Summit Estate Recovery Center in Los Gatos, CA

(5 of 5)
399 Old Mill Pond Rd
Los Gatos CA 95033

Summit Estate Recovery Center Philosophy

Summit Estate offers personalized drug and alcohol addiction treatment in an exclusive and intimate setting. Situated on 23 acres of land in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains, the facility’s holistic inpatient treatment program is tailored to meet each client’s specific needs. With an unmatched 3-to-1 staff-to-client ratio, coupled with luxury accommodations and amenities, Summit Estate provides individualized and comprehensive care to each and every one of its clients.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

High Staff to Client Ratio

Sober Adventures

Comfortable and Modern Accommodations

Tim Sinnott, MFT, LAADCr

Clinical Program Director

Tim Sinnott has a distinguished career, spanning more than 30 years, as a leader in addiction and rehabilitation programs. His own treatment experience inspired him to obtain a certification in alcohol and drug counseling where he later earned a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of San Francisco and is licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist. Tim has served as a Director of Behavioral Health at Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz, CEO of the non-profit Crossroad’s Center Antigua (Eric Clapton’s holistic addiction treatment program), Clinical Director and Executive Director of various programs like Bayside Marin, Promises Malibu and The Camp Recovery Center and most recently, the Residential Clinical Services Director at Community Recovery Resources. Tim sits on the Board of CAADAC, as its Past-President and current Dean of Fellows. As Summit Estate’s Clinical Program Director, Tim supports the program with his wealth of knowledge and extensive experience.

ABOUT SUMMIT ESTATE RECOVERY CENTER

Summit Estate Recovery Center is a luxury substance abuse rehabilitation center in Los Gatos, Calif. Located in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains on 23 acres of land, the residential facility is amongst the 738 (51.6 percent) California substance abuse treatment centers to offer dual-diagnosis treatment.

The facility offers both inpatient care and operates an outpatient facility in downtown Saratoga. The center is also one of only 200 (14 percent) of facilities in the state where detoxification services are available on-site.

Care at Summit Estate begins with an assessment by their “highly qualified physician partners” to determine the proper treatment for each client’s needs. If needed, clients receive medically-assisted detoxification, which includes 24-hour monitoring.

In Summit Estate’s residential substance abuse program, clients participate in one-on-one therapy, group therapy, and optional 12-step meetings. Clients also have access to holistic therapies designed to complement their treatment program. This includes nutritional counseling, a personal trainer, and yoga instruction. The facility also offers reflexology, a method of treatment in which a specialist applies pressure to key areas of the body as a way to stimulate the healing process.

All treatment at Summit Estate is based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), which focuses on changing adverse thinking patterns.

In the program’s highly personalized outpatient program, clients are able to step-down from their inpatient program and ease into their new life of sobriety. Clients who have not received inpatient treatment are also allowed to participate in outpatient treatment if they do not require a high level of care.

Summit Estate is staffed with medical doctors, a registered nurse, counselors, a chef, a nutritionist, a yoga teacher, and a host of other holistic practitioners. In California, 98.3 percent of all substance abuse treatment centers have higher education requirements for staff. Summit Estate has a staff-to-client ratio of 1:3 to allow for more individual attention.

Located in a mountainous region of Los Gatos, Summit Estate features luxury accommodations and houses six clients at a time. Some clients may have access to private bedrooms and bathrooms. The national average number of individuals in a residential substance abuse treatment facility is 18 clients at a given time, as of 2016.

Clients can relax in the Jacuzzi and sauna rooms. Acres of scenic orchards provide space for nature walks, and a fitness room allows clients to stay in shape during their treatment. Summit Estate also offers a gourmet cuisine developed jointly by their chefs and addiction nutritionist.

The sole alum polled by Rehabs.com to date, Jimmy, praised the facility, writing: "At Summit Estate taught me to live and let live." Former clients elsewhere online shared similarly positive experiences of their time at Summit Estate.

On Google, the facility received a high average rating of 4.7 out of five stars based on seven reviews to date.[1] Alumni expressed gratitude for the “compassion and genuine concern the staff,” as well as the program for being “unique and forward thinking.”

On Yelp, the facility has an overall rating of 4.5 out of five stars based on six reviews.[2] One alum, D.D. gave the facility five stars and wrote: “This place is a 5 star facility with the best staff out there!!! Worth every penny!! Thank you all!! I appreciate it!!!”. Alum S.K. added: “If you are willing to work on your recovery as hard as you worked on your addiction, then this is the place.”

