Sunflower Wellness Retreat in Osawatomie, KS

29875 W 339th Street
Osawatomie KS 66064

Sunflower Wellness Retreat Philosophy

Sunflower Wellness Retreat applies a holistic approach to substance abuse treatment, offering nutrition and fitness alongside therapy and counseling to create an enduring, person-centered treatment plan. Specializing in alcohol and substance abuse, Sunflower Wellness is well-versed in treating those who suffer from chemical dependency issues. In doing so, Sunflower Wellness works with each client to confront and overcome the deeply entrenched issues that have contributed to each his or her addiction, fostering a holistic recovery that addresses maladies of the mind, body, and soul. Sunflower is licensed by the state of Kansas and has a professional staff that includes 2 Licensed addiction counselors and 1 Licensed clinical addiction counselor as well as a full staff of program technicians and other professional staff. This staff has a combined experience of over 50 years in addiction. We teach structured group education, and do one on one face to face sessions with all clients. Our stays can range from 15 days to 120 days depending on the clients need. We accept cash or check, insurance and we can provide some type of scholarship to help pay for part of the client's stay. We provide transportation as necessary and our goal is always to help the client with any and all needs on their road to recovery.

• Creative Arts Therapy
    Writing, making art or engaging in theater can be deeply therapeutic for people working to recover from addiction. Many facilities offer one or several forms of creative arts therapy as a way to help patients learn to express their feelings in productive ways.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Cell phones and electronic devices allowed

Group outings every Saturday

100% client satisfaction

Rachael Gallas

Licensed Addiction Counselor

Rachael Gallas is a Licensed Addiction Counselor at Sunflower Wellness Retreat. She previously worked at Mirror Inc, as a licensed Addiction Counselor, both in a prison and residential setting. Rachael provides individual, group counseling, family group counseling, and family counseling while clients are present at Sunflower Wellness Retreat.

Patrick Cox

Director of Client Services

Patrick is the Director of Client Services and has been in recovery for years. As a Kansas Certified Peer Mentor, he is active in the recovery community, and is always available for encouragement and coaching!

ABOUT SUNFLOWER WELLNESS RETREAT

Set on 12 private acres in rural Miami County, Kan., Sunflower Wellness Retreat runs holistic **residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment programs *for adult men and women.*** The rehab also offers *medical detox* and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.

Sunflower’s traditional residential program typically last between 30 and 90 days, though, per the facility’s webpage, a two-week program is also available. With treatment based on the 12-Steps, programming emphasizes the community element of recovery. Whether in treatment for drugs, alcohol, or other addictions, clients take part in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and other evidence-based practices across both group and private settings.

Beyond its clinical curriculum, Sunflower offers a rich holistic program of meditation, expressive arts, and exercise. Off-campus trips to local 12-step meetings and a fitness center take place throughout the week, with optional church services on Sundays. On Saturdays, residents go on group outings.

Intensive outpatient (IOP) and standard outpatient services are also offered, though the facility does not provide any additional details on these programs.

Sunflower Wellness Retreat boasts a staff-to-client ratio of 1:6. Per the facility’s webpage, the treatment team is comprised of licensed and clinical addiction counselor, recovery counselors, a registered nurse, and qualified program technicians.

This is a 20-bed facility, and private rooms are available. Photographs published on the facility’s website show bare-bones décor and plenty of green space.

With more than 100 survey responses shared with Rehabs.com to date, alumni accounts are overwhelmingly positive.

Across the board, alumni thanked the “helpful,” “friendly,” and “amazing” staff for providing them with the tools necessary to lead productive and healthy lives, many of whom unequivocally recommended treatment. “Sunflower Wellness Retreat saved my life,” wrote alum J.H. in a statement representative of more than a dozen others. “The staff is the big reason. They really cared about my recovery and success and I will always be grateful.”

Dana, another alum, shared her success story. “This place rocks!” she exclaimed. “The staff goes above and beyond. I had a full and comprehensive treatment experience at Sunflower and I’m living a new life because of it. Thank you, Sunflower Wellness, from the bottom of my heart. You literally saved my life!”

