It’s big and beautiful, so far away from the hub of the city and yet full of accommodations! The program that’s being worked here is so well thought out, the staff is helpful and friendly, the facilities are state of the art!!! It feels more like summer camp than rehab, plus months of hard, spiritual, mental, emotional and physical work.

Kj

Stonegate Crnter is worse than ineffective. It is dangerous! They use treatments they are unlicensed to use. Try to find a place where people are compassinate about saving lives. 🌙, even if they decide not to treat you.

CR

The accommodations are excellent. The food is better than some 4 star restaurants. They truly do have a chef preparing the meals. That having been said, I do not recommend this facility at all. I was not aware that this is a 12 step program until I checked in at the facility. I knew very little about AA before this. I was almost immediately assigned a "mentor". This person (who is truly very caring, knowledgeable, and sincere) was going to assist me in getting and remaining sober. This sounded great except for the fact that he was a patient in the facility and he was in his fourth trip through rehab. That didn't inspire my confidence in the effectiveness of the program. In fact, of the 25 or so people in the facility more than 20 were repeat customers ( I do not mean to insinuate that they were all repeating treatment at this particular facility). I realize that the AA 12 step program has assisted an untold number of people over the years, however, it is not for everyone. Judging from the history of most people in the program when I was there, recidivism is a major problem. One person in the program told me he was in rehab for the 18th time. Most of the sessions amounted to being told that alcohol and drug addiction is bad and can destroy your life. Really? The staff emphasized that they WERE NOT able to solve my alcohol problems and that I WAS NOT able to solve my alcohol problems - only God could solve my alcohol problems. At $1000 a day (At this point I will say that Stonegate has an excellent relationship with my insurance plan and my cost was only about $100 a day) I believe a free AA program would be a better value - especially since ONLY God can solve alcohol and drug addiction problems. The Bible study sessions amounted to a staff member reading a chapter and turning the conversation loose. There was no Bible STUDY. There was Bible reading and some conversation about what the passage meant to each individual. I realize that the Bible can speak to individuals in different ways but there is also a correct interpretation of passages and the staff members do not appear to have any training in this field. In fact, they appear to have very little true knowledge of the Bible. Because of paperwork or miscommunication some required medication was withheld from me during the first three days I was at Stonegate. This resulted in my blood pressure rising to a dangerous level. The most disgusting part of my stay at Stonegate was the language used by the staff members. The 12 step AA program is centered around God. I am no prude. There is no curse word I have not used. But, I don't need to hear the staff spewing phrases like "GD" and "MF" during the classes - even during Bible study. When I approached one of the higher ups about this it was indicated to me that I was being judgmental. Apparently the staff is allowed to use the most obscene language imaginable as long as it is followed by the phrase, "Excuse my French". Stonegate has 45, 60, and 90 day programs. Numerous times, as someone neared the end of their stay, I saw the staff pressure that person to extend their stay. Even the people who were nearing the end of a 90 day program were encouraged to enter a "half-way" type of facility. I wonder if Stonegate is associated with any of the facilities they strongly recommended. Another portion of this program was particularly offensive. Every Tuesday and Thursday everyone is required to assemble in one of the classrooms. Each person is required to criticize three things about their fellow patients. It can be three things directed at one person or one thing directed at three different people, etc. There are many people (especially newcomers) who feel extremely uncomfortable openly criticizing another person in a room full of people. One exception - the staff is off limits to criticism. If a person doesn't come up with three things they are hounded by the staff until they comply. This is very abusive and, in my opinion, counterproductive. It also contradicts Biblical truths. The staff has no way of knowing what damage this can do or how any one individual will respond. Having a drug or alcohol problem is stressful enough without being subjected to such an abusive situation. Also, this appears to be the session that the staff seems to enjoy the most. In my opinion this facility is run by unqualified amateurs. If Stonegate averages 25 people a day it will make $9,125,000 in one year. Not a bad take for amateurs. I would never recommend this facility to anyone seeking recovery.

Randy

When we initially drove up I was surprised at the poor boy facilities . The prices charged had certainly suggested otherwise. Hoping that they had channeled the funds instead toward recruiting excellent personnel , we were soon disappointed in this regard as well . It is staffed by a bunch of unseasoned young men who really don't understand leadership or motivation. If you are thinking about this place , keep shopping .

JR

This place is a total scam. The staff are selfish and more concerned with their own status instead of the well being of their clients. The place is not run well at all. Many of the young men their behave like children. Would not recommend at all. Do not go here. These people are here for your money that's it. There are many rehabs that are much better. Stone gate is the worst.

Paul

Tear down tear down old Technics

James

The staff helped me find the root to a lot of my issues, they helped reconnect with Christ and build a positive community.

RE

Strong faith elements and 12 step teaching and community aspect. No I n-network Ins & No psychiatric. Great program.

FAITH BASE,LIFE SKILLS, RECOVERY PROCESS

Robert

This is a 90 day, residential treatment center for chemically dependent adult men. We are located in eastern Parker County on 8 acres and are configured for 32 beds in our 10,000 square foot facility (less than 25 minutes from Downtown Ft Worth and less than 35 miles from D/FW airport). We offer a state licensed, Twelve Step program that is carried out in a community setting utilizing large group, small group, and individual therapy. The Big Book and The Life Recovery Bible serve as the primary texts used for Step Studies. We are equipped to deal with co-occurring disorders such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, bi polar, and the list goes on. Our Life Skills program covers Communication Skills, Conflict Resolution, Anger Management, Coping Strategies, Stress Management and Time Management. As these men arrive at our center, we look forward to getting to know them as we address both their clinical needs as well as the deeper issues of the heart from a Christian worldview that is rich in both relationship and grace.

AD

Christian focus and Clinician expertise. Awesome place!

CEM

The Christ centered approach to recovery allows for a greater spectrum of healing and recovery. The length of treatment being 90 days allows for a fuller recovery. The male-only demographic prevents distraction so that clients are able to fully focus on recovery. Unfortunately, no In-network benefits and no strict psychiatric care. Stonegate is a place for adult males to experience full, lasting recovery from substance abuse. It has successfully helped men heal from deep heart wounds for years and will continue to do so in the years to come.

Mike

Strengths: Christ Centered, 12 Step, Counseling, Chemical Dependency Education, Community, & Groups. Weaknesses: No in network ins. billing & psychiatric yet. The staff is passionate about seeing men get free of addiction. We challenge each other, hold each other accountable, & have fun doing it.

James

Great facility, treatment program, helps reconnect men to their faith, mens only, small numbers, and great food. This facility helped me begin to repair a broken marriage and family, it helped me rebuild my life on a great foundation and with new skills and tools.

Jason

Caring staff, solid programming schedule, beautiful setting out in the country, reasonably priced but only out of network benefits. Loved the Christ-centered approach.