Feedback on YellowPages.com was also overwhelmingly positive, where the facility earned a perfect five out of five stars based on five reviews to date.[3] Alumni shared successful experiences and repeatedly expressed gratitude for the high-quality staff. In a representative comment, L.W. wrote, “I would highly recommend Summit Estate Recovery Center!!!”

WHAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY SAY

At the time of this writing, five family members and friends provided extremely positive feedback to Rehabs.com. Roxanne wrote: "Great Staff! Great care, Made a difference in my husband's life," while Tim, a friend of a client, added: "The place was amazing clean and had a very supportive staff."

The sole anonymous loved one to respond to a Rehabs.com survey gave very strong marks to the facility overall, offering perfect five-star ratings for the level of family participation, the staff's level of experience and training, its discharge planning, and the likelihood they'd recommend the facility to others. "Connection with clients was a strength of the facility. It was great," the anonymous loved one wrote.

The parent of a former client on Google commented that the facility had a “beautiful setting,” but expressed concern that the program was “not really a dual diagnosis treatment.”

Treatment costs vary based on each client’s coverage. Most major PPO insurance are accepted, including popular providers such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, UnitedHealthcare, and Humana. Clients can also access loans through Prosper HealthCare Lending.

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/summit-estate-recovery-center-los-gatos-3

[3] https://www.yellowpages.com/los-gatos-ca/mip/summit-estate-recovery-center-20143502

Published on June 2018

Emilio

Summit Estate Recovery Center helped me see that there was a way out of the insanity I was living. They opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of living a happy and sober life. I was lost and wanted a way out but every time that I tried the results never changed. I had forgotten what it felt like to be happy. In my addiction, everything got ripped right out of my hands. I lost everything that mattered to me and I did not know how to change it. I was in and out of jail, mental institutions and tried rehab a dozen times but couldn't find myself to want to stay sober. I even contemplated death because I just could face the reality of my disease.October 25, 2016 is the day that I arrived at Summit Estate, thinking that it was going to be like every other rehab I had gone to but my mind quickly changed when I walked through the door. Everyone was so welcoming and went out of there way to make me feel at home. I did not feel alone anymore. I was surrounded by staff who truly cared about my well being; the became family to me. I looked forward to going to groups and opening up with my clinical therapist, especially because they knew exactly what I had been going through and gave me assignments to make me stronger. Summit Estate taught me many different tools and techniques to help keep me sober, that I am still using today. I was very comfortable sharing during the groups; not once did I feel like I was being judged for my actions during my addiction. I am so grateful that I got to be a part of this recovery program, they saved my life.

Santos

Great Staff!  Great care,  Made a difference in my wife's life. She has talked very positive about Summit Estate Recovery Center.  She had been to one other facility and he stated this one was by far very helpful.  The staff cared and was very helpful.  In the beginning it was tough but getting through those few days made it well worth it.Thank you, Summit Estate for putting our family back together!

Roxanne

Great Staff!  Great care,  Made a difference in my husband's life. He has talked very positive about Summit Estate Recovery Center.  He had been to one other facility and he stated this one was by far very helpful.  The staff cared and was very helpful.  In the beginning it was tough but getting through those few days made it well worth it.Thank you, Summit Estate for putting our family back together!

Emilio

We have been so impressed and thankful to Summit Estate Recovery Center. The communication has been excellent and the entire staff there has been so supportive as we have navigated this journey with one of our adult children.The program offers ongoing support after residential treatment and the staff is committed to each individuals recovery. We are lucky to have a program of this quality in our area.We will recommend this facility to anyone in need!

Tim

Summit Estate Recovery Center was the place we decided to go with for my friend's need.The place had gorgeous rooms for an inpatient program. The place was amazing clean and had a very supportive staff. It was important to me that my friend stayed in a comfortable, welcoming, and luxurious environment. I knew this was the only way that he would be able to recover properly. The staff were caring, friendly, professional and found the perfect drug rehab center for my friend in less than 24 hours! He is on his way to rehabilitation and I have to thank Summit Estate for making that happen.Highly recommended!

Jimmy

When I left treatment from Summit Estate Recovery Center I needed additional support to get a good foundation in my recovery. At Summit Estate taught me to live and let live. I learned how to keep myself and hygiene clean and they loved me as a friend supported me on how to get a sponsor. Where to attend meetings and to be an honest human being. Thank you Summit Estate staff for teaching me. My parents are happy too, as is my boss at work.Highly recommended!

Connection with clients was a strength of the facility. It was great.