“I would not be the same person I am today I if was not for the staff and the opportunity to attend this rehab,” wrote L.H., a third alum. “Here you are treated as an equal and a person not just an ‘addict or alcoholic.’”

Though much more limited, feedback provided by a pair of loved ones was mixed. W.S., one reviewer, gave five stars for the treatment effectiveness and quality of food, adding, “Great staff great classes very caring good nutrition.”

Much in contrast, C.I. was mostly disappointed with how the facility handled their son. “My son hadn't had a shower the whole time he was there. I put him there trusting they knew how to deal with someone coming off drugs . If it is left up to the patient to do what is needed then what is the purpose of him being there...this is not a professional place really sorry I put my son there,.”

Linda, an employee here, indicated that she had no concerns about the quality of care here: “All clients say they may have been to a different rehab but this is the best one they have been to.”

Treatment costs vary depending on the length of stay. Sunflower Wellness Retreat accepts all private insurance including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, Aetna, Cigna and Coventry. For those without insurance who need to pay for the treatment themselves, Sunflower Wellness Retreat has scholarships available to help with the cost. The treatment programs start as low as $5,000, after application of the scholarship, and under $10,000 for a thirty-day residential stay. They also have loan options available for qualified clients through third party lenders if needed.

Published on November 2017

This is a half 12 step and half holistic (science based) program. Good overall progam.

Coming in I felt so numb, so tired, and so broken. Immediately, though, I got a feeling of serene comfort from the wonderful staff here. As my weeks went by, more and more the program offered here helped to heal me, both body and soul. The accommodations and groups, as well as therapy sessions here at Sunflower are top notch and offers something for everyone. If you're questioning which facility is right for you, I can assure you Sunflower will change your life for the better. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity and support!

Sunflower is an outstanding treatment facility! All the counselors and tech staff are very knowledgeable, patient and show concern for each client. The group classes are well-planned, and help learn about the addiction and how to handle it. I also cannot say enough good things about the food; makes sure everyone is well-fed and happy!

Sunflower Wellness has really taught me some great skills and tools to continue down my road of recovery! With the supportive and caring staff here i am off to a great start of my recovery! So glad i chose this specific treatment center to begin the start of my new life!

Great staff and techs.

Thank you for all the positive feed back. We strive to do our best daily.Our nurse and licensed clinical staff provide the highest staff to patient ratio in the area. we also provide referalls-and by appointment psychiatrists and addictionologist doctor.Thank you!

I am clean 61 days today and this place was great and gave me my life back. My counselor was great. They met all my needs. cooked the best meals ever !

Excellent place to get your life back on track!!

amazing place, saved my life and many others, thanks

a good place to learn how live sobor

Sunflower has given a life worth living and tools to maintain a future worth striving for. I came to this program an 8 year addict with nothing but the clothes on my back and left a with more than sobriety, I gained hope, faith, resources and a family. I am forever grateful.

If it wasn't for this treatment center I wouldn't have the skills and tools to make it out in the real world. The staff and care takers are the most helpful in the recovery program.I would recommend Sunflower Wellness Program to anyone out there that is struggling with addictions. Thank you ALL for being here for me.

THIS PLACE REALLY HELPS. THEY LET YOU USE YOUR PHONE TO TALK TO LOVED ONES AND FRIENDS AND THAT HELPS A LOT. THE FOOD IS AMAZING AND THE COUNSOLORS ARE TO. ALL THE STAFF HERE ARE REALLY HELPFUL

Great place to work it out!

Great staff, very organized program and helped me out a lot. The chef bakes amazing cookies everyday! Thanks Sunflower

Sunflower Wellness has been a very beneficial part of my recovery efforts. I would recommend this facility to anyone that asks me about my experience here or for any information about where to go for treatment. Great counselors and Staff!

