Taylor Recovery Center in Houston, TX

5711 Lavender St
Houston TX 77026

Taylor Recovery Center Philosophy

Treating the whole person, including the mind, body, and spirit, provides individuals the best opportunity for healing and successful long-term recovery. We understand that having fun sober not only causes stress to flee, but that it motivates our clients to press forward and experience the joy and excitement of a life lived without the abuse of drugs or alcohol.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

• Intensive Outpatient
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Pet friendly facility

Three meals per day prepared by on site chef

Gym membership

Donald Hauser, MD

Psychiatrist

Michelle Bienz

Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine

ABOUT TAYLOR RECOVERY CENTER

Located just east of downtown Houston, Texas, Taylor Recovery Center is an upscale, pet-friendly sober living community designed for adults struggling with a history of chemical dependency, as well as co-occurring disorders. The sober living community offers peer support, an intensive outpatient program (IOP), organized outdoor activities, and other services to support ongoing recovery for its residents.

If a resident decides to enroll into Taylor Recovery Center's intensive outpatient program, they may undergo an initial assessment to help clinicians determine individual needs. The goal of Taylor Recovery Center is to provide a luxury, supportive living environment with available resources and services to help residents maintain and enjoy living in recovery.

Taylor Recovery Center's intensive outpatient program involves nine hours of weekly treatment, which includes educational classes on coping skills and relapse prevention strategies, as well as group counseling sessions. Clients also attend weekly individual sessions with a psychiatrist and participate in acupuncture and yoga sessions. In addition, IOP offers weekly multi-family education sessions for loves ones. Taylor Recovery Center offers their IOP sessions three times a day, three days per week.

In addition to its IOP, Taylor Recovery Center also provides residents of its sober living community a range of other services to support recovery. The community holds a 12-step program and provides transportation to off-site meetings, organizes on-site yoga and meditation,plans community outings, and employs an on-site psychiatrist. In addition, clients are subject to random toxicology screenings to ensure the safety of the community.

Taylor Recovery Center employs a team of psychiatrists, licensed professional counselors, case managers, an acupuncturist, a yoga instructor, residential managers, and a culinary team.

Taylor Recovery Center is an expansive, upscale apartment complex. The recently-remodeled facility spans over 22,000 square feet and features a dog park, an outdoor meditation area with a fireplace, hammocks and seating areas, basketball court, as well as a large community activity room with large, flat screen TV, ping pong and gaming consoles.

While living in the sober living community, residents may choose from fully private or semi-private rooms in gender-specific apartments, as well as single-occupancy luxury units. Each well-appointed apartment is fully furnished and features wood floors, granite countertops, tiled kitchens, as well as flat-screen TVs with cable and Wi-Fi.

Residents also enjoy a gym membership, access to free laundry facilities, three chef-prepared meals daily, weekly housekeeping services, and transportation to recreational outings and recovery-oriented events.

The seven alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of the writing all gave glowing reviews for the facility. Out of five stars, the seven alumni gave an average rating of 4.86 stars for the facility's counseling options, 4.71 stars for the inclusion of holistic treatments, as well as perfect five-star ratings for the treatment staff's level of experience and training and the staff's availability. "Great experience at this treatment center,"Sydney wrote, while alum Matthew added: "They really care about the clients." Kayla simply wrote: "I am very grateful for Taylor Recovery."

Secondary sources revealed that other alumni strongly support these positive opinions of the facility. On Google reviews, 30 individuals gave the facility an average rating of 4.4 out of five-star rating. [1] Alumni tended to praise the community's luxury accommodations, the staff, and the supportive environment. "This place is truly a community built upon recovery!" Kristen, a representative reviewer, wrote.

The sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing echoed positive alumni feedback, offering perfect five-star ratings for the facility's safety and comfort, the facility's counseling options, the amount of family participation, and the treatment staff's level of experience and training. "This was a life changing experience for my daughter. I appreciate everything the staff has done for our family!" Julie wrote.

Taylor Recovery Center accepts a range of private insurance plans. Collectively, the eight individuals polled by Rehabs.com gave the facility average ratings for 4.63 stars for the facility's affordability and 4.75 stars for its cost value to effectiveness.