If I had enough money and insurance cover it out actually go back again. Has potential to be a very good rehab. Really accept you for who you are and a great bunch of people. When I went there and her going through Growing Pains. There's one counselor and I really ever got to meet with her period before I knew that she was leaving and I got hardly any counseling time or family counseling time. I would go back if I could and I would also recommend this place for Central rehab in Kansas. There are very many and I really like the location and I love the people that came there. There's a good mix of activities mix with recovery meetings. If they've gotten their counseling back into order I'm sure it would be close to almost perfect place to be

Was terrified going in. It was busy, lotsa patients and lotsa activity. Saying that tho, I was also going thru heavy withdrawal. I ended staying 45 days instead of the customary 30. It saved me. I wish they took better care of their counselors but I believe it was during a transitional time for them. Made some real friends that I'm still in contact with and ate fabulously. Only downside was my last day there did not go so great. Other than that I can say it was the worst/best thing ever to happen to me and I'm still under the follow-up care they provided so I didn't feel dumped. Thank you!

Sunflower is a great treatment facility to attend. Having prior experience in inpatient facilities this has been one of the best I've ever participated in. The staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome from the beginning. The classes were very informative and effective in demonstrating the skills I need to be successful in my recovery. My counselor was extremely helpful in helping me open up and deal with issues that keep me stuck in the passed and how to deal with my issues in new healthier was. I am very grateful for having the opportunity to part of the group I was with and learning from the staff at Sunflower. Also, the cook and food was amazing at the facility. This treatment facility is like none I've ever attended before and I was very pleased with the service I received while I was here. I would recommend Sunflower to anyone that is looking for a very good treatment facility to help them with their issues.

Very pleased with staff and arrangements. Enjoyed my overall treatment and care given.

I loved the counselors here as well as the food. With the skills learned here I will be able to go out and be an effective member of society.

Fantastic facility. Exceptional staff and recovery resources. 10/10!

This place rocks! The staff goes above and beyond. I had a full and comprehensive treatment experience at Sunflower and I'm living a new life because of it. Thank you, Sunflower Wellness, from the bottom of my heart. You literally saved my life!

I really enjoyed the environment of Sunflower Wellness Retreat. Every day I could wake up and have a smile on my face due to the staff and everyone here. I absolutely loved having my counselor. She set me up for success unlike any other counselor or therapist I have had in the past. The cook's food was phenomenal. He kept me at a healthy weight while I was here and I sure wouldn't ever go hungry. The groups were very informative and vital to my recovery. I appreciate all that has been done and will continue to be done here.

I am very grateful to have found such a wonderful program as Sunflower Wellness Retreat. The staff are caring, knowledgeable and provide excellent guidance. The facilities are very comfortable and I appreciate the group efforts to keep it in top shape. I would highly recommend Sunflower Wellness to anyone wanted to find a solution to addiction.

this facility concentrates on focusing on support, working the program, self care, importance of healthy habits of nutrition/exercise, focusing also on emotions and dealing with daily life issues. I am leaving with tools I can use. the negative issues was the second hand smoke I was exposed to daily. As a non smoker, it is very uncomfortable, and should have more focus on the non smoker, and the absolute dangers of smoking.

staff was amazing made several new contacts and friends. wouldnt trade my experience here for anything. thank you sunflower wellness....

i loved it. very helpfull. ima miss this place.

Awesome place!

I've personally struggled with alcohol for many years. This past year has been very difficult. I've attended Hazelden Betty Ford twice this year (30 days the first time and 87 days the second time) and it was supposedly "top-of-the-line", but I have to say that Sunflower Wellness has gone above that line. My experience here has affected me in ways that is priceless. It is individualized and personalized in a way that the larger, more expensive places cannot achieve. Each staff member brings their own specialty to life and has brought things to the surface for me that I will forever be grateful for. Words cannot express the experience that Sunflower has given me and I highly recommend this treatment program to anyone struggling with drugs or alcohol. I would recommend it to my loved ones.

I very much enjoyed my stay, and learned a ton of different things to aid me in sobriety.

The staff are amazing. I couldn't have made it through the hardest part of recovery without any of these people. The food is out of this world. The groups are very effective and engaging.

Great treatment center. Gives you a few different angles to attack your addiction with and is an incredibly safe place to get clean. Also, GREAT FOOD which is a plus!

Great food.. And great counselors/nurse.

SUNFLOWER WELLNESS RECOVERY HAS GIVEN ME THE STEPS, THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND THE HOPE THAT I NEEDED TO LEAD THE REST OF MY LIFE IN SOBRIETY, WITH FULL GRATITUDE, I CAN NOW FOCUS. THEY TEACH AND DIRECT THROUGH THEIR EXPERIENCE. FIVE STAR GREAT PEOPLE!!!! THANKYOU FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO LIVE THE LIFE THAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO LIVE, TO BE THE MOM MY CHILDREN NEED AND DESERVE!! THANKYOU TO TWO STAFF MEMBERS IN PARTICULAR YOU ARE MY MENTORS.

This was a great place. The counseling was the best think I could have hoped for. Thanks

My son was here for 5 1/2 days . I called on the third day and was told by the director that he was doing good. Then on the fifth day I get a call from the same director telling me my son was not doing anything , so how did it change from doing good to bad . My son hadn't had a shower the whole time he was there. I put him there trusting they knew how to deal with someone coming off drugs . If it is left up to the patient to do what is needed then what is the purpose of him being there...this is not a professional place really sorry I put my son there,.

Saved my life!!!

this facility was very effective, gave me wonderful tools to live a great and productive life.

The classes are very unorganized & VERY outdated. Waste of time... They're NOT honest with insurance companies & the directors care more about the $ they are receiving from insurance companies, etc. than they are for your recovery. ****PAY ATTENTION TO HOW ALL CASH PAYING PATIENTS "GRADUATE EARLY"**** They have too many things going on with their own lives & business to fulfill the promises of the schedule. The place is pretty much a joke (besides the few people that work there, that actually REALLY care but aren't in a place of authority) AND THE FOOD IS TOO AMAZING!

I recommend this place, it helped me so much. I loved the food it was amazing.

Wonderful place for treatment. other places are full of themselves and telling you how you are wrong and this is how it should be. The folks here at sunflower take your thought processes and irrational beliefs and tell you how they affect people around you in your own life and then teach you rational beliefs that can make you successful in life. Thank you Sunflower... my 2nd family.

Sunflower has taught me more than any other rehab facility I have ever been too. This place has become my second home & the people have become like family. My 30 days here was more than amazing & it has honestly saved my life. God bless this place & everyone who works here, they are life savers!

Loved It here! Everyone was so nice, and helpful ! This place saved my life .

My experience at Sunflower was really good. The first few days I did not want to be here but, everyone was so welcoming and the classes were amazing. Can I say, the food was amazing too! I am ready to go home and start my new life by using the tools I was taught at Sunflower.

I learned so much here, and everyone is very welcoming caring, couldn't have asked for a better place and people...Thank You!

Enjoyed the people I met here. Pretty laid back and they are accommodating to needs. The only thing I would think could change the most are some of the courses. Need to be updated (outdated material within a particular course) and more organized so that each week of treatment, you are learning something new and not overlapping for the newer people. :) all in all, I really enjoyed this place & would recommend it to others :)

... I just didn't feel like the managers cared about this concern of mine and other patients when we told them. All in all I feel like maybe I wasted my time and money now. Very frustrating.

Sunflower Wellness was a great experience in taking my first step to a healthy recovery. The staff was professional, very polite and skilled. The facilities were very clean and the meals were excellent. I would highly recommend Sunflower Wellness Retreat for anyone looking to get better

As someone who has unfortunately been in couple of different 30 day treatment programs over the past 10 years, Sunflower is by far the best in the Kansas City area. Their staff truly cares from the owner and director, to the staff who work overnight. Their onsite therapy is profound. I personally had this one great therapist and will continue to work with her on an outpatient basis. All in all, the best experience I have ever had with a treatment program.