[1] https://goo.gl/NQKjhY

Published on November 2017

Taylor Recovery Center is an awesome spot , but like anything in life you get out what you put in. And Taylor makes it easy to put everything into Recovery---between meetings with the majority of residents all going, to sober softball, and just lounging around after curfew enjoying the dogs doing goofy dog things and the stories and actions of the residents they really make it easy to be entirely engulfed in fun and social recovery. My time at taylor i made 2 friends that were later in my wedding, and noticed the only ones with a bad experience were those who constantly withdrew/isolated to the comforts of their rooms and/or electronics. Taylor uses fun and healthy social interaction as an integral part of Recovery, it is not their fault if clients choose not embrace what i have seen proven over and over to be a judgment free and super accepting atmosphere.

Taylor recovery is by far “all about the Money”.For all you parents that care about your children “DO NOT not send them to Taylor recovery”! As long as the insurance is good they want as many clients as possible.I made a complaint and it’s yet be be responded to.Very un professional ,the groups are one another pulling each other down.I have no respect for staff except for one and her hunger to maintain authority threw the night.she really cares about making it safer for people trying to stay clean-but she can’t do it alone!very respectful lady and loves the kids.And the chef there are out of this world the foods so good but I’m sure they get shown no love for it.Taylor recovery has no cameras but one,and have no control over there facility’s.Im a parent myself trying to get into tour so I can speak to young kids in juvenile detention centers-my way of giving back to the community .There’s just so many troubled young men and women there with no guidence once -so -ever.Im taking a step out of my life to make sure the public is aware .and it’s only out of love that I have for struggling young people struggling to get clean once and for all.they will tell you anything and everything to get you down there,once your loved ones are in they are abandoned to the bee nest that’s unheard of!It is un real!And it scares me to know this place exist in our city..thank you,and god bless.

I arrived straight out of a treatment center in Dallas Texas. I had been kicked out for petty stuff and by the grace of God Taylor let me come stay with them. The two main BHT’s are as laid back as anyone can ask but at the same time take recovery seriously. For the owners, i cant say enough good about them. He has 5 or 6 years under his belt and is an inspiration. We actually just won the softball tournament this past weekend so yes, they do take us out to do things. I’m a chronic relapser, but only until i got to a place like this that has the compassion for the addict unlike the alanon “tough love” crap that would only lead me to use again, did i get a solid foundation for my recovery. Ive been quoted as saying this place is like a summer camp. Recovery related of course. If you got a problem, come get the answer. Boggus

My name is Carey, and spent years addicted to prescription drugs. I was diagnosed with a painful disease, and my doctor, with the best of intentions, prescribed me high doses of opiates and benzodiazepines as well as sleeping pills. I quickly became addicted. After several hospital stays, seizures, and failed attempts at recovery, I was referred to Taylor recovery Center. It is here that I was able to loosen, and eventually break the chains addiction had bound me with. Taylor Recovery Center is cutting edge and innovative in their approach to recovery. Keeping the comfort and well being of clients in mind, Taylor invites clients to bring their beloved pets with them into recovery. Needless to say, this has a tremendous thearaputic value. Our pets bring us out of ourselves, and challenge us to focus on something other than the self destruction drugs bring. A landscaped dog park, hammocks, a fire pit and free membership to a gym are just some of the amennities. If you or a loved one is in need of a focused, effective treatment program, I highly recommend Taylor recovery Center.

If you are serious about your recovery, please give Taylor Recovery Center a try. You will not be sorry!!

It looks nice from the outside & they make promises that are very inviting but once you get in it quickly goes downhill. They pick their favorites & let those people get away with anything & everything. They will force you to go to IOP 5 days a week which is a joke they charge your insurance outrageous amounts of money just to sit there and talk about nonsense. If you don’t go to group they will make you quit or threaten to kick you out. Yes it looks nice from the outside but it’s a joke once you get inside. Zero recovery happening at this facility. If you are actually trying to stay sober this is NOT the place to try.

Great experience at this treatment center.

Best treatment that I have ever received.

well I have been at Taylor the past year and I have never had a bad experience here and the staff are amazing. They really care about the clients. R and C are the two best guys I know they also care I mean I didn't know what it would be like to have fun sober and this place taught me that and I owe my life and sobriety to them cause if not I would either be locked up or dead and I love the staff here equal to my family.....

The treatment at this facility is by far the best experience that I have ever had in my life.

Recovery is very easily to obtain living in the positive and friendly environment Taylor Recovery Center provides. You gain a structured lifestyle and skills to become a positive citizen of society.

Its exactly what I signed in for, you get out what you put in

I am very grateful for Taylor Recovery. Without Taylor I know I would have had a very difficult time staying sober coming out of rehab. I have been clean for over sixty days and am planning on going back to teaching. Taylor has given me a second chance at doing what I love and enjoying life.