This program gave me the tools I needed to transform my life and reclaim my identity as a sober person. I am incredibly grateful for this experience, and would highly recommend this program.

Terribly understaffed. Only 1 employee to as many as 14 patients. Not very helpful for me. I would give them a "D-" score.

This place is THE REAL DEAL. Very knowledgeable staff/counselors.

I want to thank the people here and the facility itself for being there to help God save my life. Thank You

Coming to Sunflower Wellness was one of the best things I've ever decided to do for myself. The staff is great and the food is top tier! The directors really put in a lot of work to make your treatment here stick for when your ready to get back out in the world. 10/10 recommend Sunflower.

This place was amazing. The staff is more than helpful and very understanding about addiction. They have shown me a whole new way to live and I am very thankful for everyone one of them and all that they have taught me. I will be back to visit and to carry the message for sure!!

They are the best. Great food great staff private room. They really helped me. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great rehabilitation center.

This place saved my life. This is the best rehab I have ever gone to. The counselors were great and so was the program.

I was told that they had a good detox program with their treatment program. I had been drinking when the director picked me up and he told me I would be comfortable during my detox. I was very unhappy that they don't have a doctor or nurse on staff to watch those of us that were detoxing from alcohol. I was so sick that I had to be taken to the emergency room. I went back after I was released from the ER but probably shouldn't have. It was not what they told me it would be. The counselors were rude. I ended up leaving. I feel that this rehab is just in it for the money and doesn't really care about our care. I would not recommend this rehab to anyone looking for a quality detox and treatment center.

great program, all the staff cared about their profession and were very kind to all clients.

The staff is amazing and they actually care. The food is beyond amazing, I gained 20 lbs. I strongly recommend this treatment.

I really appreciated everything one woman there taught me, I was a little resistant at first then I began to take things with a grain of salt, then a grain of rice, and finally a watermelon. She left a major impact on me and helped me change my perspective on a lot of things she is a wonderful person and the cook's cooking is FIRE

sunflower wellness has been the best treatment facility that I have been to in Kansas

Great - staff was fantastic! I will keep in touch!

Sunflower Wellness is a great place to go for treatment in the Kansas City area. I would definitely recommend it.

I really love and appreciate the staff...everyone was so supportive.

I would definitely recommend this place!

Wonderful facility, great people that really changed my life for the better. Forever greatful to all involved with my recovery.

my experience at sunflower was one of a kind. The staff was amazing. And I made some good friends.

This is a great treatment center. The smaller group size really makes it so you can get close to the people here and I feel like that made it easier to get what I needed out of my stay here. Staff is amazing!

The staff, facility and program were excellent. The small number of patients make it so that all treatment and attention is individualized and effective. The holistic approach to addiction treatment really treats the whole person, not just the addiction. I would whole-heartedly recommend Sunflower to anyone who sincerely wants to get better.

A fantastic place

Was everything I needed and more! I have no negative comments at all. I was given every opportunity I could expect and the tools needed to begin a new life CLEAN AND SOBER! Staff, food and message are all awesome! Highly recommended to anyone serious about recovery!!

This is a wonderful facility. I recommend it to anyone looking for treatment. The staff really does care and will understand you well. They are all there for the improvement of your life and if that's what you want this is the place for you.

Sunflower saved my life. They are the best place to get well.

I enjoyed my stay at Sunflower. The staff was very helpful and made my recovery possible.

The Dr is amazing and so are 3 other staff members!! Highly recommend to anyone that is looking for sobriety.

This was great place to come! The staff and everyone here are great people to be around!

I was shown some truth here that I may not have otherwise seen. Thank you!

I absolutely loved my treatment here at Sunflower. The grounds are very peaceful and serene. AA/NA meetings are available all week as well as gym and church on Sundays. Enjoyed the size of the group. I would recommend Sunflower to anybody truly ready to become clean, sober and healthy. P.S. The food was fabulous! Thanks Shannon!

Saved my life and family Thank you Sunflower I have the rest of my life to look forward to!!!!

God Bless!

I have no complaints! Staff was very nice and accommodating! I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for recovery!

I had no idea what to expect walking in here in my first day and first treatment. I'm overly positive in the results that I feel all treatment centers should use Sunflower as their benchmark. I came in broken and am leaving not only as a new man, but as one that is excited for life again, not just to exist in it. My family, friends, and loved ones can never repay Sunflower for the man that has been given back to them.

Staff gives 100% effort everyday to their job. I admire work ethic, because it comes from the heart. The passion, love and caring for each individual shows on a daily basis. There is always room for improvement, however I would recommend Sunflower Wellness Retreat to any alcoholic or addict as the most beneficial Recovery Program in the Midwest. I feel there is a strong presence of God here at Sunflower and felt blessed to have the opportunity to be here. I was able to get myself out of a depression that held me strapped down for 9 months, and today I am happy and excited to move forward in my Sobriety Journey. Thank You SunFlower - Dallas

This is the first time in rehab but sunflower is a great place and the staff is excellent. and I have learned a lot from Sunflower Retreat . The food is excellent . The counselors are great . Sunflower is the best around as far as im concerned . Its a great place to go .

outstanding program, the staff well trained. would recommend to others.

Sunflower Wellness Retreat is an outstanding program!!! From the directors to the facilitators, Chef, and Entire Staff is just amazing. They go above and beyond their job title. Every Single Staff member at Sunflower really made an effort to get through to me and made me feel worthy and of importance. Sunflower has truly changed my life, before Sunflower I was an addict with no hope of a better life or future, I was like no way is this place going to make a difference! But WOW was I WRONGE!!! Once I got into impatient at Sunflower I was welcomed with open arms and they never once gave up on me, especially one male staff member. He was the light to my darkness to say the least, I am a 100% changed person spiritually, mentally, and physically. I truly wanted to get sober and Sunflower treated my every need... If you want to get sober, and STAY sober and live a SOBER life I recommend Sunflower Wellness Retreat. If you come in and give it your all they will handle the rest! They treat every patient individually and get a plan put together for that persons specific needs. They give you back your Strength, Courage and Hope!! COME IN AND LEAVE LIVING A WONDERFUL SOBER LIFE! DO IT FOR YOU!!!!!

I can't wait to see Sunflower Wellness Retreat expand! I would not be the same person I am today if it was not for the staff and the opportunity to attend this rehab. Here you are treated as an equal and a person not just an "addict or alcoholic." I looked at several facilities before I found this one and not only was this the only facility I found in Kansas that offered flexible payments, which gave me the opportunity to change my life, it also has a very relaxed and safe setting that feels like home away from home! Everyone here is looking for the same common goal: "To live a sober life." I've made many life-long friends and support systems with clients as well as many staff! We also stay very busy, sure you have your down time to just relax, watch tv, read, and listen to music on the patio, but we aren't cooped up in the building with nothing to do. They have everything from group classes, one on one therapy, art, meditation, hiking, going to the gym, firework shows, carnivals, picnic, shopping trips, and various other activities! Needless to say this is the best thing I have ever done for myself and I would highly recommend this opportunity to any person I meet that wants to live a sober happy life! The amazing people here saved my life.

Good counselors. Good activities in and outside of the facility. Great program. They saved my life.

Great place to get a fresh start, get grounded, and focus on overcoming this life or death illness

Peaceful one-on-one time with the counselors. Nice, friendly, staff. Very structured, but easy-going. Learned a lot in group education classes. Had choice of a private room and they even picked me up from the house! Thank you for getting me back on track!

super program, great staff, learned a ton, great one on one communication!

Great staff. Very educational. Taught clinics, worked with financing. There's meditation and a great exercise program, private rooms. Very professional.

Private rooms. A perfect program. Incorporates many wellness therapies. Great staff!

My treatment was effective. The accommodations, programs and staff were excellent. I feel blessed to have received such caring and professional treatment.

great experience, learned a lot counselors worked very hard to help, stayed 45 days and food was good and I worked out and followed steps and clinical program, I was lucky to get in they are awesome

Stinks

client was not ready for treatment, left after 2nd day, caused problems in group with staff and counselors, Did everything in our power to help..Wish them well and hope they can get help when they are ready!

Not only did this place help with my addiction, but it helped at a much deeper level with my underlying problems such as depression and anxiety. The schedule is amazing and has given me something to build upon now that I have graduated. You do not want to attend any other rehabilitation center as this place treats you as a human being not as a prisoner. The directors are amazing people that will give an arm and leg to help with your recovery. The owner is not just a business man but truly, TRULY, cares about people not only during their rehabilitation but progress afterwards. I could not be more thankful for this program and what it has done for me. The gym/pool/fitness time is in my honest opinion the most beneficial aspect as it gave me a scheduled time to exercise and rid my body of nasty free radical toxins which can cause depression, it also gave my body an important rush of an endorphins to get back on track to living a healthy manageable life. I would NOT have entered any treatment facility but this one. Truly amazing staff. Nothing but love and appreciation on my behalf.

very satisfied highly recommend changed my life for the better thank you all

Excellent treatment center. The staff is amazing.

Education staff food programs, Great staff great classes very caring good nutrition

This was a very good experience to the world of sobriety and no complaints. Friendly and helpful staff, always available. Meals were excellent. Enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this facility

WOW! I didn't know rehab could be so much fun. My counselor was great!! She gave me the quality time I needed to help me with my addiction. I got my own private room, was able to use my cell phone and laptop between groups, and got to go to a fitness center and workout and swim. The entire staff was the best. They REALLY care about all of us. Thank you Sunflower Wellness Retreat. You saved my life.

Though still very new and experiencing some growing pains while adjusting to a larger number of cliental the programs available and staff/counselors went above and beyond to make sure that I had a safe place to detox and regain my sobriety.

Living quarters are comfortable. Comfortable beds and linens. Laundry available. This facility does a great job ensuring that clients get out in the real world during their stay via fieldtrips, grocery shopping and 12 step meetings. Many staff members are in recovery, so they are more empathetic than most. Meals are good. Staff is caring. A small facility so the clients really have a chance to support one another. Staff listens to all concerns and rectifies them if warranted.

Sunflower Wellness Retreat truly saved my life. I was not even aware that inpatient treatment was an option for me before the day I made the decision to come here. I will forever be grateful that one of the staff members answered the phone that day which started my road to recovery. I don't believe anyone else could have made me feel more confident and comfortable with my decision to come to Sunflower and she has been an essential piece of my treatment every single day since. This treatment center is new and is still working out some of the little kinks, but all of the important elements are there.....first and foremost, those staff members who love and care for the clients as if they are truly family. (the program techs) care about every single person who walks through the door as if they were their own. They all bring different personal experience of addiction to the business which was so very comforting to me. To be able to ask opinions from them from perspective of family members, caretakers, former addicts, etc., made these ladies a wonderful addition to treatment and so much more than simply office staff!! They are very fortunate to have employees who CARE about their jobs for more than just a paycheck and show it in every way they can. The food at this treatment center is AMAZING and that is because the chef is simply an amazing individual. Not only is he skilled in the kitchen, he is another essential element in the entire atmosphere of this facility. The care he has for all individuals here is heartfelt and sincere. He is always there with a listening ear and good advice when asked. He, along with the others, don't just tell the clients what they want to hear. They offer a loving heart and listening ear, but they give honest advice and not just simply what appeases the clients. I feel I come away from this treatment center with a handful of new FRIENDS who I will always love dearly. My counselor that went above and beyond with not only myself, but every other client in the facility during group sessions to ensure that they had all the tools necessary to be successful in their recovery. Every day she remained positive with a smile on her face and a pleasant attitude toward every client equally whether they were assigned to her or not. Naturally you won't agree on everything during treatment, but even through these disagreements, she remained focused on MY recovery and MY success and she did so with true care and concern for ME!! I could not be happier with the counseling that I received from her. She is definitely an asset to the program. Overall, I would definitely recommend this treatment facility to anyone who wants to be around people who truly care for their clients. I can certainly say that of the individuals who are currently here and I hope they remain here for many years to come for the benefit of anyone who chooses to come to Sunflower Wellness Retreat!!

I have enjoyed my time and care here at Sunflower. The staff was fantastic and the tools I learned I will carry with me for life. Thank You.

Sunflower Wellness retreat literally saved my life. The facility focuses on cognitive behavior therapy, fitness and nutrition (the chef's food is AMAZING), individual therapy with well trained therapists, a therapy dog that I miss dearly, and the owner and administrators are there for you night and day. They also have Art Therapy run by a famous artist. If YOU are TRULY ready to get better and stay sober, Sunflower Wellness is the place for you.

great care and education nice people and facility.

Sunflower Wellness Retreat saved my life. The staff is the big reason. They really cared about my recovery and success and I will always be grateful. I also enjoyed the groups, especially the fitness group. They taught me a better way of living and I also got physically healthy while I was there. Thank you Sunflower Wellness Retreat.

Sunflower is a very well run Facility. Got a lot of good info that will able to use to keep me sober. I will recommend sunflower to anyone in need. I would a 10 out of 10 for a score.

Excellent approach to rehab. Was a different approach then other centers. Counselers very helpful and knowledgeable. All staff members very friendly. Home cooked meals. Very tasty and filling. Highly recommend

Very peaceful, clean, great programs, great caring people. I learned a lot about addiction. Highly recommend!

I've stated all comments to counselors and staff. Sunflower has a great program, but is still in the process of continuous improvement. I hope this continues because I believe they have the clients best interests at heart, they just need to solidify staff and processes as they are growing and establishing themselves. I think if they really listen and value staff AND client input they are well on their way to excellence

I have been an addict for 19 years. I have tried four different outpatient programs and two inpatient facilities in the past and none of them have worked. Sunflower provided me with so much great support. Their program prepares you for the outside world. You get into shape both mentally and physically. Of course you have to want it! I was ready to change my life a week into this treatment program. I have been clean now for 55 days. I never thought anything would work, but Sunflower did! Thank you.

I had a great experience here. counlers and staff are very helpful. I got what I needed out of my stay here which is to have the idea of how to stay clean and sober

Very quiet peaceful place; great group activities; fitness program; friendly supportive caring staff; clients would like to stay or come back for visits; very happy cheerful place; nutritious meals; private rooms.

I came in in a depressed state of mind and I talked to the director talked to me and let me stay for 30 days. I stayed a few moew extra weeks because I wasn't ready. the groups are really good. the food is amazing. I highly recommend this place for anyone who needs it. I am happy I chose this place the staff is amazing and its easy to get a lomng with everyone in a much smaller enviorment. And now that I am leaving I am leaving in a lot better shape then I was when I came in never been happier.

i have had a great experience at sunflower wellness retreat i have learned a lot and i believe i have gained the tools and knowledge i will need to live in sobriety. i will recommend sunflower retreat to anyone who is looking for help for addiction.

this place is absolutely amazing for recovery the staff genuinely cares and is here to help with anything needed absolutely awesome place to stay for recovery as long as you want recovery this place will give you the tools needed to succeed in your new life

A wonderful experience, excellent staff with plenty of one on one attention.

Sunflower has COMPLETELY changed my life, I cant describe in words what this place, staff, and clients have done for me. I thought I was completely hopeless until I came here and the support I got from here. I love this place with ALL of my heart. The owner and director here are absolutely INCREDIBLE and supportive. They have helped me beyond any other of the 6 treatment centers I have been through. They have a HUGE spot in my heart truly. And I look forward to coming back and seeing the new clients and see this place expand! I LOVE SUNFLOWER WELLNESS RETREAT.

The staff at Sunflower Wellness Reb were very helpful and friendly I would recommend them to anybody!.

Sunspire Health Hilton Head
  • Detox
  • Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
St. Gregory Retreat Centers